99+ Best Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Students
June 13, 2022 Blog Steve Kim
Is it time to start working on your nursing capstone project? If your answer is yes, it means you’ve arrived at an exciting point in your life. It’s time to finish your nursing studies and start your career. These papers show what you’ve learned in school and allow you to apply that knowledge. However, selecting the best topic for your assignment is difficult. If you are unable to select a good topic for your capstone project visit Nursing papers market for expert help.
This guide can help you find inspiration by presenting 100 capstone project ideas in various categories.
When you are preparing for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project, you may become overwhelmed by the number of ideas that come to mind. You may end up selecting a capstone project idea that is imperceptible and lacks online content. Maybe you’ll settle for a broad topic, or perhaps you’re just out of capstone ideas in nursing; either way, grab some coffee, find a comfortable position, and drink from this well of wisdom.
With 100 nursing capstone project ideas, you’re bound to find one that appeals to you. Don’t give up just yet; our professional nurse writers can also assist you in creating the capstone project outline.
Our expert nursing capstone paper writers have always dealt with a wide range of specialties and topics. We can help you with graduate nursing capstone project ideas (MSN and DNP level).
Unlike a list of capstone project ideas, you might find online, we have categorized these ideas to refine them further and make it easier for you to choose one based on your specialty.
Definition of a Nursing Capstone Project
Nursing students will enroll in a course or program that will prepare them for their future careers. However, to obtain a BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) or an MSN, they must complete a capstone project on aspects of medical care near the end of their studies (Master of Science in Nursing). This paper is very similar to academic assignments at other universities and colleges.
Your capstone project topic will necessitate independent research and the presentation of a detailed analysis of the problem. The paper can be between 25 and 100 pages long to provide a comprehensive answer to the proposed topic.
Here are the reasons why tutors insist on working on this paper:
- You are demonstrating your knowledge. The most important advantage of working on these project ideas is the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding.
- Improving professional development Identifying and working on the right ideas will help you improve your knowledge.
- You might develop a keen interest in a particular subject. During your career, you may discover the field you want to specialize in.
- You’re learning more about the neighborhood and its problems. You’ll gain a better understanding of the community and may contribute to the development of strategies to improve it.
A good capstone project should include research ethics, statistics, program theory, and leadership, and a capstone research proposal should always precede it.
If you are ready to get started on your project, look to the ideas below for inspiration!
Latest Pediatric Nursing Capstone Project Topics
1) Children’s Sleep Apnea
2) Managing Service Quality and Cost in Private Pediatric Healthcare Facilities
3) Comparing the UK and US Pediatric Care Approaches
4) Recognizing Sexually Abused Children
5) Coping with a Child Suffering from a Terminal Illness
6) How the Loss of a Child Patient Affects Hospital Staff
7) Can Divorce Make Pre-Existing Conditions Worse in Children?
8) How to Increase Access to Pediatric Care for Children from Underserved Communities
9) Child Abuse Victims and Medical Concerns
10) Measles in Children and Complications to Consider
11) Preventing Meningitis in Children
12) Recognizing and Treating Movement Disorders in Children
13) Meditation and Other Autism-Related Techniques
14) Kidney Stone Prevention in Children
15) Improving Healthcare Services for Children with Cancer
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
1) Hospital Emergency Department Crowding Reduction Strategies
2) Freestanding Emergency Department Costs and Benefits
3) Tele-Potential Emergency in Rural Areas
4) Statistics on the Impact of Nurse Shortage on Emergency Departments
5) Emergency Nurses and Burnout: How Common Is It and How Can It Be Avoided?
6) Managing Violence in Emergency Departments
7) Pediatric Medication Safety in Emergency Departments
8) How Emergency Department Design Affects Service Quality
9) Managing Infections in the Emergency Room
10) Incentive Programs for Emergency Department Nurses
11) Shortening the Time Patients Spend in the Emergency Department
12) Healthcare Quality in Emergency Departments
13) Treating Mental Health Patients in Emergency Departments
14) Nasal Administration of Medicines in Emergency Departments
15) Preparing ED Staff for Terrorist Attacks and Other Extreme Situations
Latest Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
Every day, we see various types of surgeries performed all over the world. This category is vast, and the following are a few examples:
1) A Comprehensive Overview of Wound Treatment and Management
2) Nurse Participation in Post-Surgery Patient Care
3) Anesthetists and Fatigue
4) How to Make Gastrointestinal Surgery as Minimally Invasive as Possible
5) A Comprehensive Review of Refractive and Cataract Surgery
6) ICU Nurses’ Roles in Medical Surgery
7) A Comparison of Minor and Major Surgeries
8) The Role of Nurses in OT
9) Details and Complications of General Anesthesia
10) surgical phases
11) Overview of Surgical Asepsis
12) How to Improve Operating Room Safety
13) Surgical Interventions and Neurogenic Shock
14) Diabetic Foot Care and Treatment
15) Using Thermal Heating to Prevent Intraoperative Hypothermia
Oncology Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For DNP, BSN & MSN
Choosing an idea for your oncology nursing capstone project is extremely difficult. However, once you’ve found the right idea, you can begin researching the topic and writing your project confidently. Check out the following health essay topics for inspiration on what to write about:
1) Most hospital readmissions are caused by patients’ perceptions of cancer care resources.
2) Oncology nurses face a challenge in assessing the nutritional status of children with cancer.
3) The distinction between the mechanisms of action of targeted therapy and chemotherapy.
4) Strategy for dealing with the heparin shortage.
5) The role of rehabilitation in cancer treatment
6) Managing the side effects of antiemetic prophylaxis
7) Strategies for improving iron absorption in iron-deficiency anemia
8) Getting a homeless patient through cancer treatment
9) Oncology nurses face a challenge in the nutritional assessment of children with cancer. They are also investigating the role of fertility navigators in fertility care.
10) Beginnings and endings – Grief, Loss, and Letting Go
11) Creating a win-win situation by teaching patients’ responsibility
12) Comprehensive geriatric assessments are critical to treatment planning in elderly patients
13) The most overlooked symptom in cancer care
14) Poor adherence to guidelines for preventing chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
15) Oncology nurses must keep an eye out for CAR T-Cell therapy side effects
16) Communication and autonomy are essential in-patient quality of life
17) Obesity in cancer patients
18) Cancer survivors’ follow-up care and screening
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
1) The application of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric settings
2) Culturally relevant mental health programs
3) The impact of domestic violence on children
4) Using CBT to help veterans suffering from PTSD
5) The effects of workplace bullying on new nurses
6) Creation of a new mental health guide for educators
7) The relationship between homelessness and mental health problems
8) Art therapy and psychological well-being
9) Psychiatry of children and adolescents
10) The effectiveness of yoga in maintaining mental health
11) Dependence on tobacco
12) Suicide causes among adolescents
13) Mentally ill patients’ health education strategy
14) Substance abuse problems
15) Reducing stigma among caregivers and patients with mental illnesses
16) Aboriginals or a specific population’s access to mental health services
17) Understanding Women’s Postnatal Depression
18) Substance abuse in the elderly population
19) Nursing lateral violence
20) Adolescent mental health nursing
21) The best mental health scales for children in prison
22) Outcome measurements for a mentally ill inpatient
23) The Effects of Teen Suicide
24) Evaluation of psychological rehabilitation readiness
25) Mental illness and decision-making autonomy
26) Do intellectual disability nurses have a different perception than other nurses?
27) Educating student nurses on trauma management in clinical settings
28) The efficacy of deaf service users’ mental health services
29) Relationships between heritage, the arts, museums, and mental health
30) Aboriginals or a specific population’s access to mental health services
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
1) Use of e-learning in healthcare administration
2) Developing and improving patient safety and security through extensive data research
3) Researching methods for storing and maintaining nursing informatics data
4) What should be the top priority for future informatics investment?
5) How to use modern systems to obtain reliable nursing information
6) An examination of the benefits and drawbacks of the current health record system
7) What is the state of nursing informatics in developing countries?
8) Examining the impact of nursing informatics on nursing service quality
Best Nursing Leadership Project Ideas
1) The importance of charismatic leadership in nurse leaders
2) A thorough examination of the issues confronting today’s nurse leaders
3) How well do today’s nurse leaders use organizational tactics to motivate healthcare workers?
4) Assessment of leadership qualities that result in excellence in a nursing setting
5) A comparison of nurse leaders’ productivity in public and private hospitals
6) The role of nurse leaders in resolving emergency room conflict
7) Effective strategies charge nurses can use to address stress and burnout among nurses
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For MSN, DNP & BSN
1) Before you can become a nurse, you must first complete a rigorous academic program. A nursing capstone project is an essential component of it. The nursing profession is not for everyone, so you must study hard and demonstrate a variety of skills.
2) Throughout your studies, you will be assigned several projects, one of which will be a nursing capstone. A nursing capstone requires you to choose a good topic, conduct research, gather facts, and provide evidence. This adds to the excitement of writing a nursing capstone project.
3) However, writing a nursing research paper may be difficult if you lack the topic, knowledge, and skills. In this case, our nursing capstone project ideas can save your academic career. Our professional nursing capstone project writers have extensive experience dealing with a wide range of topics in various nursing specialties. You can count on us for undergraduate, graduate (master’s of science in nursing project ideas), and doctorate nursing capstone project ideas.
4) In contrast to the nursing capstone project ideas available online, we have classified our thoughts to help you choose the best one based on your specialty. We hope that this comprehensive list of nursing capstone project ideas inspires you to begin brainstorming on the topic for your nursing capstone project.
5) Patient Slips and Falls Ideas for Nursing Capstone Projects/ Critical Care Ideas for nursing capstone projects
6) Nurses are constantly on the lookout for ways to prevent patient falls.
7) You can easily choose a capstone project topic on patient falls as a DNP, MSN, or BSN student and write a well-written capstone project that will earn you high grades.
8) When considering the overall issue of patient falls, measurement scales and contributing factors such as dementia, mental and physical health issues, age, or Alzheimer’s must be considered.
Critical care nursing capstone project ideas
1) Patient fall prevention through education
2) Fall prevention strategies in the home
3) Hospital fall prevention strategies
4) Potential causes of hospital falls
5) Fall and fall risk patient definition
6) The use of the SPICES framework and FAMILY cards to evaluate elderly patients
7) Nursing interventions for fall prevention
8) Evidence-based interventions for falls in hospital settings.
9) The use of video and camera monitoring to prevent elderly patients from falling
10) The application of technology in fall prevention
11) Measurement and Improvement of Hospital-Based Fall Programs in High-Reliability Organizations
12) Hospital administration’s role in preventing patient falls
13) Medical-surgical unit quality improvement program to reduce falls
14) Factors influencing psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
15) Developing a fall-prevention culture
16) Evaluation of multifactorial fall risk
17) The Role of Healthcare Managers in Fall Injury Prevention in Assisted Living Facilities
18) Multifaceted interventions for the prevention of falls in the elderly
19) The use of exercise to reduce falls in elderly patients
The Morse fall risk scale and its application in fall risk assessment and management
20) Fall-risk patients’ characteristics
21) Using engineering controls to prevent patients and the elderly from falling
Outpatient fall risk assessment tool (no. 24)
22) Fall rate effects of implementing an evidence-based fall risk scale
23) Fall risk assessment tool that is standardized
24) Attitudes and knowledge of medical staff regarding inpatient falls
25) Acute care inpatient hospital patient fall rates
26) Patient fall prevention and safety
27) Patient fall education and safety culture among nurses
28) Fall-prevention strategies for patients
29) Home fall prevention practices 33. Environmental assessment and modification as a fall prevention strategy
30) Home modification approach to fall prevention
31) Effects of healthcare sting/environment design on patient fall
32) Physical environmental risk factors for falls in the elderly
33) Improving home safety for geriatric patients to reduce fall injuries
34) Evaluation of the elderly patient’s home environment
35) Activities to raise awareness of elderly patients’ safety
36) Nursing home patient fall prevention strategies and tools
37) Effects of visiting home nurses on inpatient falls
38) Pharmacists’ role in preventing patient falls
39) A multidisciplinary approach to fall prevention in clinical settings
40) Hourly Rounding and Fall Prevention in Long-Term Care Residents: A Change Process
Nursing education capstone project ideas for students
1) Ethnicity and low-income influence patient portal underutilization
2) Reducing ventilator-associated infections in hospitalized patients.
3) Healthcare system integration
4) The significance of taking a health history
5) A disease that is common among the elderly
6) Strategies for Healthy Aging
7) Music therapy improves expressive language skills in children with autism spectrum disorder who have limited verbalizations or echolalia.
8) Employee health insurance
9) The relationship between patient care and financial ability
10) Nursing evidence levels
11) Nursing progress notes: legal and professional requirements
12) Do pre-hospital rapid cooling of an MDMA overdose improve clinical outcomes?
13) Implementing the IOM’s Nursing Futures Report
14) The effects of organizational culture on the implementation of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
15) Addressing Healthcare Disparities in the United States
16) Racial discrimination in healthcare delivery in the United States
17) Macro trends affecting the healthcare system in the United States
18) Saudi Arabians’ attitudes toward their healthcare system
19) Transitioning from student to registered nurse
20) Advanced practice and patient advocacy
21) Chlorhexidine is used to reduce hospital-acquired infections
22) Improving Preventative Care Processes in HMO Organizations for Better Outcomes
23) The influence of leadership on health management
24) Examining Veterans’ Mental Health
25) Perceptions of Associate Degree Nurses on Motivators and Barriers to Returning to School for a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
26) Management of Complex Adaptive Healthcare Organizations (using the Theoretical Domain Framework – TDF)
91+ Cardiac nursing capstone project ideas
1) The significance of cardiac knowledge for adolescents in terms of clinical utility
2) The role of simulation in bridging the student-RN gap
3) Implementing the Nurse Bedside Shift Report
4) The relationship between a patient’s congestive heart failure and their lifestyle
5) Is dimensional analysis useful for calculating dosage?
6) How effective is education as a tool in health care intervention for African American nursing home populations?
7) Pain management in post-anesthesia care units: standardization
8) How to Prevent and Treat Lyme Disease
9) Nutritional Approaches to Diabetes Prevention and Management
10) Measures to improve women’s access to and utilization of maternal healthcare in rural areas
11) Non-pharmacological intervention to alleviate dementia symptoms
12) Methods for managing and reducing childhood obesity
13) How well do people understand HPV vaccination?
14) How to Reduce Rehospitalization of Stroke Patients
15) The importance of breastfeeding in infant health
16) The Nurse’s Role in Healthcare Transformation
17) The significance of nursing training and development
18) How to Provide Care for ADHD Patients
19) The utility of heart monitoring in detecting sleep apnea and heart failure
20) The effect of open and limited visiting hours on adults
21) What effect does behavioral counseling have on the spread of sexually transmitted diseases?
22) A guide to the role of probiotics in the prevention of antibiotic-related diarrhea
23) Patient-centered medical facilities
24) Interventions for regulating dysfunctional behavior in dementia patients 25. Emergency planning and management
25) The effect of telephone follow-ups on reducing readmissions after gynecologic oncology surgery.
26) Design and implementation strategies for the Nurse Residency Program
27) The efficacy of high-fidelity simulation in preparing student nurses for the obstetrical environment.
28) Recognizing and treating an alcoholic’s withdrawal symptoms
29) Determining the level of depression in male patients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
30) The various aspects of influencing breastfeeding mothers’ decisions
31) The role of technology in improving patient safety in nursing homes
32) How concept mapping promotes critical thinking in first-year nursing students
33) The effect of patient awareness on the use of emergency departments
34) Evidence-based assessment of transformational leadership in nurse managers.
35) The effect of a non-pharmacological approach on sleep quality in a geriatric population
36) The impact of a non-pharmacological intervention on sleep quality in an elderly population
37) The influence of critical thinking abilities on cognitive learning in student nurses
38) An examination of registered nurses’ attitudes toward obese patients
39) A study of the effects of intentional rounding on patient falls
40) What is the relationship between a hospital and unit orientation?
41) The influence of education and experience on medication errors made by registered nurses
42) African American men show early signs of prostate cancer.
43) Workplace bullying and intentional sabotage consequences
44) Intensive care Nurses’ practices and perceptions influence delirium assessment in patients.
45) How do nurses’ attitudes toward HIV-positive patients influence them?
46) What factors do parents consider when selecting pediatric nursing care?
47) A guide to using non-pharmacological techniques effectively in the care of dementia patients.
48) Diabetes Prevention and Management
49) Actions that will lead to better management of ADHD patients
50) The benefits and drawbacks of controlled visitation
51) Nursing responsibilities and roles and performance
52) Measures to assist registered nurses in transitioning into their new roles
53) The effect of postoperative follow-up on patient readmission after heart surgery
54) The transition from nursing school to the hospital.
55) Advice from registered nurses on accurately calculating a dosage.
56) The effectiveness of probiotics in preventing diarrhea after antibiotic use.
57) An investigation into the emergency system.
58) Prompt preventative measures for reducing dementia in patients with dysfunctional behavior.
59) The effect of sexual harassment on registered female nurses’ personal growth and development.
60) A study to improve access to high-quality maternity care in rural areas.
61) Capstone project ideas on Obesity prevention and treatment in children aged 6 to 12 years.
62) Effective interventions improve the quality of life for patients with congestive heart failure.
63) How productive are registered nurses who work long hours in busy hospitals?
64) How effective are online nursing programs in terms of preparing graduates for work?
65) The role of personalized methods in the management of sleep disorders in elderly patients
66) How do ADHD and bipolar affect young children aged 6 to 12 years?
67) Non-pharmaceutical intervention in support of psychological systems.
68) How to Screen for Apnea in Patients with Heart Disease
69) Cardiac Skills Checklist for Teenagers’ Clinical Utility
70) The transition from student to RN: Bridging the Gap with Simulation
71) Using a shift report at the bedside
72) The condition of a patient suffering from congestive heart failure.
73) Dimensional analysis: A simple guide for dosage calculation
74) Providing Asthma and Diabetes Education to African Americans Living in Nursing Homes
75) Improving pain management in post-anesthesia care units
76) Preventive measures for Lyme disease
77) Diabetes control and prevention measures
78) Increased public health awareness to improve access to healthcare for pregnant women in rural areas
79) Non-pharmacological procedures for the treatment of dementia patients
80)Childhood Obesity: Treatment and Prevention
81) Raising Awareness for HPV Vaccination
82) Reducing readmissions for stroke patients
83) Supporting Breastfeeding to Improve Infant Health
84) A review of a nurse’s roles.
85) Nursing personnel training and development
86) Coping with ADHD Patients
87) Heart monitoring in patients with sleep apnea.
88) Can Informatics Be Used in Rural Areas?
89) Which should come first, a CS degree or a nursing degree?
90) Seniors’ Storage Systems
91) How Can the Government Influence Automation Processes?
92) Evaluation of Nurse Burnout in Cities and Towns
93) Group Therapy’s Impact on Nurse Burnout
This article contains 100 nursing capstone project ideas which will be of great help in your research project. In case you face any difficulties trying to figure out the best idea, feel free to contact us anytime to come to your aid as our main aim is seeing into it that you get help. We have great professionals who are well enlightened in these fields. Wishing you all the best in your research.
If you need help writing a critical analysis essay , place an order with us
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING PAPERS MARKET TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
Best Topics For A Nursing Capstone Project
08 Apr 2022
❔What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
- Health Promotion
- Mental Health
- Nursing Burnout
- Women’s Health
- Patient Falls
- Medical Surgery
- Nursing Informatics
👍Need Nursing Capstone Project Help?
Is it time for your nursing capstone project ideas? If your answer is yes, it means you’ve reached an exciting time in your life. It’s time to finish your education as a nursing student and begin your career. These papers serve to demonstrate what you've learned at school and allow you to put that knowledge into practice. However, choosing the perfect topic for your task is not easy. This guide can help to look for inspiration as it presents 150 capstone project ideas in different categories. You can start by picking the area that attracts you the most. From there, browse the topics and find the perfect one for your paper! All of these capstone project topics are popular and common, and they have been the first choice of us many. You can easily find creative nursing projects ideas and start with your academic paper in no time and yes, get the grade you deserve.
Improve your grades with our Essay Writing Course
Academic writing is easy… if you know how. Learn to write essays from a PapersOwl writer who has written over 800 papers
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
Nursing students will attend a suitable course or program for their future occupation. However, towards the end of their studies, they have to write a capstone project about the features of medical care in order to get a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or MSN (Master of Science in Nursing). This is actually a paper that’s not much different from academic assignments at other universities and colleges.
So, what is a nursing capstone project, and how should you do it? You have the freedom to choose a topic, but make sure to consult with your tutor. That means your topic might come from informatics, women’s health, or any other area of interest. The idea is to answer a question or a problem and show a deep understanding of your capstone project idea.
Your capstone project topic will require carrying out independent research and presenting a detailed analysis of the issue. The paper can be anywhere between 25 and 100 pages, as long as it offers a comprehensive answer to the proposed topic.
Here is why tutors insist on working on this paper:
- You are demonstrating what you have learned. The crucial benefit of working on these project ideas is to showcase your knowledge. This paper shows you can apply theories and frameworks with professional practice.
- Enhancing professional development. Identifying the right ideas and working on them will further upgrade your knowledge.
- You might find a special interest in a particular area. You might discover the category where you want to specialize during your career.
- You are learning more about the community and its problems. You’ll understand the community better, and you might even help to design strategies to improve it.
You may also need to choose nursing research topics 2022 while studying. It can be fun to choose from the nursing leadership project ideas and work on this capstone paper. However, some students don’t have enough time on their hands to complete the task. If that’s the case, you can always contact a premium writing service to help you finish the assignment. They can turn your nursing capstone project idea into reality and ensure you deliver a superb paper in the expected timeframe.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
If you are ready to start working on your project, look for inspiration in the ideas below!
Before you proceed, there are a few more things you need to know. All, including emergency nursing capstone project ideas, are essential and capstone project ideas nursing have a huge role on the overall process. They can be long, up to 100 pages, so you can deduce that a BSN nursing capstone will need a lot of time to be completed. With proper nursing project ideas, this can be a bit easier, but it is still a complex matter. A nursing capstone can be based on nurse leadership, health care, cervical cancer, quality of life, standardized fall risk assessment tool, and so much more. But, it will always assess what you have learned and how well you have adopted the facts. That's why capstone nursing is considered one of the health history most essential types of writing and one that can make a massive difference. There are countless nursing capstone ideas and capstone projects you will have to complete. Each one shares the overall essentials and importance. Try to make your nursing capstone projects based on your own experience and your own learning. We will give you a lot of examples, and some are based in rural areas, which makes this a bit more complicated. Just imagine having to write on psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment. It is not simple in nursing, and these projects will require days of preparation.
Last but not least, always have a lot of time to focus and develop your nursing capstone project ideas. The nursing informatics capstone project ideas are even more time-consuming, while the oncology nursing capstone project ideas are ethically hard to work on. Your nursing capstone project needs to be detailed, to the point, and includes all the facts your readers may need to know. There will be a lot of them. Hence, you do need a lot of preparation. A BSN capstone of this kind may need 2-3 weeks to be completed. Yes, you can complete some like mental health issues, gestational diabetes, nursing informatics, or domestic violence effects in less time, but this is not a wise idea. These topics have a lot of importance. Hence, they need practical work experience to be understood.
Nursing is a field of study that requires experience and skill to excel in. With the growing demand for nurses and advancements in research, this field has become more competitive. Many students struggle to complete their nursing capstone projects due to lack of experience, resources, and time. If you find yourself in this situation, you can always turn to a nursing research paper writing service for help. They will provide you with the highest quality project and support to ensure that you succeed in your academic endeavors.
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you need general inspiration for your nursing capstone project, here are some suggestions. As you can see, these are all about nursing training, nurse leadership, and more generic nursing capstone ideas. Don't let this fool you. These are complicated and very essential ideas that are the most common, so you will probably have to work on one or two in your life. Some even claim that these are the most important nursing capstone projects.
- How to Become a Registered Nurse After Being a Student
- How HMO Organizations Can Improve Preventive Care to Enhance Patient Outcomes
- Health History and Why It’s Crucial to Patient Care
- How Macro Trends Affect the US and UK Healthcare
- The Connection between Patients Paying Ability and Care Level They Receive
- How Leadership Affects Healthcare Service Providers
- The Importance of Leaders in Education
- What Qualities Should a Nurse Leader Have?
- How Nurse Inclusion and Engagement Can Affect Patient Outcome
- How Nurse Engagement in Treating Patients Can Affect Their Mental Health
- Nurses and Ethical Practices
- Managing Stress for Nurses
- How Nurse Organizations Can Improve
- How to Make More Affordable Care for All Americans
- Attitudes to Healthcare Systems in Different Cultures
Health Promotion Nursing Capstone Project Topics
Working on health promotion can be important for the community. You can talk about health insurance, nursing practice, improving nursing and more. Most teachers like these topics, and they believe these can make a difference in the local community. Here are some ideas to use for inspiration.
- Improving Brain Health Programs with a Limited Budget
- Managing Depression Among Nurses to Improve Health Services
- Improving Awareness and Preventing Cyberbullying
- Promoting Awareness on How to Prevent HIV
- Increasing COVID19 Vaccine Importance Awareness
- How Smoking Affects Passive Smokers
- Promoting Youth Activity
- Seniors and Preventive Practices
- Nutrition Management for Elderly Patients in Nursing Homes
- Managing Nutrition for Patients with a High Diabetes Risk
- Reducing Depression in Elder Adults
- Increasing Motivation to Improve Physical Activity Among Youth People
- Improving Awareness of Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Promoting the Importance of Healthy Eating Habits
- Increasing the Knowledge on How UV Radiations and Skin Cancer Are Related
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
People have prejudice about mental health, but it’s important to discuss the issues surrounding it. You may have to write about PTSD-affected veterans, different mental problems, and so much more. Here you may have to touch private and public hospitals, while the link is not that massive. Don't forget about attitude and knowledge that have a huge role in all of that and how practicing professional nursing can make a difference. Patient outcomes are important as well. Be careful when working on adolescents' mental health scales the best topics. These are the topics that may help you to come up with nursing project ideas:
- How Sexual Abuse Affects Children’s Mental Health
- Can Art Therapy Help to Improve Mental Health
- How to Offer Mental Health Services to Deaf Users
- Teenage Suicide Rates and How to Prevent Them
- Domestic Violence and Its Influence on Children
- How Yoga Can Help to Improve and Maintain Mental Health
- How to Adapt Mental Health Programs to Different Cultures
- Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Treat Psychiatric Patients
- Can Giving Up Smoking Affect Mental Health?
- Improving Education on Providing Services to Mentally ill Patients
- Autonomous Decision Making for Mentally Ill Patients
- Addressing Mental Health Stigmas for Patients and Their Close Ones
- Can Homelessness Worsen Mental Health Problems?
- How to Manage PTSD Among Veterans
- The Access to Mental Health Services for a Specific Population Group
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Burnout is a problem in many workplaces, but it can have serious consequences in hospital surroundings. These capstone projects are becoming more and more common, and they affect nursing education, leadership skills, and so much more. Many of the nursing leadership capstone project ideas are severe and complicated. If writing a project, consider these ideas:
- How to Recognize and Stop Nurse Burnout Early
- Nurse Burnout Statistics – Detailed City and Town Comparison in Your Area
- How Group Therapy Affects Nurse Burnout
- Mindfulness and Other Techniques That Help to Prevent a Burnout
- Can Training Communication Skills Help with Nurse Burnout?
- Methods for Recognizing and Assessing the Level of Nurse Burnout
- A Detailed Analysis of Burnout Causes in Pediatric Nurses
- The Specifics of the Burnout Syndrome in Oncology Nurses
- Can You Predict a Burnout and What Are the Main Signs?
- Can Workplace Sabotage or Bullying Lead to a Nurse Burnout?
- How Nurse Burnout Can Affect the Safety of Patients
- How Different Countries Approach Nurse Burnout Issue
- Using Management Techniques to Prevent and deal with Nurse Burnout
- Can Medical Universities Help Students to Avoid a Nurse Burnout
- What Are the Coping Strategies When You Experience a Burnout
Don't let plagiarism ruin your grade
Check the originality of a paper with just a couple of clicks.
- Free unlimited checks
- Accurate results
- All common file formats
- Intuitive interface
Women’s Health Capstone Project Ideas
Many topics are specific to women’s health, such as those related to pregnancy and menopause. Capstone ideas may touch on effective nursing leadership styles, nursing leadership, and even multifactorial fall risk assessment. Here are some ideas to use:
- Understanding and Dealing with Menopause
- How Smoking Can Affect Pregnant Women and Their Babies
- Induced Births and Epidural
- Explaining Breast Pumps and Their Benefits and Drawbacks
- How to Choose Whether a Woman Should Breastfeed
- Different Birth Control Approaches Among Women
- Improving Healthcare Services for Women with Breast Cancer
- Pre-term Birth and Infant Mortality in African American Females
- Nutritional Guidelines for Pregnant Women
- How Women of Different Socio-Economic Status Approach to Working After Birth
- How to Manage Pelvic Floor Issues
- The Role of Nurses in Preventing and Managing Postpartum Depression in Female Patients
- How to Manage Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Women Health and Female Genital Mutilation
- Treating Breastfeeding Women with Codeine Products
Pediatric Nursing Capstone Project Topics
Providing top-quality care to children is imperative for healthcare facilities. If writing a project on this topic, these are the ideas to use:
- Sleep Apnea in Children
- Managing Service Quality and Cost in Private Pediatric Healthcare Facilities
- Comparing UK and US Approaches to Pediatric Care
- How to Recognize Children That Were Abused Sexually
- Dealing with a Child Who Has a Terminal Disease
- How Losing a Child Patients Affects the Hospital Staff
- Can Divorce Worsen Pre-Existing Conditions in Kids?
- How to Make Pediatric Care More Available to Children from Unprivileged Communities
- Abuse Victims in Children and Medical Concerns
- Kids Who Developed Measles and Complications to Consider
- Preventing Meningitis in Children
- Understanding and Treating Children Movement Disorders
- Meditation and Other Techniques to Help Children in Autism
- Preventing Kidney Stones in Children
- Improving Healthcare Services for Children with Cancer
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Falls present a huge risk, especially for elderly patients. These are the topics you can choose in this category:
- Preventing and Reducing Falls Among Elderly Patients in Long-Term Care
- Assessing the Home Environment to Reduce Patient Fall Risk
- Educating Nurses on Patient Safety and Reducing Fall Frequency
- Managing Fall Risk in Osteoporosis Patients
- What Can Hospital Leadership Do to Reduce Patient Falls?
- Adjusting Hospital Settings to Minimize Fall Risk
- Analyzing Patient Fall Rates in Healthcare Settings
- Which Patients Have the Highest Fall Risk?
- Using Cameras to Minimize and Reduce Fall Injury Risk Among Patients
- How Healthcare Facility Design Can Reduce Patient Falls
- Using Technology to Prevent Patient Falls
- Improving Nurse Knowledge on Elderly Patient Falls
- Using Exercises to Reduce Fall Risks in Elderly Patients
- Increasing Patient Awareness on Safety Activities That Can Reduce Fall Risks
- Risks in Healthcare Physical Environment That Increase Patient Fall Risk
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Your project can focus on the emergency departments in healthcare facilities. These topics could be interesting:
- Strategies to Reduce Crowding of Emergency Departments in Hospitals
- Costs and Benefits of Freestanding Emergency Departments
- The Potential of Tele-Emergency in Rural Areas
- Statistics on How Nurse Shortage Affects Emergency Departments
- Emergency Nurses and Burnout – Frequency and How to Avoid It
- Managing Violence in Emergency Rooms
- Safety of Pediatric Medications in Emergency Departments
- How Emergency Department Design Can Affect Quality of Service
- Managing Infections in the ER
- Emergency Department Nurses – Incentive Programs
- Decreasing the Duration of Patient Stay in the ED
- Quality of Healthcare in Emergency Departments
- Treating Patients with Mental Health Issues in Emergency Departments
- Administering Medicines Nasally in EDs
- Preparing ED Staff for Terrorist Attacks and Other Extreme Situations
Catch plagiarism before your teacher does
Check your paper against billions of web pages and publications. Get an accurate plagiarism report in a few seconds. It's fast, easy & free!
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
We can see all types of surgeries performed daily throughout the world. This category is vast, and these are only some suggestions to use:
- A Detailed Overview of Treating and Managing Wounds
- Nurse Involvement in Post-Surgery Patient Care
- Anaesthetists and Burnout
- How to Ensure Gastrointestinal Surgery Minimally Invasive
- A Detailed Overview of Refractive and Cataract Surgery
- Roles of ICU Nurses in Medical Surgery
- Comparing Minor and Major Surgeries
- The Importance of Nurses in OT
- General Anesthesia – Details and Complications
- Phases of Surgery
- Surgical Asepsis Overview
- How to Enhance Safety in Operating Rooms
- Neurogenic Shock and Surgical Interventions
- Diabetic Foot Treatment and Care
- Preventing Intraoperative Hypothermia with Thermal Heating
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
Technology improved the healthcare industry. These are the suggestions if you want to focus on informatics in your project:
- Data Management and Ethics in the Healthcare Industry
- Managing Data in Healthcare Facilities
- How to Use Robotics in Surgery
- Nursing Informatics and Data Security
- How Mobile Health Apps Can Improve Healthcare in Rural Areas
- Using Electronic Medical Records in Acute Patient Care
- Analyzing Controversy in Nurse Informatics
- Applying Technology in Training Professional Nurses
- How Technology Can Help to Deal with Nurse Shortage in Rural Areas
- Ways to Upgrade the Information System in Hospitals
- Improving Data Security for Critical Care Patients
- The Importance of Investing in Nurse Informatics
- The Potential of E-Learning Simulations for Medical Training
- Data Breaches in Healthcare and Their Impact
- Techniques to Prevent Data Breaches in Medical Facilities
Need Nursing Capstone Project Help?
Nursing capstone projects can be overwhelming, and many students struggle to find the right ideas for their projects. One helpful way to find ideas is to look for inspiration online through resources such as research papers and journals. Alternatively, you could consider hiring an online essay writer to help you brainstorm ideas and create an outline for your project.
No matter how good you are in medicine, sometimes you may simply not have enough time to write a project. It happens to everyone. Or you can be too busy to prepare capstone project ideas for nursing or pediatric papers. In such moments, you should ask for help from a reliable capstone project writing service by PapersOwl. We are always ready to help our clients in any difficult situation and at any time. Don’t ever hesitate to ask for help from professional writers! We have extensive experience and years of honing our professional skills. Entrust your papers to us and get a custom project that guarantees you a satisfying result.
You will get a capstone course or patient falls nursing capstone project, an essay on outpatient fall risk assessment tools, or even deaf service users outcome measures written by experts who know what they are doing. We can help you with the Morse fall risk scale, nurse leaders, patient falls, and any capstone element you have on your mind or have to write for your own purpose. Some of these will be written by actual nurses. If you want to, you can deduce the outcome, which is always stunning.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
I am Dr. Paulus, an experienced academic writer. I am efficient, hardworking, and very flexible. As a student, I majored in History and Management but will be more than happy to work on any other subject. I write everything from scratch and do a unique research for every project.
Readers also enjoyed
The best 150 capstone project topic ideas.
Capstone Project Writing Guides 183 likes
What Is A Capstone Project?
Capstone Project Writing Guides 100 likes
How To Write A Capstone Project Outline: Steps and Example
Capstone Project Writing Guides 15 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
【在庫僅少】 *フィラ* ジャケット＆ショートパンツ M S ウェア
- *フィラ* ジャケット＆ショートパンツ M S
- ブランド nursingwritingservices.solutions
- 商品の状態 未使用に近い
- 配送料の負担 送料込み(出品者負担)
- 配送の方法 らくらくメルカリ便
- 発送までの日数 2~3日で発送
納得できる割引 *フィラ* ジャケット＆ショートパンツ M S ウェア
未使用ジャケット ショートパンツ | vielvrings.kampmeyer.com
レディース FILAカラフルショートパンツ+レギンス 2点セット（ジャージ
ハーフパンツ ショートパンツ | discovermediaworks.com
ロデオクラウンズ デニム メンズ
175 Latest Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For A+
Table of Contents
Many students struggle with writing their nursing capstone projects because they lack an idea to write on. And, if they do have a concept, they don’t know how to proceed or lack the time necessary to write it.
In this case, you may seek online assignment help with nursing capstone project ideas. Additionally, you can acquire a cheap nursing paper from a reputable assignment writing service.
What Is A Nursing Capstone Project?
It refers to a type of paper that uses experiments, facts, and practical work experience to help nursing students advance their professional skills.
Students are obligated to complete a research project on their choice within a healthcare field. A capstone project in nursing can help you obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Below is a list of nursing capstone ideas that you can use for your nursing capstone project;
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
- Is the link between homelessness and mental health problems is strong
- Yoga is very good at keeping your mental health and well-being in check.
- Use of expressive art therapy to help young people grow up in a positive way
- Using CBT to help veterans who have PTSD
- Children are harmed by domestic violence
- Mental health interventions based on culture
- For new nurses, bullying at work can harm their careers.
- A new mental health guide for teachers is being made.
- There should be more use of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric facilities.
- Art and mental health go together.
- People who kill themselves as kids:
- Psychiatry for children and teenagers
- Therapy with ketamine infusions
- Dependence on tobacco
- In psychiatric centers, people are safe.
- Preventing falls in mental health facilities
- Disorders of substance abuse
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol by older people
- Approach to health education for people who have a mental health condition
- Getting rid of stigma among caregivers and patients with mental illnesses
- Aboriginal populations face mental health difficulties.
- Understanding Women’s Postnatal Depression
- Adolescent mental health nursing
- Children in prison have the best mental health scales.
- Aboriginals or a specific population have access to mental health care.
- Nurses’ lateral violence
- The effectiveness of deaf service users’ mental health services
- Outcome measures for an inpatient with mental illness
- Mental illness and decision-making autonomy
- Psychological rehabilitation readiness evaluation
- Heritage, arts, museums, and mental health are all intertwined.
- The Effects of Teen Suicide
- Educating student nurses on trauma management in clinical settings
- ADN students’ mental health simulation models
- Is it true that Intellectual Disability Nurses are seen differently than other nurses?
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
- Compassion fatigue and operating room nurses
- Anesthetists are suffering from burnout.
- Asepsis in surgery
- How to Use Surgical Smoke Extraction in the Operating Room
- States where surgical smoke evacuation is required
- Eliminating Surgical Smoke Improves Perioperative Nurses’ Health
- General anesthesia complications
- Electrosurgical Smoke’s Hazards on Operating Room Personnel
- Obstacles to developing effective smoke evacuation and prevention practices
- Meningitis Causes and Symptoms
- Throat bypass surgery
- The Effects of Surgical Smoke on the Operating Room Staff
- Peripheral artery bypass surgery
- Bypass grafting of the coronary arteries
- Obese patients may benefit from bariatric surgery.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator’s Role
- Failure of organs and transplantation
- Involvement of patients in their treatment and intervention following surgery
Nursing Leadership Capstone Project Ideas
The following is a collection of nursing research topics and ideas that might serve as an excellent jumping-off point for developing a unique topic for your nursing leadership capstone project.
Numerous researchers have delved into the fascinating field of leadership. This does not mean that all knowledge has been exhausted.
When choosing nursing leadership capstone topics, you must exercise extreme caution to avoid selecting an extensive topic that may sound insipid on the quality of your nursing capstone project.
- Is nurse leadership a matter of passion or obligation?
- The role of transformative leadership in the management of nurse practitioners
- Communication among interprofessional team nurse leaders is critical.
- Nurse engagement and inclusion’s effect on patient outcomes
- Nurse leaders can employ organizational tactics to motivate healthcare personnel.
- Contemporary nurse leaders face numerous challenges.
- The role of nurse leaders in resolving clinical conflicts
- Role of Nurse leaders in avoiding violence in emergency departments
- The critical nature of developing a personal leadership philosophy
- Leadership in the United States healthcare system
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Nurses are constantly addressing the issue of patient falls as an MSN. DNP, or BSN student, you may select a capstone project topic related to patient falls and write an excellent capstone project that will earn you the highest scores.
When considering the holistic issue of patient falls, it is necessary to include measurement scales and contributory factors such as dementia, mental and physical health problems, age, or Alzheimer’s disease.
Diverse fall prevention and fall management strategies might also be a focus of your nursing capstone project. Here is some patient capstone ideas for nursing
- Can education avoid patient falls?
- Strategies for preventing falls in the home
- Hospital fall prevention strategies
- Potential reasons for hospital falls
- Establishing a fall and a patient who is in danger of falling
- The use of the family cards and spices framework to evaluate elderly patients
- Interventions by nurses to avoid falls
- Falls intervention options based on evidence in hospital settings
- The application of video and camera surveillance to the prevention of falls in elderly patients
- The application of technology in fall prevention
- Measurement and improvement of hospital-based fall programs in high-reliability organizations
- The role of hospital administration in preventing patient falls
- A quality improvement initiative to minimize falls in medical-surgical units has been launched.
- Factors associated with psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
- Establishing a fall-prevention culture
- Assessment of multifactorial fall risk
- The role of healthcare managers in fall injury prevention in assisted living facilities
- Patients with osteoporosis are more likely to fall.
- Multifaceted approaches for the prevention of falls in the elderly
- Exercise can help reduce falls in elderly patients.
- The morse fall risk scale and its application in risk assessment and management
- Characteristics of patients who are at risk of falling
- Using technical controls to keep patients and the elderly safe from falls
- Tool for assessing the risk of a fall in an outpatient setting
- The impact of using an evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
Do you need help with writing your nursing capstone project?
Get Capstone Project Help
Informatics Nursing Capstone Project Ideas and Topics
The healthcare industry has benefited from technological improvements. Consider these ideas if you’re looking for nursing informatics capstone project ideas.
- Ethics and data management in the medical industry
- Data management in healthcare facilities
- How to make use of robotics in surgery
- Data security and nursing informatics
- How mobile health apps can improve rural healthcare
- Acute patient care using electronic medical records
- Examining disagreement in nurse informatics
- Using technology to teach professional nurses
- How technology can aid in the management of nurse shortages in rural areas
- Methods for improving hospital information systems
- Enhancing data security for patients in critical care
- The benefits of investing in nurse informatics
- E-learning simulations’ potential for medical education
- Data breach in healthcare and its consequences
- Methods for preventing data breaches in medical facilities
Medical surgery is a broad niche of medicine. Nearly every day, we see a variety of surgeries carried out throughout the world. The following are a few medical surgery capstone project ideas and topics:
- A complete overview of wound treatment and management
- Participation of nurses in post-surgery patient care
- Burnout among anesthetists
- How to get minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery
- An in-depth look at cataract and refractive surgery
- The roles of ICU nurses in medical surgery
- Comparing minimally invasive and major surgical procedures
- The importance of nurses in occupational therapy
- Details and complications of general anesthesia
- Surgery’s phases
- Surgical asepsis overview
- How can operating room safety be improved?
- Surgical interventions and nervous system shock
- Treatment and care of diabetic feet
- Using thermal heating to prevent intraoperative hypothermia
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Your nursing capstone project can focus on emergency care in hospitals. These might be exciting emergency nursing capstone project ideas:
- Efforts to reduce hospital emergency department overcrowding
- Freestanding emergency departments: costs and benefits
- Tele-potential emergency in rural areas
- Statistics on the impact of nurse shortages in emergency rooms
- Burnout among emergency nurses is common, and there are ways to avoid it.
- Managing violent situations in hospital emergency rooms
- Pediatric medications in emergency rooms: are they safe?
- How does the design of an emergency room affect service quality?
- Infection control in the emergency room
- Nurses in emergency rooms – incentive programs
- Minimizing the time patients spend in the emergency room
- In emergency rooms, the quality of care is poor.
- In emergency rooms, treating patients with mental health issues
- Nasal administration of medicines in emergency rooms
- Terrorist attacks and other extreme situations: preparing emergency department personnel
Pediatric Nursing Capstone Project Topics
Healthcare facilities must make sure that children get the best care possible. A capstone project on this subject can use these nursing capstone project topic ideas:
- In private pediatric healthcare facilities, managing service quality and cost is a challenge
- Comparing pediatric care in the united kingdom and the united state
- How to spot a child who has been sexually abused
- How to take care of children with a terminal illness
- The effects of losing a child patient on hospital staff
- Can divorce make children’s pre-existing conditions worse?
- How can pediatric care be made more accessible to children from underserved communities?
- Medical concerns for child abuse victims
- Children with measles and the consequences to consider
- Children’s meningitis prevention
- Understanding and treating movement disorders in children
- Children with autism can benefit from meditation and other techniques
- Kidney stone prevention in children
- Improving cancer-related healthcare services for children
- Experts will help you with your capstone project.
Women’s Health Capstone Project Ideas
There are numerous capstone project topics specific to women’s health, such as pregnancy and menopause. Here are some suggestions for women’s health capstone project ideas and topics:
- Understanding and managing menopause
- The impacts of smoking on pregnant women and their babies
- Epidurals and induced births
- Explaining breast pumps and their advantages and disadvantages
- What factors influence a woman’s decision to breastfeed
- Women’s various birth control methods
- Improving healthcare services for breast cancer patients
- Premature birth and infant mortality in African American women
- Pregnant women’s nutritional recommendations
- How women of different socioeconomic statuses approach working after childbirth
- How to handle pelvic floor problems
- Nurses’ role in preventing and treating postpartum depression in female patients
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Female genital mutilation and women’s health
- Codeine products used to treat breastfeeding women
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Burnout is a concern in many industries, but it can be extremely deadly in a medical setting. Consider the following nursing capstone project ideas on nursing burnout when developing your capstone project:
- How to detect and prevent nurse burnout early
- The impacts of group therapy on nurse burnout
- Mindfulness and other techniques for avoiding burnout
- Methods for detecting and assessing nurse burnout
- A comprehensive examination of the causes of burnout in pediatric nurses
- The specifics of oncology nurses’ burnout syndrome
- Can burnout be predicted, and what are the indicators?
- Can workplace sabotage or bullying lead to nurse burnout?
- How nurse burnout affects patient safety
- How different countries handle the problem of nurse burnout
- Management techniques for preventing and resolving nurse burnout
- Can medical schools help students avoid nursing burnout?
Order NOW to get 15% Discount!
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Essay Writing Services
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.
Creative Nursing capstone Project Ideas
Your search for the best capstone project ideas for nursing capstone projects ends here. If you are wondering what a good nursing capstone topic idea to choose is, we will guide you through the process of selecting the best topic given different possibilities. We are a nursing writing service that every other nursing student wants to associate with, and it is because we are passionate about what we do.
When you are ready for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project , you can easily get confused with plenty of ideas that come to mind. You might end up choosing a capstone project idea that is unperceivable and lacks content online. Maybe you will most likely settle for a broad topic, or you are just out of capstone ideas in nursing; you should definitely take some coffee, find a relaxed position, and drink from this pot of wisdom. With 100+ nursing capstone project ideas, you surely must get one that fits your taste. Do not peter out yet; our professional nurse writers can help you draft the capstone project outline as well.
Our expert nursing capstone paper writers have always handled topics in different specialties and topics. You can rely on us for graduate nursing capstone project ideas (MSN and DNP level).
Unlike the list of capstone project ideas you will encounter online, we have categorized these ideas to refine them further and make it easier for you to pick one depending on your specialty. Whether you are a BSN, MSN, or DNP student, we are optimistic that this comprehensive list on the internet is all you need to begin brainstorming on your capstone project topics .
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
A nursing capstone project also referred to as a senior capstone or capstone experience refers to an academic paper that consolidates practical work experience, experimentation, facts to help identify real-world setting issues, and applying skills from class to develop actionable solutions. Capstone projects in nursing can either be inclined towards research or problem-solving.
A nursing capstone paper can be anywhere between 20 pages and 100 pages in length. It should have a compelling argument, exhibit the choice of excellent capstone nursing topics.
Capstone projects are evidence-based practice (EBP) projects and reinforce best practices in different nursing fields. A common focus of the capstone projects in nursing is how to implement technology into practice and effective care delivery. They also revolve around finding solutions for better healthcare management of the staff and staffing issues.
When undertaking a capstone project course, a student works with a practicing professional (a capstone graduate) to help them all the way, offer real-world experience, and advise on the design.
Why Capstone Projects are Important for Nursing Students
There are many goals of a nursing capstone project. These reasons are anchor the need for most students to choose a capstone project over a nursing thesis if given a chance.
- Understanding Community Needs. Through handling the nursing capstone projects, students identify and address the healthcare needs and issue within their community settings.
- Capstone projects help define an information problem or opportunity. For instance, if the rates of childhood obesity are high, a capstone project can come up with assured strategies to address the scourge.
- The nursing capstone project also helps develop an interest in a given specialty. As one works on their capstone projects, they can, in the process, develop a passion for a given area of interest.
- Capstone projects are a chance to combine work from class with professional practice. As students handle their capstone projects, they can apply various nursing theories, frameworks, models, and ideas to help their professional development.
- It helps students look at the world from a systems approach point of view. A student who resorts to a nursing capstone project will most likely make a difference in the community, clinical setting of the healthcare department by trying to solve systemic problems in their specific area.
A good capstone project must reflect research ethics, statistics, program theory, leadership and is always preceded by a capstone research proposal.
Given the goals, graduate program capstone projects in nursing might take an entire semester. On the other hand, BSN capstone projects might take ten weeks to two semesters.
Do you need help with writing your nursing capstone project?
Difference between a Nursing Capstone Project and a Nursing Thesis
As you get close to the final term and the residency program gets closer, you will most likely either handle a thesis or a capstone project. A typical confusing question nursing students ask is, what's the difference between a capstone and a thesis in nursing? We have the answers right here for you.
Most nursing programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, mandate that the students complete either a nursing thesis or a capstone project. While a thesis project is meant to focus on a general issue and provide insights to the reader, a capstone thinly focuses on a specific issue, concern, or problem in the realm of nursing.
Also, unlike a thesis that presents a theory or solution, a capstone paper describes the issue using a fact-based approach.
A capstone project is most likely to be assigned from undergraduate to graduate level, whereas a nursing thesis is only assigned to graduate nursing students. Nursing capstone projects are also more focused compared to the theses. One of the reasons is because a capstone demonstrates the understanding of the topic through a detailed analytical approach. On the other hand, a thesis paper for nursing entails the generation of hypothesis or research questions, conducting research, analysis of data, explanation of the findings, and concluding as well as recommending the evidence-based practice.
Even with the differences, both nursing thesis and capstone projects form grounds for evidence-based practice in nursing.
Useful Tips when Choosing Great Nursing Capstone Ideas
Most nursing students complain that they do not have topics for their nursing capstone projects. One thing most students fail to realize is that they can approach their faculty advisor to help them select a capstone project idea that is relevant to their career goals. Here are some useful tips to help you arrive at your capstone idea of choice for your nursing program:
- Choose a topic or capstone project idea for nursing that has not been widely explored. This way, you get to chart a path that others who come after you will follow. You will also gain knowledge through research, analysis, and presentation.
- Choose nursing capstone projects that are interesting to you. If you decide to go with a topic on technology, for instance, be sure that your career goals align with nursing informatics or any tech-related aspect in healthcare.
- Use the internet to look for the scholarly sources that support your capstone idea of choice. Again, you do not want to choose a nursing capstone idea that does not have credible facts to support your idea. Go for strong nursing capstone ideas supported by theories, frameworks, and facts from scholarly nursing sources.
- Have a range of nursing capstone ideas. Then after coming up with three-four topic ideas, consult with your capstone project mentor on the best approach to take.
- When looking for topics for your nursing capstone, do not go for straightforward ideas. Chances always are that they won't get approval from your professor.
We can all agree that even though making a successful nursing capstone project is laborious, picking the best capstone project idea from the onset makes the entire process seamless and successful. If you have trouble and need help, our qualified capstone writers can help you choose the best. We are a leading nursing capstone project writing service on the internet.
The Potential Sources to Get Creative Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Necessity is always the mother of invention. When the time comes for you to come up with ideas for your capstone project in nursing, you can always wonder where to look. However, here are some highlights of the best places to look for nursing capstone project ideas.
1. Nursing News Articles
Google Search makes it easy to search for recent news in any realm. Think about the issue of mental health among the homeless, elderly abuse in-home care, or mental health among veterans in the news. It can give you insights on what areas to focus on, depending on the community you come from. When you read through the news, you will most likely click on an idea that could be the best for your nursing capstone.
2. Peer-Reviewed Nursing Journals
As a focused nursing student, access to peer-reviewed article databases is a must. You are most likely an ardent reader of medical or nursing journals online. By way of research, you could also have accidentally stumbled or objectively found some useful insights from such journals.
Have you spent time reading recent publications in journals? What are some of the topics that strike you the most? Are there issues open to debate that relates to nursing or the clinical environment? Are there gaps in research that need to be understood? When objectively reading recent articles published in nursing and medical-related journals is a viable way to come up with worthy capstone project ideas for your nursing capstone projects.
3. Clinical Rounds
Clinical allows you to work with a preceptor and sometimes shadow your peers when there is a shortage. In this respect, you may have learned a great deal from the clinical. You can convert the knowledge on your experiences during your clinical rounds and when offering care to the patient. How did you feel? What were some of the challenges? What concepts worked, and which ones flopped? Did the clinical facility apply evidence-based practice or evidence-based nursing? Were the staff focused on patient-centered care? You can generate many ideas at the end of the day by just reflecting on your clinical.
4. Nursing Capstone Papers from Past Classes
You will most likely be paired with a graduate capstone student. You can also ask your instructor and friends who have been through the nursing capstone paper writing process.
Skim through the past nursing capstone papers and see if some ideas come to mind. You will notice that as you interact with the content, your mind will wander into insightful topic ideas for your capstone project.
5. Class Notes and Material
The course objectives are given before you commence a course that can also be a starting point to brainstorm for nursing capstone ideas. As you read the objectives, you will understand what the end project capstone paper must look like. Also, class notes and reading material can give you useful insights. Still, you can comb through your past nursing essays, research papers, concept papers, and term papers or case studies to get good nursing capstone ideas.
Related Reading : Learn how to write a nursing capstone paper from our comprehensive nursing capstone project guide for students at any level: BSN, MSN, or DNP.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
- The link between homelessness and mental health issues
- The efficiency of Yoga in maintaining mental health wellbeing
- Use of expressive art therapy for positive youth development
- Using CBT for PTSD affected veterans
- Impact of sexual abuse on children
- How domestic violence affects the children
- Culture-based mental health programs
- Impacts of bullying at the workplace for new nurses
- Development of a new mental health guide for educators
- The use of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric facilities
- Art therapy and mental health
- Causes of suicide among youths
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Ketamine infusion therapy
- Tobacco dependence
- Safety in the psychiatric centers
- Preventing falls in psychiatric facilities
- Substance abuse disorders
- Substance abuse among the geriatric population
- Health education approach for mentally ill patients
- Addressing stigma among carers and patients with mental health issues
- Mental health issues among the aboriginal populations
- Understanding postnatal depression among women
- Mental health nursing for adolescents
- Mental health scales best for children in prison
- Access to mental health services by aboriginals or a specific population
- Lateral violence among nurses
- Effectiveness of mental health services for deaf service users
- Outcome measures for an inpatient with mental health issues
- Mental illness and autonomous decision making
- Psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment
- Links between heritage, arts, museums, and mental health
- Impacts of teenage suicides
- Preparing student nurses to manage trauma in clinical settings
- Mental health simulation models for ADN students
- Are Intellectual Disability Nurses perceived differently from other nurses?
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
- Operating room nurses and compassion fatigue
- Burnout among anesthetists
- Surgical asepsis
- How to implement surgical smoke evacuation in the operating room
- States that require surgical smoke evacuation
- Improving the Health of Perioperative Nurses by Eliminating Surgical Smoke
- Complications of general anesthesia
- Roles and responsibilities of nurses in OT
- Fumigation of OT
- The Dangers of Electrosurgical Smoke to Operating Room Personnel
- Obstacles for implementing effective smoke evacuation procedures and preventive measures
- Causes and symptoms of Meningitis
- Arterial bypass surgery
- The Impacts of surgical smoke on the surgical staff
- Peripheral artery bypass
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Bariatric surgery intervention for obese patients
- Role of the clinical nurse coordinator
- Organ failure and transplantation
- Patient care involvement and intervention post-surgery
- Improving safety in operating rooms
- Operating room requirements and set up
- Complexity within the cardiac intensive care unit environment
- Burn nursing through surgical care
- Role of certified registered nurse anaesthetist (CRNA)
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgery
- Lyme diseases
- Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Celiac disease management
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Stem cells therapy in cancer
- Interventional cardiology and surgery
- Surgical interventions for neurogenic shock
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever
- Peptic ulcers disease management
- Angina pectoris management
- Cushing syndrome management
- Management of COPD
- Immunodeficiency disorder
- Dermatitis management
- Diabetic foot care
- Thyroid storm and crisis
- Insulin therapy
- Congenital heart disease
- Raynaud's diseases
- Phlebotomy procedure
- Digitalis therapy
- Post-operative nursing practice in Asccitis
- Pre and post-operative care for general surgery
- Minor and significant surgery: compare and contrast
- Post-operative complications
- An interdisciplinary approach to surgical interventions
- Role of ICU nurse
- Application of thermal heating to prevent intraoperative hypothermia
- Treatment of fire wounds
- Classification and management approaches to burn wounds
- Performing CPR
- Wound healing processes and management
Related: Psychology research paper topics .
Nursing Leadership Capstone Project Ideas
Here is a list of some nursing leadership ideas that can be a great starting point when choosing a creative topic for your nursing leadership capstone project.
Leadership is a great area that many researchers venture into. However, this does not mean that all the knowledge is exhausted.
When selecting the nursing leadership capstone topics, you need to be very keen not to choose a broad topic that will make you dilute the content of your nursing capstone project.
- Importance of charismatic leadership among nurse leaders
- The stress management approach for nurse leaders
- Professional development strategies for nurses
- Importance of ethical practice among nurse leaders
- Impact of nurse leadership on patient outcomes
- Significance of nurse leadership
- What is leadership from a nursing perspective?
- Long term and short-term goals for clinical leaders
- Theories that support nurse leadership
- Importance of nurse leaders in quality improvement projects
- How nurse leaders can initiate and manage change
- The link between nurse leadership and change management
- Nurse leadership: Passion or Duty?
- Role of transformational leadership among nurse managers
- Significance of communication among interprofessional team nurse leaders
- Impacts of nurse engagement and inclusion on patient outcomes
- Organizational strategies nurse leaders can use to motivate the healthcare personnel
- Challenges facing contemporary nurse leaders
- Role of nurse leaders in solving conflicts in clinical settings
- Nurse leaders as patient advocates
- Role of nurse leaders in preventing violence in emergency rooms
- How nurse leaders can address burnout among nurses
- Importance of having a personal leadership philosophy as a nurse leader
- Leadership in the U.S. Health system
- Influential nurse leaders in the political space
- Senators and governors who are nurses in the U.S.
- Role of nurse managers in healthcare
- Nurse leadership qualities and behavior
- Effective nursing leadership styles
- Leadership in nursing education
- Student nurses and leadership
- Top qualities of a great nurse leader
- Management styles in nursing
- Improving nursing leadership skills
- Interview with a nurse leader
- Strategies to Address the Shortage of Respiratory Therapists and Ventilators during Disaster
- Strength and weaknesses of charge nurses
- Role of nurse leaders in shaping public policy
- Leadership characteristics that represent excellence
- Defining leadership in nursing
- Training plan for nurse leaders
- Transactional leadership approach among nurses
- The future of nurse leadership
- How nurse leaders can ensure team leadership for the best collaboration in healthcare teams
- Traits of a great nurse leader
- Comparing and contrasting nurse leadership roles in private and public hospitals.
- Difference between accountability among nurse leaders in developed nations and developing nations
- Nurse leaders as change agents in healthcare settings
- Impact of recognition program on Registered Nurses motivation level
- Pharmaceutical Companies Overpricing Medication: Background and Policy Landscape
- The Roles of Nursing Organizations in Shaping the future of nursing
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Patient falls are an active area that is being continuously addressed by nurses.
As a DNP, MSN, or BSN student, you can easily choose a capstone project topic on patient falls and craft a well-written capstone project that can earn you the best grades.
When looking at the holistic issue of patient falls, there are measurement scales, contributing factors such as dementia, mental and physical health issues, age, or Alzheimer's, which you must take into account.
Different fall prevention and fall management strategies can also be an active area for research when undertaking your nursing capstone project. Here are some ideas:
- Prevention of patient falls through education
- Fall prevention strategies in home settings
- Fall prevention strategies in hospitals
- Potential causes of falls in hospitals
- Defining fall and fall risk patient
- The use of SPICES framework and FAMILY cards to assess old patients
- Nursing interventions to prevent falls
- Evidence-based practice falls intervention strategies in hospital settings.
- The use of video and camera monitoring to prevent falls among elderly patients
- The use of technology in fall prevention
- Hospital-Based Fall Program Measurement and Improvement in High-Reliability Organizations
- Role of hospital leadership in preventing patient falls
- Quality improvement program for reducing falls in medical-surgical units
- Factors contributing to psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
- Creating a safety culture that prevents falls
- Multifactorial fall risk assessment
- Healthcare Managers Role in Fall-Related Injury Prevention in Assisted Living Facilities
- Fall risk among osteoporosis patients
- Multifactorial interventions for the prevention of falls among elderly patients
- Use of exercise in reducing falls among elderly patients
- The Morse fall risk scale and its significance in fall risk assessment and management
- Characteristics of at fall risk patients
- Using engineering controls to prevent falls among patients and the elderly
- Outpatient fall risk assessment tool
- Effects of implementing evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
- Standardized fall risk assessment tool
- Medical staff attitude and knowledge about in-patient falls
- Patient fall rates in the acute care in-patient hospitals
- Patient fall education and patient safety
- Nurse education on patient falls and safety culture
- Strategies to reduce patient injuries from falls
- Fall prevention practices at home
- Environmental assessment and modification as a fall management strategy
- Home modification approach to falls management
- Impacts of the design of healthcare stings/environments on patient fall
- Physical environmental risk factors for elderly falls
- Home safety modifications to reduce fall injuries among geriatric patients
- Home environment assessment for elderly patients
- Safety awareness activities for elderly patients
- Strategies and tools to address patient falls in nursing homes
- Impacts of visiting home nurses on reducing in-patient falls
- Role of pharmacists in addressing patient falls
- An interdisciplinary approach to fall management in clinical settings
- Hourly Rounding and Fall Prevention among the elderly in long term care: A change process.
Women's Health Capstone Project Ideas
The area of women's health is also an active area of research where you can choose a creative nursing capstone idea.
For instance, it integrates breastfeeding nursing capstone ideas, sexual health, the general wellbeing of women, and healthcare access. Here are some suggestions or ideas:
- Preeclampsia among women
- Postpartum depression among women
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Addressing mental health among pregnant women in rural areas
- Smoking and pregnancy
- Infant mortality and preterm birth among African American women
- Teenage pregnancy
- Preventing pregnant women from Zika Virus
- The link between HPV and cervical cancer
- Mammography to detect breast cancers in women
- Gestational diabetes management
- Birth control approach among women
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Breast pumps and breastfeeding
- Using codeine and tramadol products in breastfeeding women
- Nutritional management during pregnancy
- Management of endometriosis
- Emergency contraception/ birth control
- Female genital mutilation and sexual health of women
- Impacts of fibroids on women
- Menopause in women
- Breastfeeding, work, and women of low socio-economic status
- Normal versus cesarean births
- Epidural in induced births
- Pelvic floor issues in women
- Constipation after cesarean surgery
- Urine incontinence in women
- Uterine cancer and fibroids in women
- Postmenstrual syndrome and hormonal changes
- Factors that influence the decision to breastfeed
- Use of supplements when breastfeeding
- Exclusive breastfeeding and immune levels of children
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
- HITECH Legislation and Electronic Medical Records in healthcare
- Data governance in healthcare settings
- Impacts of a healthcare data breach
- Use of Healthcare Information Technology to support evidence-based practice in nursing
- Importance of clinical support decision making systems
- The use of technology to bridge the nurse shortage gaps in rural areas
- Electronic health records in healthcare
- Nurse informatics competencies
- Meaningful use and HIT
- Health Information as a strategic resource in the Australian settings
- The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
- Healthcare management information system
- Collaborative decision making through shared governance in healthcare
- Ethics and data management in healthcare
- The use of big data in healthcare settings
- Robotics in surgery
- The use of electronic health records to offer patient-centered care
- Assisting recovering centers
- Role of nursing informatics in quality improvement
- E-learning as a professional development approach among nurses
- Developing digital literacies for nursing school students
- Barriers to competency development in nursing informatics
- Integrating health informatics to nursing education
- The use of smartphones in inpatient management and education
- The use of simulation for nursing students
- Adoption of transformative technology such as CDSS in clinical settings
- The use of big data in clinical research
- Use of electronic medical records in acute care
- Significance of mHealth apps on mental health care access by rural populations
- Nursing Faculty Perceptions on the Use of Computer-Based Virtual Simulation in an Associate Degree Nursing Program
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Patient Portal Underutilization influence by Ethnically and Low Income
- Reducing associated ventilator infections in hospitalized patients.
- Integration of healthcare systems
- The importance of taking the health history
- A disease common with the aged population
- Strategies to ensure healthy aging
- The use of music therapy to increase expressive language skills with increasing verbalizations or echolalia in limited verbal school-age children with autism spectrum disorder
- Employee-based health insurance
- Relationship between patient care and ability to pay
- Levels of evidence in nursing
- Legal and professional requirements for nursing progress notes
- Does pre-hospital rapid cooling of MDMA overdose improve clinical outcomes?
- Implementing the IOM future of nursing
- Impacts of organizational culture on the implementation of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Affordable care for all Americans- Revisiting the legislations
- Addressing healthcare disparity in the US
- Racial discrimination in healthcare delivery in the US
- Macro trends affecting the US healthcare system
- The attitude of Saudi Arabians toward their healthcare system
- Transforming from student nurse to registered nurse
- Patient advocacy and advanced practice
- The use of chlorhexidine to reduce hospital-acquired infections
- Improving the Process of Preventative Care in HMO Organizations for Better Outcomes
- Impact of leadership on health management
- Examining the Mental Health of Veterans
- Associate Degree Nurses Perceptions on Motivators and Barriers to Return to School for a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing
- Managing Complex Adaptive Healthcare Organisations (using the Theoretical Domain Framework - TDF)
Managed Nursing Care Topic Ideas for Dissertations, Term Papers, and Nursing Essays
- Identify the principal factors that determine what form and structure managed care organizations assume and how these factors influence plan design.
- Recognize the main aspects, features, and characteristics of health plans and how these components have changed over time.
- Forgoing treatment at end of life: Pediatric Euthanasia
- Recognize the range of health plans from the perspective of a continuum that moves through key variables as relative points of comparison from plan to plan.
- Recall the types of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that served as models for other forms of managed care organizations (MCOs) and predicted their future.
- Understand the fundamental principle behind all managed care health plans that balance cost and control.
- Know the general definition of Integrated Delivery Systems that can apply to various forms of IDSs.
- Describe the various types of Medicare Advantage plans both those that are quite popular and those that are less so.
- Identify the requirements managed care organizations must have in order to qualify for offering Medicare Advantage plans.
- Know what are core results managed care organizations, physicians, and health care organizations can expect from the effective operations of disease management
- Learn what connects consumerism, network development, and contract negotiation as major themes in managed care.
- Describe the social and economic factors and conditions that strongly promoted the rise of integrated delivery systems in this country.
- Recall the design and structure of such systems and how they function and operate comparing traditional delivery systems with today's approaches.
- Describe the various types of integrated delivery systems for physicians and hospitals/health systems.
- Learn why member service represents such a strong response to consumerism both in health care delivery and administrative services.
- Explain the scope of services and general operations of customer interactive
- Understand the two factors of geography and competition as they relate to network
- Explain the four major areas of contract negotiation and why each if so critically important to managed care.
- Recognize the close connection these systems have with managed care and how these connections are mutually beneficial.
- Understand the impact the Accountable Care Act will be having on IntegratedDelivery Systems.
- Identify the strategies used by managed care organizations to create effective physician change.
- Understand the principle formula of cost and how that impacts the various areas of quality in health care delivery.
- Share what are the case management guidelines frequently applied by the managed care industry in this quality-driven strategy.
- Recall the origins of disease management and the importance of population health, evidence-based medicine, and managed care alignment in its development.
- Identify the major components of disease management and how they operate using its fundamental definition to form this discussion.
- Describe the four major roles and functions of primary care physicians as understood by managed care organizations.
- Learn what are the three major focuses all utilization management programs have.
- Know the differences between utilization management in the past with what it means today and its current conceptual framework.
- Learn the definition of quality based upon the 2003 definition from the Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.
- Compare the descriptions of quality developed by Donabedian in the 1970s with what today's managed care industry understands it to be.
- Know what represents case management and what are its core goals.
- Identify what is the case management six-step process that is commonly used by managed care organizations.
- Understand the many changes that have happened to the original Medicare program due to legislation and regulation.
- Understand the concept of consumerism and what are the two major rationales for this concept.
- Describe what consumer-directed health plans are and how they relate to the broader category of managed care plans.
- Understand the essential value and need that information technology has for the managed care industry.
- Identify the key areas in which MCOs use information technology to achieve their major goals and strategies. Identify what are the drivers for both.
- Recall how managed care companies create their primary care networks and what represents key strategies in that development.
- Identify the core functions of physician credentialing, contracting, and network
- Explain what are the core content areas and strategies MCOs use for network
- Understand both the barriers and challenges faced by Medicaid as it tries to achieve its goal of covering uninsured Americans.
- Explain what Medicaid waivers are and what are the four most common types of waivers today.
- Describe the five areas that represent the most important arenas for applying information technology in managed care organizations.
- Identify the four initiatives common for information technology related to managed care organizations.
- Describe what is the foundational information technology system and why it is so central to the operations of MCOs.
- Explain the purpose and function of benefits configuration and employer group and member enrollment.
- Share what are the social norms operating with physicians and how best to change these norms to improve physician behavior.
- Describe what are the major barriers to changing physician behavior.
- Explain the purpose and function of premium management, provider enrollment contracting-credentialing, and claims payment.
- Explain the purpose and function of electronic data exchange, document imaging and workflow, and customer services.
- Explain the purpose and function of medical management and data warehousing.
- Share what connects Medicare, Medicaid, and employers together as it related to managed care.
- Describe what are similar agenda items for these three purchasers and what are differences they have regarding their agendas with managed care.
- Explain what has been happening to Medicare over the past 10 years that has significantly impacted it.
- Learn the ten significant characteristics of disease management programs.
- Describe the major benefits of disease management in a managed care environment for providers, insurance plans, and for the patients themselves.
- Share the major challenges facing disease management programs, as well as what are the incentives to promote DM.
- Describe what is the business plan component for disease management
- Identify what makes effective Medicaid plans citing the nine characteristics that are needed to do this.
- Describe how managed care organizations address the needs of employers in terms of grouping them.
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you are interested in emergency nursing, here are some critical topics and research project ideas you can use in your emergency nursing capstone project.
- Trauma-informed care for people presenting to the ED with mental issues
- Impacts of educating ED nurses about trauma-informed care for people presenting with mental health issues
- How to prevent overcrowding in the emergency departments
- Impacts of overcrowding in the hospital emergency departments
- Healthcare quality in the ED of hospitals
- Factors affecting patient flow in the ED
- Use of mobile applications to improve emergency response procedures
- How to reduce the emergency department stays for patients
- Emergency departments as the primary points of entry into healthcare
- Role of Emergency Departments in the care continuum management
- Addressing COVID-19 in the emergency departments during the pandemic
- Reorganizing Emergency Departments to address disasters and pandemics
- Trends in Emergency Department Visits and Hospital admissions during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Responsibilities of an Emergency room Nurse
- Patient classification systems in the Emergency Department settings
- Role of Emergency Nurses in Emergency Preparedness
- Role of emergency nurses in the management of chemotherapy-related complications
- Medication knowledge and willingness to nurse-initiate medications in an emergency department
- Addressing the Nurse Shortage to Improve the Quality of Patient Care in Emergency Departments
- Factors leading to the length of stay and boarding inpatients
- Infection control in the emergency departments
- Education to improve staff competence in the ED
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and open communication among ED nurses
- Incentive programs for the ED nurses
- Ergonomics and facility design of Eds
- Implementation of technology to improve patient care in ED
- Nursing Workforce Issues and Trends Affecting Emergency Departments
- Assessment and risk classification protocol for patients in emergency units
- Attitudes of emergency nurses in caring for older patients at an emergency department
- Use of Pediatric Telemedicine in the Emergency Departments
- Pediatric medication safety in the Emergency departments
- Use of MRI and CT in Paediatric emergency departments
- The efficacy of enema solutions in Paediatric Emergency Departments
- How student nurses view the emergency departments
- Utilizing six sigma in the emergency departments
- Lean thinking in the emergency departments
- Assessment tools for nursing workload in the emergency departments
- Violence in the Emergency Departments
- Role of ED nurses in patient advocacy and policy formulation
- Factors leading to frequent use of Emergency departments
- Incidence and Prevalence of burnout among emergency nurses
- Role of freestanding emergency departments in healthcare
- Do freestanding emergency departments alleviate congestion in hospital-based Eds?
- Freestanding Emergency departments and Medicare Costs
- Barriers to implementation of Telemedicine in Rural Emergency Departments
- Rehospitalization rates between rural and urban Emergency Departments
- Use of tele-emergency to reduce transfers on rural emergency departments
- Barriers to point-of-care ultrasound scans in rural Emergency Departments
- Impacts of decreased nursing staffing in Emergency Departments on throughput metrics
- Impacts of Point-of-care testing in the overcrowded emergency department
- Safe staffing for nursing in emergency departments
- Effects of mandated nurse-patient ratios on patient wait time and care time in the emergency department
- Hospital Strategies for Reducing Emergency Department Crowding
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Nurses are the most important cog in the wheel of healthcare. If you are passionate about administrative or human resources management in nursing, you can select these nurse burnout topic ideas for your capstone. Whether you are writing an MSN, BSN, or DNP capstone project, these topics are suitable. Remember to select an idea that interests you, one which can lead to your specialization.
- Causes and consequences of pediatric nurse burnout
- Predictors of nursing burnout in ED
- Occupational, psychological, and physical impacts of nursing burnout
- Prevalence of burnout among psychiatric nurses
- Burnout and the attrition rate among nurses
- Burnout syndrome in psychiatric oncology nurses
- Burnout in the Gastroenterology unit nurses
- Impacts of increasing patients on burnout among critical care nurses
- Burnout among the NICU nurses
- Work and Health Correlates of Sleep Quantity and Quality Among Correctional Nurses
- What is the effect of a stress-reduction intervention on correctional nurses work-related quality of life
- Burn out syndrome among medical interns
- Coping strategies for nurses experiencing burnout
- The link between workload and burnout among nurses
- Burnout Syndrome in Paediatric Nurses
- Prevalence of burnout, depression, anxiety, and stress in Australian midwives
- The Impact of Personal Religious and Spiritual Beliefs on the Mental Well-Being and Burnout of nurses
- Nursing burnout and quality of care
- Impacts of 1x1 meetings on nurse burnout
- The link between nurse burnout and patient satisfaction
- Strategies to prevent burnout syndrome among nurses
- How to assess burnout among nurses
- Can AI be used to assess burnout among nurses?
- Role of job shadowing and rotation in solving burnout among nurses
- Yoga as a self-care approach and strategy to prevent burnout
- Snack and Relax a strategy to address nurses' professional quality of life
- Effect of communication skills training on the burnout of nurses
- A brief mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for nurses and nurse aides
- Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral interventions in reducing occupational stress among nurses
- Impacts of nurse leader mindfulness meditation program in stress management
- Effects of the professional identity development program on the professional identity, job satisfaction, and burnout levels of nurses
- Impact of a meaning-centered intervention on job satisfaction and quality of life among palliative care nurses.
- Development and application of an overcoming compassion fatigue program for emergency nurses
- Impacts of support groups and coping to reduce nurse burnout
- Mindfulness training and burnout prevention among oncology nurses
- Passage meditation reduces perceived stress in nurses
- Explore Role of the Nursing Manager During a shortage of Nursing Staff in Elderly care home
- Exploring the role of Nurses antimicrobial stewardship programme in reducing antibiotics misuse and antimicrobial resistance
This overview provides a wide selection of MSN nursing capstone project ideas. You may use this information if you are currently working on creating a project
When you are preparing for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project, you may become overwhelmed by the number of ideas that come to mind. You may end up selecting a capstone project idea that is imperceptible and lacks online content
Most nursing students struggle to come up with their nursing capstone project ideas because they are not aware of what their supervisors expect them to discuss in their projects
Do you have problems deciding on an interesting topic for your capstone project on nursing? Listed below are ideas for a capstone project on nursing leadership that can be your starting point when selecting the best topic
Moreover, some students neither understand what is a capstone project in nursing. Luckily having enough spare time for making a gorgeous capstone project makes the task a bit easier but still rather complicated
Many students struggle writing their nursing capstone projects because they lack idea to write on. Listed are nursing capstone project ideas to use
We have compiled nursing capstone project ideas to help kick start your capstone writing process. From BSN to DNP, we have your back