- No suggested jump to results
Name already in use.
Use Git or checkout with SVN using the web URL.
Work fast with our official CLI. Learn more .
- Open with GitHub Desktop
- Download ZIP
Sign In Required
Please sign in to use Codespaces.
Launching GitHub Desktop
If nothing happens, download GitHub Desktop and try again.
If nothing happens, download Xcode and try again.
Launching Visual Studio Code
Your codespace will open once ready.
There was a problem preparing your codespace, please try again.
Ibm-data-analyst-capstone-project, documents and data used to create my capstone project for ibm data analyst professional certificate (completed january 2022), capstone project objective.
You have recently been hired as a Data Analyst by a global IT and business consulting services firm that is known for their expertise in IT solutions and their team of highly experienced IT consultants. In order to keep pace with changing technologies and remain competitive, your organization regularly analyzes data to help identify future skill requirements. As a Data Analyst, you will be assisting with this initiative and have been tasked with collecting data from various sources and identifying trends for this year's report on emerging skills. Your first task is to collect the top programming skills that are most in demand from various sources including: Job postings, Training portals and Surveys.
Once you have collected enough data, you will begin analyzing the data and identify insights and trends that may include the following: What are the top programming languages in demand? What are the top database skills in demand? What are the popular IDEs?
You will begin by scraping internet web sites and accessing APIs to collect data in various formats like .csv files, excel sheets, and databases. Once this is completed, you will make that data ready for analysis using data wrangling techniques. When the data is ready you will then want to apply statistical techniques to analyze the data. Then bring all of your information together by using IBM Cognos Analytics to create your dashboard. And finally, show off your storytelling skills by sharing your findings in a presentation. You will be evaluated using quizzes in each module as well as the final project presentation.
- Jupyter Notebook 100.0%
庄之皓 · Bezhuang
Welcome to My Blog ！اهلا بك في مدونتي
IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project
In this course provided by IBM, I will assume the role of an Associate Data Analyst who has recently joined the organization and be presented with a business challenge that requires data analysis to be performed on real-world datasets. The capstone project will culminate with a presentation of your data analysis report, with an executive summary for the various stakeholders in the organization. I believe this project is a great opportunity to showcase Data Analytics skills, and demonstrate proficiency to potential employers. The following are the notes I took during this course.
Collecting data using apis.
The HTTP protocol allows you to send and receive information through the web including webpages, images, and other web resources.
Uniform resource locator(URL): the most popular way to find resources on the web
- Scheme: http://
- Internet address or Base URL: www.ibm.com
- Route location on the web server: /images/IDSNlogo.png
- Request start line = GET method + location of the resource /index.html + HTTP version
- Request header passes additional information with an HTTP request
- Response start line = version number HTTP/1.0 + a status code (200) meaning success, + a descriptive phrase (OK).
- Response header contains useful information
- Response body containing the requested file an HTML document
Requests in Python
Get Request with URL Parameters
- You can use the GET method to modify the results of your query
- the POST request sends the data in a request body
Collecting Data Using Webscraping
Review of Webscraping
Scrape data from html table
Load the dataset
Explore the dataset
Finding Missing Values
Determine Missing Values
Exploratory Data Analysis
Import necessary modules
Distribution: Determine how the data is distributed
Correlation: Find the correlation between all numerical columns
Work with Database
Visualizing Distribution of Data
IBM Cognos Dashboard Embedded (CDE) is an AI-fueled business intelligence service that supports the entire data analytics cycle, from discovery to operationalization. It provides users with data discovery capabilities to visually explore and interact with their data to identify the key insights for improving data driven decisions. Users can perform data discovery and then quickly assemble that information into interactive, visually appealing dashboards; all without the need of formal training.
Add a Cognos Dashboard Embedded (CDE) service and upload external data files to your project (supports CSV file only)
General navigation around the CDE user interface (UI), start a new dashboard with a template in CDE, populate it with a data visualization as well as save the dashboard.
Presentation of Findings
Data collected, cleaned and organized -> Report (paper style report or slideshow presentation)
Elements Of A Successful Data Findings Report
- Executive Summary: briefly explain the details of the project and should be considered a stand-alone document
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: explains the nature of the analysis, states the problem, and gives the questions that were to be answered by performing the analysis
- Methodology: explains the data sources that were used in the analysis and outlines the plan for the collected data
- Results: goes into the detail of the data collection, how it was organized, and how it was analyzed, also contain the charts and graphs that would substantiate the results and call attention to the more complex or crucial findings
- Discussion: engage the audience with a discussion of your implications that were drawn from the research
- Conclusion: reiterate the problem given in the introduction and gives an overall summary of the findings, also state the outcome of the analysis and if any other steps would be taken in the future
- Appendix: contain information that really didn’t fit in the main body of the report, but you deemed it was still important enough to include
Factors to remember in accurately conveying your message
- Make sure charts and graphs are not too small and are clearly labeled
- Use the data only as supporting evidence
- Share only one point from each chart
- Eliminate data that does not support the key message
Final Presentation (PDF version):
Or download it from My Github Repository
Visit my Github Repository
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License . 本文永久地址： http://blog.zhuangzhihao.top/IBM-Data-Analyst-Capstone-Project/
搭建 LAMP 环境安装部署 Wordpress
最近购买了阿里云学生机（轻量应用服务器，单核2G内存），预装载 CentOS 7.6。官方推荐 Putty 连接，我使用的 SSH 软件为 Xshell，用 Xftp 传输文件。第一次接触云服...
2021 阿里云 Java 训练营第三期
本期训练营是阿里云开发者社区Java训练营的第3期，主要基于最流行的Java Spring Cloud, 结合阿里巴巴淘宝微服务案例，实战模拟淘宝Order微服务，实战演练微服务开发，扩展学习...
- 复制文本 复制链接 在新标签页打开 复制图片地址
- Online Degree Explore Bachelor’s & Master’s degrees
- MasterTrack™ Earn credit towards a Master’s degree
- University Certificates Advance your career with graduate-level learning
- Top Courses
- Join for Free
This course is part of the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate
IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project
- Thumbs Up 92%
Financial aid available
About this Course
By completing this final capstone project you will apply various Data Analytics skills and techniques that you have learned as part of the previous courses in the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate. You will assume the role of an Associate Data Analyst who has recently joined the organization and be presented with a business challenge that requires data analysis to be performed on real-world datasets.
You will perform the various tasks that professional data analysts do as part of their jobs, including: - Data collection from multiple sources - Data wrangling and data preparation - Exploratory data analysis - Statistical analysis and data mining - Data visualization with different charts and plots, and - Interactive dashboard creation. The project will culminate with a presentation of your data analysis report for various stakeholders in the organization. The report will include an executive summary, your analysis, and a conclusion. You will be assessed on both your work for the various stages in the Data Analysis process, as well as the final deliverable. As part of this project you will demonstrate your proficiency with using Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Relational Databases (RDBMS), Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Cognos, and Python Libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Matplotlib, Seaborn and others. This project is a great addition to your portfolio and an opportunity to showcase your Data Analytics skills to prospective employers.
It is highly recommend that you have completed all of the courses in the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate prior to starting this course.
Could your company benefit from training employees on in-demand skills?
What you will learn
Apply different techniques to collect and wrangle data
Showcase your Data Analysis and Visualization skills
Create a data analysis report and a compelling presentation
Demonstrate proficiency with various Python Libraries
Skills you will gain
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis
- SQL and RDBMS
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
IBM Skills Network
IBM is the global leader in business transformation through an open hybrid cloud platform and AI, serving clients in more than 170 countries around the world. Today 47 of the Fortune 50 Companies rely on the IBM Cloud to run their business, and IBM Watson enterprise AI is hard at work in more than 30,000 engagements. IBM is also one of the world’s most vital corporate research organizations, with 28 consecutive years of patent leadership. Above all, guided by principles for trust and transparency and support for a more inclusive society, IBM is committed to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For more information about IBM visit: www.ibm.com
See how employees at top companies are mastering in-demand skills
Syllabus - What you will learn from this course
Data Collection is the first step in solving any analysis problem and can be collected in many formats and from many sources. In the first module of the Capstone, we will collect data by scraping the internet and using web APIs.
In this module, you will be focusing on the cleaning of your dataset with various techniques. With these techniques you will be identifying duplicate rows, finding missing values, and normalizing the data.
Exploratory Data Analysis
In this module, begin working with the cleaned dataset from the previous module. You will now begin to analyze the dataset to find the distribution of data, presence of outliers and the correlation between different columns.
In module 4 of the Capstone, you will be required to create visualizations using the developer survey data. The visualizations you create should highlight the distribution of data, relationships between data, the composition of data, and comparison of data.
Building A Dashboard
In this module, you will create a dashboard using IBM Cognos Analytics. This platform will give you the ability to create various charts while assembling a dashboard that is appealing and easy to understand. Your dashboard will contain your data analysis, which should be intuitive and allow for the drill-down of data.
Final Assignment: Present Your Findings
You have analyzed the data in the previous modules, and now it is time to demonstrate your storytelling skills. In this module, you will create a compelling story that helps to clarify your analysis in an easy-to-understand presentation.
- 5 stars 74.76%
- 4 stars 16.90%
- 3 stars 5.01%
- 2 stars 1.05%
- 1 star 2.24%
TOP REVIEWS FROM IBM DATA ANALYST CAPSTONE PROJECT
The capstone contains content that are not discussed on previous courses. I hope you will improve this later on.
very helpful for those who needs to polish their skills and trying to landing their career in field of Data
Was pretty fun working on all the assignments & making the presentation.
Course was excellent! Enjoyed the final project and being able to work with authentic data that helps understand IT career trends.
About the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate
Gain the job-ready skills for an entry-level data analyst role through this Professional Certificate from IBM and position yourself competitively in the thriving job market for data analysts, which will see a 20% growth until 2028 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Power your data analyst career by learning the core principles of data analysis and gaining hands-on skills practice. You’ll work with a variety of data sources, project scenarios, and data analysis tools, including Excel, SQL, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and Cognos Analytics, gaining practical experience with data manipulation and applying analytical techniques. This Professional Certificate does not require any prior programming or statistical skills, and is suitable for learners with or without college degrees. All you need to get started is basic computer literacy, high school math, comfort working with numbers, willingness to learn, and a desire to enrich your profile with valuable skills. Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll have analyzed real-world datasets, created interactive dashboards, and presented reports to share your findings, giving you the confidence and the portfolio to begin a career as an associate or junior data analyst. You’ll also build the foundation for other data disciplines such as data science or data engineering. This program is ACE® recommended—when you complete, you can earn up to 12 college credits.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I have access to the lectures and assignments?
Access to lectures and assignments depends on your type of enrollment. If you take a course in audit mode, you will be able to see most course materials for free. To access graded assignments and to earn a Certificate, you will need to purchase the Certificate experience, during or after your audit. If you don't see the audit option:
The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
The course may offer 'Full Course, No Certificate' instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. This also means that you will not be able to purchase a Certificate experience.
What will I get if I subscribe to this Certificate?
When you enroll in the course, you get access to all of the courses in the Certificate, and you earn a certificate when you complete the work. Your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page - from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile. If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free.
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center .
Build employee skills, drive business results
Start or advance your career.
- Google Data Analyst
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate
- Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
- Google IT Support
- Google Project Management
- Google UX Design
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud Architect
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
- IBM Data Analyst
- IBM Data Engineering
- IBM Data Science
- IBM Full Stack Cloud Developer
- IBM Machine Learning
- Intuit Bookkeeping
- Meta Front-End Developer
- DeepLearning.AI TensorFlow Developer Professional Certificate
- SAS Programmer Professional Certificate
- Launch your career
- Prepare for a certification
- Advance your career
- How to Identify Python Syntax Errors
- How to Catch Python Exceptions
- See all Programming Tutorials
Popular Courses and Certifications
- Free Courses
- Artificial Intelligence Courses
- Blockchain Courses
- Computer Science Courses
- Cursos Gratis
- Cybersecurity Courses
- Data Analysis Courses
- Data Science Courses
- English Speaking Courses
- Full Stack Web Development Courses
- Google Courses
- Human Resources Courses
- Learning English Courses
- Microsoft Excel Courses
- Product Management Courses
- Project Management Courses
- Python Courses
- SQL Courses
- Agile Certifications
- CAPM Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Data Analytics Certifications
- Scrum Master Certifications
- See all courses
Popular collections and articles
- Free online courses you can finish in a day
- Popular Free Courses
- Business Jobs
- Cybersecurity Jobs
- Entry-Level IT Jobs
- Data Analyst Interview Questions
- Data Analytics Projects
- How to Become a Data Analyst
- How to Become a Project Manager
- Project Manager Interview Questions
- Python Programming Skills
- Strength and Weakness in Interview
- What Does a Data Analyst Do
- What Does a Software Engineer Do
- What Is a Data Engineer
- What Is a Data Scientist
- What Is a Product Designer
- What Is a Scrum Master
- What Is a UX Researcher
- How to Get a PMP Certification
- PMI Certifications
- Popular Cybersecurity Certifications
- Popular SQL Certifications
- Read all Coursera Articles
Earn a degree or certificate online
- Google Professional Certificates
- Professional Certificates
- See all certificates
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- Computer Science Degrees
- Data Science Degrees
- MBA & Business Degrees
- Data Analytics Degrees
- Public Health Degrees
- Social Sciences Degrees
- Management Degrees
- BA vs BS Degree
- What is a Bachelor's Degree?
- 11 Good Study Habits to Develop
- How to Write a Letter of Recommendation
- 10 In-Demand Jobs You Can Get with a Business Degree
- Is a Master's in Computer Science Worth it?
- See all degree programs
- Coursera India
- Coursera UK
- Coursera Mexico
- What We Offer
- Coursera Plus
- MasterTrack® Certificates
- For Enterprise
- For Government
- Become a Partner
- Coronavirus Response
- Beta Testers
- Teaching Center
- Modern Slavery Statement
1700 Coursera Courses Still Fully Free!
2022 Year in Review: The “New Normal” that Wasn’t
The pandemic ushered in a “new normal” in online learning, but it culminated in layoffs and stock drops.
- 14 Best Free CSS Layout Courses to Take in 2023
-  The 250 Most Popular Online Courses of All Time
- MasterClass’s Struggles Continue with Third Round of Layoffs
- Academic Writing Made Easy: Improve Your Writing Skills With TUM
- What is the Secret of Chinese Economic Success?
700+ Free Google Certifications
Information Technology (IT) Certifications
Managing Conflicts on Projects with Cultural and Emotional Intelligence
Organize and share your learning with Class Central Lists.
View our Lists Showcase
Class Central is learner-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project
IBM via Coursera Help
Class Central Tips
- Learn How to Sign up to Coursera courses for free
- 1700 Coursera Courses That Are Still Completely Free
- Data Collection
- Data Collection is the first step in solving any analysis problem and can be collected in many formats and from many sources. In the first module of the Capstone, we will collect data by scraping the internet and using web APIs.
- Data Wrangling
- In this module, you will be focusing on the cleaning of your dataset with various techniques. With these techniques you will be identifying duplicate rows, finding missing values, and normalizing the data.
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- In this module, begin working with the cleaned dataset from the previous module. You will now begin to analyze the dataset to find the distribution of data, presence of outliers and the correlation between different columns.
- Data Visualization
- In module 4 of the Capstone, you will be required to create visualizations using the developer survey data. The visualizations you create should highlight the distribution of data, relationships between data, the composition of data, and comparison of data.
- Building A Dashboard
- In this module, you will create a dashboard using IBM Cognos Analytics. This platform will give you the ability to create various charts while assembling a dashboard that is appealing and easy to understand. Your dashboard will contain your data analysis, which should be intuitive and allow for the drill-down of data.
- Final Assignment: Present Your Findings
- You have analyzed the data in the previous modules, and now it is time to demonstrate your storytelling skills. In this module, you will create a compelling story that helps to clarify your analysis in an easy-to-understand presentation.
- united states
Ibm data analyst, data analyst, data science with r - capstone project, data visualization and dashboards with excel and cognos, ibm data analytics with excel and r, data engineering capstone project, related articles.
4.6 rating at Coursera based on 754 ratings
Start your review of IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project
Never Stop Learning.
Get personalized course recommendations, track subjects and courses with reminders, and more.
- Type Learning
- Level Advanced
Data Analyst Capstone Project
This badge earner has demonstrated an application of Data Analytics skills and techniques using a hands-on project involving a real-world dataset. The individual has gathered the required datasets, cleaned and wrangled data, performed data mining and analysis, created charts and visualizations, built interactive dashboards, and presented the results using a PowerPoint presentation.
- Cognos Analytics
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Hands-on Capstone Project
- Jupyter Lab Notebook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Relational Database
- Successfully complete the course "IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project" on Coursera.
- Pass all graded assessments and earn a course certificate.
Stack Overflow Developer Survey-2019 FINDINGS & IMPLICATIONS. IBM Data Analytics Capstone project and Car sales data Analysis.
At the end of project,I prepared a presentation of my data analysis report, with an executive summary for the various stakeholders in the organization including
Contribute to rauljrz/IBM-Data-Analyst-Capstone-Project development by creating an account on GitHub.
data collected as part of the 2019 Stack Overflow Developer ... Data Wrangling: A portion of the dataset (provided by IBM) was loaded and.
The capstone project will culminate with a presentation of your data analysis report, with an executive summary for the various stakeholders in the organization
Gain the job-ready skills for an entry-level data analyst role through this Professional Certificate from IBM and position yourself competitively in the
Capstone-final-presentation technology trends of data professionals hui zeng outline ... dataplatform.cloud.ibm/dashboards/dd71607a- e85a-45a9-ada0-
Capstone Project Final Presentation Hrishikesh Galande May 5 2021 OUTLINE ... Data Analysis ( Data wrangling ofprogramming languages, datanaseskills
In this course you will apply various Data Analytics skills and techniques that you have learned as part of the previous courses in the IBM Data Analyst
Data Analyst Capstone Project. Issued by IBM ... built interactive dashboards, and presented the results using a PowerPoint presentation.