10 best Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas in 2022
Table of Contents
- Samarth Mehrotra
- July 18, 2021
You are in your Computer Science engineering final year and looking for Computer Science Capstone project ideas to work on.
Great! We have got you covered.
These computer science project topics will help you get a better understanding of Computer Science and its applications.
But before getting started with the ideas, let’s get a rough idea of what Computer Science is?
- Computer Science deals with studying, developing, and maintaining computers and computer systems.
- Face Detection, Weather Forecasting Application, Personal Assistant, and Fitness Track are some of the best computer science project ideas.
- Online Auction System, Crime Rate Prediction, Hospital Management System are some of the project ideas that can be useful in daily life also.
Computer Science: An Overview
Computer science is a branch of science that deals with studying, developing, and maintaining computers and computer systems.
Coding, computation, data processing, network information security, web architecture, algorithm design, and mobile development are the essential skills that come under Computer Science.
If you’re a Computer Science student, you might have gained many technical and non-technical skills that can help in your career. One of the advantages of being a Computer Science student is, it opens many career opportunities for you.
IT consultant, Cyber Security consultant, Information systems manager, Database administrator, Multimedia programmer, Systems analyst, Games developer , Technical writer are some of the career options you can pursue being a computer science student.
With the fast-growing connected world, the demand for Computer Science is also growing.
Now, you may have a doubt, why work on project ideas?
So, working on the project ideas is the best way to understand Computer Science fundamentals and implement your theoretical knowledge. The project ideas include designing and developing various applications-based software products and services.
Also Read: Tips to Apply for an Internship in Computer Science
Computer Science Project Ideas
Here is the list of top 10 projects in Computer Science to work on:
1. Face Detection
One of the IT-based best project ideas for Computer Science students is Face Detection software, also known as Optical Character Recognition (OCR) System.
The project involves developing software to track faces in real-time, store the data and provide the flexibility to search and manipulate data.
The main project focus is to create a face detection program using the OpenCV library .
To run the program, you are required to install the OpenCV library. The project uses pre-trained XML classifiers to detect characters in real-time.
2. Online Auction System
As the name suggests, this Computer Science capstone project involves making an online platform where buyers and sellers can do business.
Under this project, you will create an online auction platform using the fraud detection method with binary classification.
For the users, it requests identification details like PAN CARD number, email address, license number. The system uses this to check the authenticity of the users and authorise them. Also, only authorised users are allowed to bid using this project.
3. Crime Rate Prediction
If you are familiar with the increasing number of crimes globally, this will be one of the best Computer Science project ideas for beginners to work on, and it can add cheers to your resume.
This project involves developing a prediction system that can analyse and predict the future crime rate. And the users are required to feed the previous record of criminal data.
So basically, the users have to feed the data in the system. It will analyse and draw insights such as the place of crime, people involved in crime, and the crime time. After that, it makes predictions for the future using the K-means data mining algorithm.
4. Weather Forecasting Application
If you have zero experience working on Computer Science projects, real-time weather forecasting applications can be the best idea to start implementing your theoretical knowledge.
The project’s objective is to develop web-based applications that can provide real-time weather information of a location, such as weather, current temperature, chances of precipitation.
It can also help you by telling if the day will be sunny, rainy or cloudy.
The project can be even helpful in testing your coding skills.
5. Search Engine
We can say it is among the best final year project ideas for IT students.
You might have used Google, Bing, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo to search for anything. Here you have to develop a search engine of your own.
To develop a search engine, the main ingredient is web annotation. It helps in making applications user-friendly.
You also have to make a custom algorithm for the search engine to display relevant results. Google, Yahoo have their custom algorithm for showing the output for search results.
6. Personal Assistant
You heard about Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant. That’s what you will be developing under this project.
But there is a slight difference, and this personal assistant will be specifically to help people use a computer easily.
Want to close an application, minimise a website, delete some applications or switch off the computer, you just have to give voice commands to the assistant.
And since this project works on MVC modules, it provides flexibility to make changes to enhance functionality. And you can also track the activity on your computer.
7. Android Battery Saver System
There is a feature in smartphones that tracks the usage of batteries by various applications. You might have seen the alert while using the smartphone.
Under this project, you have to develop that feature only. You can make a battery saver system using Android Studio.
The objective of this system is to alert the user about the applications that are high on power consumption and provide flexibility to users to stop those apps from consuming too much power.
8. Course Movement on Object Motion
This computer science project idea for college students is an AI-based project and can be interesting for you if you are interested in robotics.
Under this project, you have to design a cursor that moves through the desktop and commands based on hand gestures. It will be based on the RGB (Red, Green and Blue) colour that detects your hand gestures and functions as the mouse.
It also uses the webcam to record the gestures, converting that image into a binary image used by RGB to take desired actions. Also, you have to feed in necessary data to take desired actions from the hand gestures.
9. Hospital Management System
In a place like Hospital, it can be complicated to keep track of all the patients and access an individual patient’s data in no time.
That’s what you will be developing in this Computer Science capstone project idea—a system to keep track of all information related to patients and staff members also.
It will automatically assign a unique ID to each patient entry and help hospital officials view and access data whenever needed.
10. Fitness Track
Like the above hospital management system, this system can be used to keep track of your fitness.
Under this project, you will make an app that allows users to create in their avatar and keep track of all the physical activities they do daily, such as walking, eating, or exercising.
And whenever the user completes the desired task, they will be rewarded with some points.
Also Read: 15 New Computer Science Project Ideas
Conclusion: 10 best computer science capstone project ideas
So, these are some of the best Computer Science project ideas to work on in 2022.
Computer Science is a very vast field to explore. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, programming languages and the list can go on.
Face Detection, Weather Forecasting Application, Personal Assistant, and Android Battery Saver System are good project ideas for beginners.
This list of Computer Science project ideas can be beneficial for you in your daily life also.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should one work on project ideas.
Working on a project helps you get a better understanding of the field and lets you implement your theoretical knowledge.
What are some of the best project ideas for Computer Science students?
We hand-picked the best computer science project ideas for the students in the above blog.
What are some of the best platforms to learn Computer Science?
GitHub, Codecademy, Skillshare, UpGrad and Verzeo are some of the best online platforms to learn the various topics of computer science.
Liked Our Article? Share it
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Connect With US
Future of Learning for Kids
What is an API? Check out how an API works! An Interesting Read
All you should know about The 3 Types of Electric Vehicles
Have a suggestion sent it to us now.
Find the right learning path for yourself
Talk to our counsellor, we are featured on.
- [email protected]
- +91-83606 82123
Verzeo is an online learning platform offering students a holistic learning experience, help them become Industry ready
- Terms & Conditions
- Check Your Certificate
- Campus Ambassador
3rd Floor, 14th Cross Rd, Sector 6, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560102
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
100 Best Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas: Holy Grail for Students
Updated 01 Feb 2023
Where to find the computer science capstone project ideas? In addition to being relevant, your topic should demonstrate your knowledge and the ability to apply it in practice. Below we will share with you a list of 100 topics for your capstone project. Thanks to this, you can definitely choose the one that suits you best.
What is a Computer Science Capstone Project?
A computer science capstone project is an assignment that represents the ultimate academic and intellectual experience for students in their final year of high school or those completing their academic program. It is very important to choose the right topic since you will have to apply the knowledge gained during several years of study to some urgent problem. Looking for a legal essay writing service ? We make sure that you get the best!
Now that you know what is a capstone project , let's take a look at its structure:
- Problem actualization and literature overview.
- Problem solving techniques.
- Obtained results.
How to Choose the Right Topic and How to Be Inspired?
Your topic should demonstrate as much as possible the knowledge and skills that you are really good at. Here are some guidelines to help you come up with really worthwhile cs capstone project ideas.
Start with a brainstorming session
Remember what particular class topics were especially interesting for you, discuss the topics that your friends have already chosen. This will help you understand in which section of computer science to look for a suitable option. Remember: if you'll run out of time or ideas, it is completely normal to buy assignment from a trusted custom writing service.
Explore similar projects
Now is the time to study existing projects on a similar topic. You may be able to continue and expand research started by someone. Looking for the best law essay writing service ? We're cheap, legal and fast.
Narrow your searches
Instead of reviewing fairly broad capstone project ideas for information technology , try a specific example. This way you can apply both theoretical and practical knowledge.
Ask your scientific advisor for help
Perhaps your scientific advisor will help you in choosing a topic for your project. He or she will also most likely recommend relevant literature to you.
100 Best Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
Below we have prepared 100 capstone project ideas for computer science.
- Object-oriented programming.
- SQL Server Database backup.
- Video sensors via face recognition.
- WA projects in interface creation.
- Model-based programming languages.
- IT technology in construction.
- Histograms based on sample data.
- High-level programming methods.
- Initial data and app protection.
- Corporate apps in .NET platforms.
- Modeling of systems with distributed parameters
- Using PowerShell for file system monitoring
- Development of an information system for bank customers
- Designing of digital models in electricity metering systems at the enterprise
- Overview of the modern programming languages. Their practical application
- Using numerical methods in programming tasks
- Recognition of road signs using a neural network
- Development of a warehouse management system for a pharmacy
- Development of a database for automating the activities of a public catering organization
- Development of a software package for messaging over a local network
- Methods for automating the processing of personal data
- Analysis of recursive search algorithms in data arrays
- Dynamic libraries for website development
- Implementation of algorithms for finding a path in a graph
- Comparison of sorting algorithms in Haskell
- Website development with responsive design using HTML + CSS
- Compilation theory
- Approximation methods and their software implementation
- System programming. Principles of building system programs
- Building of cubic splines
- Using a block cipher algorithm
- Development of 3D configurators for the site
- Elementary transformations over matrices and their software implementation
- Building the maximum flow in the network
- Comparison and updating of popular encryption algorithms
- RAD methodology for software development
- Asynchronous programming in Python
- Algorithm for transitive closure on a graph
- Queue: ways of implementation. Operations with the queue
- Functions for managing processes: creating, terminating, scheduling in Linux environment
- Development of an interactive system for database processing
- The use of artificial intelligence in the stock market
- Creating a Hopfield neural network in C ++
- Software implementation and analysis of data packing algorithms
- Distributed information processing systems
- Solving nonlinear equations by inverse interpolation
- Development of a program for encryption using steganography method
- Approximation of polynomials using a neural network
- Development of a program in C++ for polynomial interpolation of a function using the Lagrange method
- Implementation of algorithms for regression data analysis in C#
- Development of a program to find a way out of the n x n maze
- Development of a program to change the parameters of the file systems
- Development of a program in C++ for integrating functions by the Gaussian method
- Comparative analysis of lossy compression algorithms
- Analysis of the coverage area of a particular ad-hoc network
- Software implementation of factorization using the Kronecker method
- Methods and algorithms of translators in domain-specific languages
- Critical parameters of risk distribution using Newton's method
- Development of a network application for encrypting files based on the asymmetric RSA algorithm
- Development of an application for calculating physical formulas
- Server-side web technologies
- The Tkinter module for GUI app development
- Graphic systems in computers
- Implementation of an interactive system for working with a database in a Linux environment
- The task of developing, debugging, and experimental testing of the system auxiliary multithreaded programs
- OpenGL. Implementation of various image space effects
- Development of an intelligent agent for working with a semantic knowledge base
- Principles of building archivers
- Linked lists and file operations
- Compression algorithm for images with a variable compression ratio
- Finding the function’s minimum (maximum) using the Fibonacci method. Its software implementation
- Data preprocessing for predicting the values of financial market indicators
- Computational geometry algorithms and their software implementation
- Big data analysis for management systems. Forecasting credit solvency
- Generation of all subsets of a given set
- Basic browser core with HTML and CSS support
- Solving a system of linear equations using the Gauss method for float-type variables
- Software implementation of the TWIN encryption algorithm
- Administration of Apache Web-server on Linux OS
- Development of the file sorting module
- Data analysis using Google Faces API
- Priority queues: implementations and comparison of approaches
- Math modules in Python: statistics
- Comparative analysis of chatbot constructors
- Development of a control app for peripheral equipment
- Implementation of the decision tree algorithm. Decision tree in classification problems.
- Development of a site security system for file interaction and messaging
- OpenCV: comparison of SURF and SIFT feature detectors and extractors
- Development of an app for finding the variance, kurtosis, asymmetry, interval, minimum, maximum in the sample
- Backtracking algorithms and their non-recursive implementations
- Basic structures of algorithms: comparative analysis and examples of their use
- Business intelligence with R-packages
- Functions for managing processes: creation, completion, scheduling in Linux environment
- Information security and information protection
- Linear hashing with partial expansions
- Automation of receiving data from the site via API
- Development of an information system in Delphi
- Protecting a web application from malicious attacks
- Software implementation of the Caesar cipher with a keyword
- Development of a file manager on Win32 API C++ with the functions of creating, deleting, and searching for files
We hope we helped you to find really good computer science capstone project ideas. Are you looking for someone who will do it for you? You are in the right place! Visit our сapstone project writing service for more details.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, our best picks of capstone project ideas for information technology.
A capstone project, capstone experience, senior exhibition, or culminating project is an essential academic assignment for students. This culminati...
What is a Capstone Project & Things to Know
You might be already familiar with the role of capstone in architecture or engineering as it represents the crowning construction or a certain culm...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
- How It Works
- Write my homework
- Sociology assignments
- Excel homework
- Online exam help
- Take my online class
- Online test help
- Java homework
- Hire a nerd
- Python homework
- Science homework
- C++ homework
- Case study assignment
- Matlab homework
- Math assignments
- Algebra homework
- Geometry homework
- Chemistry assignments
- Physics assignments
- Statistics homework
- Programming Assignment
- Linguistics assignments
- History assignments
- Economics assignments
- Accounting homework
- Computer science assignments
- English assignments
- Finance assignments
- Homework answers
- Biology assignments
- Homework tips
- Buy assignment
- Do my homework for money
- Solve my homework
- Assignment writer
- College homework help
- Academic subjects
- Nursing assignment
- Psychology homework
- Literature assignment
- Trigonometry homework
- Marketing assignment
- Engineering assignment
- Business homework
- Calculus homework
- Law assignment
- Assignment writing service
- Discussion board post
- Best homework help websites
100 Outstanding Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
Whenever the question pops up, ‘who can do my computer science capstone project’ one will only settle for expert writers. Why is this so? The magnitude and extent of such a project do not allow for any mediocre writing service. Only the best!
Before we embark on the topic ideas, we will explore some foundational guidelines to bring you up to speed with what this is all about.
What is a Computer Science Capstone Project?
It refers to a technical writing project that students undertake to crack a substantial problem. They do this using the knowledge gained from the many areas in computer science. It tells you that a capstone is not your ordinary ‘about me’ essay.
Students will have to conduct the following in this paper:
- define a problem,
- develop a solution,
- produce and demonstrate a model that solves the problem
Therefore, you will have to go out of your way to identify knowledge gaps in computer science and offer solutions. Since this form of writing is a stepping stone to your next level of study, there is no room for mediocrity.
That is why you need to extensively do your research to develop an exciting and comprehensive computer science capstone topic.
How To Write a Computer Science Capstone Project
The technicality of this subject makes it hard for most students to write on it effectively. However, you will finish this paper with the easy to follow the guidelines below in no time. Let us delve right into now:
Select your topic: Have a topic that interests you and adds value to the readers. It will determine whether you will complete the paper in time or not. Write your introduction: It forms the foundation of your report. Have a well-focused thesis statement that addresses the topic precisely. Literature review: Show the relevant sources you used during your research with the knowledge gained. Identify the areas of need that you got from the existing documents. The research methodology: Write on the steps you took to arrive at your findings. Which methods did you use, and why? Did they help you find an answer to your research problem? Results of the research and discussion: What did you identify from the research? Is it in line with your hypothesis? If no, what are the new findings? Conclusion and recommendations: Sum up your paper by giving a summative statement showing if you solved the problem or not. You can suggest areas that need further research. References: Provide a list of your references using the appropriate citation and referencing style.
Are you now ready for a list of comprehensive computer science capstone ideas? Scroll down.
Software Capstone Project Ideas Computer Science
- Computer software patterns for configuration management
- Real-time technologies for software development in 2022
- How to expand enterprise software, services, and solutions
- Analyze the gaps in software architecture patterns
- Next Generation software systems and their potential impact
- Performance analysis of software programs and their productivity
- Object-oriented programming and its impact on software systems
- Software interactive systems: how to make them more effective
- How to deal with software security threats through Spyware
- Effective software models for game programming
Computer Science Senior Capstone Project Ideas
- Trusted image dissemination techniques and their effectiveness
- How to integrate database queries and web searches in a system
- Ways of compiling high-level access interfaces for big organizations
- The role of content-based image retrieval in back-up systems
- Latest digital library technologies used in colleges and universities
- How to conduct parallel query optimization for websites
- Is large-scale interoperation and composition useful today?
- How to use scalable knowledge composition in schools
- Ways of dealing with privacy and database threats in companies
- Weaknesses of the computational game theory
Best Capstone Project Computer Science Ideas
- How to manage and analyze large volumes of dynamic and diverse data
- Current database management systems for XML websites
- Potential strategies for integrated data management
- Accuracy of distributed dependable systems
- How to model complex computer systems for workplaces
- Distributed reliable control systems design patterns
- Accuracy of Agent-Oriented Software Engineering systems
- Innovative means of designing multi-agent systems
- Methods of software engineering and the latest soft computing tools
- Solutions to the emerging E-commerce challenges
Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas For Mobile Apps and Website Development
- How to create bug-free mobile apps
- Why do third party applications form the majority of mobile apps
- How to use Android smartphones as signal generators
- Latest technological advancements in SDR for mobile apps
- Designing and building a home automation system in Android
- The increasing demand for smart IoT-powered home systems
- The use of Bluetooth technology for creating chat systems
- Security checks to conduct during website development
- Impressive development tools for a working website
- The role of HTTP, networks, and servers in web development
Capstone Project Ideas in Computer Science – Mark-Up Languages
- The best nesting elements for HTML
- Importance of whitespace in HTML systems
- The anatomy of a link and how it helps in page accessibility
- Best practices when creating HTML links
- How to best structure an HTML form for effectiveness
- Embedding techniques that are a game-changer in web development
- Why are drop-down menus preferred over buttons?
- Importance of character encoding, description, and SEO
Computer Science Capstone Project Examples
- How to create an intruder detection scheme for a warehouse
- Securing transactions in online businesses
- How to monitor stock and sales using computer systems
- How to optimize software for data mining
- Creating motion detection systems in mobile phone applications
- How do programmers use Java to create fire alarm systems
- How to monitor remote workers using data synchronization
- How to quickly access a remote PC
- Importance of face recognition systems in forensic research
- How to create a barcode generation software
CS Capstone Project Ideas
- The essence of data mining in information logistics systems
- How to carry out proper system analysis
- Using the game theory to examine algorithms
- Effective measures of enhancing memory optimization for games
- Discuss the importance of using General Prediction
- File compression systems and how they affect image quality
- Sophisticated computerized registration software systems
- Systems that allow for coordinated relations between supply and sales
- The evolution of digital convergence and IT Improvement
- How to attack Vector Linux and the possible implications
Computer Science Senior Project Ideas – Systems Theory
- Principles of organizing and building a computer
- How to perform operations using the Digital logic on hardware
- How to improve the effectiveness of computer processors and FPGAs
- Multi-Processing systems in pipelines, and multi-core systems
- How to make the idea of computing available in all micro-devices such as cellphone and palmtops
- Easy systems engineering approaches to designing computer systems
- How operating systems effectively link hardware and software
- How to analyze computer systems performance
- How to provide security to computer users and their information.
- Making use of entities for storing, managing, and processing data.
Computer Project Ideas For Beginners
- Modern human-computer interfaces and their effectiveness
- Significant obstacles to operating methods in computer systems
- How to improve education with the use of computing functions
- Latest banking real-time systems that work
- Software systems used to create mobile phone-based apps for independent living
- How to effectively control Dynamic Hybrid Systems in the 21st century
- Dynamic FPGA objects and how they are helping to shape the world of computing
- Automated verification of reasoning and its use in banking halls
- Computer systems for tracking employees in a fast-food delivery company
- Enhancing communication security at a low-cost scheme
Bonus Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
- The effective of SQL computer systems
- Making use of XML systems in a Wrapper Construction
- Is the Click and Drop diagram maker effective?
- How to effectively cauterize and utilize computer Algorithms
- What are the basics behind computer mining system of online data
- How to create and easy to use, feature-rich mobile web page for students
- What is the Battlefield Strategy Game, and what is the algorithm behind it?
- Using Graphic Zipper in multimedia systems
- The Pros And Cons Of visualization for open source
- Creating low-cost online schemes
It is not easy to handle such an assignment without quality capstone project writing help. Such assistance will not only give you writing ideas but custom computer science capstone projects as well.
Do not say to yourself that ‘I do not need help with my capstone project.’ Everyone needs it for your information – beginners, seniors, and even professionals. Get the best online writing help today at cheap rates and complete your assignment on time.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Computer Science Capstone Projects
Students in introductory biology courses must demonstrate their understanding of biological systems by developing graphical models of such systems (e.g., food chains, signaling pathways, metabolic networks). This web-based system will support students' creation and revision of such diagrams, will support the course staff in reviewing the diagrams and providing embedded feedback, and will provide analytics that might support educational research.
The goal is to develop a system that allows for medical remote evaluation of patients using biometric data (e.g. heart rate, activity, sleep) from existing commercially available wearable devices (e.g., a Fitbit). The system will rely upon a patient's mobile phone for the communication link from the device to the remote electronic medical records, and will allow physicians to remotely monitor and communicate with patients. The system may also calculate additional variables derived from the primary data such as variability of heart rate and activity and to alert a physician to detection of critical levels.
Genome assembly refers to the process of taking a large number of DNA fragments and putting them back to create a representation of the original chromosomes from which the DNA originate. De novo genome assembler attempts to reconstruct genomes from its genomic sequencing data without using reference genomes. Recently developed high-throughput sequencing technologies generate very large scale DNA fragments that enhance the correctness of genome assembly, but those large scale datasets are computationally expensive.
To cope with massive sequence data generated by next-generation sequencing machines, a highly scalable and efficient parallel solution for genome assembly is important. In this capstone project, we will implement a scalable genome assembler using Apache Spark on Cloud. Apache Spark is a cutting edge open-source cluster computing framework for large-scale data processing. Apache Spark provides GraphX API that is a distributed graph processing framework on top of Spark. The GraphX enabled us to easily distribute a very large overlapping graph into several virtual machines and process the big graph. This very large-scale sequence analysis can be adapted not only for genome assembly but also for many other scientific domains.
A major challenge with this project is the issue of "stemming" words. If a dictionary only recognizes the singular form of a word, for example, it would be difficult to define a word such as "oxen," or "geese." By the final version of this program, this plugin will be able to define words in both English and Spanish.
The project is to be a software system for the storage of symbolic languages, codes, shorthands, etc.It will be designed and tested using my personal symbolic shorthand code Kaetzi. The software will take a symbol input (drawn with a mouse via writing tablet) and store it as private use data, displayable with a font (i.e. an image, which consists of the symbol only, without a background). The database of symbols is to be searchable by keyword.
The goal is to mine the changelog history on Wikipedia and extract the most frequent spelling and grammatical errors in three separate languages. Then, (1) turn this into a proofing tool to avoid the same errors in the future, and (2) analyze and publish the results to help language teachers focus on the most common mistakes.
The first portion of the project will be project management and data mining for changelogs. Unix tools and regex will most likely be used to format these logs. The second part of the project will consist of turning the results into usable correction tool for word processing. This will be implemented with the OpenOffice API. The API will allow for multiple suggestions for commonly misspelled words.
A tool to examine bus routes in St. Louis County, overlaid on Google maps, with imagery. The tool will also allow bus stop rating through a checklist of essential traits the stop has. This tool will assist in checking the quality of the stops, and be a foundation to persuade improvement of bus stops from Metro organization.
We will build a game of the first person "rail" shooter genre. In this game, players will be kept on a guided path as they battle through enemies. The game will require cooperation from two players, and the players will interface with the game via gaming joysticks.
Unlike most first person shooters, this game will attempt to abstract core elements of the genre so that our game does not simulate the killing living beings. Thus, the enemies of the game will be drones, and the environment of the game will be set in cyberspace. The artwork for the game is inspired from the movie Tron Legacy, and thus, it will feature of simple geometrical shapes with a color scheme that is composed of black and bright neon colors.
The game will be built via the Unity Game engine, and we anticipate that the code for the game will be written in C#. Furthermore, game objects will be constructed using a 3D modeling software called SketchUp.
In addition to building the software for the game, we will also be constructing a physical shell for the game like most arcade machines. The players will sit side by side in an encapsulation. A computer will be housed inside the encapsulation, and it will be tasked with running the game.
Android app that can take a picture of a target from a gun range and locate the bullets. It offers up corrections to help increase the shooting accuracy.
This will be an Android app to allow patients to maintain a list of medications, alongwith information about each medication, and notifications when to take them.Optionally, we will create a doctor database with links to medication and contact information.
This project targets the design and implementation of a survival-defense game with Unity 3D.The game will be a third-person overhead combination of levels and monster wave generation.The player will move around the map and collect ammo, health, and currency while defending against a variety of enemies with different attributes coming in wave pattern attacks. As the levels progress, the waves become harder and harder, and it will be the goal of the player to survive as long as possible. A good example of such a game may be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8pEH48JnY. My game, while similar in fundamental nature, will contain significant differences, including a full upgrade system allowing he player to collect currency from slain creatures and spend it on upgrades between rounds in order for them to survive higher levels. The game design and coding will be done in Unity, while the models and textures will be done in Blender and/or 3dsMax. Some models may be obtained from Unity Asset Store as well. The target platform for the game will be the computer (PC and Mac) initially, but I believe the nature of the game will port well to mobile devices.
The app is designed for users to have the ability to create certain machines/equipment workout routines based on the equipment available to them. (What's the point of looking up workout routines online with certain machines/equipment if the user doesn't have that same equipment available to them?) The app includes a database with tables including SLU equipment, exercises, muscle groups, etc.
The main purpose of this project is to better understand a machine scheduling problem. Traditional competitive analysis for the problem can be viewed as a two-player game, with one player releasing jobs to the second player who chooses to schedule them among m machines. Viewing this problem as a game allows us to use alpha-beta pruning to help analyze scheduling algorithms. The first step is to create an alpha-beta pruning search algorithm in Java that is generic for two-player games. This allows us to run alpha-beta algorithm on different turn based games, such as Tic Tac Toe. Once the search algorithm is implemented, we can use it on the scheduling problem game to analyze scheduling algorithms. The next step will be to create the rules of the scheduling game to run the alpha-bete pruning search algorithm on it. We view the game as two players that take turns, one assigns jobs to be scheduled and the other schedules the assigned jobs. Once we are finished with creating the rulesfor the scheduling problem game, we can use the generic alpha-beta pruning search algorithm to analyze algorithms. We use a competitive ratio, which is the number of jobs the optimal solution can assign divided by the number of jobs the scheduling algorithm actually assigned. The point of the game is to have one player assign jobs to force the largest possible competitive ratio, while the other schedules jobs to get the smallest possible competitive ratio. The alpha-beta pruning search algorithm allows us to search for the lowest possible competitive ratio possible to analyze the algorithms.
The purpose of this project is to create a robot arena fighting game (in the vein of Battlebots), but with an emphasis on making the robots user- programmable. This would entail creation of a very simplistic programming system, from which users could create their own programming modules for controlling their bots. In essence, the underlying goal of the project is to create a new avenue for kids and even adults to learn about programming in a fun and interesting way. This is a new area of game software and every addition could help. As the key aspect of this game is the programmability of the bots, the primary focus of the game development lies there. The desire is to create a simple programming language for creating modules to control bots, and then a drag-and-drop system for populating the bots with these modules. Should the drag-and-drop system prove infeasible in the allotted time, a fallback approach of using drop- down menus to select options is also perfectly acceptable. However, some other game aspects are also needed to complete the game. These game components may be done more simply: - Implementation of an arena game map, to provide a setting for the robot fighting - Simple unit models for representing the bots - A turn-based combat system sufficient to demonstrate the programmable nature of the bots, and to demonstrate the different features of their programmability. This game will be built using one of the popular game engines, such as Unity or Unreal Engine, to be selected as deemed appropriate by the student.
Streams is an Android app that will allow users to view live streams of images based on geolocation by implementing the Google Maps framework and the TwitterStreaming API. The app will populate streams of images by taking image content from geo-tagged tweets. That will be viewable via a constantly updating graphical interface provided by Google Maps.
The goal of this project is to create a Turn-Based Strategy (TBS) game using the Unity game engine. The vision for the game is akin to the classic game Risk, but with the addition of resource gathering and a monetary system. Some of the specific aspects of the project needed for this strategy game include: - Enemy AI for controlling the computer-controlled players - Implementation of one or more game maps, which indicate which players control each of the regions - A combat system for managing attempts by players to take other players regions - A game GUI for showing the game map and indicating the amount of resources available to the player - Tools for gathering, managing, and using a player's resources (such as armies, gold/money, and gather able resources like wood, ore, etc.)
The project will be a mobile fitness app targeting people interested in learning proper form and tracking their progress.
In this project, we will be building a web application, which will an eBook Reader with added features. These features will include the ability to highlight text and either make a comment about that particular text or post a question about it. Users will be able to see these highlighted posts and respond/interact with these posts in a similar fashion to stack overflow. Additionally users will be able to upload their own documents, which can be shared with a certain group of people who can then use these features. As well, users can filter what kinds of posts or posts from specific types of users.
This project's goal is to develop a Web-Based application that helps an instructor to teach students to program numeric, algebraic, and trigonometric expressions.
The goal of the project is to design and implement an image segmentation and structural analysis software toolset that will segment a series of cervical spine CT images, identify the spinal canal, and measure the structure of the spinal canal. Java and ImageJ will be used to implement the toolset. Some of the specific aspects of the project needed for this segmentation and analysis toolset include: - Assess the segmentation performance of a variety of segmentation algorithms in segmenting spinal CT images, and identify the most capable algorithms for segmenting the spinal canal. - Learn the ImageJ Java application toolset and library, and how new applications of ImageJ are created as plug-ins to the main toolset. - Implement one of the more effective segmentation algorithms in ImageJ. - From the segmentation results, use line and/or curve detection on the interior walls of the bones surrounding the spinal column, and connect those lines/curves to form the boundary of the spinal canal. - For each slice (single image) in a series of spinal CT images, compute the spinal canal width at each point along the spine. From the distribution over all slices, identify the expected spinal canal width. - Provide a GUI that visualizes the segmentation results and highlights the spinal canal.
NOTE: The project may assume the existence of sagittal spine CT images (i.e. side-view slices of the spine). It is not a requirement that series of transverse/axial (top-down view) or coronal (front-view) CT images be converted to sagittal view (though students may wish to use such an ImageJ plug-in, if such already exists).
The goal of the project is to create a GUI for the CGMiner tools, which is a software suite for mining Bitcoin transactions. "Mining" - the process of adding transaction records to Bitcoin's public ledger of past transactions - is a difficult resource-intensive task, the purpose of which is to enable the network to reach a secure, tamper-resistant consensus for each of the transactions. It has been found that GPUs are particularly well suited to the task of mining, and so CGMiner provides an open-source software suite allowing any interested user to beging perform mining using their AMD GPU card. The CGMiner tools are solely command-line driven tools, and require considerable parameterization to appropriately install and use. As such, the purpose of this project is to create a CGMiner dashboard - a GUI allowing users to more easily setup and monitor their mining with the CGMiner. This dashboard would provide a variety of features for effectively setting up and controlling CGMiner, including a setup and control panel and GPU temperature monitoring. The temperature monitor would provide a graph of the GPU's temperatures over time, including average and max temperatures of the graphics cards, and a temperature shutoff should the GPU become too hot. The dashboard setup and control panels would provide GUI controls both for initial setup and dynamic control of the CGMiner tools, including GPU speed, thread concurrency, work size, memory speed, intensity, fan speed, etc. The dashboard would initially target a single graphics card, with the intent of extendingcontrol to multiple graphics cards through CGMiner.
The goal of this project is to rehaul the website, making all pages follow similar template and add more functionality. Includes adding access to data stored in Excel spreadsheet ith ability to search through and request things like an online catalog of specimens. To request, must trade equal number of samples from equal number of genera and species. Include ability to select species and image and description will pop up.
The project goal is to perform a thorough design space analysis of a number of popular image segmentation algorithms. Such analysis first requires collecting image segmentation results over the full range of the parameter design space for a few popular image segmentation algorithms (e.g. Mean Shift, Normalized Min Cuts, etc). The segmentation resultswill then be analyzed by Prof. Fritts segmentation evaluation toolset, which quantitatively evaluates the qualify of the segmentation results using a variety of evaluation metrics. With the quantitative evaluation data, a software toolset will be developed that performs parameter space correlation and multivariate kernel density estimation to identify trends and data clusters that best characterize the algorithm's performance. While outside the scope of this project, this design space analysis will greatly facilitate unbiased selection of sample segmentations for use in subjective human studies on segmentation evaluation.'
Cs1 graphics is a Python module that wraps the Tkinter graphics package to make use of graphics more accessible for students in introductory computer science courses. The most recent release (cs1graphics 1.2) is an alpha version that lacks robust support for many advanced features such as multi-threading. The project will entail thorough perusal of, understanding, documenting, and updating the current code, while paying special attention to the threading model and internal architecture and design of the system. These combined activities will allow for strengthening the robustness of the package, as well as in time, reintroducing support for more advanced features that are missing from the alpha, and new functionality.
The project is to design and implement a management portal for the Shawnee Lodge, an internal group inside the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. This project will be in the form of a web portal that will allow members to register and keep their information up to date. The different units inside the Lodge will be able to have certain reporting abilities that will be outlined in the Requirements and Design document. Main users of this portal will be the members of the Lodge, the administrative staff of the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America and the Lodge and Chapter Leadership. This system should be a roles based accesssystem where access will be controlled by roles.
The objective of this project is to establish a database and interface for faculty members in the department of Theology to enter data. This data is critical for faculty reviews and the current process by which the data is collected is time consuming and not very efficient. The goal is to improve that and streamline the data collection process.
This project employs extensive financial market data to analyze portfolio allocation based on a variety of popular technical indicators.
We want to build an Android app that will help with school. We want to make a check-in system for classes and a homework tracker. The check-in system would use the user's location to verify that they are in class. The homework tracker would allow the student to add and track their homework, as well as possibly turn in their homework to the professor or receive homework from their professor via a bluetooth transmission. We also want to use alerts to notify the user of homework due datesand classes. We will prioritize making features for the students first and then iftime permits we will add a separate account type for professors. Therefore, all professor features discussed in the requirements will be optional.
The project will be creating a cell phone application that prevents the driver from cell phone use, but allows passengers to use their phones. To do this, we will lock phones based on geolocation speed and provide phone unlock functions with bluetooth/wifidirect and image recognition.
The goal of this project is to build an EEG device that uses electrodes on the scalp to measure brain activity. The EEG will be composed of a Raspberry Pi microprocessor that receives input stimuli from electrodes attached to the patient. One (or more) electrodes will be placed on the scalp, two at various grounding points, and a final 60Hz ground antenna to help eliminate background noise. The microprocessor will sample the voltage level at the electrodes at periodic intervals and then perform a 1-D FFT to convert the sampled time domain signal to the frequency domain, which will facilitate further data analysis. The scalp electrode(s) will be sampled at a rate of at least 100kHz and input to the microprocessor with an ADC (analog-to-digital converter) that's at least 12-bits wide. A true differential input is desired for obtaining the clearest signal. All the signal processing will be done in software. Given the high-speed sampling and the processing needs for 1-D FFT, the Raspberry Pi system has been selected for this project. It has the requisite sampling ability, is able to receive data at 150KB/s, and has sufficient memory and processing ability to store the data, perform the 1-D FFT over time slices of data, and still have processing time remainingfor further data analysis.'
While BackTrack requires a modified kernel for drivers of adapters to use promiscuous mode and so forth, TAILS is designed form the bottom up for encryption, privacy, and anonymity. The intention of AttackVector Linux is to provide the capability to anonymize attacks while warning the user when he or she takes actions that may compromise anonymity. The two projects have different design philosophies that can directly conflict with one another. In spite of this, the goal of AttackVector Linux is to integrate them complementarily into one OS.
Paralellize the double descriptor algorithm in the open source software package Regina. The software will be benchmarked running in serial and using OpenMP. As a proof of concept, the software shoudl be run on GPU's using OpenACC. The final version will run using Cuda to optimize its computational efficiency.
The goal of this project is to create a mobile website for Residential Life that would provide Res Life individuals the ability to check students into and out of dorm rooms (e.g., tracking existing damage) using a smart phone or tablet. Currently Res Life uses paper forms, requiring significant effort in hand-entry of details and management of the forms during the year. This online website would alleviate much of that burden.
The goal of this project is to create a two-player 2D battlefield strategy game, similar to the FireEmblem game series. The game will employ a turn-based combat style, allowing each unit to move/attack once in each player's turn. There will be a variety of different types of units, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Positioning of units will be done in a 2D grid, with each grid space corresponding to one of a variety of different types of terrain. the type of unit, position of units, and types of terrain in which those units reside will all affect combat results, providing players ample opportunity to employ strategies towards defeating the opponent.
The intent of this project is to create a tool that can find the crease patterns to fold polygons to convex polyhedra and then show what it looks like folded into three dimensions. It will take a user specification of a polygon and a zipper point. Then using the input data, it will find the valid crease patterns and give access to them to the user. Finally, it will fold the polygon and show it in three dimensions.
Using the already established Accentuate web service, create an extension to LibreOffice/OpenOffice that is capable of utilizing Accentuate's features.
This project will be to design a scheduling application for hourly employees. Input will be employee's availability, and schedule template of shifts needed. Output will be a spreadsheet of times and positions employers need to work. User will be able to build schedule manually, automatically, or integrating manual and automatic techniques.
This project will be a website for biology researchers to collaborate on the naming and classification of specific bones in fish. Each bone will have a dedicated webpage with; a description of the bone, a video displaying a 360 degree view of the bone, an image highlighting the bone, and the opportunity for other researchers to add their own input. The goal for the website is to be completely user driven, with users discussing and ultimately deciding on the name for each bone.
A WordNet is a database of word senses with links between them (synonyms, broader/narrower terms, part/whole relations, etc.). The most famous of these is the Princeton WordNet (http://wordnet.princeton.edu) which is freely available. The site visualthesaurus.com allows one to navigate the Princeton WordNet in a web browser, but sadly it's a subscription service. It should be quite easy to do something even better using a modern open source .js library like d3 (https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery) or arborjs (http://arborjs.org/).
This project is an application that allows the user to model aspects of a data set by defining additional formulas that are derived from a combination of ground data and other derived formulas for each record in the data set. For this project, historical baseball data will be used to demonstrate the capabilities of the software. The user could use that data to generate a formula and have the data set presented with inclusion of the calculated value as a new field. Derived formulas will be saved persistently by the application, on a per user basis, so that they can be reused during a later session. Finally, the interface should allow a user to filter displayed results based on restrictions that depend on a combination of ground data or derived computations. For example, a baseball player might be required to have a certain number of plate appearances to qualify for a given statistic. The user will also be able to group results by certain allowed criteria. The results of using this data set should lend credence to the assertion that at some point in the future, the software can be generalized for any subject that has base data.
Folding convex polygon to a single convex polyhedron using the perimeter halving method is the main purpose of this project. The basic steps are first setting the crease pattern and then fold the polygon by Mathematica 8. Finding the right crease pattern and using the right command to compute the angles are the most important task we have.
Use the Shapley-Shubik power index to evaluate indvidual voter power based on the geography of congressional districts. This will consist of two parts. The first is a preprocessor using the ANN library to group voters and their neighbors. The second will be to do a Monte Carlo simulation to approximate each voters power and will be parallelized using OpenMP and OpenACC.
The goal is a system for creating, administrating, and analyzing online surveys. Custom surveys can be formed using a variety of question templates (e.g., multiple choice, free answer, quantitative rating). When complete, the survey will be made available on the internet, either to invited respondents or to anyone given the appropriate URL. The back end will offer the survey owner the ability to generate a recreation of an individual respondant's completed survey, or composite data for all subjects.
The goal of this project is to create a software system capable of identifying and classifying the types of nails from an image. The software system will use color space conversion, thresholding, connected components, and feature extraction to identify the characteristics of each region of the image corresponding to a nail, and use the feature values to classify the type of nail corresponding to each region in the image. The system should be able to correctly determine the number of nails in the image, and categorize the type of nail into one of at least five different nail types. The features used for classification will include area, circularity, moments, and possibly length.
The project will assume that the background is white (or very light), so that the regions corresponding to nails can be easily detected through thresholding. The project will likewise assume that the nails are non-overlapping in the image, so that each detected region corresponds to an individual nail. The final assumption is that each image will also contain a penny, which will be used as a frame of reference for determining the scale/size of nails in the image.
The E-Prime 1.4 software package, used by several labs in Saint Louis University's Psychology department, contains a scripting environment (called E-Studio) to create modified Visual Basic scripts used to run computer-based experiments. E-Studio is difficult to customize, however, and many users in the Psychology department would prefer a more intuitive scripting environment. Though E-Prime 2.0 has recently been released, many labs in the department do not wish to purchase the upgrade. The hope is that this project will extend the useable life of the existing software package, and improve the speed at which users can create and modify experiments. This project would be able to supplant the need for E-Studio as a coding environment.
Analysis of an online algorithm can be modeled as a two-player game between the algorithm and an adversary. This semester, I will develop a general tool for solving two-player games using alpha-beta pruning. I will demonstrate the general framework on several classic games and then apply it to analyze a modelfor online machine scheduling.
Implement k-nearest neighbor algorithm for weighted points on a GPU use Nvidia's CUDA programming environment. Two different methods with be implemented: the first using brute force and the second is based on kD-trees. As reference algorithms, the two algorithms will also be implemented for a CPU using a single thread. Run-time analysis will be performed to determine which algorithm is best for different input sizes.
This project will be an e-Commerce system supporting a building supply company. It will consist of a web-based front-end allowing customers to place orders and the store owner to see relevant views of the pending orders, together with a backend database in which all information is stored.
Using a back propagation neural network with economically relevant training, I will attempt to make predictions on stock values of individual companies. The primary concern with the project is to develop and implement this neural net into a functional model. A functional model is one that, after a limited training, can predict stock values of the stock ticker at different time increments from the "current" day. Predicted values will be compared to historic stock prices to evaluate performance of the model. This model will be incorporated into an output interface which would produce visualizations of the internal network structure, weights, and other pertinent elements of the model, allowing development of the model. Performing multiple experiments (different time windows, different activation and error functions, etc) could potential lead to different optimized models. Time permitting, a front end interface can be implemented where one can select models and provide necessary inputs and specify the stock ticker to be predicted. The output could be the predicted price of the stock for the next day, week, etc.
Radar Signal processing is computationally difficult because of the number of samples that must be taken to perform a FFT on the data. The Nyquist-Shannon Theorem states that we must take 2B (B=highest frequency in signal) samples to perfectly interpret the wave. This ends up being very costly because high speed A/D converters and fast DSP hardware is needed. It turns out that radar signals tend to be sparse. Using compressed sensing, we need far fewer samples to reconstruct the wave.
This project is designed primarily for experimentation. I will create software that can run simulations, then conduct experiments using that software. The goal is to see how well traditional radar processing compares to compressed sensing, especially when using degraded (noisy) signals.
Compressed sensing is an exciting, new field in Computer Science. While some of the principles have been known since the mid-20th century, the field really developed in 2004. There has been some research on compressed sensing with radar. However, it is still a research project that depends on ideal conditions. There is an excellent description of Radar Compressed Sensing available at http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.90.8149&rep=rep1&type=pdf .
The authors describe three problems that are currently holding back the design of operational systems. In particular, "the signal recovery algorithms must be able to handle real-world radar acquisition scenarios with sufficient computational efficient and robust performance for noisy data." This is the primary focus of my project: testing the effectiveness of CS on noisy signals. This should provide some very useful research to the academic community.
This project will aid in the creation of automated reports for the logistics department. Projects are requested often, sometimes several per week, and we have only three programmers. Reports can be derived from several sources, including three databases and mainframe files. Sorting out the right files can take a good amount of time, as can reports to the requester's specifications. The idea behind this project is to create an application that will created the basic sql queries in PC SAS to gather the correct data for the requested reports, including multiple sources when needed. As well, the application will allow users to manipulate an excel sheet to their own specifications, while recording the macro an creating the base code in Visual Basic. The programmer will then have far less work to automate the report.
Construction of database that will contain information on business operations and human resources that will provide tools for analysis of the data therein. This project will also include a management role in that a high school volunteer will be collaborating on the project. For the sake of concreteness , this project will be tailored to a computer hardware manufacturer model but should hopefully be relatively easy to adapt to different markets. The ultimate goal of this database is to help business owners identify possible sources of inefficiency and ways to cut costs.
My project is to be a financial manager. The financial manager enables the user to keep track of multiple bank accounts. The user enters receipts into the program, which tracks where the money is going and forms spending habits. The receipt information consists of the name of the business, the date, the amount, the account, and what type of charge it is. The types of charges are food, gas, entertainment, bills, and miscellaneous. The spending habits can then be visually displayed for the user to view. The visual representation of the spending habits will be in pie and line charts.
The program will also track the balances of the user's credit cards. The user will add each credit card to the program and the program will compute how much the minimum payment should be. The program will also compute how many payments remain (assuming the minimum is payed each month). When receipts are entered into the program, credit card receipts are included, which allows the program to update the credit card balance as information is entered.
Bills will also be tracked with the program. The program will take the average of previous bills to compute a projected amount for the bill. The program will also keep track of automatic monthly charges, which the user can add and remove.
Loans will also be tracked with the program. Much like credit cards, the payment amount will be calculated along with the amount of payments remaining.
Paychecks will be entered in much like receipts. In addition to this, the projected monthly income will be calculated to show how much money should be coming in to pay the bills.
There are many electronic medical record systems currently in existence. Many doctors have stated it would be useful to have access to the electronic records of their patients available on their smart phones. My project is an iPhone application that is able to directly access and edit patient records from a sample database.
In the Irish language, certain grammatical contexts cause spelling changes on words called initial mutations. The rules governing these are complicated and are not well understood. The goal of this project is to write a program to learn automatically these rules from a plain text corpus of Irish.
This project is aimed at the research of U3 Smart enabled USB drives, the architecture on which their file systems are built, the methods implemented to carry out their stated goal, and the implied security concerns surrounding these devices in regards to the undetected propagation of viruses on the U3 sector of the USB drive.
Design and develop a software application that has the ability to translate an English string into other languages. Since the general version of this problem is notoriously difficult, we will restrict attention to strings of the type that are usually found in translations of software, e.g. "File not found", "Could not open X", "Firefox Preferences", etc.
I will write three individual programs.
1) Program one will accept a huge number of English strings of the above type. It will strip the strings of any untranslatable items, such as punctuation and newline characters. Furthermore, program one will preserve the common (translatable) substrings within each string while converting any uncommon (untranslatable) substrings into a symbol (i.e. "***"). Finally, program one will return the original string converted into a "translation template." Any unknown, uncommon words that were found by program one will have been converted into the symbol.
Example 1: Input: "File not found" Output: "*** not found"
Example 2: Input: "Could not open file" Output: "Could not open ***"
2) Program two will take as input (1) the generated list of translation templates, and (2) a large database of existing translations from English into the target language, and will generate a statistical model for how each template is translated.
3) Program three will apply the statistical model to new English strings to translate them into the target language. Finally, the three programs will be combined into one package.
The purpose of this project is to create a Java based simulator which will illustrate the execution process of the Cell Broad Band Engine. The Cell Broad Band Engine was developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba as a multimedia and vector processing architecture. The most famous implementation of the Cell Broadband Engine processor is Sony's Playstation 3 video game console. In order to reduce the complexity of the overall project this simulator will not automatically translate standard C code into assembly code. Instead the program will only take in valid assembly code. This program will be originally written to run on a Linux x86 based computer (with the primary development and testing of this simulator being done on a Redhat Enterprise Linux version 5.3 machine). The student's custom made simulator shall be able to illustrate at least two independent threads passing through the SPE core of the cell processor. Additionally the software shall display a graphical, color distinguishable illustration of each individual SPE and which assembler code is currently being executed, which code is waiting to execute, and which code is in a stall.
A parallel corpus is a database of document pairs where one document is a translation of the other and the documents are "aligned" at some level, usually sentences. Parallel corpora are used to train all modern statistical machine translation systems. One approach to creating parallel corpora is via web-crawling and a system which will identify document pairs which are translations of each other from the crawled documents.
The goal of this project is to create such a program. It will take two text files as input and calculate the probability that the two files are translations of each other. The translation program should be language-independent. The program will function by using pairs of known translations to form "word pairs" that will then be used in texts that are not known to be translations of each other to calculate the probability of the texts being translations of each other.
futuristic hovercraft racing game that will be single player and have at least one AI opponent. The race track will be flat and have a variety of turns and the game will use physics in order to make it realistic and challenging. A level of power will be set and will be decreased by a specific amount with each collision with another racer, the track walls, or other obstacles. The game play will be similar to the games F-Zero and Wipeout but will include all original models, textures, animations, and concept design with graphics and user interface controlled by the Irrlicht engine.
Ideas for a Capstone project?
Hi guys, I’m doing my capstone project next semester. I was wondering what you guys have done in the past or any ideas that would be cool to do. I do most of my coding in Python and would like some ideas for cool things I could do in that language if possible.
Also, what is really expected for a capstone project? What are your experiences?
One thing you could do is look into something your school does that could be improved by software.
I forget the specifics but one capstone project that was done at my college had to do with streamlining the application process, which was being done archaically at the time.
The school didn't use it (the group didn't really finish the project) but it was cool to see an idea that had come from a real need the college had.
What are your interests? What advanced classes have you taken? A capstone is what you make of it, try to work on something valuable to you.
Honestly I fell in love with frontend developing, but I don’t think they’ll be too happy with just a simple website? Like I feel like it has to be bigger than that, that’s why I’m really lacking some ideas because I haven’t really been to interested in anything else.
Also, what is really expected for a capstone project?
Completely depends on your educational institution. Ask them.
Find somebody in the history, anthropology, polysci, or biology departments and work with them to write a monte-carlo simulation to explore an interesting question.
By focusing on monte-carlo simulation you can avoid making a fool of yourself with incorrect usage of statistics and still produce useful results.
The people telling you to improve tooling are wrong. Academics have all the tooling they need. It's a saturated market.
Going off of this, you might not need to do AI in order to work with the department. My current project is turning a math model developed by the environmental science department to mitigate flood damage. We now use it to make predictions to be used by a town and reduce damage to people’s properties. There’s a surprising amount of backend development that had to take place to get forecasts and do the math before returning to a nice simple front end that the professor and mayor can use.
These are also great questions to ask your capstone coordinator (I assume you should have one), I'm currently in the last month of mine, which is an internship with deliverables due.
I think a capstone should mean something to you. Only you could make it and you went the extra effort to make it the best work you’ve done at uni. So a good capstone draws from a lot of different fields, not just compsci—make compsci a tool for a larger issue or topic etc.
a good capstone should drive you crazy and test your limits, good luck :)
Personally, I was assigned a project by a company in the industry (we had a professor source these projects). While it is cool to work with a well-established professional, usually the projects aren't very interesting or lack reasonable scope. Personally, my team was handed a working software product and told to turn it into a product (make it downloadable, write documentation, bug fixes, etc.). While the software product is super cool, I had basically no part in building it and instead act as somewhat of a product designer while not leveraging much of what I learned in my education. So long story short, I think it's awesome that you can choose what project you have. I have so many good ideas that I would have loved to have dedicated a class to this semester.
You should see if there are any researchers at your university who have software they hate using... then make it better!
We partnered with a researcher to make a server/frontend that could run simulations using their super janky, command-line simulation software.
It really streamlined their workflow and allowed them to do much more with their time than screw around with parameters buried in text files and messy file organization.
It was a big success and they’re still using/improving it. Take a look! http://self-assembly.net/wiki/index.php?title=WebDNA
Would your institution allow open source projects as a capstone?
Blender 2.8x is currently going through a lot of development. Python is the scripting API for Blender. There might be some add-ons which need to be migrated from 2.79 to 2.8.
Whatever you do, seek out advice on how to set a realistic scope for the project. Understanding what you can do and how much time it will take is a skill that takes time to refine.
In my ugrad capstone we had to build a simple working operating system on a basic cpu that we built in digital circuits. It was a 1 year project and digital circuits was also an entire semester in and of itself.
That’s actually really cool, and to have a year to work on the project must’ve been nice too because you can really get into it. Mine is only a semester long, so it has to be something simple enough to do in that time frame but also complicated enough for a capstone. But damn...that’s a really cool idea.
A capstone project is really just a theoretical project for a company. But it can help you get a job after college if you put some work into it.
You mentioned you are learning Python and you enjoy front end development.
So why not build a web scraper that displays some type of data. There are tons of open API's, or websites with data to scrape. Python for data scraping and html/css/js for front end dev.
If you are looking for more of the networking path, build a network traffic analyzer from scratch.
If you haven't had some type of internship or part time job, think about a project that may relate to your future career choice. Good luck!
My internship was all frontend html/css/jquery stuff. I have done some light data scraping though, so maybe that’s a good route for me to go. The project is only a semester long, so that kinda freaks me out that I don’t have all that much time to work on it.
Use python, a raspberry pi to make a bird house with a camera in it that uses motion detection and can take picture in night and day. Have it connect to WiFi and run on a solar panel. Weather proof it. Make a web server using python so you can download pictures through a web interface
This is actually brilliant. I’m putting this down on my list. I love working with motion detectors and raspberry pi.
I became proficient with SQL Server 2008 at an internship before college. Like, just for an example of a crazy hack which was driven by a real-world business case, there was this table that had on the order of 3 rows in it, but the rows were changed ~quarterly by a non-technical user. The rows corresponded to columns in some fancy report, and so we used a PIVOT clause (I think it was PIVOT) to generate that report. Problem is PIVOTs have to be hardcoded. So I ended up writing a stored procedure that ran on insert/update/delete, to generate and eval the sql to write the stored procedure for that report.
So basically, I entered college obsessed with the idea of sinking business logic into the database engine. On the one hand, one wants their business logic all in one place, with a strong focus on logical coherence. But on the other hand, thought me, why not put it as close to the data as possible ?
It's not clear this was a good idea. But it was my obsession.
So for my capstone project, I wrote a database engine from scratch, predicated around this. I wrote it in C#, and my crowning achievement was that the query language was C# lambda expressions. I straight up serialized the lambda expression, shipped it to the db server, and ran it in place, on the remote server. The results were then streamed back.
It was terrible, but mostly because I spent more time on the "query language" than I did on the part where it was a database engine. I wrote a custom serialization format for the network io, which was focused on small size. But I ran out of time, so I literally dumped it to disk, for the storage layer. It was variable width with no indexing, so it had to do a linear scan over the entire db to find the record you asked for.
But that wasn't the point. The point was
I was obsessed with a very specific part of it.
I implemented that part.
I hacked the rest of it, sufficiently, to support that part.
This, in my opinion, is what makes a good capstone project.
Ranked by Size
BuyCapstone » Computer Science Capstone Project
The Best Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas From Our Service
Science is always something interesting. It is way more interesting, when someone talks about computer science in 2021 since these sphere developed rapidly. At the same time there are still a lot of things to explore. That is why many youngsters choose computer sciences programs in colleges and universities.
Yet usually they don’t understand why they have to cope with a lot of writing assignments, like capstone projects or term papers. It seems that computer science should be connected with labs or even coding. Nonetheless, to understand the sphere, every student has to write some projects.
Want your voice to count in? Send us your review with all the details.
Computer Science Capstone Project Definition
In simple words, this is a type of paper that proves your skills and knowledge. Every student has to write computer science capstone project to represent how he understood the course. Moreover, such a project may be a one way ticket to successful career. That is why it is so important to treat computer science capstone project as the most vital papers in your student’s life.
Usually, professors provide a list of topics for capstone project writing. In this case from our capstone project writing service , you will have to check this list and choose the most interesting topic for you since it will affect the result of the whole project. Then, you should start working on it immediately since capstone project is a very difficult type of paper so you will have to do a lot to make it perfect.
The steps should be as following:
- Making a research.
- Pointing the most important facts for your topic.
- Creating an outline.
- Problem determination.
- Describing the previous solutions.
- Offering your own ideas.
- Representing how your idea will improve the computer sciences.
- Presenting the ways of implementing such ideas.
As you can see, the plan for capstone project writing in computer sciences is very complex. And the plan implementation is way more difficult. However, you should be afraid of this type of paper since Buycasptone.com team is at your service at any time. Just contact us, share your requirements and get proficient assistance.
Structure of Writing a Computer Science Capstone Project
We understand that students might have a lot of problems writing an academic paper. Very often it might even start with finding computer science casptone profect ideas. The it might follow with misunderstanding the structure. Finally, it ends up with a one thought “I can’t finish may captone project”. That is why our writers shared some recommendations to craft such a paper correctly.
This might be the easiest part. Just take a list of ideas provided by your tutor or search for some topic in the Internet. You have to do only one thing: choose the problem that is really interesting for you. In this case you will be able to write a capstone correctly and defend it as well.
Make a Reasearch
As soon as you have chosen the idea, you should make a very deep research. Mind that many problems in computer sciences already have several solutions. So, firstly, you have analyze the propositions of different scientists. Then you have to understand, why their ideas are not perfect. This approach will led you to creating your own ideas for a certain problem. Thus, this idea (or ideas) will be the main topic of your capstone project in computer sciences.
Create an Outline
As soon as you have enough data to start the writing stage, you have to write an outline first. It is a kind of a plan, but with some theses for each paragraph. The main purpose of outline is to make your mind free before starting writing. Moreover, outline will help you to create a proper structure.
Start with an introduction
Mind that you have about 15 seconds to attract the attention of reader. Thus, regardless of the computer science capstone project idea, your introduction must be outstanding. Start with a statistical fact, quote or rhetorical question. If you feel any difficulties with writing the introduction, you may ask our team for assistance or buy capstone papers at our website.
Write a literature review
Now, as you have collected all data and used it in your research, it’s time to talk about all the relevant sources used in the process of your research. Don’t just enlist them but let your reader know about the knowledge gained from them.
Show the methodology of your research
How did you come up with your findings? Describe all those steps. Tell your reader about the methods you used, why you chose them, and whether they helped you find a solution to the problem under discussion.
Entrust your paper to our reliable, inspired and skilled writers to get high-quality computer science capstone project!
Provide the results of your research
Now, tell about your findings and whether your results correspond to the hypothesis provided at the beginning. If they don’t, tell what exactly you have discovered and what are your new findings.
Write a conclusion and recommendations
The conclusion is as important as the introduction. Provide a summary of your work, tell whether you managed to solve the given problem or not. As for recommendations, tell where exactly your research can be used and applied.
Give the list of references
Even though it is the easiest part of your capstone project, don’t forget to use proper citation and referencing styles. Appropriate referencing will help you avoid plagiarism issues and claim the uniqueness of your work.
Proofread and edit your capstone project
We do not recommend neglecting these steps of the writing process. Your content is not perfect yet, even if you believe it is. The best thing is to:
- put your project aside for a while (at least 24 hours);
- get back to it again and read it to have a “sober” view;
- improve its structure;
- eliminate all grammar, punctuation, spelling mistakes, and typos;
- ask someone else to read it and tell their opinion.
Why is it important to conduct these steps? When you work hard on your paper, you are not able to evaluate it objectively. Making a pause and asking your friends or family members to tell their opinion would help to get some healthy critics and improve everything that doesn’t meet the expectations of your reader.
List of Capstone Project Ideas Computer Science
Since the first thing you should do is to pick the right topic, it’s necessary to do it thoroughly and accurately. The topic of your choice must be narrow, specific, accurate, and render some scientific value so it could be applied in further research.
Choosing the appropriate theme for your capstone project is not as easy as it may seem, so check the following list of good topics and get inspired:
- The ways to expand software, solutions, and services for an enterprise
- Websites parallel query optimization
- How accurate agent-oriented software engineering systems are
- Creating chat systems using the Bluetooth technology
- Software programs and their productivity: performance analysis
- The potential impact of next-generation software systems
- How accurate distributed dependable systems are
- The best HTML nesting elements
- Real-time technologies for software development
- Website development must conduct security checks
- Is large-scale interoperation and composition still up-to-date?
- The latest soft computing tools and software engineering
- Spyware and software security threats
- E-commerce challenges and their solutions
- Integrated data management
- Back-up systems and content-based image retrievals
- The effectiveness of trusted image dissemination techniques
- The usage of scalable knowledge composition in schools
- Security of computer users and their data
- Digital library technologies
Top 10 the Best Capstone Project Computer Science Ideas
If the topics listed above are not enough for you and you believe you cannot impress your picky professor with any of them, check the following list of the top computer science capstone project ideas and pick the right topic for your project.
- Configuration management and computer software patterns
- Top development tools for a good website
- How to design innovating multi-agent systems
- Complex computer systems for workplaces
- Computational game theory and its weaknesses
- The gaps in software architecture patterns
- How to deal with weaknesses of the companies’ security
- Computing functions for the improvement of the modern education system
- The analysis and management of large volumes of dynamic and diverse data
- The benefits and drawbacks of visualization for open source
Make sure to choose a unique topic and one that has enough sources for reliable research at the same time. First of all, choose the topic that is interesting for you. Only this way, it will be interesting for your reader.
University: Ontario University
Specialist in: Social sciences
Writing Experience: 6 years
Completed Orders: 278
Success Rate: 99%
University: San Diego University
Specialist in: Engineering
Writing Experience: 4 years
Completed Orders: 253
Success Rate: 98%
University: Toronto University
Specialist in: Nursing
Writing Experience: 5 years
Completed Orders: 195
University: Cambridge University
Specialist in: Economy
Completed Orders: 228
University: Manchester University
Specialist in: Marketing
Completed Orders: 381
Success Rate: 100%
University: Yale University
Specialist in: Business
Writing Experience: 3 years
Completed Orders: 178
Workable Gorgeous Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
Elaborating your computer science capstone at stake seems to be a kind of disaster for you now? Are you engaged in an extremely interesting, valuable, or simply very important activity you surely don’t wish to sacrifice for writing that another study paper instead? Do you have a job, for instance, or internship, or your extremely important meetings now?
Presumably, you consider an option of devoting your time and energy to elaborating on this project independently. Where to search for definitely workable but interesting, even to say gorgeous computer science capstone project ideas? You have reached this palace at the moment. So, easily take your time, relax, and calmly review what our capstone project writing service can do for you now.
Computer Science Capstone Project by WriteMyCapstone is rated 4.8 /5 based on 81 customer reviews
The Shortest Way for Finding Bright Capstone Project Ideas Computer Science
Many factors surely may impact your choice while deciding on capstone project ideas computer science at stake. Your personal preferences and interest here should determine this choice for sure. List all suggestions you have on a separate paper. Things that interest you would obviously come to your mind first for sure.
Another aspect you should definitely consider is a problem related to each topic you would like to explore here. Your bright capstone project ideas on computer science should be related to the up-to-date and important problems of dealing with information, technologies and boosting customer experience you are familiar with. Perfect options for your writing are placed somewhere between your interests and the actuality of problems you are going to explore here.
What to Do Next?
Determining your perfect topic for CS paper creation is surely not enough here. Making these steps is desired for expanding your topic in the same perfect way:
- research it comprehensively
- search for examples of applications or problems
- clearly define a problem you want to resolve
- develop a workable solution for your stated problem
- introduce a model that can prove the effectiveness of a solution
Creating your CS paper is easy if you follow a simple structure here. Draft a brief introduction where you definitely state a problem and a background for its emerging. In the main part of your text, surely indicate the suggested solutions, reasoning for it, and introduce your developed model that can likely solve an issue. In conclusion, reaffirm your solution without introducing new information here.
Ready Fresh and Engaging Capstone Project Ideas for Computer Science
Is developing your personal capstone project ideas for computer science seem to be a boring or burdensome thing to do for you now? No real problems with that for sure. Our “ write my capstone ” service has prepared plenty of extremely or simply very engaging CS capstone project ideas:
Need help with Computer Science Capstone Project?
Get a timely done Computer Science Capstone Project from qualified writers
- Basics and advanced technologies of data mining
- Mining in crypto industry basics and modern challenges
- Evaluating and improving effectively searching algorithms
- Models applicable to effective cloud computing
- Ensuring a secure professional network and accessing it
- Artificial intelligence basics and primary 2021 innovations
- Developing animation models
- Computer graphics basics and sufficient models for beginners
- Basics and current challenges of information logistics
- Algorithms and methods used in game theory
- Using formulas and algorithms in computer technologies
- General prediction basics and their application
- Developing apps for computerized registration
- Creating effective applications for the retail industry
- Managing information of supply chains: approaches and techniques
- Ways for ensuring cyber security and protection of publicly available networks
- Managing information in infrastructures
- Developing an effective application for processing and storage of medical records
- Boosting educational programs using Internet technologies
- Preventing theft by using cyber security and similar technologies
- Preventing and dealing with the technical consequences of identity theft
- Ensuring effective certification of systems of online learning
- Digital applications that provide effective operation of real estate management
- Conducting and storing online surveys
- Creating multiple tests using different IT models
- Recovering essential but lost data: strategies and effective tools
- Arranging tests online
- Understating the basics and workable visualization models
- Creating and ensuring the effective operation of an online recording system
- Examining and improving the interfaces of smartphones
- Developing effective applications for fitness
- Ways for creating tools and applications to detect grammar errors
- Tracking application basics and tested approaches
- Developing a website for the e-commerce industry
- Exploring computing functions in education
- Mobile application for ensuring home security
- Major characteristics and obstacles of operating methods
- Developing and applying real-time systems in banking
- Techniques of switching control: basics and ways of application
- Applications for recognizing brands and trademarks
- Basic computer software patterns
- Developing and expanding software and applications for enterprises
- Software systems of next-generation: their characteristics and current impact
- Basics and characteristics of object-oriented programming
- Defining and analyzing gaps in software operation
- Basics and ways for ensuring the effectiveness of interactive software systems
- Applying and dealing with cyber threats using spyware
- Developing software and tools for the game industry
- Image dissemination models: tested techniques and ways for enhancement
- Ways of integrating web searches into online systems
- Developing and applying interfaces with high-level access into operating systems
- Recent workable digital libraries technologies suitable for application in education
- Developing and applying tools for online school education
- Approaches for dealing with databases in commercial companies
- Computation game theory basic points, major strengths, and weaknesses
- Ways for processing and managing large scales of information
- Existing and prospective models for integrated data management
- Ways for developing and modeling complex workplace computer systems
- Means and ways for developing multi-agent informational systems
- Methods and techniques of software engineering
- Solutions and techniques for existing E-commerce threats and preventing possible ones
- Best tested approaches for analyzing and processing large massive of data
- Ways for ensuring the accuracy of data processing
- HTML basics and major ways of dealing with it
- Best tested approaches for developing HTML links
- The basics of link and strategies for its creation
- SEO basics and effective ways for implementation
- Ways and approaches for monitoring sales and stocks
- Strategies for creating and application of warehouse schemes
- Effective ways of optimizing data mining tools and software
- Developing and applying effective approaches for optimizing game memory
- Importance and conditions of general preconditions in computer science
- IT systems enabling correlations between the sales and supplies
- Major principles of computer operation
- Applying digital logic for ensuring proper operation of the software
- Easy and tested ways for designing IT systems
- Strategies for arranging effective interrelation between computer hardware and software
- Analyzing and making conclusions about the performance of IT systems
- Ensuring better security for users while using IT systems
- Ways for enhancing education through the application of advanced IT systems
- Strategies for developing IT innovations
Have you already seen lots of suitable computer science capstone project examples for your task at stake? Still don’t see any computer science capstone ideas you personally like for sure? Refer here freely for your personalized, unique, and surely engaging computer science topics. Making boring or dull things interesting is our favorite task to complete here. Let’s discuss that matter of your likely problematic CS paper-making more precisely!
Actual and Interesting Capstone Project Ideas Computer Science
Consider the most relevant and interesting capstone project ideas computer science oriented, and you’ll set yourself up wonderfully to progress in your chosen area of programming. If you want to work within the IT sphere, you’ll need a good project with which to demonstrate your formidable skills. Examine the latest trends in technologies in IT and think up electronics capstone project ideas that you can show off again and again as well as getting the highest grades for writing it in the first place.
Computer Science Capstone Project: The Latest Trends in Computing
There are a number of different exciting computing trends you can investigate as part of your capstone project. IT is a great topic for all sorts of reasons, but chief among these is that you can really work at the cutting edge of technological advancement and see what’s going to be the next big thing. Whether it’s cloud computing or superfast mobile internet speeds, IT is certainly the place to be. Consider the interesting topics below, model your project around one of them, and use some capstone project help if needed.
The 10 Best Universities for Programming and IT
If you haven’t even entered college yet, it’s never too soon to start thinking about some programming capstone project ideas for future use. However, the best thing to do right at this moment is to think about the best universities for programming and IT professionals to learn their trade and hone their skills. Here are the universities and colleges that are widely considered to be among the top 10 in the country.
- Carnegie Mellon University , Pittsburgh, PA. This excellent institution is at the forefront of research in the field of computer science and you would have a wonderful opportunity to pursue almost any avenue of interest you can think of.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology , Cambridge, MA. As one of the most well-known universities in the world, you can expect to achieve great things when you attend MIT. It offers courses that provide the finest teaching of electrical engineering and computer science.
- Stanford University , Stanford, CA. You really can’t go wrong when you choose a university like Stanford. It’s been a world leader in computer science ever since the department was founded over 50 years ago. You’ll find its graduates at the top of every technological field there is.
- University of California – Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. This wonderful college is proud of its approach to computer science, valuing collaboration between the finest academic minds and industrial experts. The faculty is very supportive of its students and you’ll find their dynamic culture very inspiring.
- University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL. There are all kinds of opportunities on offer here and you’ll be actively encouraged to work alongside students in other fields to achieve groundbreaking results that would be impossible elsewhere.
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. You can pursue a Master of Engineering in Computer Science here that will allow you to follow your dreams, no matter what they might be. Combining your computing skills with the business and management courses on offer will put you in the perfect position to launch your own company.
- University of Washington , Seattle, WA. The entrepreneurial spirit is strong here and if you’ve ever thought about developing your computer science skills with the goal of opening your own business, then Seattle is the place to be. This is not to mention that the faculty is incredible student-friendly.
- Princeton University , Princeton, NJ. It almost goes without saying that this is a top institution which you’d be honored to attend. Naturally, it offers some of the best opportunities for computer science research in the United States.
- Georgia Institute of Technology , Atlanta, GA. This fine college offers a range of courses at different levels all the way from the bachelor to the doctoral level. It is particularly focused on the real-world applications of computer science knowledge and research.
- University of Texas – Austin, Austin, TX. This excellent college works very hard to attract the best faculty members so when you study here, you can be sure that you’ll have access to the finest academic advisors.
Start with Some Great Capstone Project Ideas for Computer Science
- Review intelligent systems for business decision making
- Computer visual recognition systems
- Network and data security
- Satellite equipment automation
- Emergency data recovery plans
- Automation of accounting documents
- Intranet technical support
- Automation of materials taken from storage
- Radio frequency ID security
- Network navigation systems
- Graphical modeling of biological systems
- Machine scheduling and game theory
Choosing a capstone title for IT students is not the easiest task in the world as programming capstone project ideas can be difficult to explain in a snappy and concise manner that attracts readers. The 30 ideas outlined here have been specially considered to help the process of picking a capstone title for IT students much more straightforward.
Affordable Computer Science Project Ideas Services
Computer science and engineering courses are a great opportunity for you to learn a whole host of different skills that you can apply to your future jobs. By completing senior capstone project ideas, you’ll polish your logical thinking skills as well as boosting your knowledge base. You need to choose a topic that’s interesting, engaging and useful. Consider all the vital information here and you’ll get exactly what you need from your IT course.
Our writing company is always ready to provide you with the best possible IT capstone project and capstone project pharmacy writing services. Our team knows how to craft perfect it capstone project that will be unique and perfectly written to the requirements of your paper. By hiring our experts you will get the most benefits from:
- We offer highly specialized services at affordable rates with no hidden charges
- We proofread every work we do to ensure that your paper is perfect with no errors
- We work always within the agreed time and deliver your paper on-time
- We provide unlimited revisions and full confidentiality
Choose the best capstone project ideas for computer science, and you’ll surely reap the rewards. Get informed about all your options, and the world will be your oyster.
You have an opportunity to get your capstone project done week by week by the same writer according to the timeline.
We write your capstone project from the ground up and double-check it with plagiarism detection software.
We assign no general writers to your order. You are guaranteed to work with one of the top-rated PhD/MA experts in your area.
CS & ECE189 Senior Capstone Projects
During the senior year, CE students are required to take the Senior Computer Systems Project courses also known as the Senior "Capstone" Project. This course helps satisfy CE Major Degree Requirements in the Senior Elective Study Plan.
The Capstone Project gives CE students the opportunity to put their education into practice. Students, working in small teams, design and engineer innovative hardware and software systems using techniques from robotics, distributed systems, circuit design, networking, and real-time systems to tackle problems and create a final "tangible" project.
Every year at the end of the final quarter the projects are presented at full-day, industry-supported events where student groups publicly present their projects and participate in a project demonstration and poster event.
Capstone Sr. Project Presentation Events
CS 189 Course & Projects
ECE 189 Course & Projects
Senior project courses.
Student groups design a significant computer-based project. Groups work independently with interaction among groups via interface specifications and informal meetings.
Computer Science 189A/B
Instructors: Profs. Tobias Höllerer (CMPSC 189A) and Giovanni Vigna (189B)
Throughout this two-course sequence, student teams engage in all aspects of an engineering problem including design, prototype, testing, deployment, and public demonstration. The course is based on a learn-by-doing approach in which teams employ cutting-edge software technologies, tools, and engineering practices to construct significant software applications and systems.
Unique to the UCSB CS Capstone is industry collaboration. Top companies from around the country partner with and mentor student teams. Industrial participants propose project ideas (that range from well-defined to wide open) from which student teams choose, as part of short, competitive “pitches”. The CS 189 senior project series culminates in a public project presentation and demonstration by each team at Summit CS in March.
Electrical and Computer Engineering 189A/B/C
Instructor: Dr. Yogananda Isukapalli (ECE 189A/B/C)
ECE 189A/B/C is a year-long capstone project course sequence in which Computer Engineering (CE) senior students design and implement an embedded computer system. Working in small groups of four to six, the teams draw on the strengths of each member, and projects are intended to be the culmination of the student's undergraduate education, incorporating both significant hardware and software components and, in some cases, mechanical components as well. CE Capstone Projects offer students real-world experience in the lifespan of developing an embedded system: identifying a problem, designing to required specifications, managing budgets and printed circuit board fabrication, and delivering their finished product on time.
CE capstone projects fall into several categories: (i) Student defined projects, in which students come up with the design idea on their own; (ii) Industry-sponsored projects, in which an industry partner specifies a design challenge of interest to their organization; (iii) Research group projects, in which a research group at UCSB poses a design challenge; (iv) Student project competitions, in which students enter as contestants in an organized competition.
ECE 189 senior projects will be showcased at the end of the Spring quarter at the ECE 189 Capstone Project poster session and resentation event.
CS 189 Capstone 2023 Presentations @ summit.cs
The event will be held on March 15 (Wed), 2023 at Corwin Pavillion
ECE 189 Capstone 2023 Presentation Event
The project presentation and poster event will be held in early June on date TBA
ECE 189 Capstone 2022 Presentation Event
The project presentation and poster event was held on June 2
Recording of the 2022 Project Presentations
CE News "2022 ECE 189 Capstone Awards"
Congratulations to the ECE 189 Best Project winners:
- 1st Place: Scrapsort ( Analog Devices & IFT )
- 2nd Place: AeRobot ( AeroVironment & IFT )
- 3rd Place: CUDA ( Aptitude )
- Faculty Choice Award – ADA ( CACI International )
- [email protected]
Computer Engineering • College of Engineering • UC Santa Barbara 2023 © Regents of the University of California
One of the key purposes of the introduction to a science project is setting forth or outlining the purpose of the project in a clear, concise manner. The introduction summarizes how the science project is to work or proceed from start to fi...
Some easy investigatory science project ideas include attempting to purify used cooking oil, making biodegradable plastic and increasing the shelf life of fruits and vegetables. One easy experiment is to investigate possible strategies for ...
The conclusion in a science project summarizes the results of the experiment and either contradicts or supports the original hypothesis. It is a simple and straightforward answer to the question posed by the experiment. This section is clea...
Computer Science Project Ideas · 1. Face Detection · 2. Online Auction System · 3. Crime Rate Prediction · 4. Weather Forecasting Application · 5.
100 Best Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas · Object-oriented programming. · SQL Server Database backup. · Video sensors via face recognition.
Best Capstone Project Computer Science Ideas · How to manage and analyze large volumes of dynamic and diverse data · Current database management systems for XML
2021 Capstone Projects · Evaluating Internet of Things (IoT) Protocols · BISON (BI Incorporated Stream Optimization Network) · Mobile App - Boulder Apple Tree
Top 8 Capstone Project Ideas for Computer Science Students in 2023 · 1. Developing a machine learning-based recommendation system for
In this capstone project, we will implement a scalable genome assembler using Apache Spark on Cloud. Apache Spark is a cutting edge open-source cluster
There's nothing computer science-y about a simple website. I did a real-time machine learning anomaly detection pipeline and it was highly
List of Capstone Project Ideas Computer Science · The ways to expand software, solutions, and services for an enterprise · Websites parallel query optimization
Ready Fresh and Engaging Capstone Project Ideas for Computer Science · Basics and advanced technologies of data mining · Mining in crypto industry basics and
Start with Some Great Capstone Project Ideas for Computer Science · Review intelligent systems for business decision making · Computer visual recognition systems
During the senior year, CE students are required to take the Senior Computer Systems Project courses also known as the Senior "Capstone" Project.