Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies Quiz Answers
Table of contents, all weeks cybersecurity capstone: breach response case studies quiz answers, cybersecurity capstone: breach response case studies week 01 quiz answers, incident management knowledge check ( practice quiz ).
Q2. Which incident response team model would best fit the needs of a small company that runs its business out of a single office building or campus?
Q4. Assuring systems, networks, and applications are sufficiently secure to resist an attack is part of which phase of the incident response lifecycle?
Cyberattack Frameworks Knowledge Check ( Practice Quiz )
Q2. According to the IRIS Framework, during which stage of an attack would the attacker escalate evasion tactics to evade detection?
Quiz 02 – Incident Management Response and Cyberattack Frameworks Graded Assessment ( Main Quiz )
Q2. Which incident response team model would best fit the needs of a the field offices of a large distributed organizations ?
Q5. Identifying incident precursors and indicators is part of which phase of the incident response lifecycle ?
Q9. According to the IRIS framework, during the first stage of an attack, when the bad actors are conducting external reconnaissance and aligning their tactics, techniques and procedures, what should the IR team be doing as a countermeasure ?
Q10. According to the IRIS framework, during the fourth phase of an attack, the attackers will attempt to evade detection. What should the IR team be doing as a countermeasure?
Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies Week 02 Quiz Answers
Phishing scams graded assessment.
Q4. Which feature of this email is a red flag, indicating that it may be a phishing attack and not a legitimate account warning from PayPal?
Q5. Which three (3) of these statistics about phishing attacks are real? (Select 3)
Q6. Which is the most common type of identity theft?
Quiz 02 – Point of Sale Breach Graded Assessment
Q6. Which scenario best describes how a stolen credit card number is used to enrich the thief ?
Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies Week 03 Quiz Answers
Third-party breach graded assessment.
Q1. True or False. According to a 2018 Ponemon study, organizations surveyed cited “A third-party misused or shared confidential information…” as their top cyber security concern for the coming year.
Quiz 02 – Ransomware Graded Assessment
Q1. You get a pop-up message on your screen telling you have been locked out of your computer and that access will remain blocked until you pay a fee to have your access restored. What type of ransomware has attacked your system ?
Q6. You log into your bank and see an offer for a 0% interest rate loan. You click on the link to check out the details and suddenly your computer is locked and there is a message demanding payment in order to unlock it. Your bank’s website was hacked! What attack vector was being used to install ransomware on your system ?
Cyber Threat Intelligence
All Course Quiz Answers of IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
Related posts, ibm cybersecurity analyst assessment coursera quiz answers, network security & database vulnerabilities coursera quiz answers, cybersecurity compliance framework & system administration quiz answers, leave a reply cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Online Degree Explore Bachelor’s & Master’s degrees
- MasterTrack™ Earn credit towards a Master’s degree
- University Certificates Advance your career with graduate-level learning
- Top Courses
- Join for Free
Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies
- Filled Star Filled Star Filled Star Filled Star Filled Star 4.8 stars 1,168 ratings
- Thumbs Up 92%
About this Course
This course gives you the background needed to gain Cybersecurity skills as part of the Cybersecurity Security Analyst Professional Certificate program.
You will explore incident response methodologies and security models. You will learn to recognize and categorize key types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks against today's organizations. You will explore in depth several past and recent breaches to learn how they were detected and what was done or could have been done to reduce the threat risk to the organization. Finally, you will explore the costs of data breaches through research studies and well known breaches. This course requires you to select and research a cybersecurity breach in the news today and apply your knowledge and skills from this course and previous cybersecurity courses to analyze the type of attack, attack timeline, vulnerable systems, and any missed opportunities. This project will be graded by your peers in the course. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the seventh and final course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/cybersecurity-breach-case-studies . In this course, you will learn to: ● Apply incident response methodologies. ● Research and describe a watering hole attack. ● Research and describe ransomware threats and the consequences to organization. ● Research and describe 3rd party breaches and how they affect an organization. ● Research and describe the effects of a phishing attack. ● Research and describe a point of sale attack and approximate cost of data breaches. ● Perform a case study on a current cyber attack and breach.
Could your company benefit from training employees on in-demand skills?
Skills you will gain
- security analyst
- cyber attack
- Computer Security Incident Management
- Breach (Security Exploit)
IBM Security Learning Services
IBM is the global leader in business transformation through an open hybrid cloud platform and AI, serving clients in more than 170 countries around the world. Today 47 of the Fortune 50 Companies rely on the IBM Cloud to run their business, and IBM Watson enterprise AI is hard at work in more than 30,000 engagements. IBM is also one of the world’s most vital corporate research organizations, with 28 consecutive years of patent leadership. Above all, guided by principles for trust and transparency and support for a more inclusive society, IBM is committed to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For more information about IBM visit: www.ibm.com
See how employees at top companies are mastering in-demand skills
Syllabus - What you will learn from this course
Incident management response and cyberattack frameworks.
In this module, you will review Incident Management Response and explore one of the frameworks for Cyberattack in detail.
In this module, you will learn about phishing scams in detail and explore a case study of a phishing attack on two corporations.
Point of Sale Breach
In this module, you will learn about Point of Sale breaches and the impacts to an organization through case studies.
3rd Party Breach
In this module, you will learn about 3rd Party breaches and the impacts to an organization through case studies.
In this module, you will learn about Ransomware breaches and the impacts to an organization through case studies.
Apply Your Skill - Data Breaches
In this module, you will learn to apply your skill to recognize data breaches, vulnerabilities and costs for a specific company.
- 5 stars 83.47%
- 4 stars 13.79%
- 3 stars 1.53%
- 2 stars 0.51%
- 1 star 0.68%
TOP REVIEWS FROM CYBERSECURITY CAPSTONE: BREACH RESPONSE CASE STUDIES
Thank you Badge................... More power IBM ill focus on cloud IBM GOOGLE MICROSFT META
The best part of the course is the investigative work though it is an online web research in articles it is done with the vision of the knoweldge acquire through the different courses
I loved the junior cybersecurity analyst certificate offered by IBM and it is a previliege to collect the IBM badge.
Good exercise to use skills and information obtained through this course to do a real world data breach review.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I have access to the lectures and assignments?
Access to lectures and assignments depends on your type of enrollment. If you take a course in audit mode, you will be able to see most course materials for free. To access graded assignments and to earn a Certificate, you will need to purchase the Certificate experience, during or after your audit. If you don't see the audit option:
The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
The course may offer 'Full Course, No Certificate' instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. This also means that you will not be able to purchase a Certificate experience.
What will I get if I subscribe to this Certificate?
When you enroll in the course, you get access to all of the courses in the Certificate, and you earn a certificate when you complete the work. Your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page - from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile. If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free.
What is the refund policy?
If you subscribed, you get a 7-day free trial during which you can cancel at no penalty. After that, we don’t give refunds, but you can cancel your subscription at any time. See our full refund policy .
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center .
Build employee skills, drive business results
Learn something new.
- Learn a Language
- Learn Accounting
- Learn Coding
- Learn Copywriting
- Learn Public Relations
- Boulder MS Data Science
- Illinois iMBA
- Illinois MS Computer Science
- UMich MS in Applied Data Science
Popular Data Science Courses
- AWS Cloud A Practitioner's Guide
- Basics of Computer Programming with Python
- Beginners Python Programming in IT
- Developing Professional High Fidelity Designs and Prototypes
- Get Google CBRS-CPI Certified
- Introduction to MATLAB Programming
- Learn HTML and CSS for Building Modern Web Pages
- Learn the Basics of Agile with Atlassian JIRA
- Managing IT Infrastructure Services
- Mastering the Fundamentals of IT Support
Popular Computer Science & IT Courses
- Building a Modern Computer System from the Ground Up
- Getting Started with Google Cloud Fundamentals
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Introduction to Programming and Web Development
- Introduction to UX Design
- Utilizing SLOs & SLIs to Measure Site Reliability
Popular Business Courses
- Building an Agile and Value-Driven Product Backlog
- Foundations of Financial Markets & Behavioral Finance
- Getting Started with Construction Project Management
- Getting Started With Google Sheets
- Introduction to AI for Non-Technical People
- Learn the Basics of SEO and Improve Your Website's Rankings
- Mastering Business Writing
- Mastering the Art of Effective Public Speaking
- Social Media Content Creation & Management
- Understanding Financial Statements & Disclosures
- What We Offer
- Coursera Plus
- Professional Certificates
- MasterTrack® Certificates
- For Enterprise
- For Government
- Become a Partner
- Coronavirus Response
- Free Courses
- All Courses
- Beta Testers
- Teaching Center
- Modern Slavery Statement
Find the best courses for your career from 20K+ courses having 15K+ verified reviews and offered by 700+ course providers & universities
A spotlight on uOttawa's bullying problem
Coursera Cyber Security in Manufacturing – quiz answers
Coursera Cyber Security in Manufacturing course – quiz answers to all weekly questions (weeks 1-4):
- Week1: Introduction to Digital Manufacturing Security
- Week 2: Guidance on Securing Digital Manufacturing Operations
- Week 3: Protecting Operational Technologies and Intellectual Property
- Week 4: Breach Response
You may also be interested in Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 1: Foundations – Cliffs Notes .
Week 1: Introduction to Digital Manufacturing Security quiz answers
The purpose of this module is to introduce you to the information security need, framework and processes, as it applies to creating a strong and secure Digital Manufacturing and Design infrastructure.
1. True or False?
According to the 2017 Data Breach Investigation Report of Verizon, all data breaches were due to external attacks.
2. _______________ means that the system can be modified only by authorized parties and only in authorized ways.
3. Which of the following is not a step of Information Security Management System (ISMS) framework?
- Risk Management
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Creation
- Selection of appropriate controls
4. True or False?
The third line of defense in three line defense model performs operations such as internal and external audit.
5. True or False?
Using encryption on a network for communication can prevent eavesdropping of data package.
6. True or False?
Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) is an organized strategy to managing information in a secure manner.
7. _______________ states that a system should not grant permission based on a single condition.
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Separation of privilege
- Technical assistance
Week 2: Guidance on Securing Digital Manufacturing Operations quiz answers
The purpose of this module is to introduced you to the various components of the digital manufacturing operation and the basic security concepts that can be used to protect these components.
1. Which of the following is a type of virtualization? (Select all that apply)
- Network virtualization
- Desktop virtualization
- Application virtualization
2. _____________ is the ability of people, machines and devices to communicate via a single platform or a network.
What do you think?
3. _________ is “a discipline concerned with the design, evaluation and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use and with the study of major phenomena surrounding them.
Human Machine Interaction
Human Machine interaction is the study of interactive interface between humans and machine.
By using Internet Of Things (IOT), devices and machines can be monitored but cannot be controlled
In requirements phase, minimum acceptable levels of security should be defined.
7. In _________ phase of Security Development LifeCycle (SDLC), all project functions are analyzed.
8. In ____________ threats are intentionally designed to harm a system.
9. True or False?
Encapsulation means while developing a software, different functionalities are developed in the form of separate modules, instead of writing complete software as a single file.
10. Which of the following functions are offered by Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension?
- Signed data
- Pretty good privacy
- Identification step
- Verification step
Week 3: Protecting Operational Technologies and Intellectual Property quiz answers
The purpose of this module is to describe how the various operational steps of digital manufacturing – that includes – supply chain, shipping process, mobile device usage and the associated communication – can be protected, along with the Intellectual Property (IP) items that arise during digital manufacturing and design.
1. Arrange the following options in order of security program for a SCADA system:
A. Perform risk and vulnerability assessment
B. Define responsibilities
C. Define objectives
D. Define mitigation controls
2. True or False?
If a USB was plugged into a Stuxnet worm-affected system, the worm would infiltrate the USB device and spread to any subsequent computing systems that the USB was plugged into.
3. Which of the following is an entity of supply chain?
- Supplier, Retailer and Manufacturer
Supply chain security provides security against security threats including terrorism
5. Which one item provides the most security concern in mobile security device usage?
- Connecting to a trusted website
- Downloading from safe platforms
- Strong authentication practices
Service set identifier is a hardware device which helps connect local mobile or wired devices to a wireless network.
7. True or False?
Weak authentication is a security concern for cloud computing on providers end.
8. _________________ is a type of Internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources such as CPU, memory, disk space or software to remotely based computer systems.
Watermarking allows sharing of files or data over the internet such that it can be accessed only by legitimate users with valid encryption-decryption keys.
10. _________ attack refers to security breaches by an authorized personnel.
Week 4: Breach Response quiz answers
The purpose of this module is to teach you how to respond to security breaches when they happen. We will start with the threat landscape and system failures and investigate the interplay between security and reliability, which are essential for building dependable systems. The mechanism of continuous monitoring to detect security breaches, and strategies for forensics, breach response, and recovery will also be described.
1. A _________ is a potential or actual undesirable event that may be malicious or accidental.
Threat model can not be implemented into an existing security system.
3. ___________ is the ability of a system or component to perform its required functions under stated conditions for a specified period of time.
Reliability deals with the internal functioning or updates of a system, while security deals with system threats and vulnerabilities.
5. Which of the following level activities of an organization’s system is targeted by Data Leaks Prevention (DLP)? (Select all that apply).
- Client Level
- Network Level
- Storage Level
At present, there are no open source tools for Data Leaks Prevention.
7. Which of the following is a type of intruder?
- Clandestine user
- Masqueraders, Clandestine users, and Misfeasors are all examples of types of intruders
8. True or False?
Nowadays, systems which are 100% secure are available in market.
9. Which of the following is the correct order of steps of breach recovery? Containment of the attack Follow up of the attack Monitoring for an attack Identification of the attack Recovery from the attack Eradicate impact of attack
- 1 → 2→ 3 → 4 → 5 → 6
- 6 → 5 → 4 → 3 → 2 → 1
- 3 → 4 → 1 → 6 → 5 → 2
- 2 → 1 → 6 → 4 → 4 → 5
10. ________________ is a procedure to collect information and digital evidences about any cyber crime so as to present them to law enforcement agencies.
Answer: Cyber forensics
Basic Statistics Mini-Course
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 1: Foundations – Cliffs Notes
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 2: Ask Questions – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 3: Prepare Data – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 4: Process Data – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 5: Analyze Data – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 6: Share Data – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 7: Data Analysis with R – quiz answers
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 8: Capstone – quiz answers
IT career paths – everything you need to know
Back to DTI Courses
1st Annual University of Ottawa Supervisor Bullying ESG Business Risk Assessment Briefing
Disgraced uOttawa President Jacques Frémont ignores bullying problem
How to end supervisor bullying at uOttawa
PhD in DTI uOttawa program review
Rocci Luppicini – Supervisor bullying at uOttawa case updates
The case for policy reform: Tyranny
The trouble with uOttawa Prof. A. Vellino
The ugly truth about uOttawa Prof. Liam Peyton
uOttawa engineering supervisor bullying scandal
uOttawa President Jacques Frémont ignores university bullying problem
uOttawa Prof. Liam Peyton denies academic support to postdoc
Updated uOttawa policies and regulations: A power grab
What you must know about uOttawa Prof. Rocci Luppicini
Why a PhD from uOttawa may not be worth the paper it’s printed on
Why uOttawa Prof. Andre Vellino refused academic support to postdoc
1700 Coursera Courses Still Fully Free!
Coursera’s New Deal with Google Could Cost the Company Millions
According to Coursera CFO, the new terms represent a significant “shift”. Let’s dig into the numbers.
- Que Hacer en Momentos de Crisis, Situaciones Altamente Estresantes, y Emergencias
- What to do in Moments of Crisis, Highly Stressful Situations, and Emergencies
- 10 Best Data Science Courses to Take in 2023
- 10 Best User Experience (UX) Courses to Take in 2023
- Learning with MOOCs 2023: Abstracts Due April 3rd
700+ Free Google Certifications
Information Technology (IT) Certifications
Mining Massive Datasets
Information Systems Auditing, Controls and Assurance
Organize and share your learning with Class Central Lists.
View our Lists Showcase
Class Central is learner-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cybersecurity Capstone Project
University of Maryland, College Park via Coursera Help
Class Central Tips
- Learn How to Sign up to Coursera courses for free
- 1700 Coursera Courses That Are Still Completely Free
- WEEK 1: CAPSTONE OVERVIEW AND SETUP
- Participate in the Build-it, Break-it, Fix-it contest to test your skills at building secure software, and breaking software vulnerable to attack.
- WEEK 2-3: DEVELOPMENT OF PROJECT SYSTEM
- Group Project Work
- WEEK 4-5: EVALUATION OF OTHER TEAM'S SYSTEMS
- Week 6: Evaluation Feedback
- united states
Cybersecurity, introduction to cybersecurity, software security, introduction to cybersecurity for business, the business of cybersecurity capstone, related articles.
4.2 rating at Coursera based on 136 ratings
Start your review of Cybersecurity Capstone Project
Never Stop Learning.
Get personalized course recommendations, track subjects and courses with reminders, and more.
Get Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies Quiz Answers, this course is a part of IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate.
Cybersecurity Capstone Project | Cybersecurity Specialization | Coursera ... 408 views 4 months ago Cybersecurity Specialization Answers.
Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies, Week (1-4) All Quiz Answers With ... audit this course free on coursera but i...
Coursera IBM Cybersecurity | Capstone Breach Response Case Studies | All ... Course Link to ... 3.8K views 2 years ago Coursera Quiz Answers.
Solution for [Coursera Cybersecurity Capstone Project](https://www.coursera.org/learn/cyber-security-capstone) - GitHub
Coursera/IBM-Cybersecurity-Analyst-Professional-Certificate/Cybersecurity Capstone Breach Response Case Studies/Peer-graded Assignment/Applied Project -
In this course, you will learn to: ○ Apply incident response methodologies. ... Research and describe a watering hole attack. ... Research and describe ransomware
Learn Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies course/program online & get a certificate on course completion from Coursera.
Coursera Cyber Security in Manufacturing course quiz answers to all weekly questions (weeks 1-4) - Digital Manufacturing Security, Guidance on Securing ...
This course presents an intensive experience during which students build a software system they intend to be secure, and then attempt to show that other