Capstone Projects for Nursing Programs
Learn about our editorial process .
Updated December 2, 2022 · 3 Min Read
Our Integrity Network
NurseJournal.org is committed to delivering content that is objective and actionable. To that end, we have built a network of industry professionals across higher education to review our content and ensure we are providing the most helpful information to our readers.
Drawing on their firsthand industry expertise, our Integrity Network members serve as an additional step in our editing process, helping us confirm our content is accurate and up to date. These contributors:
- Suggest changes to inaccurate or misleading information.
- Provide specific, corrective feedback.
- Identify critical information that writers may have missed.
Integrity Network members typically work full time in their industry profession and review content for NurseJournal.org as a side project. All Integrity Network members are paid members of the Red Ventures Education Integrity Network.
Explore our full list of Integrity Network members.
Are you ready to earn your online nursing degree?
Capstone courses function as a bridge between the end of school and the beginning of a career, allowing nursing students to put what they've learned into practice. As the name suggests, students complete capstones toward the end of their nursing training. Not every nursing program requires a capstone, but those that do generally culminate in a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) or doctor of nursing practice (DNP) degree.
Each nursing program sets their own requirements. While capstone formats differ between programs, they typically consist of an evidence-based practice formal paper or presentation. Students might complete their capstone projects as team leaders, and BSN candidates may present their papers to a faculty panel. Projects could include case studies, program evaluations, and policy analyses.
The focus on evidence-based practice allows students to apply research and experiential evidence toward solving a healthcare problem. For example, candidates may develop intervention strategies that promote health, improve outcomes, enhance quality of life, and foster safe practices for patients.
Capstone goals center on the application of knowledge gained during nursing training programs, including topics related to leadership , management, research, theories, and evidence-based practice, along with the strategies needed to transition from students to baccalaureate-level nurses.
Choosing Your Nursing Capstone Topic
When selecting a capstone topic, students should evaluate their interests, strengths, and weaknesses, along with their chosen nursing specialty area. Luther College recommends that students with lower GPAs and weaker nursing skills consider a basic medical-surgical topic. Those with strong clinical skills and high GPAs might choose emergency or intensive care medicine, although some students might prefer outpatient topics, such as clinical services, long-term care, or public health. However, this is simply an example of one school's approach, and readers should keep in mind that each school sets its own policies and recommendations.
Asking for guidance from faculty, supervisors, preceptors, and fellow students also helps narrow down capstone topics. Advisors can also provide assistance in choosing an appropriate capstone site, helping with questions of geographical location, facility size, patient population, and care delivery model.
Students develop and learn the skills needed to complete their capstones throughout their training. These include organization and time management, knowledge of evidence-based practice, writing, and critical thinking. They also learn to conduct literature searches, identify research designs, and evaluate evidence.
Completing Your Nursing Capstone
Capstone formats and completion times widely vary between programs. Students at Luther College and Purdue University Northwest complete their capstones in 4-5 weeks, while Ferris State University specifies a timeframe of 30 hours of online classes and 90 hours of applied project work. Case Western Reserve University's capstone spans 10 weeks.
Regardless of the program, most students follow a PICO format for project proposal questions of inquiry: population, intervention, comparison or condition, and outcome.
Some universities allow capstone projects to be completed in teams, in which students develop and implement the project. Capstone components may include defining the project and the team leader's role, selecting team members, and formulating the project plan.
In addition to the skills previously referenced, such as knowledge of evidence-based care, critical thinking, and effective writing, capstone courses hone leadership and management abilities These include mastering therapeutic communication, applying leadership and management concepts, and developing collaborative relationships and working on multidisciplinary teams.
Presenting Your Nursing Capstone
The capstone process culminates in a paper or presentation that measures students' skills in communication, information dissemination, and application of evidence-based practice skills. Members of the public may attend.
Utilizing the poster format, students commonly use three panels to illustrate: (1) the background, problem, and purpose; (2) methodology; and (3) 2-3 key findings and implications. Students who present using PowerPoint on a laptop or other device should pay attention to time limits, planning for one slide per minute, and verify that equipment and internet connectivity are available.
Visuals like graphs, figures, and bullet points are more effective than large blocks of text . Students should practice presenting in front of others to ensure that they thoroughly know their content and can answer questions. Backing up a copy of a PowerPoint presentation and printing out copies or transparencies guards against last-minute glitches.
Featured Online Bachelor's Programs
How is a nursing capstone graded.
Capstone grading methods differ between programs, with some issuing letter grades and others using a pass/no pass system. Grades typically hinge on a percentage basis of the project's written sections, the final proposal, and the presentation. Faculty evaluate how students execute the capstone course objectives, which may include the following:
Problem identification related to nursing practice, administration, policy, or education
Theoretical research and literature review, critical analysis and synthesis of literature and research findings, recommendations for evidence-based practice, discussion of implications regarding nursing roles, research, policy, and education, professional and civil collaboration and communication, use of the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation, compliance with the nursing code of ethics, including ethical use of technology.
Students' presentation skill evaluation criteria include exhibiting thorough preparation and knowledge of the subject matter, clear and concise communication, adherence to any time limits, ability to answer questions and cite references, and persuasiveness.
What is the Difference Between a Nursing Capstone and a Thesis?
Students complete capstones individually or in groups, while thesis projects must be done alone. Capstone project time lengths span between four and 12 weeks, while graduate students work on their thesis projects throughout their 2- to 3-year programs. Graduate thesis courses generally take place over 1-2 semesters to keep students on track.
Finally, capstone topics evaluate current issues and theories; thesis students incorporate existing case studies and literature while exploring and arguing for their own original research. Some schools require students to publish their thesis papers in a healthcare journal.
Theresa Granger, Ph.D., MN, NP-C With over two decades of teaching and clinical practice as a family nurse practitioner, Dr. Granger is an expert in nursing education and clinical practice at all levels of education (associate, baccalaureate, and graduate). She has published and lectured extensively on nursing education and clinical practice-related content. Her expertise ranges from student advising and mentoring to curricular and content design (both on ground and online) to teaching and formal course delivery. Dr. Granger is one of the founding faculty members of the University of Southern California’s first ever fully online graduate family nurse practitioner program .
NurseJournal.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Whether you’re looking to get your pre-licensure degree or taking the next step in your career, the education you need could be more affordable than you think. Find the right nursing program for you.
Popular Nursing Resources
Resources and articles written by professionals and other nurses like you.
Creative Nursing capstone Project Ideas
Your search for the best capstone project ideas for nursing capstone projects ends here. If you are wondering what a good nursing capstone topic idea to choose is, we will guide you through the process of selecting the best topic given different possibilities. We are a nursing writing service that every other nursing student wants to associate with, and it is because we are passionate about what we do.
When you are ready for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project , you can easily get confused with plenty of ideas that come to mind. You might end up choosing a capstone project idea that is unperceivable and lacks content online. Maybe you will most likely settle for a broad topic, or you are just out of capstone ideas in nursing; you should definitely take some coffee, find a relaxed position, and drink from this pot of wisdom. With 100+ nursing capstone project ideas, you surely must get one that fits your taste. Do not peter out yet; our professional nurse writers can help you draft the capstone project outline as well.
Our expert nursing capstone paper writers have always handled topics in different specialties and topics. You can rely on us for graduate nursing capstone project ideas (MSN and DNP level).
Unlike the list of capstone project ideas you will encounter online, we have categorized these ideas to refine them further and make it easier for you to pick one depending on your specialty. Whether you are a BSN, MSN, or DNP student, we are optimistic that this comprehensive list on the internet is all you need to begin brainstorming on your capstone project topics .
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
A nursing capstone project also referred to as a senior capstone or capstone experience refers to an academic paper that consolidates practical work experience, experimentation, facts to help identify real-world setting issues, and applying skills from class to develop actionable solutions. Capstone projects in nursing can either be inclined towards research or problem-solving.
A nursing capstone paper can be anywhere between 20 pages and 100 pages in length. It should have a compelling argument, exhibit the choice of excellent capstone nursing topics.
Capstone projects are evidence-based practice (EBP) projects and reinforce best practices in different nursing fields. A common focus of the capstone projects in nursing is how to implement technology into practice and effective care delivery. They also revolve around finding solutions for better healthcare management of the staff and staffing issues.
When undertaking a capstone project course, a student works with a practicing professional (a capstone graduate) to help them all the way, offer real-world experience, and advise on the design.
Why Capstone Projects are Important for Nursing Students
There are many goals of a nursing capstone project. These reasons are anchor the need for most students to choose a capstone project over a nursing thesis if given a chance.
- Understanding Community Needs. Through handling the nursing capstone projects, students identify and address the healthcare needs and issue within their community settings.
- Capstone projects help define an information problem or opportunity. For instance, if the rates of childhood obesity are high, a capstone project can come up with assured strategies to address the scourge.
- The nursing capstone project also helps develop an interest in a given specialty. As one works on their capstone projects, they can, in the process, develop a passion for a given area of interest.
- Capstone projects are a chance to combine work from class with professional practice. As students handle their capstone projects, they can apply various nursing theories, frameworks, models, and ideas to help their professional development.
- It helps students look at the world from a systems approach point of view. A student who resorts to a nursing capstone project will most likely make a difference in the community, clinical setting of the healthcare department by trying to solve systemic problems in their specific area.
A good capstone project must reflect research ethics, statistics, program theory, leadership and is always preceded by a capstone research proposal.
Given the goals, graduate program capstone projects in nursing might take an entire semester. On the other hand, BSN capstone projects might take ten weeks to two semesters.
Do you need help with writing your nursing capstone project?
Difference between a Nursing Capstone Project and a Nursing Thesis
As you get close to the final term and the residency program gets closer, you will most likely either handle a thesis or a capstone project. A typical confusing question nursing students ask is, what's the difference between a capstone and a thesis in nursing? We have the answers right here for you.
Most nursing programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, mandate that the students complete either a nursing thesis or a capstone project. While a thesis project is meant to focus on a general issue and provide insights to the reader, a capstone thinly focuses on a specific issue, concern, or problem in the realm of nursing.
Also, unlike a thesis that presents a theory or solution, a capstone paper describes the issue using a fact-based approach.
A capstone project is most likely to be assigned from undergraduate to graduate level, whereas a nursing thesis is only assigned to graduate nursing students. Nursing capstone projects are also more focused compared to the theses. One of the reasons is because a capstone demonstrates the understanding of the topic through a detailed analytical approach. On the other hand, a thesis paper for nursing entails the generation of hypothesis or research questions, conducting research, analysis of data, explanation of the findings, and concluding as well as recommending the evidence-based practice.
Even with the differences, both nursing thesis and capstone projects form grounds for evidence-based practice in nursing.
Useful Tips when Choosing Great Nursing Capstone Ideas
Most nursing students complain that they do not have topics for their nursing capstone projects. One thing most students fail to realize is that they can approach their faculty advisor to help them select a capstone project idea that is relevant to their career goals. Here are some useful tips to help you arrive at your capstone idea of choice for your nursing program:
- Choose a topic or capstone project idea for nursing that has not been widely explored. This way, you get to chart a path that others who come after you will follow. You will also gain knowledge through research, analysis, and presentation.
- Choose nursing capstone projects that are interesting to you. If you decide to go with a topic on technology, for instance, be sure that your career goals align with nursing informatics or any tech-related aspect in healthcare.
- Use the internet to look for the scholarly sources that support your capstone idea of choice. Again, you do not want to choose a nursing capstone idea that does not have credible facts to support your idea. Go for strong nursing capstone ideas supported by theories, frameworks, and facts from scholarly nursing sources.
- Have a range of nursing capstone ideas. Then after coming up with three-four topic ideas, consult with your capstone project mentor on the best approach to take.
- When looking for topics for your nursing capstone, do not go for straightforward ideas. Chances always are that they won't get approval from your professor.
We can all agree that even though making a successful nursing capstone project is laborious, picking the best capstone project idea from the onset makes the entire process seamless and successful. If you have trouble and need help, our qualified capstone writers can help you choose the best. We are a leading nursing capstone project writing service on the internet.
The Potential Sources to Get Creative Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Necessity is always the mother of invention. When the time comes for you to come up with ideas for your capstone project in nursing, you can always wonder where to look. However, here are some highlights of the best places to look for nursing capstone project ideas.
1. Nursing News Articles
Google Search makes it easy to search for recent news in any realm. Think about the issue of mental health among the homeless, elderly abuse in-home care, or mental health among veterans in the news. It can give you insights on what areas to focus on, depending on the community you come from. When you read through the news, you will most likely click on an idea that could be the best for your nursing capstone.
2. Peer-Reviewed Nursing Journals
As a focused nursing student, access to peer-reviewed article databases is a must. You are most likely an ardent reader of medical or nursing journals online. By way of research, you could also have accidentally stumbled or objectively found some useful insights from such journals.
Have you spent time reading recent publications in journals? What are some of the topics that strike you the most? Are there issues open to debate that relates to nursing or the clinical environment? Are there gaps in research that need to be understood? When objectively reading recent articles published in nursing and medical-related journals is a viable way to come up with worthy capstone project ideas for your nursing capstone projects.
3. Clinical Rounds
Clinical allows you to work with a preceptor and sometimes shadow your peers when there is a shortage. In this respect, you may have learned a great deal from the clinical. You can convert the knowledge on your experiences during your clinical rounds and when offering care to the patient. How did you feel? What were some of the challenges? What concepts worked, and which ones flopped? Did the clinical facility apply evidence-based practice or evidence-based nursing? Were the staff focused on patient-centered care? You can generate many ideas at the end of the day by just reflecting on your clinical.
4. Nursing Capstone Papers from Past Classes
You will most likely be paired with a graduate capstone student. You can also ask your instructor and friends who have been through the nursing capstone paper writing process.
Skim through the past nursing capstone papers and see if some ideas come to mind. You will notice that as you interact with the content, your mind will wander into insightful topic ideas for your capstone project.
5. Class Notes and Material
The course objectives are given before you commence a course that can also be a starting point to brainstorm for nursing capstone ideas. As you read the objectives, you will understand what the end project capstone paper must look like. Also, class notes and reading material can give you useful insights. Still, you can comb through your past nursing essays, research papers, concept papers, and term papers or case studies to get good nursing capstone ideas.
Related Reading : Learn how to write a nursing capstone paper from our comprehensive nursing capstone project guide for students at any level: BSN, MSN, or DNP.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
- The link between homelessness and mental health issues
- The efficiency of Yoga in maintaining mental health wellbeing
- Use of expressive art therapy for positive youth development
- Using CBT for PTSD affected veterans
- Impact of sexual abuse on children
- How domestic violence affects the children
- Culture-based mental health programs
- Impacts of bullying at the workplace for new nurses
- Development of a new mental health guide for educators
- The use of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric facilities
- Art therapy and mental health
- Causes of suicide among youths
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Ketamine infusion therapy
- Tobacco dependence
- Safety in the psychiatric centers
- Preventing falls in psychiatric facilities
- Substance abuse disorders
- Substance abuse among the geriatric population
- Health education approach for mentally ill patients
- Addressing stigma among carers and patients with mental health issues
- Mental health issues among the aboriginal populations
- Understanding postnatal depression among women
- Mental health nursing for adolescents
- Mental health scales best for children in prison
- Access to mental health services by aboriginals or a specific population
- Lateral violence among nurses
- Effectiveness of mental health services for deaf service users
- Outcome measures for an inpatient with mental health issues
- Mental illness and autonomous decision making
- Psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment
- Links between heritage, arts, museums, and mental health
- Impacts of teenage suicides
- Preparing student nurses to manage trauma in clinical settings
- Mental health simulation models for ADN students
- Are Intellectual Disability Nurses perceived differently from other nurses?
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
- Operating room nurses and compassion fatigue
- Burnout among anesthetists
- Surgical asepsis
- How to implement surgical smoke evacuation in the operating room
- States that require surgical smoke evacuation
- Improving the Health of Perioperative Nurses by Eliminating Surgical Smoke
- Complications of general anesthesia
- Roles and responsibilities of nurses in OT
- Fumigation of OT
- The Dangers of Electrosurgical Smoke to Operating Room Personnel
- Obstacles for implementing effective smoke evacuation procedures and preventive measures
- Causes and symptoms of Meningitis
- Arterial bypass surgery
- The Impacts of surgical smoke on the surgical staff
- Peripheral artery bypass
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Bariatric surgery intervention for obese patients
- Role of the clinical nurse coordinator
- Organ failure and transplantation
- Patient care involvement and intervention post-surgery
- Improving safety in operating rooms
- Operating room requirements and set up
- Complexity within the cardiac intensive care unit environment
- Burn nursing through surgical care
- Role of certified registered nurse anaesthetist (CRNA)
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgery
- Lyme diseases
- Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Celiac disease management
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Stem cells therapy in cancer
- Interventional cardiology and surgery
- Surgical interventions for neurogenic shock
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever
- Peptic ulcers disease management
- Angina pectoris management
- Cushing syndrome management
- Management of COPD
- Immunodeficiency disorder
- Dermatitis management
- Diabetic foot care
- Thyroid storm and crisis
- Insulin therapy
- Congenital heart disease
- Raynaud's diseases
- Phlebotomy procedure
- Digitalis therapy
- Post-operative nursing practice in Asccitis
- Pre and post-operative care for general surgery
- Minor and significant surgery: compare and contrast
- Post-operative complications
- An interdisciplinary approach to surgical interventions
- Role of ICU nurse
- Application of thermal heating to prevent intraoperative hypothermia
- Treatment of fire wounds
- Classification and management approaches to burn wounds
- Performing CPR
- Wound healing processes and management
Related: Psychology research paper topics .
Nursing Leadership Capstone Project Ideas
Here is a list of some nursing leadership ideas that can be a great starting point when choosing a creative topic for your nursing leadership capstone project.
Leadership is a great area that many researchers venture into. However, this does not mean that all the knowledge is exhausted.
When selecting the nursing leadership capstone topics, you need to be very keen not to choose a broad topic that will make you dilute the content of your nursing capstone project.
- Importance of charismatic leadership among nurse leaders
- The stress management approach for nurse leaders
- Professional development strategies for nurses
- Importance of ethical practice among nurse leaders
- Impact of nurse leadership on patient outcomes
- Significance of nurse leadership
- What is leadership from a nursing perspective?
- Long term and short-term goals for clinical leaders
- Theories that support nurse leadership
- Importance of nurse leaders in quality improvement projects
- How nurse leaders can initiate and manage change
- The link between nurse leadership and change management
- Nurse leadership: Passion or Duty?
- Role of transformational leadership among nurse managers
- Significance of communication among interprofessional team nurse leaders
- Impacts of nurse engagement and inclusion on patient outcomes
- Organizational strategies nurse leaders can use to motivate the healthcare personnel
- Challenges facing contemporary nurse leaders
- Role of nurse leaders in solving conflicts in clinical settings
- Nurse leaders as patient advocates
- Role of nurse leaders in preventing violence in emergency rooms
- How nurse leaders can address burnout among nurses
- Importance of having a personal leadership philosophy as a nurse leader
- Leadership in the U.S. Health system
- Influential nurse leaders in the political space
- Senators and governors who are nurses in the U.S.
- Role of nurse managers in healthcare
- Nurse leadership qualities and behavior
- Effective nursing leadership styles
- Leadership in nursing education
- Student nurses and leadership
- Top qualities of a great nurse leader
- Management styles in nursing
- Improving nursing leadership skills
- Interview with a nurse leader
- Strategies to Address the Shortage of Respiratory Therapists and Ventilators during Disaster
- Strength and weaknesses of charge nurses
- Role of nurse leaders in shaping public policy
- Leadership characteristics that represent excellence
- Defining leadership in nursing
- Training plan for nurse leaders
- Transactional leadership approach among nurses
- The future of nurse leadership
- How nurse leaders can ensure team leadership for the best collaboration in healthcare teams
- Traits of a great nurse leader
- Comparing and contrasting nurse leadership roles in private and public hospitals.
- Difference between accountability among nurse leaders in developed nations and developing nations
- Nurse leaders as change agents in healthcare settings
- Impact of recognition program on Registered Nurses motivation level
- Pharmaceutical Companies Overpricing Medication: Background and Policy Landscape
- The Roles of Nursing Organizations in Shaping the future of nursing
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Patient falls are an active area that is being continuously addressed by nurses.
As a DNP, MSN, or BSN student, you can easily choose a capstone project topic on patient falls and craft a well-written capstone project that can earn you the best grades.
When looking at the holistic issue of patient falls, there are measurement scales, contributing factors such as dementia, mental and physical health issues, age, or Alzheimer's, which you must take into account.
Different fall prevention and fall management strategies can also be an active area for research when undertaking your nursing capstone project. Here are some ideas:
- Prevention of patient falls through education
- Fall prevention strategies in home settings
- Fall prevention strategies in hospitals
- Potential causes of falls in hospitals
- Defining fall and fall risk patient
- The use of SPICES framework and FAMILY cards to assess old patients
- Nursing interventions to prevent falls
- Evidence-based practice falls intervention strategies in hospital settings.
- The use of video and camera monitoring to prevent falls among elderly patients
- The use of technology in fall prevention
- Hospital-Based Fall Program Measurement and Improvement in High-Reliability Organizations
- Role of hospital leadership in preventing patient falls
- Quality improvement program for reducing falls in medical-surgical units
- Factors contributing to psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
- Creating a safety culture that prevents falls
- Multifactorial fall risk assessment
- Healthcare Managers Role in Fall-Related Injury Prevention in Assisted Living Facilities
- Fall risk among osteoporosis patients
- Multifactorial interventions for the prevention of falls among elderly patients
- Use of exercise in reducing falls among elderly patients
- The Morse fall risk scale and its significance in fall risk assessment and management
- Characteristics of at fall risk patients
- Using engineering controls to prevent falls among patients and the elderly
- Outpatient fall risk assessment tool
- Effects of implementing evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
- Standardized fall risk assessment tool
- Medical staff attitude and knowledge about in-patient falls
- Patient fall rates in the acute care in-patient hospitals
- Patient fall education and patient safety
- Nurse education on patient falls and safety culture
- Strategies to reduce patient injuries from falls
- Fall prevention practices at home
- Environmental assessment and modification as a fall management strategy
- Home modification approach to falls management
- Impacts of the design of healthcare stings/environments on patient fall
- Physical environmental risk factors for elderly falls
- Home safety modifications to reduce fall injuries among geriatric patients
- Home environment assessment for elderly patients
- Safety awareness activities for elderly patients
- Strategies and tools to address patient falls in nursing homes
- Impacts of visiting home nurses on reducing in-patient falls
- Role of pharmacists in addressing patient falls
- An interdisciplinary approach to fall management in clinical settings
- Hourly Rounding and Fall Prevention among the elderly in long term care: A change process.
Women's Health Capstone Project Ideas
The area of women's health is also an active area of research where you can choose a creative nursing capstone idea.
For instance, it integrates breastfeeding nursing capstone ideas, sexual health, the general wellbeing of women, and healthcare access. Here are some suggestions or ideas:
- Preeclampsia among women
- Postpartum depression among women
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Addressing mental health among pregnant women in rural areas
- Smoking and pregnancy
- Infant mortality and preterm birth among African American women
- Teenage pregnancy
- Preventing pregnant women from Zika Virus
- The link between HPV and cervical cancer
- Mammography to detect breast cancers in women
- Gestational diabetes management
- Birth control approach among women
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Breast pumps and breastfeeding
- Using codeine and tramadol products in breastfeeding women
- Nutritional management during pregnancy
- Management of endometriosis
- Emergency contraception/ birth control
- Female genital mutilation and sexual health of women
- Impacts of fibroids on women
- Menopause in women
- Breastfeeding, work, and women of low socio-economic status
- Normal versus cesarean births
- Epidural in induced births
- Pelvic floor issues in women
- Constipation after cesarean surgery
- Urine incontinence in women
- Uterine cancer and fibroids in women
- Postmenstrual syndrome and hormonal changes
- Factors that influence the decision to breastfeed
- Use of supplements when breastfeeding
- Exclusive breastfeeding and immune levels of children
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
- HITECH Legislation and Electronic Medical Records in healthcare
- Data governance in healthcare settings
- Impacts of a healthcare data breach
- Use of Healthcare Information Technology to support evidence-based practice in nursing
- Importance of clinical support decision making systems
- The use of technology to bridge the nurse shortage gaps in rural areas
- Electronic health records in healthcare
- Nurse informatics competencies
- Meaningful use and HIT
- Health Information as a strategic resource in the Australian settings
- The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
- Healthcare management information system
- Collaborative decision making through shared governance in healthcare
- Ethics and data management in healthcare
- The use of big data in healthcare settings
- Robotics in surgery
- The use of electronic health records to offer patient-centered care
- Assisting recovering centers
- Role of nursing informatics in quality improvement
- E-learning as a professional development approach among nurses
- Developing digital literacies for nursing school students
- Barriers to competency development in nursing informatics
- Integrating health informatics to nursing education
- The use of smartphones in inpatient management and education
- The use of simulation for nursing students
- Adoption of transformative technology such as CDSS in clinical settings
- The use of big data in clinical research
- Use of electronic medical records in acute care
- Significance of mHealth apps on mental health care access by rural populations
- Nursing Faculty Perceptions on the Use of Computer-Based Virtual Simulation in an Associate Degree Nursing Program
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Patient Portal Underutilization influence by Ethnically and Low Income
- Reducing associated ventilator infections in hospitalized patients.
- Integration of healthcare systems
- The importance of taking the health history
- A disease common with the aged population
- Strategies to ensure healthy aging
- The use of music therapy to increase expressive language skills with increasing verbalizations or echolalia in limited verbal school-age children with autism spectrum disorder
- Employee-based health insurance
- Relationship between patient care and ability to pay
- Levels of evidence in nursing
- Legal and professional requirements for nursing progress notes
- Does pre-hospital rapid cooling of MDMA overdose improve clinical outcomes?
- Implementing the IOM future of nursing
- Impacts of organizational culture on the implementation of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Affordable care for all Americans- Revisiting the legislations
- Addressing healthcare disparity in the US
- Racial discrimination in healthcare delivery in the US
- Macro trends affecting the US healthcare system
- The attitude of Saudi Arabians toward their healthcare system
- Transforming from student nurse to registered nurse
- Patient advocacy and advanced practice
- The use of chlorhexidine to reduce hospital-acquired infections
- Improving the Process of Preventative Care in HMO Organizations for Better Outcomes
- Impact of leadership on health management
- Examining the Mental Health of Veterans
- Associate Degree Nurses Perceptions on Motivators and Barriers to Return to School for a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing
- Managing Complex Adaptive Healthcare Organisations (using the Theoretical Domain Framework - TDF)
Managed Nursing Care Topic Ideas for Dissertations, Term Papers, and Nursing Essays
- Identify the principal factors that determine what form and structure managed care organizations assume and how these factors influence plan design.
- Recognize the main aspects, features, and characteristics of health plans and how these components have changed over time.
- Forgoing treatment at end of life: Pediatric Euthanasia
- Recognize the range of health plans from the perspective of a continuum that moves through key variables as relative points of comparison from plan to plan.
- Recall the types of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that served as models for other forms of managed care organizations (MCOs) and predicted their future.
- Understand the fundamental principle behind all managed care health plans that balance cost and control.
- Know the general definition of Integrated Delivery Systems that can apply to various forms of IDSs.
- Describe the various types of Medicare Advantage plans both those that are quite popular and those that are less so.
- Identify the requirements managed care organizations must have in order to qualify for offering Medicare Advantage plans.
- Know what are core results managed care organizations, physicians, and health care organizations can expect from the effective operations of disease management
- Learn what connects consumerism, network development, and contract negotiation as major themes in managed care.
- Describe the social and economic factors and conditions that strongly promoted the rise of integrated delivery systems in this country.
- Recall the design and structure of such systems and how they function and operate comparing traditional delivery systems with today's approaches.
- Describe the various types of integrated delivery systems for physicians and hospitals/health systems.
- Learn why member service represents such a strong response to consumerism both in health care delivery and administrative services.
- Explain the scope of services and general operations of customer interactive
- Understand the two factors of geography and competition as they relate to network
- Explain the four major areas of contract negotiation and why each if so critically important to managed care.
- Recognize the close connection these systems have with managed care and how these connections are mutually beneficial.
- Understand the impact the Accountable Care Act will be having on IntegratedDelivery Systems.
- Identify the strategies used by managed care organizations to create effective physician change.
- Understand the principle formula of cost and how that impacts the various areas of quality in health care delivery.
- Share what are the case management guidelines frequently applied by the managed care industry in this quality-driven strategy.
- Recall the origins of disease management and the importance of population health, evidence-based medicine, and managed care alignment in its development.
- Identify the major components of disease management and how they operate using its fundamental definition to form this discussion.
- Describe the four major roles and functions of primary care physicians as understood by managed care organizations.
- Learn what are the three major focuses all utilization management programs have.
- Know the differences between utilization management in the past with what it means today and its current conceptual framework.
- Learn the definition of quality based upon the 2003 definition from the Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.
- Compare the descriptions of quality developed by Donabedian in the 1970s with what today's managed care industry understands it to be.
- Know what represents case management and what are its core goals.
- Identify what is the case management six-step process that is commonly used by managed care organizations.
- Understand the many changes that have happened to the original Medicare program due to legislation and regulation.
- Understand the concept of consumerism and what are the two major rationales for this concept.
- Describe what consumer-directed health plans are and how they relate to the broader category of managed care plans.
- Understand the essential value and need that information technology has for the managed care industry.
- Identify the key areas in which MCOs use information technology to achieve their major goals and strategies. Identify what are the drivers for both.
- Recall how managed care companies create their primary care networks and what represents key strategies in that development.
- Identify the core functions of physician credentialing, contracting, and network
- Explain what are the core content areas and strategies MCOs use for network
- Understand both the barriers and challenges faced by Medicaid as it tries to achieve its goal of covering uninsured Americans.
- Explain what Medicaid waivers are and what are the four most common types of waivers today.
- Describe the five areas that represent the most important arenas for applying information technology in managed care organizations.
- Identify the four initiatives common for information technology related to managed care organizations.
- Describe what is the foundational information technology system and why it is so central to the operations of MCOs.
- Explain the purpose and function of benefits configuration and employer group and member enrollment.
- Share what are the social norms operating with physicians and how best to change these norms to improve physician behavior.
- Describe what are the major barriers to changing physician behavior.
- Explain the purpose and function of premium management, provider enrollment contracting-credentialing, and claims payment.
- Explain the purpose and function of electronic data exchange, document imaging and workflow, and customer services.
- Explain the purpose and function of medical management and data warehousing.
- Share what connects Medicare, Medicaid, and employers together as it related to managed care.
- Describe what are similar agenda items for these three purchasers and what are differences they have regarding their agendas with managed care.
- Explain what has been happening to Medicare over the past 10 years that has significantly impacted it.
- Learn the ten significant characteristics of disease management programs.
- Describe the major benefits of disease management in a managed care environment for providers, insurance plans, and for the patients themselves.
- Share the major challenges facing disease management programs, as well as what are the incentives to promote DM.
- Describe what is the business plan component for disease management
- Identify what makes effective Medicaid plans citing the nine characteristics that are needed to do this.
- Describe how managed care organizations address the needs of employers in terms of grouping them.
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you are interested in emergency nursing, here are some critical topics and research project ideas you can use in your emergency nursing capstone project.
- Trauma-informed care for people presenting to the ED with mental issues
- Impacts of educating ED nurses about trauma-informed care for people presenting with mental health issues
- How to prevent overcrowding in the emergency departments
- Impacts of overcrowding in the hospital emergency departments
- Healthcare quality in the ED of hospitals
- Factors affecting patient flow in the ED
- Use of mobile applications to improve emergency response procedures
- How to reduce the emergency department stays for patients
- Emergency departments as the primary points of entry into healthcare
- Role of Emergency Departments in the care continuum management
- Addressing COVID-19 in the emergency departments during the pandemic
- Reorganizing Emergency Departments to address disasters and pandemics
- Trends in Emergency Department Visits and Hospital admissions during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Responsibilities of an Emergency room Nurse
- Patient classification systems in the Emergency Department settings
- Role of Emergency Nurses in Emergency Preparedness
- Role of emergency nurses in the management of chemotherapy-related complications
- Medication knowledge and willingness to nurse-initiate medications in an emergency department
- Addressing the Nurse Shortage to Improve the Quality of Patient Care in Emergency Departments
- Factors leading to the length of stay and boarding inpatients
- Infection control in the emergency departments
- Education to improve staff competence in the ED
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and open communication among ED nurses
- Incentive programs for the ED nurses
- Ergonomics and facility design of Eds
- Implementation of technology to improve patient care in ED
- Nursing Workforce Issues and Trends Affecting Emergency Departments
- Assessment and risk classification protocol for patients in emergency units
- Attitudes of emergency nurses in caring for older patients at an emergency department
- Use of Pediatric Telemedicine in the Emergency Departments
- Pediatric medication safety in the Emergency departments
- Use of MRI and CT in Paediatric emergency departments
- The efficacy of enema solutions in Paediatric Emergency Departments
- How student nurses view the emergency departments
- Utilizing six sigma in the emergency departments
- Lean thinking in the emergency departments
- Assessment tools for nursing workload in the emergency departments
- Violence in the Emergency Departments
- Role of ED nurses in patient advocacy and policy formulation
- Factors leading to frequent use of Emergency departments
- Incidence and Prevalence of burnout among emergency nurses
- Role of freestanding emergency departments in healthcare
- Do freestanding emergency departments alleviate congestion in hospital-based Eds?
- Freestanding Emergency departments and Medicare Costs
- Barriers to implementation of Telemedicine in Rural Emergency Departments
- Rehospitalization rates between rural and urban Emergency Departments
- Use of tele-emergency to reduce transfers on rural emergency departments
- Barriers to point-of-care ultrasound scans in rural Emergency Departments
- Impacts of decreased nursing staffing in Emergency Departments on throughput metrics
- Impacts of Point-of-care testing in the overcrowded emergency department
- Safe staffing for nursing in emergency departments
- Effects of mandated nurse-patient ratios on patient wait time and care time in the emergency department
- Hospital Strategies for Reducing Emergency Department Crowding
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Nurses are the most important cog in the wheel of healthcare. If you are passionate about administrative or human resources management in nursing, you can select these nurse burnout topic ideas for your capstone. Whether you are writing an MSN, BSN, or DNP capstone project, these topics are suitable. Remember to select an idea that interests you, one which can lead to your specialization.
- Causes and consequences of pediatric nurse burnout
- Predictors of nursing burnout in ED
- Occupational, psychological, and physical impacts of nursing burnout
- Prevalence of burnout among psychiatric nurses
- Burnout and the attrition rate among nurses
- Burnout syndrome in psychiatric oncology nurses
- Burnout in the Gastroenterology unit nurses
- Impacts of increasing patients on burnout among critical care nurses
- Burnout among the NICU nurses
- Work and Health Correlates of Sleep Quantity and Quality Among Correctional Nurses
- What is the effect of a stress-reduction intervention on correctional nurses work-related quality of life
- Burn out syndrome among medical interns
- Coping strategies for nurses experiencing burnout
- The link between workload and burnout among nurses
- Burnout Syndrome in Paediatric Nurses
- Prevalence of burnout, depression, anxiety, and stress in Australian midwives
- The Impact of Personal Religious and Spiritual Beliefs on the Mental Well-Being and Burnout of nurses
- Nursing burnout and quality of care
- Impacts of 1x1 meetings on nurse burnout
- The link between nurse burnout and patient satisfaction
- Strategies to prevent burnout syndrome among nurses
- How to assess burnout among nurses
- Can AI be used to assess burnout among nurses?
- Role of job shadowing and rotation in solving burnout among nurses
- Yoga as a self-care approach and strategy to prevent burnout
- Snack and Relax a strategy to address nurses' professional quality of life
- Effect of communication skills training on the burnout of nurses
- A brief mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for nurses and nurse aides
- Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral interventions in reducing occupational stress among nurses
- Impacts of nurse leader mindfulness meditation program in stress management
- Effects of the professional identity development program on the professional identity, job satisfaction, and burnout levels of nurses
- Impact of a meaning-centered intervention on job satisfaction and quality of life among palliative care nurses.
- Development and application of an overcoming compassion fatigue program for emergency nurses
- Impacts of support groups and coping to reduce nurse burnout
- Mindfulness training and burnout prevention among oncology nurses
- Passage meditation reduces perceived stress in nurses
- Explore Role of the Nursing Manager During a shortage of Nursing Staff in Elderly care home
- Exploring the role of Nurses antimicrobial stewardship programme in reducing antibiotics misuse and antimicrobial resistance
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
Best Topics For A Nursing Capstone Project
08 Apr 2022
❔What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
- Health Promotion
- Mental Health
- Nursing Burnout
- Women’s Health
- Patient Falls
- Medical Surgery
- Nursing Informatics
👍Need Nursing Capstone Project Help?
Is it time for your nursing capstone project ideas? If your answer is yes, it means you’ve reached an exciting time in your life. It’s time to finish your education as a nursing student and begin your career. These papers serve to demonstrate what you've learned at school and allow you to put that knowledge into practice. However, choosing the perfect topic for your task is not easy. This guide can help to look for inspiration as it presents 150 capstone project ideas in different categories. You can start by picking the area that attracts you the most. From there, browse the topics and find the perfect one for your paper! All of these capstone project topics are popular and common, and they have been the first choice of us many. You can easily find creative nursing projects ideas and start with your academic paper in no time and yes, get the grade you deserve.
Need help with writing capstone project?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
Nursing students will attend a suitable course or program for their future occupation. However, towards the end of their studies, they have to write a capstone project about the features of medical care in order to get a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or MSN (Master of Science in Nursing). This is actually a paper that’s not much different from academic assignments at other universities and colleges.
So, what is a nursing capstone project, and how should you do it? You have the freedom to choose a topic, but make sure to consult with your tutor. That means your topic might come from informatics, women’s health, or any other area of interest. The idea is to answer a question or a problem and show a deep understanding of your capstone project idea.
Your capstone project topic will require carrying out independent research and presenting a detailed analysis of the issue. The paper can be anywhere between 25 and 100 pages, as long as it offers a comprehensive answer to the proposed topic.
Here is why tutors insist on working on this paper:
- You are demonstrating what you have learned. The crucial benefit of working on these project ideas is to showcase your knowledge. This paper shows you can apply theories and frameworks with professional practice.
- Enhancing professional development. Identifying the right ideas and working on them will further upgrade your knowledge.
- You might find a special interest in a particular area. You might discover the category where you want to specialize during your career.
- You are learning more about the community and its problems. You’ll understand the community better, and you might even help to design strategies to improve it.
You may also need to choose nursing research topics 2022 while studying. It can be fun to choose from the nursing leadership project ideas and work on this capstone paper. However, some students don’t have enough time on their hands to complete the task. If that’s the case, you can always contact a premium writing service to help you finish the assignment. They can turn your nursing capstone project idea into reality and ensure you deliver a superb paper in the expected timeframe.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
If you are ready to start working on your project, look for inspiration in the ideas below!
Before you proceed, there are a few more things you need to know. All, including emergency nursing capstone project ideas, are essential and capstone project ideas nursing have a huge role on the overall process. They can be long, up to 100 pages, so you can deduce that a BSN nursing capstone will need a lot of time to be completed. With proper nursing project ideas, this can be a bit easier, but it is still a complex matter. A nursing capstone can be based on nurse leadership, health care, cervical cancer, quality of life, standardized fall risk assessment tool, and so much more. But, it will always assess what you have learned and how well you have adopted the facts. That's why capstone nursing is considered one of the health history most essential types of writing and one that can make a massive difference. There are countless nursing capstone ideas and capstone projects you will have to complete. Each one shares the overall essentials and importance. Try to make your nursing capstone projects based on your own experience and your own learning. We will give you a lot of examples, and some are based in rural areas, which makes this a bit more complicated. Just imagine having to write on psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment. It is not simple in nursing, and these projects will require days of preparation.
Last but not least, always have a lot of time to focus and develop your nursing capstone project ideas. The nursing informatics capstone project ideas are even more time-consuming, while the oncology nursing capstone project ideas are ethically hard to work on. Your nursing capstone project needs to be detailed, to the point, and includes all the facts your readers may need to know. There will be a lot of them. Hence, you do need a lot of preparation. A BSN capstone of this kind may need 2-3 weeks to be completed. Yes, you can complete some like mental health issues, gestational diabetes, nursing informatics, or domestic violence effects in less time, but this is not a wise idea. These topics have a lot of importance. Hence, they need practical work experience to be understood.
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you need general inspiration for your nursing capstone project, here are some suggestions. As you can see, these are all about nursing training, nurse leadership, and more generic nursing capstone ideas. Don't let this fool you. These are complicated and very essential ideas that are the most common, so you will probably have to work on one or two in your life. Some even claim that these are the most important nursing capstone projects.
- How to Become a Registered Nurse After Being a Student
- How HMO Organizations Can Improve Preventive Care to Enhance Patient Outcomes
- Health History and Why It’s Crucial to Patient Care
- How Macro Trends Affect the US and UK Healthcare
- The Connection between Patients Paying Ability and Care Level They Receive
- How Leadership Affects Healthcare Service Providers
- The Importance of Leaders in Education
- What Qualities Should a Nurse Leader Have?
- How Nurse Inclusion and Engagement Can Affect Patient Outcome
- How Nurse Engagement in Treating Patients Can Affect Their Mental Health
- Nurses and Ethical Practices
- Managing Stress for Nurses
- How Nurse Organizations Can Improve
- How to Make More Affordable Care for All Americans
- Attitudes to Healthcare Systems in Different Cultures
Health Promotion Nursing Capstone Project Topics
Working on health promotion can be important for the community. You can talk about health insurance, nursing practice, improving nursing and more. Most teachers like these topics, and they believe these can make a difference in the local community. Here are some ideas to use for inspiration.
- Improving Brain Health Programs with a Limited Budget
- Managing Depression Among Nurses to Improve Health Services
- Improving Awareness and Preventing Cyberbullying
- Promoting Awareness on How to Prevent HIV
- Increasing COVID19 Vaccine Importance Awareness
- How Smoking Affects Passive Smokers
- Promoting Youth Activity
- Seniors and Preventive Practices
- Nutrition Management for Elderly Patients in Nursing Homes
- Managing Nutrition for Patients with a High Diabetes Risk
- Reducing Depression in Elder Adults
- Increasing Motivation to Improve Physical Activity Among Youth People
- Improving Awareness of Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Promoting the Importance of Healthy Eating Habits
- Increasing the Knowledge on How UV Radiations and Skin Cancer Are Related
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
People have prejudice about mental health, but it’s important to discuss the issues surrounding it. You may have to write about PTSD-affected veterans, different mental problems, and so much more. Here you may have to touch private and public hospitals, while the link is not that massive. Don't forget about attitude and knowledge that have a huge role in all of that and how practicing professional nursing can make a difference. Patient outcomes are important as well. Be careful when working on adolescents' mental health scales the best topics. These are the topics that may help you to come up with nursing project ideas:
- How Sexual Abuse Affects Children’s Mental Health
- Can Art Therapy Help to Improve Mental Health
- How to Offer Mental Health Services to Deaf Users
- Teenage Suicide Rates and How to Prevent Them
- Domestic Violence and Its Influence on Children
- How Yoga Can Help to Improve and Maintain Mental Health
- How to Adapt Mental Health Programs to Different Cultures
- Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Treat Psychiatric Patients
- Can Giving Up Smoking Affect Mental Health?
- Improving Education on Providing Services to Mentally ill Patients
- Autonomous Decision Making for Mentally Ill Patients
- Addressing Mental Health Stigmas for Patients and Their Close Ones
- Can Homelessness Worsen Mental Health Problems?
- How to Manage PTSD Among Veterans
- The Access to Mental Health Services for a Specific Population Group
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Burnout is a problem in many workplaces, but it can have serious consequences in hospital surroundings. These capstone projects are becoming more and more common, and they affect nursing education, leadership skills, and so much more. Many of the nursing leadership capstone project ideas are severe and complicated. If writing a project, consider these ideas:
- How to Recognize and Stop Nurse Burnout Early
- Nurse Burnout Statistics – Detailed City and Town Comparison in Your Area
- How Group Therapy Affects Nurse Burnout
- Mindfulness and Other Techniques That Help to Prevent a Burnout
- Can Training Communication Skills Help with Nurse Burnout?
- Methods for Recognizing and Assessing the Level of Nurse Burnout
- A Detailed Analysis of Burnout Causes in Pediatric Nurses
- The Specifics of the Burnout Syndrome in Oncology Nurses
- Can You Predict a Burnout and What Are the Main Signs?
- Can Workplace Sabotage or Bullying Lead to a Nurse Burnout?
- How Nurse Burnout Can Affect the Safety of Patients
- How Different Countries Approach Nurse Burnout Issue
- Using Management Techniques to Prevent and deal with Nurse Burnout
- Can Medical Universities Help Students to Avoid a Nurse Burnout
- What Are the Coping Strategies When You Experience a Burnout
Don't let plagiarism ruin your grade
Check the originality of a paper with just a couple of clicks.
- Free unlimited checks
- Accurate results
- All common file formats
- Intuitive interface
Women’s Health Capstone Project Ideas
Many topics are specific to women’s health, such as those related to pregnancy and menopause. Capstone ideas may touch on effective nursing leadership styles, nursing leadership, and even multifactorial fall risk assessment. Here are some ideas to use:
- Understanding and Dealing with Menopause
- How Smoking Can Affect Pregnant Women and Their Babies
- Induced Births and Epidural
- Explaining Breast Pumps and Their Benefits and Drawbacks
- How to Choose Whether a Woman Should Breastfeed
- Different Birth Control Approaches Among Women
- Improving Healthcare Services for Women with Breast Cancer
- Pre-term Birth and Infant Mortality in African American Females
- Nutritional Guidelines for Pregnant Women
- How Women of Different Socio-Economic Status Approach to Working After Birth
- How to Manage Pelvic Floor Issues
- The Role of Nurses in Preventing and Managing Postpartum Depression in Female Patients
- How to Manage Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Women Health and Female Genital Mutilation
- Treating Breastfeeding Women with Codeine Products
Pediatric Nursing Capstone Project Topics
Providing top-quality care to children is imperative for healthcare facilities. If writing a project on this topic, these are the ideas to use:
- Sleep Apnea in Children
- Managing Service Quality and Cost in Private Pediatric Healthcare Facilities
- Comparing UK and US Approaches to Pediatric Care
- How to Recognize Children That Were Abused Sexually
- Dealing with a Child Who Has a Terminal Disease
- How Losing a Child Patients Affects the Hospital Staff
- Can Divorce Worsen Pre-Existing Conditions in Kids?
- How to Make Pediatric Care More Available to Children from Unprivileged Communities
- Abuse Victims in Children and Medical Concerns
- Kids Who Developed Measles and Complications to Consider
- Preventing Meningitis in Children
- Understanding and Treating Children Movement Disorders
- Meditation and Other Techniques to Help Children in Autism
- Preventing Kidney Stones in Children
- Improving Healthcare Services for Children with Cancer
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Falls present a huge risk, especially for elderly patients. These are the topics you can choose in this category:
- Preventing and Reducing Falls Among Elderly Patients in Long-Term Care
- Assessing the Home Environment to Reduce Patient Fall Risk
- Educating Nurses on Patient Safety and Reducing Fall Frequency
- Managing Fall Risk in Osteoporosis Patients
- What Can Hospital Leadership Do to Reduce Patient Falls?
- Adjusting Hospital Settings to Minimize Fall Risk
- Analyzing Patient Fall Rates in Healthcare Settings
- Which Patients Have the Highest Fall Risk?
- Using Cameras to Minimize and Reduce Fall Injury Risk Among Patients
- How Healthcare Facility Design Can Reduce Patient Falls
- Using Technology to Prevent Patient Falls
- Improving Nurse Knowledge on Elderly Patient Falls
- Using Exercises to Reduce Fall Risks in Elderly Patients
- Increasing Patient Awareness on Safety Activities That Can Reduce Fall Risks
- Risks in Healthcare Physical Environment That Increase Patient Fall Risk
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Your project can focus on the emergency departments in healthcare facilities. These topics could be interesting:
- Strategies to Reduce Crowding of Emergency Departments in Hospitals
- Costs and Benefits of Freestanding Emergency Departments
- The Potential of Tele-Emergency in Rural Areas
- Statistics on How Nurse Shortage Affects Emergency Departments
- Emergency Nurses and Burnout – Frequency and How to Avoid It
- Managing Violence in Emergency Rooms
- Safety of Pediatric Medications in Emergency Departments
- How Emergency Department Design Can Affect Quality of Service
- Managing Infections in the ER
- Emergency Department Nurses – Incentive Programs
- Decreasing the Duration of Patient Stay in the ED
- Quality of Healthcare in Emergency Departments
- Treating Patients with Mental Health Issues in Emergency Departments
- Administering Medicines Nasally in EDs
- Preparing ED Staff for Terrorist Attacks and Other Extreme Situations
Catch plagiarism before your teacher does
Check your paper against billions of web pages and publications. Get an accurate plagiarism report in a few seconds. It's fast, easy & free!
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
We can see all types of surgeries performed daily throughout the world. This category is vast, and these are only some suggestions to use:
- A Detailed Overview of Treating and Managing Wounds
- Nurse Involvement in Post-Surgery Patient Care
- Anaesthetists and Burnout
- How to Ensure Gastrointestinal Surgery Minimally Invasive
- A Detailed Overview of Refractive and Cataract Surgery
- Roles of ICU Nurses in Medical Surgery
- Comparing Minor and Major Surgeries
- The Importance of Nurses in OT
- General Anesthesia – Details and Complications
- Phases of Surgery
- Surgical Asepsis Overview
- How to Enhance Safety in Operating Rooms
- Neurogenic Shock and Surgical Interventions
- Diabetic Foot Treatment and Care
- Preventing Intraoperative Hypothermia with Thermal Heating
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
Technology improved the healthcare industry. These are the suggestions if you want to focus on informatics in your project:
- Data Management and Ethics in the Healthcare Industry
- Managing Data in Healthcare Facilities
- How to Use Robotics in Surgery
- Nursing Informatics and Data Security
- How Mobile Health Apps Can Improve Healthcare in Rural Areas
- Using Electronic Medical Records in Acute Patient Care
- Analyzing Controversy in Nurse Informatics
- Applying Technology in Training Professional Nurses
- How Technology Can Help to Deal with Nurse Shortage in Rural Areas
- Ways to Upgrade the Information System in Hospitals
- Improving Data Security for Critical Care Patients
- The Importance of Investing in Nurse Informatics
- The Potential of E-Learning Simulations for Medical Training
- Data Breaches in Healthcare and Their Impact
- Techniques to Prevent Data Breaches in Medical Facilities
Need Nursing Capstone Project Help?
No matter how good you are in medicine, sometimes you may simply not have enough time to write a project. It happens to everyone. Or you can be too busy to prepare capstone project ideas for nursing or pediatric papers. In such moments, you should ask for help from a reliable capstone project writing service by PapersOwl. We are always ready to help our clients in any difficult situation and at any time. Don’t ever hesitate to ask for help from professional writers! We have extensive experience and years of honing our professional skills. Entrust your papers to us and get a custom project that guarantees you a satisfying result.
You will get a capstone course or patient falls nursing capstone project, an essay on outpatient fall risk assessment tools, or even deaf service users outcome measures written by experts who know what they are doing. We can help you with the Morse fall risk scale, nurse leaders, patient falls, and any capstone element you have on your mind or have to write for your own purpose. Some of these will be written by actual nurses. If you want to, you can deduce the outcome, which is always stunning.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
I am Dr. Paulus, an experienced academic writer. I am efficient, hardworking, and very flexible. As a student, I majored in History and Management but will be more than happy to work on any other subject. I write everything from scratch and do a unique research for every project.
Readers also enjoyed
The best 150 capstone project topic ideas.
Capstone Project Writing Guides 182 likes
What Is A Capstone Project?
Capstone Project Writing Guides 98 likes
How To Write A Capstone Project Outline: Steps and Example
Capstone Project Writing Guides 13 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Inspirational Examples of Capstone Research Paper for Nursing School
When in doubt, check the samples of our work! There is no better way to prove the quality of our services than to let you see it yourself.
Have a Look at Quality Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example
As a welcome gift, allow us to present you with a special discount for your very first order.
They’re Authors of Our Best Nursing Capstone Project Examples
Competent writers will never fail your expectations on nursing capstone project examples.
As an expert in writing papers for nursing students, I have been helping them for over 7 years. With every new project, I challenge my knowledge and determination, urging myself to become a better nursing paper writer, produce better nursing capstone paper examples, and exceed customers' expectations.
I've never regretted giving up a nursing career in clinical medicine. However, I was always passionate about providing excellent writing services. Now, I have a favorite job where my writing nursing capstone project examples and my medical background are used well.
I have been good at nursing papers and capstone projects since my DNP, which I graduated 6 years ago. And already in those days, my research & writing skills were appreciated by the examination panel and my colleagues. Now I train future nurses, and I am glad to provide them and you all possible help regarding BSN nursing capstone project examples.
I am well aware of how long and never-ending paper assignments can be. Sometimes this affects the acquisition of practical skills, and sometimes it doesn't leave time for sleep and food. How nice that now you have me with my advanced writing skills in preparing top nursing capstone paper examples. Relax, and I'll take care of your project, helping with any writing assignment!
I cover various topics and carry out original research, offering paper writing help and ready-made examples of capstone projects of any difficulty. Seeing your grateful reviews is an immense joy!
I would never have thought that an advanced course in academic paper writing would perfectly complement my degree in nursing sciences. Now it helps me a lot when I work on each new nursing capstone project proposal example. On-time turnaround and the highest quality are fundamental rules. So you’re able to safely rely on my writing help and examples of nursing capstone projects.
Explore Features & Difficulties with Nursing Capstone Examples
A nursing capstone paper is a well-researched and well-thought-out work that deals with current issues in the field of medicine. Thus, the capstone project examples should be concise and, at the same time, allow the author to reveal their voice, demonstrating their ability to communicate clearly and their unique understanding of the project topic.
A good nursing capstone project proposal example should include:
- Logical reasoning about the current stage of the project field. This requires the compilation of updated and well-researched resources in your nursing capstone project examples, which gives the writer ample opportunity to merge these characteristics into a written paper.
- Scientifically thoughtful paper. This nursing capstone paper example will be read by experts in the field and will require a discussion at a level that demonstrates academic mastery of the project concepts.
- Clearly and concisely writing. The final examples of capstone projects are usually multi-part papers where each component must not only contribute to the main project idea but must be ordered in such a way that the transmitted ideas reflect the student’s intention.
How Examples of Capstone Projects for Nursing Help You in Writing
The nursing capstone paper examples are the jewel of academic achievement. In such a project, you must demonstrate that you can think clearly and logically about past and current concepts while demonstrating that you can work toward the future of the field. As such, your nursing capstone project example must be carefully constructed and prepared to show each element of its competence.
Here are three things to pay attention to when exploring nursing capstone projects examples:
- The overall focus of the nursing project paper example should stay consistent. Often, students want to include as much information as possible in a final project to demonstrate their breadth of knowledge. Unfortunately, this will make the capstone paper appear out of focus, disorganized and difficult to understand. It is better to continue writing nursing capstone project examples with a point and have strong support from fewer sources than weak support from many sources.
- The transitions from one sub-idea to the next should make sense. This paper is not a list of objectives and project topics. It must present a logical argument that makes sense from one point to another. The logical flow of nursing capstone paper examples and each paragraph must be corrected to ensure ease of reading.
- Acknowledging sources is of paramount importance. Since the nursing capstone project examples will be based on support from these sources, they should be used appropriately. Not only is the format of the bibliography at the end of the capstone project important, but how the information is appropriated in the argument of the paper is also very important.
Other Benefits of Nursing Capstone Paper Examples
For many students, the idea of undertaking a nursing capstone project can be an intimidating prospect. Although the process can be discussed and covered in the classroom, the size of the paper, the time involved, and its relative importance can be added to create a feeling of being overwhelmed by the entire process. Seeing the ready-made nursing capstone projects examples that others have completed are great to understand better what the finals imply and make it look more manageable.
Dealing with nursing capstone examples can also serve as a kind of inspiration to develop ideas or topics for your future projects and papers. Of course, you cannot copy-paste the same content, but it can be an example of an area of interest. You also might consider using your previous papers to build a new project analysis.
Nursing capstone paper examples can also serve as a template if you have questions about the structure of other assignments. Reviewing several examples can benefit any student who must complete a project.
Have a Look at Professional Examples of Nursing Capstone Projects
Need fresh ideas for capstone project or nursing paper.
When looking for nursing capstone project examples, an obvious starting point would be the institution you attend. Although the general project example format is always the same, some schools may introduce slight variations. An example of the final assignment completed at the institution you attend is more likely to give you a better idea of the specific project requirements.
The Internet also serves as a good source of nursing capstone examples, and what is found there may differ as you see the influence of various factors working within the required framework. This could be useful to generate ideas and additional topics. If you use a social work capstone project examples nursing as a guide, make sure it is high level.
If you explore project papers provided by our service, you can be sure that our nursing capstone paper examples are good ones.
Our Company’s Examples & Templates of Nursing Capstone Projects
Our company offers professional writing services of the highest level. We are glad that students can benefit from looking at our nursing capstone project examples. If you need help, consider using our writing service. Professionals have the education and experience to provide comprehensive help with capstone projects and papers of any complexity.
By using our nursing writing service, you get the following benefits:
- Original nursing capstone paper examples.
- Error-free and the highest quality.
- On-time delivery guaranteed.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Affordable rates for papers.
- Customer confidentiality.
Contact us when you need your own sample nursing capstone paper and benefit from receiving the best writing services available.
When looking for completed works, be sure to provide a perfect template.
Our Compentent and experienced experts will help you realize your writing dreams
- Enjoy Quality and Authentic Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Complete Confidentiality
- Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
What is a Nursing Capstone Project?
A nursing capstone project is usually a clinical requirement for nursing students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The project is considered a culminating assignment that is used to test knowledge and skills in nursing.
This makes nursing capstone project ideas quite critical.
Note that the nursing capstone project seeks to test the acquisition such skills as:
2. Critical thinking
3. Proper organization, and
4. Effective communication
Accordingly, just like in the case of a nursing thesis paper or nursing dissertation, you should seek to combine these skills when exhaustively studying a particular topic.
This demands that you explore different areas for viable nursing capstone ideas.
Some of such key areas may include sanitation standards, patient outcomes improvement, and effective communication in healthcare.
How to Approach a Nursing Capstone Project
It is important to understand the basic guidelines of a nursing capstone before going ahead to examine potential nursing capstone project ideas.
Note that depending on the institution or faculty, the project could assume the format of:
1. Policy memo,
2. Case study, or
3. Research piece
Irrespective of the format, one of the most important aspects of the nursing capstone project is the evidence-based practice approach.
Relying on scientific data is therefore particularly very critical when generating MSN education capstone ideas.
Just like the EBP analysis , writing a nursing research paper , or risk for nursing diagnosis , the nursing capstone project has to be based on experiential and research evidence to help resolve the entailed problem.
As such, you should structure your capstone project around evidence-based practice values.
This may require you to work closely with a practicing professional to come up with a suitable research proposal.
The process starts with finding the right nursing capstone project ideas.
Finding Appropriate Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Coming up suitable nursing capstone ideas is not always easy.
To most, it is challenging than it would be expected.
Particularly, a good number of students find it difficult to generate feasible MSN education capstone ideas.
However, with the right skills or guidance, finding good nursing capstone project ideas could easy and interesting.
This demands that you brainstorm on all the nursing themes you have come across in the course of your studies.
That said, deciding on the nursing capstone project ideas to explore is one of the most important steps when it comes to executing the project.
You could secure the ideas with the help of:
1. Your instructor
2. A practicing professional
Importantly, there are specific features that you should prioritize when choosing nursing capstone ideas, including:
1. It should be interesting to you.
2. It should be simple enough to be easily understood by nursing professionals.
3. It should be specific enough in its scope.
4. It should touch on current issues.
5. It should contribute something new to the existing body of knowledge.
Just like in the case of nursing research paper topics , nursing capstone project ideas could be derived from a multitude of areas.
For instance, oncology nursing capstone project ideas would primarily focus on oncology, that is, cancer treatment management.
Differently, emergency nursing capstone project ideas would look at areas related to patient treatment and management in the emergency room.
This said, common areas to consider for nursing capstone ideas may include:
2. Patient falls
3. Infections prevention in the clinical setting
4. Wound care
5. Behavioral health
6. Home transfer
7. Patient psychological assessment
8. Sleep disorders
9. Breastfeeding promotion
10. Community health promotion campaigns
Based on the above areas, you can proceed and find a more specific topic area that you are familiar with.
Per se, specific nursing capstone project ideas may include but not limited to the list below.
1. Supporting breastfeeding among young mothers as an approach towards healthy babies.
2. Approaches towards implementation of new patient data management systems.
3. The impact of race on healthcare access for African-American patients suffering from acute hypertension.
4. Approaches for continuous improvement of patient care and safety.
5. Development of policies that protect children from passive smoking.
6. Potential health risks that may arise from the prescription of opioids.
7. Implication of alcohol withdraw syndrome on effective rehabilitation.
8. Effective management and prevention of Lyme disease in rural areas.
9. The role of pre-procedure warming in mitigation of intraoperative hypothermia.
10. The effectiveness of silver dressings in the treatment of wounds.
11. Adoption of technology as a teaching tool in nursing training programs.
12. Approaches towards enhancement of efficient planning in emergency nursing scenarios.
13. Approaches for effective healthcare budget development and management.
14. Approaches towards enhancing the professional life of caregivers for homebound elderly patients.
15. Building care strategic plans that are patient-centered.
16. Need for change in the management approaches within the modern healthcare environment.
17. Effective management of fall risks among the elderly within healthcare facilities.
18. Enhancement of systems for patient complaints and their investigation.
19. Management of dementia among patients who are socially dysfunctional.
20. Effective methods for the treatment and management of HPV in low socioeconomic areas.
21. The effectiveness of prescription labelling using Spanish in enhancing proper medication dosage among patients.
22. Improvement of care programs for patients who are terminally ill.
23. Management of health campaigns aimed at behavior change as an approach towards management of STDs.
24. Methods for effective management of symptoms within a healthcare setting.
25. The impact of healthcare education in improvement of cervical cancer screening among the minorities.
26. Most effective approaches towards management of chemo treatment side effects among cancer patients.
27. Effectiveness in the monitoring of heart disease patients suffering from sleep apnea.
28. Best support approaches for patients with cancer.
29. The role of diet education in prevention of gestational diabetes mellitus among minorities’ women.
30. The role of care givers and the family in the support for cancer patients.
31. The need for changes in nursing roles within the modern society.
32. Integration of non-pharmacological treatment for patients with cancer.
33. The impact of soldier’s deployment status on individual treatment compliance practices.
34. Effective approaches in effective management of cancer symptoms.
35. Development of patient visitation models that enhance care and family support.
36. Development and implementation of best policies in the administration of chemotherapy drugs.
37. Effective management of patients suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
38. Key areas to invest in to help improve health informatics in rural healthcare facilities.
39. Need for changes in nursing training and professional development in the modern society.
40. Skills areas requisite for nurses in the management of healthcare technology.
41. Nursing role in the prevention of re-admission of stroke patients.
42. Approaches towards enhancement of data security in nursing informatics.
43. Effective approaches towards management and prevention of obesity among young children.
44. Enhancement of interoperability within nursing practice.
45. Best approaches in the treatment and prevention of diabetes in adults.
46. Employing data research in the improvement of patient safety in healthcare facilities.
47. The use of non-pharmacological treatment methods for dementia.
48. Effective approaches towards nursing education in informatics.
49. Approaches towards enhancement of healthcare access in rural areas for pregnant women.
50. Adoption of birth control medication approaches for adolescents.
51. Educational approaches for asthma among minority groups within healthcare establishments.
52. Care giving for children who have been diagnosed with terminal illness.
53. Approaches for effective management of pain post-anesthesia medication.
54. Effective ways of identifying and dealing with sexually abused children.
55. Effective approaches towards management of bedside shift reports.
56. Appropriate approaches towards caregiving for handicapped children.
57. Approaches towards enhancement of patient quality of life in cases of congestive heart failure.
58. Approaches towards orientation of nurses to clinical psychology.
59. Effectiveness of exercise in management and prevention of depression.
60. Effective programs for enhancement of healthcare access for pregnant women in suburban areas.
61. The impediments of bottle feeding compared to breastfeeding.
62. Effective management of chronic TB in HIV positive patients within healthcare facilities.
63. Effectiveness of college-based clinics in the diagnosis of STIs.
64. Appropriate approaches towards nurse workload and performance enhancement.
65. Appropriate approaches in the management of infectious diseases within healthcare facilities.
66. Enhancement of evidence-based practice in nursing care.
67. Appropriate measures in the management of spiraling healthcare costs in urban areas.
68. Most effective approaches for dealing with medical emergencies within a nursing environment.
69. Measures for mitigation of the spread of HIV in low socioeconomic areas.
70. Appropriate approaches for dealing with nurse shortages in the modern society.
71. Enhancement of collaboration between nurses and other healthcare workers.
72. Use of simulations in nursing practice education.
73. Promoting positive participation of government in the recruitment of nurses.
74. Sexual harassment and its implications within a nursing environment.
75. Prevention of contraction of infectious diseases by nurses while on duty.
76. Racial implications on healthcare practice among nurses.
77. Appropriateness of allowing nurses to prescribe different types of drugs.
78. Online nursing programs and their effectiveness in impacting requisite nurse skills.
79. Effective ways of addressing burn-out among nurses.
80. Workplace bullying within the nursing healthcare environment.
81. The role of the spiritual element in enhancing care by nurses.
82. Essence of effective communication skills among nurses in patient satisfaction.
83. The importance of strong nursing communities in healthcare provision.
84. Building effective leadership within the nursing care environment.
85. Approaches towards enhancement of emotional health among nurses.
- How It Works
- Write my homework
- Sociology assignments
- Excel homework
- Online exam help
- Take my online class
- Online test help
- Java homework
- Hire a nerd
- Python homework
- Science homework
- C++ homework
- Case study assignment
- Matlab homework
- Math assignments
- Algebra homework
- Geometry homework
- Chemistry assignments
- Physics assignments
- Statistics homework
- Programming Assignment
- Linguistics assignments
- History assignments
- Economics assignments
- Accounting homework
- Computer science assignments
- English assignments
- Finance assignments
- Homework answers
- Biology assignments
- Homework tips
- Buy assignment
- Do my homework for money
- Solve my homework
- Assignment writer
- College homework help
- Academic subjects
- Nursing assignment
- Psychology homework
- Literature assignment
- Trigonometry homework
- Marketing assignment
- Engineering assignment
- Business homework
- Calculus homework
- Law assignment
- Assignment writing service
- Discussion board post
- Best homework help websites
80 Impressive Nursing Capstone Project Ideas For A+
What is a nursing capstone? It refers to an academic paper that uses experiments, facts, and practical work experience to better the professional skills of nursing students. Through this assignment, students are required to develop a research project on a topic of their choice within a healthcare environment.
How To Write Nursing Capstone Projects Ideas
Just like any other essay or research paper topic, a nursing capstone project idea should meet the following requirements:
- It should offer a solution to a pertinent problem in the society
- It should portray your understanding of the field of nursing
- It should interest the readership at large
Below is a list of nursing capstone topics for your inspiration. Enjoy!
Noteworthy Capstone Project Ideas For Nursing
- How to manage the Cushing Syndrome disease
- Specialized ways of performing the insulin therapy for children
- What causes the immunodeficiency disorder and how to control it
- Is X-ray care causing more harm than good?
- Technological innovations in Dermatitis management
- Are Diabetic patients able to beat coronavirus?
- What causes high blood pressure among ageing people?
Excellent Nursing Capstone Project Ideas BSN
- The role of physiotherapy knowledge for the aged
- How simulation in nursing classrooms is impacting students
- Should undergraduate nurses perform critical care services?
- How to improve the number of male students pursuing nursing
- Are nursing colleges offering the best curriculum in 2022?
- The effectiveness of health care intervention tools for developing countries
- How to make nursing Programmes more student-oriented
Latest Nursing Capstone Projects Ideas
- Best breastfeeding Programmes for improving infant health.
- Are nurses performing their functions appropriately?
- Challenges encountered during nursing staffing and promotion
- How nurses can cope with fatigue
- The role of the government in improving nursing working conditions
- Are patient visitations endangering lives?
- How COVID-19 has remodeled the nursing career
Examples of Capstone Projects For Nursing
- How to integrate healthcare systems for better efficiency
- How is the study of health history?
- What diseases are common with teens?
- The role of health insurance companies
- Best physiotherapy care for the ageing
- How to deal with problems arising from wrong patient diagnosis
Capstone Nursing Ideas For Professionals
- Evaluate the performance of an undergraduate nursing intern
- How to calculate doses for better efficiency
- The effectiveness of robots in the nursing profession
- Innovative ways of recycling gloves and syringes
- How to prevent infections in nursing work stations
- Barriers to proper drug prescription
Creative Nursing Projects Ideas
- How to make nurses better resource managers
- Gaps in the nursing curriculum of 2020
- Using technology to the advantage of patients
- How long should a nurse rest before resuming duty?
- Impact of night shifts to a nurse’s efficiency
- A review of the cause of obesity among females
- A study on the latest coronavirus vaccines
Nursing Leadership Project Ideas
- Legal and ethical considerations among nurse leaders
- How does the nursing leadership impact patients?
- The role of female nurse leadership
- How is nursing leadership different from other forms of leadership?
- Courses that offer substantive clinical leadership skills
- Relevance of nursing leadership theories
- How nurse leaders can help in facilitating development projects
- The role of nurses’ associations in championing for better healthcare
Nursing Capstone Projects Examples For Undergraduates
- How to properly manage cancer patients
- Prevention of accidents and hazards in the nursing profession
- Compare and contrast between home-based care and hospital based care
- Strategies for dealing with patients who refuse to open up
- How to build a compatible nurse-patient relationship at first sight
- Caring for the physically handicapped
- Ways of handling patients with psychological disorders
- Making the nursing career an enjoyable profession
Senior Project Topics on Nursing
- Effects of having male nurses in female wards
- Standard operating procedures for conducting ward rounds
- How a nurse’s attitude and knowledge affects his/her effectiveness
- A comparison between medical care in private and public hospitals
- Evacuation procedures in case of a fire in the hospital
- The importance of introducing basic nursing concepts in high school
- How to reduce cases of depression and anxiety among nurses
- Defining the standard working hours of a nurse
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
- How to make the best out of a biometric analysis
- The role of informatics for nursing practitioners
- How to upgrade nursing information systems without causing disruptions
- Better data security structures for patients in critical care
- Areas of interest in future nursing informatics investments
- The role of data research in improving healthcare systems
- How is technology shaping the nursing landscape?
- How to improve outpatient scheduling with ease
Nursing Practicum Project Ideas
- Managing occupational stress met by healthcare workers
- How can a nurse approach the dilemma of abortion?
- Better relapse prevention mechanisms for psychiatric patients
- A statistical overview of maternal health status in the US
- Practical ways of preventing and dealing with stomach ulcers
- Importance of health risk awareness Programmes
- Ways of motivating nurses in Emergency services
- How to fit into a new hospital work station after a transfer
If you are having difficulty with writing BSN nursing capstone project ideas, our cheap, quality medical writing help is all you need. See your college grades improve with our professional nursing capstone assistance.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example
You are reading a preview.
Activate your 30 day free trial to continue reading.
Check these out next
Download to read offline
Here you can see nursing capstone project sample made by professional writer, if you want to get professional help for your capstone visit site https://www.capstoneproject.net/our-capstone-projects/nursing-capstone-project/
More Related Content
Slideshows for you (20).
Similar to Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example (20)
Recently uploaded (20)
- 1. TheRelationshipbetweenDiabetesEducationalProgramandReadmissionRatesof BabyBoomers AldrinWilliamton ABCUniversity Abstract DiabetesisconsideredastheseventhleadingcausesoffatalityintheUSA.Thisis despiteadvancementsinthemedicalﬁeld(DiseaseControlCenter,2013).Management andeducationaboutDiabetesisakeytocurtailingthespreadofthisillness.Asbaby boomerscontinuetoageintheUS,diagnosesofDiabetescontinuetoincrease, causingthisdiseasetoreachunprecedentedepidemicproportions(Shakar&Matel, 2015).A nursinghomeintheNew YorkCityperformedanassessmentin2014, revealinganincreaseintheoverallreadmissionofresidentswhoaredealingwith diabetes,diabetes,aswellasrelatedcomplications.Thesefactsledtothequestionpresentedin thisproject:Doesaneducationalprogramaboutdiabetesinasub-acutesettinglessen the30-dayreadmissionratesofbabyboomersinthehospital?Theaim ofthis evidence-basedprojectwastofocusontheimpactofadiabeteseducationalprogram onreadmissionrates.Theendgoalofthisprojectistoenhancethemanagementof caregiversandpatientsofthiscomplicatedillness. Managementsofthisillnessalsoincludebetterexercise,eatinghabits,self-careand educationofthediabeticpatientstothereductionintheadverseeﬀectsoftheillness. Theresearcherutilizedapreandpostsurveydesignedinbetterunderstandingthe knowledgeofpatientsandnursesregardingdiabetesbeforetheactualeducation program.Theﬁndingsoutoftheassessmenthassuggestedthatdiabeticeducationfor thepatientsmayimproveitsmanagementwhilereducingreadmissionrates. NursingCapstoneProjectProposalExample
- 2. Chapter1 TheDiseaseControlandPreventionCentershavereportedthattheoverallcost involvedindiagnosingandtreatingdiabetescontinuestoriseyearafteryear.Type2 diabeteshappensinabout99%ofallthediabeticpatients.Mostbabyboomerswhoare suﬀeringfromthisdiseaseeventuallydevelopType2diabetes,whichwaspreviously referredtoasadultonsetdiabetes.Stewart,BlakeandAnderson(2011)deﬁnedbaby boomersasthosewhowerebornbetweentheyears1946and1964.Inthisagegroup, Type2diabeteshappenswhenthebodynolongerproducesenoughamountofinsulin withinthebodycellsorifthecellshavealreadybecomeinsulinresistant.withinthebodycellsorifthecellshavealreadybecomeinsulinresistant. NatureoftheProject Inordertofurtherunderstandthecurrentknowledgeofpatientsandcaregivers regardingmanagementofdiabetes,anursinghomeinNewYorkCitywassuccumbed intoaneedsassessment.Theanalysisoftheassessmenthasshowedanincreasein thereadmissionratesofthepatientsamongtheso-calledbabyboomersgenerationas aresultofalackinknowledgeregardingproperdiabetesmanagement.Theuseofthe PICOTframeworkisanidealmodeltouseinhighlightingtheelementsinvolvedinthe clinicalquestion,whiledevelopingaspeciﬁcdiabeteseducationalprogramparticularly meantmeantforbabyboomers.Thisframeworkhelpedinstructuringtheclinicalquestion whichresultedtomoreusefulresults. Limitations Thesurveymethodusedinthisstudyhaselicitedvariousresponsescomingfrom potentialparticipants.Thetruthfulnessandaccuracyoftheresponsesarenotableto bemeasuredfully.Ontopofthat,alimitedsampledatausingtheN=9formulationhas dischargedpatientswhoparticipatedintheeducationalprogram.Thisposedfurther challengesandlimitations.Asaresult,thestudymaynotbeviewedassomething generalizedwithotherhealthcarepractitioners.Thelimitationswerealsooﬀsetbya numberofstrengthsthatareinherenttothemodelused,takingintoaccountthe completecompletesystem,aswellasthepatients,organizationandproviders.Despiteallof thesestrengths,themodelusedisnotwithoutlimitations,whichshouldalsobe consideredasalimitationofitsown.Restrictionsalsoincludethecreationofan
- 3. Conclusions Thiscapstoneprojectpresentedthattheimplementationofadiabeteseducation program atnursinghomeshasreducedreadmissionrates,especiallyamongbaby boomers.Soastobecomeanexpertintheenvironmentofhealthcare,cliniciansand nursesshouldtakeownershipoftheirresponsibilitiesbyenhancingtherequiredskills, discovering and managing the responsescoming from the patients,aswellas completingtheneededhealthtasks.Asaresult,illnessesarereducedtoamanageable levelwhenhealthcareworkersworkinpromotingactivitiesthatencourageschanging, aswellasmaintainingbehaviorswhichleadtoaswellasmaintainingbehaviorswhichleadtokeepinghealthychoices. References Disease ControlCenter(2013).Nationalfactsheet– Diabetes.Retrieved from http://www.dcc.gov/diabetes/factsheet/2012.pdf Shakar,G.A.&Matel,F.(2015).Implementingevidencesintothenursingpractice through the IOWA model. Journal of Nursing, 22, 663-667. doi: 12.35345/hdygsrdg/1220.127.116.114 Stewart,H.,Blake,Q.& Anderson,W.(2011).Diabetesandobesityamongbaby boomers:Theneedtoact.ClinicalGerontologyReviews,21,136-149.
Public clipboards featuring this slide, select another clipboard.
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
You just clipped your first slide!
Create a clipboard
Get slideshare without ads, special offer to slideshare readers, just for you: free 60-day trial to the world’s largest digital library..
The SlideShare family just got bigger. Enjoy access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Help us keep SlideShare free
It appears that you have an ad-blocker running. By whitelisting SlideShare on your ad-blocker, you are supporting our community of content creators.
- [email protected]
- +1 (256) 467-6541
How to Write Good Nursing Capstone Paper
It is a requirement that every student pursuing nursing in most universities and colleges has to compose a capstone paper that works as a partial fulfillment to attaining a nursing degree. However, writing a capstone paper can be stressful for most students.
This is true, especially for those that don’t have a mastery of the skills required to write a captivating capstone paper. So, if you don’t know where to start when writing your nursing capstone paper, read through this article to get helpful insights into crafting a good nursing capstone paper .
If you need any help with your capstone project, check out our Affordable What is a Capstone Paper?
A capstone paper is an academic paper that a student has to write in the final year of their studies. It is written in the form of a research paper, outcome-based evaluation, case study, survey, and more.
Recommended: S tudents Assignment Help
Writing a capstone paper offers students the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge they have acquired in your nursing course program. It also involves proposing and solving a distinct problem in your area of study. As a professional academic paper and a student is required to think critically about incorporating the best nursing practices into their papers. Moreover, it contributes to the final grades in their program.
Basic Structure for Nursing Capstone Paper
When writing a nursing capstone paper, there is a standard format for the structure of your paper that you need to follow. A well-crafted capstone paper in the standard structure imparts a positive and impressive impression upon the readers and the assessing committee. This is the standard format that is needed:
1. Abstract and Introduction
The first part of your nursing capstone paper should be abstract. In the abstract, you will explain your nursing capstone aims and goals. You have to explain what your capstone paper endeavors to achieve in brief. The abstract should not be more than a page. In the introduction, briefly explain the background of your capstone paper topic, state the thesis statement as well as outline the paper’s structure and what the reader is going to get in the subsequent pages.
2. Literature Review
After the introduction, the literature review follows up. And in this section, you have to connect the reference material with your field area and the topic of your capstone paper as well. Your literature review should be backed with relevant reference sources from reliable journals and articles.
3.Methods and Material
This section requires you to write all the materials that you will use in your capstone paper along with their sources. You should also state the reasons for choosing those particular materials. Equally, you should be able to state and explain the methodology of carrying out your capstone project.
5. Results and Discussion
This section comprises experimental data for the topic of your capstone paper. The results ought to be explained in the form of graphical representation and discussed and supported with the relevant reference sources that you get from reputable journals, books, and other materials.
This is the final verdict and it is derived from the results and discussion of your capstone paper experimental data. It is one of the most important sections as it illustrates what knowledge you have generated from your capstone research and what ways you found the most promising and appropriate for problem-solving. Your conclusion should be crafted into your insight and understanding. For this, you require to develop the analysis, future recommendations as well as real-life application suggestions.
Guidelines for Writing a Good Nursing Capstone Paper
Often in the final year of your nursing studies is writing a capstone paper. Your capstone paper will show a problem addressed steps you take to solve the issues, the means, and the equipment used along with your recommendations.
1. Choose an Interesting Topic
When you are writing a nursing capstone paper on a topic that interests you, it will be easy to overcome the lack of motivation to write. Equally, choose a topic that is manageable and whose inspiration emanates from your own life and professional experience. Moreover, picking a narrow topic will see your research focused and develop a suitable thesis statement. But how can you choose the best topic for your capstone paper?
- Brainstorm : Take time to reflect on what classes, topics, or lessons were are of specific interest to you. Pick and make a list of topics that you wish to learn more about and consider writing about and take preliminary questions that may inform the direction of your capstone paper. By doing this, you can easily narrow down to your favorite topic that you can write extensively without much ado.
- Read Widely: Once you have a list of prospective topics, you can start reading and carry out intensive research on each topic and find materials for each of the topics. By doing this you will be able to find a promising topic among those you have listed. You can do this by eliminating topics that seem limited or are academically beyond what your coursework has prepared you for.
- Narrow Your Focus: After eliminating the topics, you can identify on a topic that you would like to further your research and write your capstone paper based on it. Note down everything about the topic and hypothesize about your paper might be able to address aspects of the topic that are yet to be addressed. Focus your research here.
- Consult with your supervisor: Before you embark on writing on your chosen topic, consult with your supervisor to get approval and ensure that you have chosen an appropriate and interesting topic.
- Read more: Now that you are sure of the topic your capstone paper will be based on, you can read more on the topic and dig into the research surrounding the topic. Research on the background knowledge and understand it better as it will be necessary for conducting comprehensive research and writing your capstone paper.
By taking these simple tips in finding the topic for your capstone paper, you can be sure to choose the most interesting topic to explore as a summation of your nursing course.
2. Identify Relevant Source Materials
Once you get your topic approved by your professor, then it is time to start looking around for sources. Dig up relevant scholarly sources and materials that can inform your research. It can be in the form of articles, books, websites, and journal entries. All your sources and materials should be up to date. Often consider primary sources as opposed to secondary ones as this will demonstrate your familiarity with your capstone topic.
3. Dedicate Enough Time for Reading
Have enough time to read on your topic and getting familiar with your sources and materials. While reading doesn’t forget to take note of all the relevant information that is valuable to your capstone paper. Analyze everything you read as this will demonstrate your critical thinking ability. This could also be the time to write your first draft.
4. Introduction and Conclusion Should Come Last
The introduction and conclusion are very crucial sections of a capstone paper. They are also the toughest to write. This is because both these sections entirely address the research question and therefore need to be knotted together.
When writing your capstone paper, make sure the introduction sentences and paragraphs have a natural easy flow. A good introduction is what keeps the reader glued on your work to the conclusion and recommendations. On the other hand, your conclusion should explain your findings and recap your discussion.
5. Write a Strong Thesis Statement
Creating a strong thesis statement is an essential and foundational element for an excellent valid nursing capstone paper. One way of creating a successful argument is to take a definite point of view. Therefore, your thesis statement ought to be clear and able to express one main idea. It should also be about the idea that allows further discussion. A good thesis statement should be genuine, persuasive, and provides the reader with the motivation to continue reading.
Ensure that you make an appropriate connection between your thesis statement and the supporting material and sources. Your entire capstone paper has to flow from the thesis to the supporting elements which including the body of the paper. As such, you should be able to transition effectively from your thesis statement to your supporting statements.
6. Provide Strong and Relevant Data to Back Your Statements
Make sure that all the supporting information in your capstone paper is supported by appropriate and relevant sources which can validate the point view provided by your thesis statement. Use the sources you researched and identified as the most valid, strong, and appropriate for your unique thesis statement. Ensure they are well-cited and the reader can verify without any difficulties.
7. Cite Your Sources Properly
In your capstone paper, you should give proper credit to all data and references you use. Although specific requirements for citing the sources in academic papers vary depending on the instructions given, they ought to be done accordingly. It doesn’t matter which format you are using, whether it is APA writing style , MLA , or any other writing style, every format comes with specific considerations and rules for quoting sources.
So, ensure you have carefully gone through the instructions given for citing sources in your capstone paper within the required guidelines. Should you find it difficult to cite your sources in the required way, you can use software that is available particularly for citing sources in academic papers.
When editing your capstone paper, make sure you stick to the format, structure, and requirements given. It doesn’t matter how long or short it is. Polish up the grammar, sentence structure, spelling mistakes, and punctuation error that might compromise the quality of your work.
Before you start editing, take some time off the work and come back when your mind is refreshed. This will improve your productivity as well as better your attention to detail when proofreading. Keep all the requirements and rules of citation in mind.
Things You Should Avoid in Nursing Capstone Writing
Keep in mind that your capstone paper writing may take a longer period to complete. The whole process starts when you write and submit your proposal for approval. Once the approval is done you will then proceed to write your capstone paper. Nonetheless, there are simple common mistakes that you have to keep an eye on when it comes to writing your capstone paper.
These mistakes often come as a result of rushing to complete your paper or due to gross negligence. Most students get poor grades out of their capstone papers due to these simple mistakes. Certainly, getting a poor grade is the last thing you can think about when writing your capstone paper. Some of the common mistakes you need to keep at bay during your capstone paper writing include:
1. Failure to follow the proper format:
Capstone papers require specific writing format and structure and most nursing learning institutions require the format to be followed to the latter. You can look for capstone past papers from former students and see how they wrote their capstones for reference purposes.
2. Use of Long sentences and unnecessary big terminologies
When writing your capstone paper do not use very long sentences and big vocabularies and terminologies. Even though most students use this tactic to impress, it never does. Keep in mind that you can impress more when using clear and precise sentences that are straight to the point.
3. Failure to Proofread:
This is probably one of the most committed mistakes when students write their capstone papers. Often, students are eager to complete and submit their capstone papers and proceed to do other things that they think matter the most. In this rushing state, they forget to proofread their works. Make it a priority that once you finish writing your capstone paper you proofread to get and correct the simple grammatical errors and spelling mistakes before submitting it.
To avoiding these simple mistakes in your nursing capstone paper all you need is to pay close attention to every detail, being systematic, and taking enough time to go through your work and notice the small detail. Getting rid of these simple mistakes and following the guidelines we have discussed above, we guarantee that you will be able to write a good nursing capstone paper.
But should you lack the time and skill to do all that, you can get help from professional editors? They will thoroughly proofread your work and make sure that your capstone paper is perfectly written, properly formatted, and flawless.
- Capstone Project Examples
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance
Capstone courses function as a bridge between the end of school and the beginning of a career, allowing nursing students to put what they've learned into
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health · Sexual abuse effects on children · Tobacco dependence · How domestic violence affects children
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health · The link between homelessness and mental health issues · The efficiency of Yoga in maintaining
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health · How Sexual Abuse Affects Children's Mental Health · Can Art Therapy Help to Improve Mental
Have a look at great examples of writing a capstone paper for nurse study here! ... Have a Look at Quality Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas · 1. Anesthesia · 2. Patient falls · 3. Infections prevention in the clinical setting · 4. Wound care · 5. Behavioral health · 6. Home
Synthesize and prioritize information using intentional learning and reflection, while engaging in the creation and planning of a capstone project proposal. 3.
Noteworthy Capstone Project Ideas For Nursing · How to manage the Cushing Syndrome disease · Specialized ways of performing the insulin therapy for children · What
Here you can see nursing capstone project sample made by professional writer, if you want to get professional help for your capstone visit site
Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example ... When writing a nursing capstone paper, there is a standard format for the structure of your paper that you