Master of Science in Threat and Response Management
Capstone projects, masters in emergency management capstone process.
As a culminating experience, Master of Science in Threat and Response Management students put into practice the knowledge and skills they have learned during their coursework by completing a capstone project. The project is a degree requirement and is completed during the last three quarters of their program. Program staff support these efforts by curating a portfolio of projects with capstone sponsors which include industry partners, governmental agencies, and program graduates. The program also facilitates matching students to projects based on skills and interest and helps assign scientific advisors to provide guidance and mentorship.
The capstone process is an opportunity for students to develop and implement an emergency management solution and explore potential networking and employment partnerships. Students work together in small teams and begin the experience in the autumn quarter.
- First Quarter
- Second Quarter
- Third Quarter
Students review their project and develop a plan for implementation, meet with project sponsors to document scope, goals, requirements, and timeline. Students write a project proposal and confirm with the sponsor and advisors.
Students implement the project and are expected to spend approximately 80-100 hours on implementation. Depending on the proposal, students work onsite or remotely with the sponsor and check in weekly regarding progress. Sponsors are expected to give regular feedback to ensure project is moving in the right direction.
Students write their final paper and develop a presentation. At the end of the final quarter, sponsors, faculty, and students are invited to a showcase of all the capstone projects.
Sample Capstone Project
Interested in uncovering a use for unmanned aerial vehicle technologies, or drones, that might de-stigmatize the popular image they’ve acquired through their military use abroad? MScTRM capstone students sought to outfit a drone with a signal-detecting device capable of locating cellphone signals to improve the detection of humans following a major earthquake.
See Full Article
Our capstone advisors comprise current and former instructors, including:
Edward G. Buikema, BA
Senior Consultant, Argonne National Laboratory
Edward G. Buikema is an instructor for the University of Chicago’s Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies and previously taught in the Master of Science in Threat and Response Management Program. He is an Associate Employee of the Argonne National Laboratory in Chicago and is...
L. Paul Lewis, MS, JD
Technical Programs Attorney, Risk and Infrastructure Sciences Center...
Mr. Lewis graduated from the Master of Science in Threat and Response Management program in 2011. He is a technical programs attorney in the Risk and Infrastructure Sciences Center, Global Security Sciences Division at Argonne National Laboratory. In this position, he leads multidisciplinary...
Ignacio J. Martinez-Moyano, PhD
Computational Social Scientist and Socio-Technical Systems Section...
Ignacio J Martinez-Moyano is a computational social scientist and socio-technical systems section leader in the Systems Science Center of the Global Security Sciences Division at Argonne National Laboratory. He is also a senior fellow at the Computation Institute of the University of Chicago and at...
Roland Varriale, MS
Cyber Security Analyst for Cyber Operations, Analysis, and Research...
Roland Varriale is a cyber security analyst for Cyber Operations, Analysis, and Research in Argonne National Laboratory’s Strategic Security Sciences Division. Roland has worked in various capacities from a business analyst to an intelligent transportation systems researcher and developer. He is...
Donald R. Zoufal, JD, MA
Safety and Security Executive, System Development Integration, LLC.
Donald Zoufal is currently a safety and security industry executive with System Development Integration, LLC. He has held a series of high-level public sector safety and security posts, including First Deputy for the City of Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications and Deputy...
- Developing Skills while Building Industry Connections
- Advancing the Meaningful Impact of Drones
- Advances in Earthquake Response
Online Programming Lessons, Tutorials and Capstone Project guide
List of Completed Capstone Projects with Source code
Our team has put up a list of Capstone Project ideas in this article. The capstone projects indicated below are finished, and the source code is available as well. The information in this article could aid future researchers in coming up with distinctive capstone project ideas.
Choosing a topic is the most important and first stage in your capstone project journey as a student or researcher. If you choose a topic without giving it much thought, you may fail. To begin, make sure you’re passionate about the topic and convinced that the research portion will never tire you. Second, make sure it aligns with your curriculum and allows you to show your teacher what you’ve learned in class while still being applicable in the real world. The finished capstone project title ideas with the source code listed below may be useful to future researchers.
- Vehicle Franchise Application Management System
A vehicle has become a large part of our daily commuting needs. People use a vehicle to get to work, visit places, and for moving around to run errands. The capstone project, entitled “Vehicle Franchise Application Management System”, is a system designed to automate the process of applying for vehicle franchises. This project will eliminate the manual method which costs a valuable amount of time and effort and is also prone to human errors.
- Medical Equipment Monitoring System
The extended use of technology and smart devices in medical fields has brought a huge effect on the world’s health care. Hospital now uses medical tools not only for the services they render to their patients but also for the betterment of the hospital’s medical equipment. Medical equipment is essential especially since they are used for treating different medical conditions. The capstone project, titled “Medical Equipment Monitoring System” is designed to automate the process of monitoring medical equipment in the hospital. This is to ensure that they are in a good condition and will not suddenly malfunction and wear out. The system will also help track and monitor numbers of medical equipment in the hospital to tell whether it has enough that can support the needs of the patients.
- First Aid Mobile Application
The capstone project, “First Aid Mobile Application” allows users to provide first aid during an emergency. The mobile application will provide the step-by-step process of doing the first aid for the specific injury or illness. By definition, first aid is immediate medical attention or treatment for anyone who has suffered a sudden illness or injury. Knowing first aid is essential to respond to emergency cases and be able to relieve pain, maintain life, promote recovery and prevent the patient’s condition from worsening until professional medical help arrives. The application is available for download and use in emergencies. The user just has to input the injury or illnesses that occur unexpectedly, and the application will provide them with the step-by-step process of administering first aid.
- Mobile Learning Application (Math, Science, etc)
eLearning is an excellent opportunity to broaden the scope of the learning experience, as it allows learners to carry on learning while they’re on the move. However, their needs and expectations are not the same as when they are in a classic e-learning setting. One of the key challenges of mobile learning is how to articulate mobile learning and e-learning seamlessly so that the learning experience remains coherent and fluid.
The purpose of the said application is to promote the learning about different subjects such as math, science, and other subjects. This application offers a variety of subjects that the user can learn from when they use the application.
- Ticket Support Management System
The project entitled Ticket Support Management System is an online platform designed to manage issues, concerns, questions, and conversations between customers and the support team. It is used to control and monitor queries from customers and to provide a proper and effective way of communication to provide feedback and solutions to customers.
The said project was designed in Bootstrap and then converted into a PHP file. The ticket includes a code, description, and the assigned support member which is the role of the moderator. The process of conversation will be recorded in the system for archiving purposes and once the issue has been solved the moderator will send a message to the client that the query has already been solved and it will be marked as closed. Closed tickets will not be entertained and the customer will need to create or request another ticket if new issues will arise.
- Web and Mobile Based Brgy Management System
The core function of this study is to offer a detailed reliable and secure keeping of all data. Web-Based Barangay Management System with Mobile App Support Application hopes to enhance the way of managing, issuing a certificate, and keeping all the resident’s confidential records.
This system facilitates Barangay management by enabling the client barangay to maintain their resident records as complete and up-to-date as possible and as easily accessible for verification, monitoring, and reference purposes based on the available residents’ census data kept by the client Barangay. Data provided by this system in the form of comprehensive reports are invaluable for planning, program implementation, and related purposes .
- Veterinary Scheduling and Sales Management
The capstone project entitled “Veterinary Scheduling and Sales Management System” is an online platform that caters to the needs, requirements, and business processes of a veterinary clinic. This article is about the use case diagram of the said capstone project. As presented in the image below, the Veterinary Scheduling System has 6 core modules and 3 actors can access the modules according to their roles.
The client can access the client profile, product management, services offered, payment, and schedule appointments. Secretary can access the entire core modules of the project while the veterinarian can only access the scheduled appointment and reports module.
- Person with Disability Information System
The capstone project entitled “Person with Disability Information System” is an online platform to manage and archive records about the person with a disability or PWD per barangay in a city. A standard profiling form will be used and it will be encoded into the system for a digital record of the PWD. With the implementation of this project, the researchers are hopeful that the system would be a great help not only for monitoring purposes but for information dissemination as well.
- Medical Dictionary Application
Medical Dictionary Application is a capstone project designed to serve as a source of information in terms of medical terminologies. The application will contain medical terms, abbreviations, and their meaning. The application can be used by both iOS and Android users. The application will help the end-users put in their own hands the information they wish to know. This medical dictionary will be of great help for those who seek to gain knowledge. The application will also help medical students in their studies, they will have an accessible source of information if they have difficulty understanding some terms in their lessons.
- Elearning System with SMS Notification
The new learning paradigm in the educational system encourages students to be in control of how they learn, and the teachers to let go of their control over the learning process in the classrooms and begin to function as designers and facilitators of learning. Teachers assist their students to develop independent learning skills, understand the strengths and weaknesses of open learning, and be able to develop and deliver educational materials more creatively, effectively, and efficiently.
The purpose of this study is to provide an IT-based solution in the field of education. The researchers will create and develop an eLearning platform that will allow their faculty members to upload their lecture material and assess their students using the test and exam module of the project. In addition, the application is very helpful on the student side since they can now view and download their modules and take their examinations at their home.
- HerbalCare Mobile Application
The project entitled “Herbalcare Mobile Application”, is a mobile application designed and developed in JQuery Mobile and Phonegap Build. The said project is a compilation of herbal medicines found in the localities of the Philippines which can be useful in some minor ailments such as cough, skin allergies, and others.
The project includes information about the herbal plants, their uses, benefits, and preparation.
- Entrance Examination with SMS Notification
The entrance examination is a web/lan-based application that will run even if there is no internet connection. PHP, MySQL, and Bootstrap were used to design and develop the said project. The project will be set up in a secured server or computer unit in which an authorized person can only access the physical and software components of the server. The examination module can be accessed on the computers in the laboratories.
The project can also be accessed on mobile devices and SMS notifications and reports are automatically generated.
- Reviewer Mobile Based Application
The mobile-based reviewer app is another method for learners to study and review their lessons using their mobile devices. The said project is available on both Android and iOS devices, it was written in Framework 7 and Apache Cordova, it is a hybrid type of mobile development where the HTML, CSS, and JS files can be converted into a mobile application.
The application contains lecture materials in a form of text, pdf, and video format. Assessment for every lesson in a form of multiple choices is also one of the functions of the mobile app. Scores and progress results are stored in the local storage of the device but the scores are also submitted to the instructor for monitoring purposes. The application can be used offline which means that the users can still open their lessons and take quizzes even if their device has no internet connection.
- Vehicle Impoundment Records Management
Vehicles are held in impounding yards if used as a sanctionable offense. Impounding officers faced difficulties in managing different records and information of impounded cars. The development of computerized systems and applications eases up operations of different sectors. The use of the systematic approach will ease up the management processes and operations of the vehicle impoundment management.
The capstone project, entitled “Vehicle Impoundment Records Management System” is designed to record, process and monitor impounded vehicles. The system will electronically manage all impounded vehicle-related information. From impounding up to releasing the vehicles. The system will eliminate manual processes done to complete transactions between the impounding officers, yards, and vehicle owners.
- Network-Based Laundry Management System
The capstone project entitled “Network-Based Laundry Management System” is a web-based system that allows shop owners to automate the process of records management. It is also intended to properly record the payment of customers to generate accurate reports of income. It is a database-driven application that manages the records and transactions of the laundry shop. The said system helps smoothen and improvise the dry cleaners and laundry business management service workflow like laundry record-keeping, laundry billing, and report generation.
- Doctor Appointment System
The project entitled Doctor Appointment System is an online platform that allows the customers/patients to register their information online. After the approval of the account, they can now log in and request an appointment with their doctors. The admin will serve as the middle man or secretary between the doctor and patient. The admin can manage the records of the system.
The said system was designed and developed in PHP, MySQL, and Bootstrap. Our team is willing to help you modify the project based on your specific requirements.
- Parish Record Management with SMS
The Parish Office is offering the usual services that many of the parishioners have availed of or can avail of. Such services are mass scheduled for the city chapels and center chapels, baptism services, wedding services, and blessings for houses and other acquired properties. With the computer-based record-keeping, every transaction on the said services will be beneficial considering that automation of services is the key feature of the system.
With Parish Record Management with SMS, inputs of data will be made faster, scheduling of masses will be easier, baptism and wedding and special blessings services can be reserved and scheduled quickly by the personnel of the said office. Furthermore, reports can be generated correctly and efficiently, such as baptismal certificates, pre-Cana seminar certificates, and marriage contracts.
- Web-Based Event Scoring Application
The capstone project entitled “Web Bases Event Scoring Application” will allow automated tabulation of scores during events or competitions. The system will allow the judges to electronically input their scores and the system will automatically tabulate the scores and provide the results of the contest. The proposed system will streamline the process of tabulating scores. Judges will use the system and enter their scores for every contestant in the competition. The system will electronically tabulate the scores and generate a result of the competition. The said project will make the tabulation process easy, fast, accurate, and convenient.
- Mobile Application on Student Handbook
This project study is all about converting a handbook into an android application which is the researchers’ solution in preserving the handbook in a way that it will not be torn easily and protect it from water during the rainy season. An android based handbook that is accessible anytime and will be installed on android devices.
At the end of the study, we were able to create an android application for our school’s college department which outlines student rights, privileges, and responsibilities and provides information about how to get help with appeal requests, processes and procedures, and resources available from school system personnel.
- Financial Management System with SMS
The capstone project, entitled “Financial Management with SMS” will allow organizations to electronically manage financial activities. The said project will serve as a platform where organizations manage and store information, especially financial reports. The financial management system will also have an SMS feature to notify members of the organizations of updates. The proposed system will streamline the process of managing and storing organizations’ information related to their finances, especially during events. The system will serve as a repository of information such as members’ information, events, financial records, and other related information. By using the system, records will be electronically safe and secured. The system will ease up the job of the finance department and the system will help them in lessening the errors encountered in carrying out the task. The system is easy, reliable, and convenient to use.
- Salary Notification System with SMS
The researchers of this project aim to design and develop a system wherein employers and employees will have a private platform wherein they can provide updates about the employee’s salaries. The system will let employers manage and notify the employees about the summary of their salary and the details about the deductions in their salary. The system will also notify the employee about the amount deducted from their salary to avoid complaints and confusion as to why the salary is not intact. By having this platform, the employers and employees can discuss details about the salary in a confidential, convenient and fast way.
- Faculty and Student Clearance Processing System
The capstone project entitled “Faculty and Student Clearance Application” is a web and mobile-based project that aimed to replace the manual method of processing the clearances of students and faculty. Clearance processing is very important to determine if the students and faculty members had complied with the requirements set by the school. The project was developed in PHP, MySQL, and Bootstrap, the following stated tools are usually used to design and develop a responsive application that can be accessed using a browser (desktop, laptop, mobile devices).
- Employee Personal Data Sheet Information System
The project entitled Employee Personal Data Sheet Information System is a web-based project using PHP, MySQL, Bootstrap, Visual Basic, and MySQL version is also available.
The system includes the profiling of personnel, keeping track of their academic achievements, seminars attended, and many more.
The said project is for the HR or human resource department which will help them in the record and archiving of their employee’s profile.
- 4 Pics One Word Mobile App Game
- Web-Based Voting Application
The voting system especially with the contribution of a mobile application to our system has attracted lately the attention of many schools as manual voting to automatic voting with the hope the student’s to increase their participation and reduce the cost. While participation initiatives have been deployed across the schools with mixed results from the students. As the internet is highly known by everyone and used, a voting system with mobile application came as an alternative and easier way to vote automatically and thus was rapidly accepted.
Recent efforts to implement automated voting in schools faced many challenges, such as a lack of information communication technologies. The lack of trust in automated affects very seriously any effort to migrate from the manual voting procedures to an electric voting system since voting is a fundamental process in any school.
Technology is known as the catalyst for change that took place in different industries and institutions. Information Technology has changed the world dramatically. As of today, it is hard to imagine any sector or institution that has not benefited from the advancements in technology. The most common role that IT played in these sectors is the automation of different operations and transactions to increase efficiency and improve the overall experience and satisfaction of the people. The aforementioned capstone project ideas will be a great help in various industries.
You may visit our Facebook page for more information, inquiries, and comments. Please subscribe also to our YouTube Channel to receive free capstone projects resources and computer programming tutorials.
Hire our team to do the project.
Related Topics and Articles:
- Capstone Projects and Thesis Titles for Information Technology
- Thesis and Capstone Project for IT, IS and CS Students
- Thesis System for IT and Computer Science
- New and Unique Thesis and Capstone Project Ideas for Information Technology
- Completed Thesis Project for Information Technology
- List of Thesis and Capstone Projects for Information Technology
- Web Based and Online Application for Capstone and Thesis Projects
- Android and Mobile Based List of Capstone and Thesis Projects
- Thesis and Capstone Project Title Compilation for Information Technology
- Transcribe Medical System Database Design
- Courier Logistics Software in PHP and MySQL
Payroll system in visual basic 6.0.
Email and SMS Marketing Solution in Laravel
Duplicate Document Detection using Machine Learning
- 5 Capstone Projects for an Emergency Management Student
When studying emergency management, students can complete capstone projects that allow them to apply the knowledge they have learned in classes to real world scenarios. These projects can be related to transportation for refugees, calculating the costs of repairing damage and identifying equipment that could help victims. Moreover, a student might create a guide that will allow a region’s residents to prepare for natural disasters, and the manual can provide a list of injuries that could affect citizens and analyze items that each first aid kit should contain. Here is some further discussion on possible capstone projects for emergency management students.
Resource: 50 Most Affordable Schools for an Emergency Management Degree 2015
Supplies for a Town’s Residents
A student could create a comprehensive list of resources that a community might need after a natural disaster, and the checklist may include bottles of water, tents, warm clothing, flashlights and numerous types of vehicles. The student’s project may help readers to calculate the amount of first aid kits that a town requires and ensure that each package has certain supplies, such as gauze, antibacterial creams, gloves, various types of bandages, scissors and gels that could reduce the effects of burns.
Students can develop capstone projects that may allow organizations to determine the types of equipment that would help responders to locate and to treat victims who have experienced hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes or sizable fires. The manual could describe the capabilities of each type of equipment and the average cost of every device.
If a natural disaster could cause severe flooding, organizations should have access to many small boats that are able to transport supplies and injured residents. Furthermore, the organization can plan to rent numerous helicopters in advance to allow responders to rescue citizens who are stranded on rooftops or in trees.
Ensuring That Citizens Are Ready for Numerous Types of Emergencies
Some students develop programs that allow citizens to prepare for natural disasters that are relatively common in their areas, and the guidelines encourage individuals to stockpile certain types of foods, store at least 150 bottles of water, purchase emergency blankets and buy numerous flashlights that are resistant to moisture. The project could also help citizens to locate underground shelters and to determine the locations of at least three nearby hospitals.
If an area is susceptible to hurricanes or floods, the guide may teach residents to waterproof certain types of backpacks that contain supplies, and the program can help readers to decontaminate water by boiling the liquid or using numerous types of filters. When creating a guide for a local community, the student should add a map that indicates elevated areas and highlights routes that offer easy access to the safe locations.
Evaluating the Strength of Various Structures
Many students develop step-by-step manuals that allow inspectors to analyze a building’s components and to determine whether or not a structure could withstand certain natural disasters. The essay could help analysts to evaluate windows, a building’s shingles and beams that support the roof. Furthermore, the analyst should examine the sections that surround the windows because these areas may be more susceptible to wind or flying debris than most parts of a structure’s walls.
Helping Responders to Practice
The expert may create guidelines that allow responders to rapidly learn to use new techniques and transmitters that can help an organization to determine each rescuer’s location. Some manuals provide tips for organizations that are searching for victims who may be laying underneath rubble, and the guides could offer strategies that may allow rescuers to lift or to cut certain types of debris.
The capstone project can describe techniques that could give individuals the ability to safely move through a building that contains smoke and traverse an area that has several feet of murky water. Some detailed guides also help responders to rapidly test the strength of a damaged structure’s floor.
When completing the project and performing research, a student may partner with an organization that manages responses to natural disasters, and an experienced professor will generally evaluate and approve every section of the program. In general, the student will develop the project throughout two semesters and will submit it within one month of graduation.
Additional Resource: Top 10 Online Emergency Management Degree Programs 2015
Payment is under Review
Dear Customer, your payment is being reviewed by payment system. Your writer will start work instantly as we get response. Just wait some moments...
Payment is Success
Dear Customer, thank you for payment. Your order is in progress now
Payment is Failed
Dear Customer, your payment has been refused. Try another card or payment method.
- Samples List
Capstone Project Proposal Emergency Preparedness for Individuals with Special Needs, Disabilities, and the Elderly
Place new order. it's free, fast and safe, our customers say.
"I'm fully satisfied with the essay I've just received. When I read it, I felt like it was exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn’t find the necessary words. Thank you!"
"I don’t know what I would do without your assistance! With your help, I met my deadline just in time and the work was very professional. I will be back in several days with another assignment!"
"It was the perfect experience! I enjoyed working with my writer, he delivered my work on time and followed all the guidelines about the referencing and contents."
- Essay Writing
- Essay Writer
- Essay Format
- Writing from Scratch
- APA Essay Format
- Chicago Essay Format
- Harvard Essay Format
- Tubarian Essay Format
- 5-paragraph Essay
- Admission Essay
- Annotated Bibliography
- Argumentative Essay
- Article Review
- Book/Movie Review
- Business Plan
- Cause and Effect Essay
- Classification Essay
- Comparison Essay
- Creative Writing
- Critical Thinking/Review
- Deductive Essay
- Definition Essay
- Essay (Any Type)
- Exploratory Essay
- Expository Essay
- Informal Essay
- Literature Essay
- Multiple Choice Question
- Narrative Essay
- Personal Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Reflective Writing
- Research Essay
- Response Essay
- Scholarship Essay
Already have an account? Log in .
Do not have one yet? Create an account .
Please, enter your e-mail or login and push Send button. We send you new password on registration e-mail
- [email protected]
- +1 (256) 467-6541
Emergency nursing capstone project ideas For DNP or MSN
Are you struggling to come up with the perfect topic for your capstone project?
You have come to the right place . We offer topic research services for students. Where come up with a list of good topics in any medical area.
Each topic comes with a brief description and background information.
Chart Now Order Now
Emergency nursing capstone project ideas
Seeking a specialization through certification and earning a graduate or postgraduate degree are sure ways to earn your emergency nursing practitioner certificate. If you enroll in an academic program for an emergency nurse practitioner, your studies will culminate in a capstone project.
Writing an emergency nursing capstone project can be challenging, not because of the number of tasks it involves, but because completion depends on how well-written it is to attract the best grades.
If you need any help with your Emergency Nurse capstone project, check DNP C apstone Project Help
Emergency Nurse Practitioner Role – What is Involved
As an emergency nurse practitioner, you will act as a specialist nurse practicing independently in your field of practice. An emergency nurse practitioner works in the emergency department and has been specially trained to treat minor injuries without necessarily having to refer to a physician.
An emergency nurse practitioner can assess, diagnose, treat, and discharge patients. They are also able to carry out a variety of tasks such as reading and assessing x-rays, giving injections as well as administering medications. They can record and interpret ECG examinations, carry out a wound, burn and scald treatments or apply Plaster of Paris to fractures.
The emergency nurses can treat all kinds of patients from the age of 12 and must be adaptable and able to make quick decisions even when under pressure. The role of an emergency nurse is in many ways all-round and can work in trauma centers, urgent care centers, or on ambulances.
Why Emergency Nurse Practitioners Are Important
Before an emergency nurse practitioner was introduced, patients were referred to a physician for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, discharge, and prescriptions. All these added to the already pressured limited number of doctors available. Thus could add to the ever-increasing waiting times in emergency departments as well as in urgent care units.
The emergency nurse practitioner has developed to form part of a wider solution to this problem while serving to take the pressure off the doctors. The emergency nurse practitioners, as such, increase productivity in healthcare centers and hospitals as doctors and other healthcare providers are not overstretched.
By introducing emergency nurse practitioners’ roles, it is believed that waiting times and cost health care services will be reduced while the quality of service is maintained or enhanced.
How to Choose Topic for Emergency Nurse Capstone Project Idea for DNP and MSN?
When it comes to choosing a topic for your emergency nurse capstone project, you shouldn’t take this process lightly. The topic you pick will determine the extent of your research and how you will write the entire project. So, it is important to make a fatal mistake. If you feel stuck in identifying the topic of your project, you can have these few effective tips to help you get started.
1. Choose a topic idea that is least explored:
When you pick a topic idea that has not been widely explored allows you to create a path that others who will come after you will follow. Besides, you will gain knowledge through research, analysis, and presentation.
2. Choose the nursing capstone project idea that interests you
If you are going to write an emergency nursing capstone project, then you will want to write on a topic that you like. Be sure to align your career goals are aligned to your emergency nursing capstone project.
3. Don’t be overly ambitious
Consider your capstone project’s feasibility in terms of time you need to get it done, the cost of the project, and the help you will need from others to complete the project.
4. Choose a range of ideas
After coming up with about four-five capstone project ideas, you can then consult with your capstone project mentor on the best approach to take in settling for the best topic idea among the five.
5. Consult with your lecturers
Since these are the same people who evaluate you, you might want to hear their point of view on the topic to pick for your nursing capstone project. They might give you insights that can come in handy and they might have additional thoughts and leads to great references.
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For MSN and DNP
- Is tracking patients in the emergency with the help of an App good for their friends and family?
- What items should be replaced in the ER?
- Could emergency calls be simplified?
- How a mobile application can improve ER procedures?
- How many people ride in ambulances around the world?
- Should every nurse have access to the ER?
- Paying for staying in the ER – How can be the system improved?
- What is the average period of staying in the ER around the world?
- How can colors affect the ER patient?
- Improving the odds for a drowning victim.
- How to improve rural access to emergency care
- Reducing violence in the ER
- Effects of tasters on cardiac disorders
- Should the family be allowed to remain for resuscitation
- Alcohol and drug screening for adolescent patients
- Best strategies for overcoming pepper spray exposure
- Pediatric trauma and shock
- Triage and psychiatric screening improvements
- Administration of medicines nasally
- Improving patient behavior
- Handling pediatric fall victims
- Dealing with miscarriage
- Identification and treatment of abused women
- Recognition of water intoxication in children
- Improving care for staff after the unexpected death of a child
- Terrorist attacks and disasters; how can nurses improve personal preparedness
Tips for Writing Your Emergency Nursing Capstone Project
To get the best grades out of your capstone project, the research and overall writing of the project should be done step by step while following the steps below:
- Get a clear understanding from your supervisor : This will involve getting the correct format and structure to use in your paper. Ensure that you have what is expected of at your fingertips.
- Plan for the project from start to finish : A comprehensive plan on how to write your capstone project will help you move your project forward in a consistent manner.
- Create an online for your paper : Mapping out exactly what every section of your capstone project will contain will help you limit the excess rewriting. It will also help you identify any issues early enough in your writing.
- Get your references from reliable sources : Make sure you don’t only rely on the use of the internet to get your sources. Use other avenues such as the library to look for journals, books, and other literary works. If you are using the internet, use the scholarly search engine.
- Consult your supervisor or a regular basis : Your supervisors are there to help you, therefore, make sure you seek help where necessary and stay on track with what is required of you.
- Have a routine for your writing : Make a timetable on how you will be writing your capstone project. Have a clear target for how much reading and writing you can write at a particular time. With this, you will progress smoothly until you complete your capstone project.
Finalize You Emergency Nursing Capstone Project
When you rush your project and submit it without carefully checking it is a recipe for poor grades. It is important to take extra care when it comes to your academic life, especially when doing your final touches before you enter the professional world. As such, ensure that you edit and thoroughly proofread your emergency nursing capstone project before you submit.
Make sure that your project has the right references, it has an attention-grabbing title, and that the ideas, facts, and supporting evidence are coherent and that the entire document is flawless.
With all these falling in line, you can be sure to get a good grade out of your emergency nursing capstone project. But should you get stuck in the process, we are always available to help you.
- 150 Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Nursing Paper Writing Services
- Pediatric Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance
Creative Nursing capstone Project Ideas
Your search for the best capstone project ideas for nursing capstone projects ends here. If you are wondering what a good nursing capstone topic idea to choose is, we will guide you through the process of selecting the best topic given different possibilities. We are a nursing writing service that every other nursing student wants to associate with, and it is because we are passionate about what we do.
When you are ready for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project , you can easily get confused with plenty of ideas that come to mind. You might end up choosing a capstone project idea that is unperceivable and lacks content online. Maybe you will most likely settle for a broad topic, or you are just out of capstone ideas in nursing; you should definitely take some coffee, find a relaxed position, and drink from this pot of wisdom. With 100+ nursing capstone project ideas, you surely must get one that fits your taste. Do not peter out yet; our professional nurse writers can help you draft the capstone project outline as well.
Our expert nursing capstone paper writers have always handled topics in different specialties and topics. You can rely on us for graduate nursing capstone project ideas (MSN and DNP level).
Unlike the list of capstone project ideas you will encounter online, we have categorized these ideas to refine them further and make it easier for you to pick one depending on your specialty. Whether you are a BSN, MSN, or DNP student, we are optimistic that this comprehensive list on the internet is all you need to begin brainstorming on your capstone project topics .
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
A nursing capstone project also referred to as a senior capstone or capstone experience refers to an academic paper that consolidates practical work experience, experimentation, facts to help identify real-world setting issues, and applying skills from class to develop actionable solutions. Capstone projects in nursing can either be inclined towards research or problem-solving.
A nursing capstone paper can be anywhere between 20 pages and 100 pages in length. It should have a compelling argument, exhibit the choice of excellent capstone nursing topics.
Capstone projects are evidence-based practice (EBP) projects and reinforce best practices in different nursing fields. A common focus of the capstone projects in nursing is how to implement technology into practice and effective care delivery. They also revolve around finding solutions for better healthcare management of the staff and staffing issues.
When undertaking a capstone project course, a student works with a practicing professional (a capstone graduate) to help them all the way, offer real-world experience, and advise on the design.
Why Capstone Projects are Important for Nursing Students
There are many goals of a nursing capstone project. These reasons are anchor the need for most students to choose a capstone project over a nursing thesis if given a chance.
- Understanding Community Needs. Through handling the nursing capstone projects, students identify and address the healthcare needs and issue within their community settings.
- Capstone projects help define an information problem or opportunity. For instance, if the rates of childhood obesity are high, a capstone project can come up with assured strategies to address the scourge.
- The nursing capstone project also helps develop an interest in a given specialty. As one works on their capstone projects, they can, in the process, develop a passion for a given area of interest.
- Capstone projects are a chance to combine work from class with professional practice. As students handle their capstone projects, they can apply various nursing theories, frameworks, models, and ideas to help their professional development.
- It helps students look at the world from a systems approach point of view. A student who resorts to a nursing capstone project will most likely make a difference in the community, clinical setting of the healthcare department by trying to solve systemic problems in their specific area.
A good capstone project must reflect research ethics, statistics, program theory, leadership and is always preceded by a capstone research proposal.
Given the goals, graduate program capstone projects in nursing might take an entire semester. On the other hand, BSN capstone projects might take ten weeks to two semesters.
Do you need help with writing your nursing capstone project?
Difference between a Nursing Capstone Project and a Nursing Thesis
As you get close to the final term and the residency program gets closer, you will most likely either handle a thesis or a capstone project. A typical confusing question nursing students ask is, what's the difference between a capstone and a thesis in nursing? We have the answers right here for you.
Most nursing programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, mandate that the students complete either a nursing thesis or a capstone project. While a thesis project is meant to focus on a general issue and provide insights to the reader, a capstone thinly focuses on a specific issue, concern, or problem in the realm of nursing.
Also, unlike a thesis that presents a theory or solution, a capstone paper describes the issue using a fact-based approach.
A capstone project is most likely to be assigned from undergraduate to graduate level, whereas a nursing thesis is only assigned to graduate nursing students. Nursing capstone projects are also more focused compared to the theses. One of the reasons is because a capstone demonstrates the understanding of the topic through a detailed analytical approach. On the other hand, a thesis paper for nursing entails the generation of hypothesis or research questions, conducting research, analysis of data, explanation of the findings, and concluding as well as recommending the evidence-based practice.
Even with the differences, both nursing thesis and capstone projects form grounds for evidence-based practice in nursing.
Useful Tips when Choosing Great Nursing Capstone Ideas
Most nursing students complain that they do not have topics for their nursing capstone projects. One thing most students fail to realize is that they can approach their faculty advisor to help them select a capstone project idea that is relevant to their career goals. Here are some useful tips to help you arrive at your capstone idea of choice for your nursing program:
- Choose a topic or capstone project idea for nursing that has not been widely explored. This way, you get to chart a path that others who come after you will follow. You will also gain knowledge through research, analysis, and presentation.
- Choose nursing capstone projects that are interesting to you. If you decide to go with a topic on technology, for instance, be sure that your career goals align with nursing informatics or any tech-related aspect in healthcare.
- Use the internet to look for the scholarly sources that support your capstone idea of choice. Again, you do not want to choose a nursing capstone idea that does not have credible facts to support your idea. Go for strong nursing capstone ideas supported by theories, frameworks, and facts from scholarly nursing sources.
- Have a range of nursing capstone ideas. Then after coming up with three-four topic ideas, consult with your capstone project mentor on the best approach to take.
- When looking for topics for your nursing capstone, do not go for straightforward ideas. Chances always are that they won't get approval from your professor.
We can all agree that even though making a successful nursing capstone project is laborious, picking the best capstone project idea from the onset makes the entire process seamless and successful. If you have trouble and need help, our qualified capstone writers can help you choose the best. We are a leading nursing capstone project writing service on the internet.
The Potential Sources to Get Creative Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Necessity is always the mother of invention. When the time comes for you to come up with ideas for your capstone project in nursing, you can always wonder where to look. However, here are some highlights of the best places to look for nursing capstone project ideas.
1. Nursing News Articles
Google Search makes it easy to search for recent news in any realm. Think about the issue of mental health among the homeless, elderly abuse in-home care, or mental health among veterans in the news. It can give you insights on what areas to focus on, depending on the community you come from. When you read through the news, you will most likely click on an idea that could be the best for your nursing capstone.
2. Peer-Reviewed Nursing Journals
As a focused nursing student, access to peer-reviewed article databases is a must. You are most likely an ardent reader of medical or nursing journals online. By way of research, you could also have accidentally stumbled or objectively found some useful insights from such journals.
Have you spent time reading recent publications in journals? What are some of the topics that strike you the most? Are there issues open to debate that relates to nursing or the clinical environment? Are there gaps in research that need to be understood? When objectively reading recent articles published in nursing and medical-related journals is a viable way to come up with worthy capstone project ideas for your nursing capstone projects.
3. Clinical Rounds
Clinical allows you to work with a preceptor and sometimes shadow your peers when there is a shortage. In this respect, you may have learned a great deal from the clinical. You can convert the knowledge on your experiences during your clinical rounds and when offering care to the patient. How did you feel? What were some of the challenges? What concepts worked, and which ones flopped? Did the clinical facility apply evidence-based practice or evidence-based nursing? Were the staff focused on patient-centered care? You can generate many ideas at the end of the day by just reflecting on your clinical.
4. Nursing Capstone Papers from Past Classes
You will most likely be paired with a graduate capstone student. You can also ask your instructor and friends who have been through the nursing capstone paper writing process.
Skim through the past nursing capstone papers and see if some ideas come to mind. You will notice that as you interact with the content, your mind will wander into insightful topic ideas for your capstone project.
5. Class Notes and Material
The course objectives are given before you commence a course that can also be a starting point to brainstorm for nursing capstone ideas. As you read the objectives, you will understand what the end project capstone paper must look like. Also, class notes and reading material can give you useful insights. Still, you can comb through your past nursing essays, research papers, concept papers, and term papers or case studies to get good nursing capstone ideas.
Related Reading : Learn how to write a nursing capstone paper from our comprehensive nursing capstone project guide for students at any level: BSN, MSN, or DNP.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
- The link between homelessness and mental health issues
- The efficiency of Yoga in maintaining mental health wellbeing
- Use of expressive art therapy for positive youth development
- Using CBT for PTSD affected veterans
- Impact of sexual abuse on children
- How domestic violence affects the children
- Culture-based mental health programs
- Impacts of bullying at the workplace for new nurses
- Development of a new mental health guide for educators
- The use of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric facilities
- Art therapy and mental health
- Causes of suicide among youths
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Ketamine infusion therapy
- Tobacco dependence
- Safety in the psychiatric centers
- Preventing falls in psychiatric facilities
- Substance abuse disorders
- Substance abuse among the geriatric population
- Health education approach for mentally ill patients
- Addressing stigma among carers and patients with mental health issues
- Mental health issues among the aboriginal populations
- Understanding postnatal depression among women
- Mental health nursing for adolescents
- Mental health scales best for children in prison
- Access to mental health services by aboriginals or a specific population
- Lateral violence among nurses
- Effectiveness of mental health services for deaf service users
- Outcome measures for an inpatient with mental health issues
- Mental illness and autonomous decision making
- Psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment
- Links between heritage, arts, museums, and mental health
- Impacts of teenage suicides
- Preparing student nurses to manage trauma in clinical settings
- Mental health simulation models for ADN students
- Are Intellectual Disability Nurses perceived differently from other nurses?
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
- Operating room nurses and compassion fatigue
- Burnout among anesthetists
- Surgical asepsis
- How to implement surgical smoke evacuation in the operating room
- States that require surgical smoke evacuation
- Improving the Health of Perioperative Nurses by Eliminating Surgical Smoke
- Complications of general anesthesia
- Roles and responsibilities of nurses in OT
- Fumigation of OT
- The Dangers of Electrosurgical Smoke to Operating Room Personnel
- Obstacles for implementing effective smoke evacuation procedures and preventive measures
- Causes and symptoms of Meningitis
- Arterial bypass surgery
- The Impacts of surgical smoke on the surgical staff
- Peripheral artery bypass
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Bariatric surgery intervention for obese patients
- Role of the clinical nurse coordinator
- Organ failure and transplantation
- Patient care involvement and intervention post-surgery
- Improving safety in operating rooms
- Operating room requirements and set up
- Complexity within the cardiac intensive care unit environment
- Burn nursing through surgical care
- Role of certified registered nurse anaesthetist (CRNA)
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgery
- Lyme diseases
- Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Celiac disease management
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Stem cells therapy in cancer
- Interventional cardiology and surgery
- Surgical interventions for neurogenic shock
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever
- Peptic ulcers disease management
- Angina pectoris management
- Cushing syndrome management
- Management of COPD
- Immunodeficiency disorder
- Dermatitis management
- Diabetic foot care
- Thyroid storm and crisis
- Insulin therapy
- Congenital heart disease
- Raynaud's diseases
- Phlebotomy procedure
- Digitalis therapy
- Post-operative nursing practice in Asccitis
- Pre and post-operative care for general surgery
- Minor and significant surgery: compare and contrast
- Post-operative complications
- An interdisciplinary approach to surgical interventions
- Role of ICU nurse
- Application of thermal heating to prevent intraoperative hypothermia
- Treatment of fire wounds
- Classification and management approaches to burn wounds
- Performing CPR
- Wound healing processes and management
Related: Psychology research paper topics .
Nursing Leadership Capstone Project Ideas
Here is a list of some nursing leadership ideas that can be a great starting point when choosing a creative topic for your nursing leadership capstone project.
Leadership is a great area that many researchers venture into. However, this does not mean that all the knowledge is exhausted.
When selecting the nursing leadership capstone topics, you need to be very keen not to choose a broad topic that will make you dilute the content of your nursing capstone project.
- Importance of charismatic leadership among nurse leaders
- The stress management approach for nurse leaders
- Professional development strategies for nurses
- Importance of ethical practice among nurse leaders
- Impact of nurse leadership on patient outcomes
- Significance of nurse leadership
- What is leadership from a nursing perspective?
- Long term and short-term goals for clinical leaders
- Theories that support nurse leadership
- Importance of nurse leaders in quality improvement projects
- How nurse leaders can initiate and manage change
- The link between nurse leadership and change management
- Nurse leadership: Passion or Duty?
- Role of transformational leadership among nurse managers
- Significance of communication among interprofessional team nurse leaders
- Impacts of nurse engagement and inclusion on patient outcomes
- Organizational strategies nurse leaders can use to motivate the healthcare personnel
- Challenges facing contemporary nurse leaders
- Role of nurse leaders in solving conflicts in clinical settings
- Nurse leaders as patient advocates
- Role of nurse leaders in preventing violence in emergency rooms
- How nurse leaders can address burnout among nurses
- Importance of having a personal leadership philosophy as a nurse leader
- Leadership in the U.S. Health system
- Influential nurse leaders in the political space
- Senators and governors who are nurses in the U.S.
- Role of nurse managers in healthcare
- Nurse leadership qualities and behavior
- Effective nursing leadership styles
- Leadership in nursing education
- Student nurses and leadership
- Top qualities of a great nurse leader
- Management styles in nursing
- Improving nursing leadership skills
- Interview with a nurse leader
- Strategies to Address the Shortage of Respiratory Therapists and Ventilators during Disaster
- Strength and weaknesses of charge nurses
- Role of nurse leaders in shaping public policy
- Leadership characteristics that represent excellence
- Defining leadership in nursing
- Training plan for nurse leaders
- Transactional leadership approach among nurses
- The future of nurse leadership
- How nurse leaders can ensure team leadership for the best collaboration in healthcare teams
- Traits of a great nurse leader
- Comparing and contrasting nurse leadership roles in private and public hospitals.
- Difference between accountability among nurse leaders in developed nations and developing nations
- Nurse leaders as change agents in healthcare settings
- Impact of recognition program on Registered Nurses motivation level
- Pharmaceutical Companies Overpricing Medication: Background and Policy Landscape
- The Roles of Nursing Organizations in Shaping the future of nursing
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Patient falls are an active area that is being continuously addressed by nurses.
As a DNP, MSN, or BSN student, you can easily choose a capstone project topic on patient falls and craft a well-written capstone project that can earn you the best grades.
When looking at the holistic issue of patient falls, there are measurement scales, contributing factors such as dementia, mental and physical health issues, age, or Alzheimer's, which you must take into account.
Different fall prevention and fall management strategies can also be an active area for research when undertaking your nursing capstone project. Here are some ideas:
- Prevention of patient falls through education
- Fall prevention strategies in home settings
- Fall prevention strategies in hospitals
- Potential causes of falls in hospitals
- Defining fall and fall risk patient
- The use of SPICES framework and FAMILY cards to assess old patients
- Nursing interventions to prevent falls
- Evidence-based practice falls intervention strategies in hospital settings.
- The use of video and camera monitoring to prevent falls among elderly patients
- The use of technology in fall prevention
- Hospital-Based Fall Program Measurement and Improvement in High-Reliability Organizations
- Role of hospital leadership in preventing patient falls
- Quality improvement program for reducing falls in medical-surgical units
- Factors contributing to psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
- Creating a safety culture that prevents falls
- Multifactorial fall risk assessment
- Healthcare Managers Role in Fall-Related Injury Prevention in Assisted Living Facilities
- Fall risk among osteoporosis patients
- Multifactorial interventions for the prevention of falls among elderly patients
- Use of exercise in reducing falls among elderly patients
- The Morse fall risk scale and its significance in fall risk assessment and management
- Characteristics of at fall risk patients
- Using engineering controls to prevent falls among patients and the elderly
- Outpatient fall risk assessment tool
- Effects of implementing evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
- Standardized fall risk assessment tool
- Medical staff attitude and knowledge about in-patient falls
- Patient fall rates in the acute care in-patient hospitals
- Patient fall education and patient safety
- Nurse education on patient falls and safety culture
- Strategies to reduce patient injuries from falls
- Fall prevention practices at home
- Environmental assessment and modification as a fall management strategy
- Home modification approach to falls management
- Impacts of the design of healthcare stings/environments on patient fall
- Physical environmental risk factors for elderly falls
- Home safety modifications to reduce fall injuries among geriatric patients
- Home environment assessment for elderly patients
- Safety awareness activities for elderly patients
- Strategies and tools to address patient falls in nursing homes
- Impacts of visiting home nurses on reducing in-patient falls
- Role of pharmacists in addressing patient falls
- An interdisciplinary approach to fall management in clinical settings
- Hourly Rounding and Fall Prevention among the elderly in long term care: A change process.
Women's Health Capstone Project Ideas
The area of women's health is also an active area of research where you can choose a creative nursing capstone idea.
For instance, it integrates breastfeeding nursing capstone ideas, sexual health, the general wellbeing of women, and healthcare access. Here are some suggestions or ideas:
- Preeclampsia among women
- Postpartum depression among women
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Addressing mental health among pregnant women in rural areas
- Smoking and pregnancy
- Infant mortality and preterm birth among African American women
- Teenage pregnancy
- Preventing pregnant women from Zika Virus
- The link between HPV and cervical cancer
- Mammography to detect breast cancers in women
- Gestational diabetes management
- Birth control approach among women
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Breast pumps and breastfeeding
- Using codeine and tramadol products in breastfeeding women
- Nutritional management during pregnancy
- Management of endometriosis
- Emergency contraception/ birth control
- Female genital mutilation and sexual health of women
- Impacts of fibroids on women
- Menopause in women
- Breastfeeding, work, and women of low socio-economic status
- Normal versus cesarean births
- Epidural in induced births
- Pelvic floor issues in women
- Constipation after cesarean surgery
- Urine incontinence in women
- Uterine cancer and fibroids in women
- Postmenstrual syndrome and hormonal changes
- Factors that influence the decision to breastfeed
- Use of supplements when breastfeeding
- Exclusive breastfeeding and immune levels of children
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
- HITECH Legislation and Electronic Medical Records in healthcare
- Data governance in healthcare settings
- Impacts of a healthcare data breach
- Use of Healthcare Information Technology to support evidence-based practice in nursing
- Importance of clinical support decision making systems
- The use of technology to bridge the nurse shortage gaps in rural areas
- Electronic health records in healthcare
- Nurse informatics competencies
- Meaningful use and HIT
- Health Information as a strategic resource in the Australian settings
- The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
- Healthcare management information system
- Collaborative decision making through shared governance in healthcare
- Ethics and data management in healthcare
- The use of big data in healthcare settings
- Robotics in surgery
- The use of electronic health records to offer patient-centered care
- Assisting recovering centers
- Role of nursing informatics in quality improvement
- E-learning as a professional development approach among nurses
- Developing digital literacies for nursing school students
- Barriers to competency development in nursing informatics
- Integrating health informatics to nursing education
- The use of smartphones in inpatient management and education
- The use of simulation for nursing students
- Adoption of transformative technology such as CDSS in clinical settings
- The use of big data in clinical research
- Use of electronic medical records in acute care
- Significance of mHealth apps on mental health care access by rural populations
- Nursing Faculty Perceptions on the Use of Computer-Based Virtual Simulation in an Associate Degree Nursing Program
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Patient Portal Underutilization influence by Ethnically and Low Income
- Reducing associated ventilator infections in hospitalized patients.
- Integration of healthcare systems
- The importance of taking the health history
- A disease common with the aged population
- Strategies to ensure healthy aging
- The use of music therapy to increase expressive language skills with increasing verbalizations or echolalia in limited verbal school-age children with autism spectrum disorder
- Employee-based health insurance
- Relationship between patient care and ability to pay
- Levels of evidence in nursing
- Legal and professional requirements for nursing progress notes
- Does pre-hospital rapid cooling of MDMA overdose improve clinical outcomes?
- Implementing the IOM future of nursing
- Impacts of organizational culture on the implementation of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Affordable care for all Americans- Revisiting the legislations
- Addressing healthcare disparity in the US
- Racial discrimination in healthcare delivery in the US
- Macro trends affecting the US healthcare system
- The attitude of Saudi Arabians toward their healthcare system
- Transforming from student nurse to registered nurse
- Patient advocacy and advanced practice
- The use of chlorhexidine to reduce hospital-acquired infections
- Improving the Process of Preventative Care in HMO Organizations for Better Outcomes
- Impact of leadership on health management
- Examining the Mental Health of Veterans
- Associate Degree Nurses Perceptions on Motivators and Barriers to Return to School for a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing
- Managing Complex Adaptive Healthcare Organisations (using the Theoretical Domain Framework - TDF)
Managed Nursing Care Topic Ideas for Dissertations, Term Papers, and Nursing Essays
- Identify the principal factors that determine what form and structure managed care organizations assume and how these factors influence plan design.
- Recognize the main aspects, features, and characteristics of health plans and how these components have changed over time.
- Forgoing treatment at end of life: Pediatric Euthanasia
- Recognize the range of health plans from the perspective of a continuum that moves through key variables as relative points of comparison from plan to plan.
- Recall the types of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that served as models for other forms of managed care organizations (MCOs) and predicted their future.
- Understand the fundamental principle behind all managed care health plans that balance cost and control.
- Know the general definition of Integrated Delivery Systems that can apply to various forms of IDSs.
- Describe the various types of Medicare Advantage plans both those that are quite popular and those that are less so.
- Identify the requirements managed care organizations must have in order to qualify for offering Medicare Advantage plans.
- Know what are core results managed care organizations, physicians, and health care organizations can expect from the effective operations of disease management
- Learn what connects consumerism, network development, and contract negotiation as major themes in managed care.
- Describe the social and economic factors and conditions that strongly promoted the rise of integrated delivery systems in this country.
- Recall the design and structure of such systems and how they function and operate comparing traditional delivery systems with today's approaches.
- Describe the various types of integrated delivery systems for physicians and hospitals/health systems.
- Learn why member service represents such a strong response to consumerism both in health care delivery and administrative services.
- Explain the scope of services and general operations of customer interactive
- Understand the two factors of geography and competition as they relate to network
- Explain the four major areas of contract negotiation and why each if so critically important to managed care.
- Recognize the close connection these systems have with managed care and how these connections are mutually beneficial.
- Understand the impact the Accountable Care Act will be having on IntegratedDelivery Systems.
- Identify the strategies used by managed care organizations to create effective physician change.
- Understand the principle formula of cost and how that impacts the various areas of quality in health care delivery.
- Share what are the case management guidelines frequently applied by the managed care industry in this quality-driven strategy.
- Recall the origins of disease management and the importance of population health, evidence-based medicine, and managed care alignment in its development.
- Identify the major components of disease management and how they operate using its fundamental definition to form this discussion.
- Describe the four major roles and functions of primary care physicians as understood by managed care organizations.
- Learn what are the three major focuses all utilization management programs have.
- Know the differences between utilization management in the past with what it means today and its current conceptual framework.
- Learn the definition of quality based upon the 2003 definition from the Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.
- Compare the descriptions of quality developed by Donabedian in the 1970s with what today's managed care industry understands it to be.
- Know what represents case management and what are its core goals.
- Identify what is the case management six-step process that is commonly used by managed care organizations.
- Understand the many changes that have happened to the original Medicare program due to legislation and regulation.
- Understand the concept of consumerism and what are the two major rationales for this concept.
- Describe what consumer-directed health plans are and how they relate to the broader category of managed care plans.
- Understand the essential value and need that information technology has for the managed care industry.
- Identify the key areas in which MCOs use information technology to achieve their major goals and strategies. Identify what are the drivers for both.
- Recall how managed care companies create their primary care networks and what represents key strategies in that development.
- Identify the core functions of physician credentialing, contracting, and network
- Explain what are the core content areas and strategies MCOs use for network
- Understand both the barriers and challenges faced by Medicaid as it tries to achieve its goal of covering uninsured Americans.
- Explain what Medicaid waivers are and what are the four most common types of waivers today.
- Describe the five areas that represent the most important arenas for applying information technology in managed care organizations.
- Identify the four initiatives common for information technology related to managed care organizations.
- Describe what is the foundational information technology system and why it is so central to the operations of MCOs.
- Explain the purpose and function of benefits configuration and employer group and member enrollment.
- Share what are the social norms operating with physicians and how best to change these norms to improve physician behavior.
- Describe what are the major barriers to changing physician behavior.
- Explain the purpose and function of premium management, provider enrollment contracting-credentialing, and claims payment.
- Explain the purpose and function of electronic data exchange, document imaging and workflow, and customer services.
- Explain the purpose and function of medical management and data warehousing.
- Share what connects Medicare, Medicaid, and employers together as it related to managed care.
- Describe what are similar agenda items for these three purchasers and what are differences they have regarding their agendas with managed care.
- Explain what has been happening to Medicare over the past 10 years that has significantly impacted it.
- Learn the ten significant characteristics of disease management programs.
- Describe the major benefits of disease management in a managed care environment for providers, insurance plans, and for the patients themselves.
- Share the major challenges facing disease management programs, as well as what are the incentives to promote DM.
- Describe what is the business plan component for disease management
- Identify what makes effective Medicaid plans citing the nine characteristics that are needed to do this.
- Describe how managed care organizations address the needs of employers in terms of grouping them.
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you are interested in emergency nursing, here are some critical topics and research project ideas you can use in your emergency nursing capstone project.
- Trauma-informed care for people presenting to the ED with mental issues
- Impacts of educating ED nurses about trauma-informed care for people presenting with mental health issues
- How to prevent overcrowding in the emergency departments
- Impacts of overcrowding in the hospital emergency departments
- Healthcare quality in the ED of hospitals
- Factors affecting patient flow in the ED
- Use of mobile applications to improve emergency response procedures
- How to reduce the emergency department stays for patients
- Emergency departments as the primary points of entry into healthcare
- Role of Emergency Departments in the care continuum management
- Addressing COVID-19 in the emergency departments during the pandemic
- Reorganizing Emergency Departments to address disasters and pandemics
- Trends in Emergency Department Visits and Hospital admissions during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Responsibilities of an Emergency room Nurse
- Patient classification systems in the Emergency Department settings
- Role of Emergency Nurses in Emergency Preparedness
- Role of emergency nurses in the management of chemotherapy-related complications
- Medication knowledge and willingness to nurse-initiate medications in an emergency department
- Addressing the Nurse Shortage to Improve the Quality of Patient Care in Emergency Departments
- Factors leading to the length of stay and boarding inpatients
- Infection control in the emergency departments
- Education to improve staff competence in the ED
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and open communication among ED nurses
- Incentive programs for the ED nurses
- Ergonomics and facility design of Eds
- Implementation of technology to improve patient care in ED
- Nursing Workforce Issues and Trends Affecting Emergency Departments
- Assessment and risk classification protocol for patients in emergency units
- Attitudes of emergency nurses in caring for older patients at an emergency department
- Use of Pediatric Telemedicine in the Emergency Departments
- Pediatric medication safety in the Emergency departments
- Use of MRI and CT in Paediatric emergency departments
- The efficacy of enema solutions in Paediatric Emergency Departments
- How student nurses view the emergency departments
- Utilizing six sigma in the emergency departments
- Lean thinking in the emergency departments
- Assessment tools for nursing workload in the emergency departments
- Violence in the Emergency Departments
- Role of ED nurses in patient advocacy and policy formulation
- Factors leading to frequent use of Emergency departments
- Incidence and Prevalence of burnout among emergency nurses
- Role of freestanding emergency departments in healthcare
- Do freestanding emergency departments alleviate congestion in hospital-based Eds?
- Freestanding Emergency departments and Medicare Costs
- Barriers to implementation of Telemedicine in Rural Emergency Departments
- Rehospitalization rates between rural and urban Emergency Departments
- Use of tele-emergency to reduce transfers on rural emergency departments
- Barriers to point-of-care ultrasound scans in rural Emergency Departments
- Impacts of decreased nursing staffing in Emergency Departments on throughput metrics
- Impacts of Point-of-care testing in the overcrowded emergency department
- Safe staffing for nursing in emergency departments
- Effects of mandated nurse-patient ratios on patient wait time and care time in the emergency department
- Hospital Strategies for Reducing Emergency Department Crowding
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Nurses are the most important cog in the wheel of healthcare. If you are passionate about administrative or human resources management in nursing, you can select these nurse burnout topic ideas for your capstone. Whether you are writing an MSN, BSN, or DNP capstone project, these topics are suitable. Remember to select an idea that interests you, one which can lead to your specialization.
- Causes and consequences of pediatric nurse burnout
- Predictors of nursing burnout in ED
- Occupational, psychological, and physical impacts of nursing burnout
- Prevalence of burnout among psychiatric nurses
- Burnout and the attrition rate among nurses
- Burnout syndrome in psychiatric oncology nurses
- Burnout in the Gastroenterology unit nurses
- Impacts of increasing patients on burnout among critical care nurses
- Burnout among the NICU nurses
- Work and Health Correlates of Sleep Quantity and Quality Among Correctional Nurses
- What is the effect of a stress-reduction intervention on correctional nurses work-related quality of life
- Burn out syndrome among medical interns
- Coping strategies for nurses experiencing burnout
- The link between workload and burnout among nurses
- Burnout Syndrome in Paediatric Nurses
- Prevalence of burnout, depression, anxiety, and stress in Australian midwives
- The Impact of Personal Religious and Spiritual Beliefs on the Mental Well-Being and Burnout of nurses
- Nursing burnout and quality of care
- Impacts of 1x1 meetings on nurse burnout
- The link between nurse burnout and patient satisfaction
- Strategies to prevent burnout syndrome among nurses
- How to assess burnout among nurses
- Can AI be used to assess burnout among nurses?
- Role of job shadowing and rotation in solving burnout among nurses
- Yoga as a self-care approach and strategy to prevent burnout
- Snack and Relax a strategy to address nurses' professional quality of life
- Effect of communication skills training on the burnout of nurses
- A brief mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for nurses and nurse aides
- Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral interventions in reducing occupational stress among nurses
- Impacts of nurse leader mindfulness meditation program in stress management
- Effects of the professional identity development program on the professional identity, job satisfaction, and burnout levels of nurses
- Impact of a meaning-centered intervention on job satisfaction and quality of life among palliative care nurses.
- Development and application of an overcoming compassion fatigue program for emergency nurses
- Impacts of support groups and coping to reduce nurse burnout
- Mindfulness training and burnout prevention among oncology nurses
- Passage meditation reduces perceived stress in nurses
- Explore Role of the Nursing Manager During a shortage of Nursing Staff in Elderly care home
- Exploring the role of Nurses antimicrobial stewardship programme in reducing antibiotics misuse and antimicrobial resistance
An academic rite of passage: Capstone research projects
As a last step before graduation, students in the Web and Mobile Computing and Hospitality and Tourism Management programs go through a well-known academic rite of passage - a final "Capstone" research project that builds on all the knowledge and skills
Real-world IT solutions for international clients
Graduating seniors in RIT Croatia’s Web and Mobile Computing program complete Senior Development Project, a two-semester capstone course taught by Dr. Martin Žagar that challenges students to create real-world IT solutions for international clients. This year, eight student teams from both Dubrovnik and Zagreb campuses created innovative IT solutions or prototypes for companies including renowned Croatian automaker Rimac, Plavi Tim, the IT branch of INA/MOL, and Async Labs, a digital agency, and two US sponsors.
The interdisciplinary projects, which include both theoretical classes and hands-on development, are ideal preparation for a career, explained professor Žagar.
“Students receive a proposal from the client, but that is all the instruction they get,” he said. “It is up to them to meet with the client, collect the needed data from them, develop a timeline, create a budget, and communicate with the client. They need to initiate every step.”
“Communicating with the client is a challenge for some IT students. They are dealing with people, and out of their comfort zone,” he said with a smile.
To create their product, students can choose from among all the different technologies they have learned and studied during their education, but they need to make decisions on their own, as a team, through consensus. In addition, they have to choose a team leader, and assign different roles to each member.
The Rimac team worked on a web solution, mobile app and smart watch app for the company’s hypercar, which will allow the driver to visualize the driving performance through graphs and charts that show top speed, acceleration, temperature and more.
For an American client, the Yorkshire Inn bed and breakfast in Phelps, NY, USA, students created a system to integrate their bookings from multiple sites including Expedia to prevent double bookings.
The INA Plavi Tim project involves creating an inventory management website and mobile application for the entire group of 10.000 employees which allows them to track each tangible asset. The most complex project of all, for Async Labs, involves blockchain solutions for Nonfungible Tokens (NFT) which allows users to buy and sell pixels, as part of a digital image.
“I am very excited about being in the role of the project manager,” said student Aleksa Doda , who worked on creating a website for Aardvark Games, an American board game company, which is organizing an online tournament to promote its new games. “It is helping me to practice and understand some of the principles I could not learn in books. It is helping me to know exactly which career path to follow in the future.” Her colleague, Josip Petar Lozančić , agreed.
“I feel proud of my team and the way we have worked together on the project so far. The most exciting part of the entire project is that we are creating a real product which people are going to be using. We have had many projects throughout the course of our education, but none as important as this one. I think that being able to show future employers something that is out in the world and working will help us immensely with getting started in the job market.”
Hospitality and Tourism Innovation
In the Hospitality and Tourism Management program, graduating students investigate real world issues and problems in the industry, collecting scientific data, and proposing solutions that improve real products and services in the Hospitality Project Planning and Development course.
In this individual, semester-long research project, students begin with a scholarly literature review, reading and studying experts in the field. Then each student collects original data, by conducting surveys or experiments, live observations, or online data analysis. In the end, students offer solutions to current problems, and suggestions for improvements that could benefit local businesses, or even help these students start businesses of their own.
Ora Ivanisević investigated the changing dynamics of luxury hotel concierge services. “Right now, robot or AI concierge services are very trendy,” she said. “But my research points out the importance of the human touch, and the fact that luxury travelers actually want personal contact.”
Vana Mandrapa explored the sustainable fashion movement, an alternative to mass-produced “fast fashion” which harms the environment as well as workers. “Sustainable fashion, or slow fashion, means buying fewer, higher quality items, and keeping them for a longer time,” she explained.
Based on her interest in the tradition of hospitality in Islamic culture, Ajla Karamanaga studied the impact of Fifa 2022 World Cup on the destination image of Qatar, while Alina Sabatin researched the future of tourism in her home country, Ukraine.
“Obviously, the war has devastated the tourism industry in Ukraine, but my country is not the only tourist destination to suffer from disaster. Just look at the way Dubrovnik recovered from the Homeland War. This kind of recovery is known as “phoenix” tourism, and I will interview Ukrainian hospitality professionals to make suggestions for a brighter future when the war ends.” Andrea Pesić i nvestigated attitudes towards the use of push notifications in the job searching process.
“Technology acceptance has become such an interesting topic in the HR world. Many traditional communication tools for job searching have become outdated or inefficient. With the introduction of push notifications and push messages which are perceived as reminders, applicants will be able to find a job much faster. The research that I have conducted has widened my horizons even more. Hopefully, this is my future job.”
At the end of the course, students present their findings in a formal research paper as well as an educational 15-minute presentation, which is open to all RIT Croatia students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends and family members. “The final presentations always make me proud,” said course instructor Rebecca Charry Roje . “It’s wonderful to see our students up there in front of an audience, speaking confidently, with knowledge and insight into their topics, and presenting their work in creative ways that help the audience better understand the world we are living in.”
May 25, 2023
BEE Club Explores Istria
May 24, 2023
Making new friends
May 11, 2023
RIT Croatia announces the winners of this year’s Hospitality Star Search scholarship contest
The project will make use of one of the latest mobile application development tools, Hybrid mobile app development tools that enable the support of various platforms using technologies applied to web development. The application will also use already existing APIs and systems to achieve the goal of the project. ECONOMIC:
The capstone project entitled "Rescue Alert: Emergency Notification App" is a mobile application that can be used in emergency situations. The application is intended to function in case of emergencies like fire, medical emergencies, accidents and emergencies caused by natural disasters. The application is design to send emergency ...
The capstone process is an opportunity for students to develop and implement an emergency management solution and explore potential networking and employment partnerships. Students work together in small teams and begin the experience in the autumn quarter. Students review their project and develop a plan for implementation, meet with project ...
It serves as a great help for everyone in case of emergency. There are several applications intended for emergency response which allow people to ask for assistance during an emergency. Having said that, mobile applications that could be used during crisis would be very beneficial and efficient to the community (Romano et al., 2016).
First Aid Mobile Application; The capstone project, "First Aid Mobile Application" allows users to provide first aid during an emergency. The mobile application will provide the step-by-step process of doing the first aid for the specific injury or illness. By definition, first aid is immediate medical attention or treatment for anyone who ...
AIDPACK: A MOBILE-BASED APPLICATION FOR EMERGENCY HOTLINES AND FIRST-AID AWARENESS A Capstone Project Proposal Presented to the Faculty of the Information and Communications Technology Program STI College Balagtas In Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for the Degree Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Christopher Jan C. Adonis Jastine Errol P. Arcilla Jay-ar DV.
The capstone project can describe techniques that could give individuals the ability to safely move through a building that contains smoke and traverse an area that has several feet of murky water. Some detailed guides also help responders to rapidly test the strength of a damaged structure's floor. When completing the project and performing ...
Capstone Project Proposal: Emergency Preparedness for Individuals with Special Needs, ... download a mobile emerge nc y app created by the three institutions. The CDC has a section ... related to the first, is to provide enough resources. Having to turn away people from shelters .
This application is used to report an emergency to the authorities in the most easiest and convenient way created for Davao City yet. Recorded by DU Recorder...
management capstone course, a research and teaching hospital, and a mobile application development course. The capstone project was structured as a student team competition to create the best mobile wayfinding application for patients and employees of Massachusetts General Hospital's clinic and labs.
Don't forget to click the subscribe and bell to keep notified for more video tutorial.Related Videos:230 Capstone Titles and Ideas for Computer & Electronic ...
In Paper  authors this Capstone project entitled, Athena: A Mobile Based Application for Women's Safety with GPS Tracking and Police Notification for Rizal Province, is intended to provide help ...
3. Don't be overly ambitious. Consider your capstone project's feasibility in terms of time you need to get it done, the cost of the project, and the help you will need from others to complete the project. 4. Choose a range of ideas. After coming up with about four-five capstone project ideas, you can then consult with your capstone project ...
Related: Psychology research paper topics. ... here are some critical topics and research project ideas you can use in your emergency nursing capstone project. ... Use of mobile applications to improve emergency response procedures; How to reduce the emergency department stays for patients;
In this individual, semester-long research project, students begin with a scholarly literature review, reading and studying experts in the field. Then each student collects original data, by conducting surveys or experiments, live observations, or online data analysis. In the end, students offer solutions to current problems, and suggestions ...