Sample Capstone Project Proposal
Getting started .
Open annually between August through November, the HCDE online capstone proposal form is where you submit a project proposal. CAP members may submit more than one project idea, but please think about how many teams you will be able to support in total. The project description should be a straightforward, one-paragraph summary of the design brief or project challenge.
Before submitting your project, read the Capstone project guidelines .
Submit a Capstone Proposal
Example Project Proposals
- Sponsor: ABC User Experience Consultants
- Title: Designing Mobile Technologies for Environmental Sustainability
- Contact(s): Jane Doe, [email protected]
- Description: Design an object, interface, system, or service intended to support the idea of utilizing or consuming local resources rather than global resources, in a sustainable and environmentally efficient manner. Use methods of ethnography and contextual research to understand the problem space, and design a mobile phone application that supports, assists, enhances or otherwise benefits people interested in sustainability.
- Target User Group: Seattle residents
Example Usability-Focused Project
- Sponsor: Usability R’ Us
- Title: Evaluate and Redesign Awesome Airlines Website
- Contact(s): Bob Smith, [email protected]
- Description: Conduct an in-depth usability test of the current Awesome Airlines corporate website. Prepare a usability test plan, recruit 5-10 clients, and conduct the evaluation. Generate a list of recommended changes, and then provide design mock-ups for how those changes might be implemented into the existing website design to make it more usable.
- Target User Group: Awesome Airlines customers
Example User Research-Focused Project
- Sponsor: The User Research People
- Title: Determine Design Requirements for Home Sensing Project
- Contact(s): Alison Miller, [email protected]
- Description: The User Research People company is conducting user research for a client who is interested in building sensors for people to install in their home that will monitor appliance usage, record maintenance and repairs, and report any safety issues. Your task will be to conduct user research with homeowners to identify the design requirements and concerns with using such technology in their home and the provide mock-ups and sketches for ideas for different sensing solutions.
- Target User Group: Homeowners
Capstone Project Proposal : Guide How to Write ✍
January 12th, 2023
Most students are required to work on a capstone project in high school . This guide will take you through more information you should know to work on and not fail on a capstone project . It will also give you a greater understanding of a capstone project proposal.
Writing a Winning Capstone Project Proposal: A Step-by-Step Guide❔
A capstone project proposal is a document that outlines the proposed plan for a capstone project in a high school, for example. A capstone project is a research or creative work that students typically complete at the end of their studies, such as at the end of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. The capstone project proposal is typically the first step in completing a capstone project and is usually submitted to a faculty member or committee for review and approval before the project can be undertaken, remember to know the types of capstone project .
The capstone project proposal should outline the purpose and goals of the project, describe the research question or problem being addressed, and provide an overview of the methods and resources that will be used to complete the project. The proposal should also include a timeline for completing the project and a discussion of the project’s potential impact on the field of study and any broader implications for society. The proposal should be written, concisely and carefully proofread for spelling and grammar errors and critical thinking skills .
Understanding the Purpose of a Capstone Project Proposal and Its Importance
A capstone project proposal aims to outline the plan for a capstone project, a research project or creative work that students typically complete at the end of their studies. The proposal is typically the first step in completing a capstone project and is usually submitted to a faculty member or committee for review and approval before the project can be undertaken.
The main purpose of the capstone project proposal is to provide a detailed and well-thought-out plan for the capstone project word count . It should outline the purpose and goals of the project, describe the research question or problem being addressed, and provide an overview of the methods and resources that will be used to complete the project. The proposal should also include a timeline for completing the project and a discussion of the project’s potential impact on the field of study and any broader implications for society.
In addition to providing a detailed plan, the capstone project proposal serves several other important purposes. It also helps to establish the credibility of the project and the student’s ability to conduct high-quality research or creative work.
Why a Strong Capstone Project Proposal is Crucial for Students’ Success
A capstone project proposal is important for students because it serves several important purposes. Firstly, the proposal helps students to develop a detailed and well-thought-out plan for their capstone project. This plan can serve as a roadmap for comprehensively completing the project, the topics for the capstone project may help as well.
Secondly, the capstone project proposal helps students establish their project’s feasibility and credibility. By demonstrating that the project is original and innovative and that they have the necessary resources and support to complete it, students can establish their project’s credibility and ability to conduct high-quality research or creative work.
Finally, the capstone project proposal is an opportunity for students to showcase their knowledge and skills in their field of study. By conducting a thorough literature review and describing the methods and resources they will use to complete the project, students can demonstrate their understanding of the topic and ability to conduct research or creative work professionally.
Overall, the capstone project proposal is an important document to help students complete their capstone project and showcase their skills and knowledge in their field of study. If you look up online, you will find capstone project proposal topic examples to help you better understand what this is.
Here is an interesting video on capstone project proposal:
Key Qualities of an Exceptional Capstone Project Proposal: Tips and Examples
A good capstone proposal should have the following qualities:
- ☑️ Clarity: The proposal should be written and easy to understand. The research question or problem should be clearly stated, and the project’s purpose and goals should be clearly defined.
- ☑️ Originality: The proposal should demonstrate that the project is original and innovative and will significantly contribute to the field of study.
- ☑️ Feasibility: It is one of the most structured aspects of the capstone project proposal, as feasibility helps the students to determine the scale of achieving it in real time.
- ☑️ Thoroughness: The proposal should be well-researched and include a thorough literature review of the existing research on the topic. It should also have a detailed description of the research methods and resources used to complete the project.
- ☑️ Coherence: The proposal should be logically organized and coherent, with a clear flow of ideas from one section to the next.
- ☑️ Proper formatting and citation: The proposal should be formatted according to any guidelines provided by the academic program or institution and include a list of references in a standard citation style.
- ☑️Proofreading: The proposal should be carefully proofread for spelling and grammar errors.
➡️ get help with your capstone project ⬅️
Essential Components of a Successful Capstone Project Proposal: A Comprehensive Breakdown
A capstone project proposal typically includes the following components:
- ✔️ Title: The title should clearly and concisely summarize the project’s main focus.
- ✔️ Introduction: The introduction should provide background information on the project’s topic and explain the project’s purpose and goals. It should also clearly state the research question or problem being addressed.
- ✔️ Literature review: This section should provide an overview of the research on the project topic and explain how the project will contribute to the field of study.
- ✔️ Methodology: Research methods that are adopted to complete the project are discussed in this section. It should also include a timeline for completing the project.
- ✔️ Expected outcomes: This section should describe the project’s expected results and how they will contribute to the field of study.
- ✔️ Conclusion: The conclusion should summarize the proposal’s main points and explain the project’s potential impact on the field of study and any broader implications for society .
- ✔️ References: This section should list any sources cited in the proposal, following a standard citation style.
It’s important to note that the specific components and formatting of a capstone project and also knowing how long it takes to write a capstone project proposal may vary depending on the particular requirements of the academic program or institution. Therefore, it’s essential to carefully review any guidelines the program or institution provides before writing the proposal.
Top Tips for Crafting a Compelling Capstone Project Proposal: Advice from Experts
If you are wondering how to write a capstone project proposal, here are a few ways. Following are some tips for writing a capstone project proposal:
- ✔️ Start early: It’s important to allow sufficient time to research, outline, and write the proposal, as well as to revise and edit it as needed. Starting early will also allow you to seek feedback from your supervisor or other advisors before submitting the proposal.
- ✔️ Clearly define the research question or problem: The research question or problem should be clearly stated in the introduction and should be the main focus of the project.
- ✔️ Conduct a thorough literature review: A thorough literature review will help you understand the existing research on the topic and identify any gaps your project will aim to fill.
- ✔️ Describe the methodology in detail: The methodology section should describe the research methods and resources used to complete the project. It should also include a timeline for completing the project.
- ✔️ Emphasize the significance of the project: In the conclusion, highlight the project’s potential impact on the field of study and any broader implications for society.
- ✔️ Follow the guidelines: Review any guidelines provided by the academic program or institution for formatting and submission requirements.
- ✔️ Edit and proofread carefully: It’s important to proofread the proposal for spelling and grammar errors and ensure the language is clear and concise.
A capstone project rubric , or simply a capstone project, is a document based on research and is generally given to students at the end of their academic programs. It provides the opportunity to showcase the relevant knowledge and skills gained throughout the academic year in a structured manner. Some significant aspects that help stand out in the capstone project proposal include clarity, originality, feasibility, thoroughness, coherence, and proofreading. At Writing Metier you can order any task, and the writer will help to meet all requirements. So it is important to plan the capstone project proposal well ahead of schedule and invest significant time in the research to complete it in a timely and structured manner.
Laura Orta is an avid author on Writing Metier's blog. Before embarking on her writing career, she practiced media law in one of the local media. Aside from writing, she works as a private tutor to help students with their academic needs. Laura and her husband share their home near the ocean in northern Portugal with two extraordinary boys and a lifetime collection of books.
- Buy CUEGIS Essay
- Buy Extended Essay
- Buy Capstone Project
- Buy Critical Thinking Assignment
- Buy a Compare and Contrast Essay
- Buy TOK Essay
- IB IA Writing Service
- Common App Essay Assistance
- Professional Thesis Assistance
- Do My Economics Homework
- Legal Brief Writing Service
- IB (EE) Extended Essay Writing
- IB ToK Essay Writing Help
- Order Custom Why Essay for College
- Internship Report Writing Service
- Buy Discussion Board Post
- Buy Custom Reaction Paper
- Get Help With a 5-paragraph Essay
- Expert Position Paper Writers
- Extended Essay Writers
- Report Writing Service
- Medical Writing Service
- Backstory Writing Service
- Article Writing Service
- Product Description Writing Service
- White Paper Writing Service
- Speech Writing Service
- Presentation Writing Service
- Letter Writing Service Online
- Travel Writing Service
- Press Release Writing Service
- Meeting Agendas Writing Service
Sample Project Proposals
Sample project proposal - engineering capstone .
Project Title: Automated Production Line Optimization
Organization Name: Sweep
Primary Contact First Name: ----------
Primary Contact Last Name: ----------
Primary Contact Email: ----------
Primary Contact Phone: ----------
Sweep is an IoT Internet of things company that harnesses big data and machine learning to improve operational efficiency in industry. We rely on collecting valuable industrial equipment data through non-invasive sensors technologies to service our industrial/commercial customers. Product development of sensor technologies fuels our growth and innovation is crucial to reducing costs and improving capability.
Machine Centers of our production process require that product be moved manually between machine centers. This increases the time it takes to produce product and increases the risk for defects due to manual handling of product.
Optimize a manufacturing production line for small to medium runs of electrical and mechanical manufacturing components. Analyze and provide recommendations for most efficiently timed process from circuit board placement, testing, assembly and logistics. Build, manufacture and test, automation components to limit user interaction. Automate production of mechanical injection molded components, pcb assemblies and final product assembly.
Expectations and Submission: please review the expectations and terms of the I2G Program for your organization's participation, and submit the project with the form or email this filled document to: [email protected]
SAMPLE Project Proposal - Software Capstone
Project Title: Business Process Applications for a Public Agency
Organization Name: BART
The client is the SF Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). They are in the business of moving people in electrified rail cars, across a collective 122 miles of rail tracks around and in the city of San Francisco. They are a public transportation industry headquartered in Oakland, CA. BART is in the midst of a capital improvement renewal effort to upgrade and replace $3B or more in capital infrastructure. There is a need to provide the highest level of professional project management, and to perform this work most efficiently, and accurately.
We are looking to bring the latest business technologies to our processes. Improving the efficiency of the project management process by implementing single data base synching from our current databases. Our systems using the maintenance database, Maximo, support the planning, scheduling, recording, and data collection for entire capital and maintenance teams. We need to gather real time data from these databases and collate the data for notifications. By achieving real time notifications and linking data, decisions, planning, and forecasting will be improved. We are flexible on the type of data and how to integrate data and establishing automated notifications.
We have an opportunity for a student group to generate, collate, and distribute data from our Maximo database. We would like an extraction, population, and integration with the data, real time alerts, and business processes that can provide real time data collection and event forecasting. Final development is a user friendly data output that can be integrated into capital project management reports, capturing real time maintenance and capital work.
Project Title: Recovery of Starlite Technology
Organization Name: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center, located in the Arroyo Seco Mountains in Pasadena, CA. Originating as a laboratory of the California Institute of Technology, JPL has been in the aerospace industry since the 1920s. Dedicated to the unmanned exploration of the solar system, JPL has built interplanetary probes, orbiters, and landers to explore our universe and expand our knowledge.
Applications of heat transfer are ubiquitous in spacecraft applications. Examples are protecting the rocket engines from the hot exhaust used for propulsion, keeping sensitive electronics on board thermally insulated from the cold space, as well as protection from solar irradiation. In the 1970s, British hairdresser and amateur chemist Maurice Ward invented Starlite – a material with fantastic thermal properties. He demonstrated that a thin coating of this material could be charred with a blowtorch, but the other side would be cold enough to safely touch it. There was no description of how this material was made, and after Mr. Wards death, there is no knowledge of producing the material. Efforts to reinvent this material were made, but with minimal success.
The recovery of Starlite would be a substantial advancement in space technologies. But with the information available, this material is short of ‘unobtaininum’, or an imaginary substance. The objective of this project is to research the feasibility, attempt the fabrication, and characterize this material. The material produced should have similar properties, but shall also be properly investigated and understood, such that future generations can produce it as well.
Project Title: Farm Operations Dashboard
Organization Name: Bowles Farming Co.
Bowles Farming Company is a sixth generation family farm out of Los Banos CA. Bowles continuously strives to implement new technology to improve processes and activities around the farm.
Agworld is a modern farm management program that allows operations to plan and track jobs and costs associated in one program. We will be using agworld for task assignment and data collection. Agworld has a very robust API which allows programs to extract as much information as needed about jobs in the database. Although a large amount of data is logged in agworld, it is not presented as well as it could be.
A step toward making agworld data presentable is to have a dashboard showing upcoming and completed jobs while highlighting overdue jobs. This data would be presented on TVs or as web platforms for users around the farm to get updated about what is going on and what has happened. This communication tool will help get everyone on the same page about what operations has done and what's coming up.
Project Title: Milkweed Harvester
Bowles Farming Company is a sixth generation family farm out of Los Banos, CA. Bowles continuously strives to implement new technology to improve processes and activities around the farm.
Milkweed is a native species in the California’s Central Valley and is a critical element in Monarch habitat, as it provides both forage for adult butterflies and protection for developing larvae. With changes in California land use pressures, milkweed populations have declined, contributing to a correlating decline in monarch populations. Milkweed seed is naturally distributed via pappus (like a dandelion) and when collected, is a mixture of floss and seed. Today, most milkweed is collected by hand, which is a costly and inefficient process. New methods need to be developed for both harvesting and cleaning milkweed seeds in order to efficiently meet the habitat demands of the species.
Milkweed harvesting is the most intensive effort in the production. Milkweed seed is most often collected by hand, and occasionally, via combine. There are significant disadvantages to both. Hand collection of milkweed seed is cost-prohibitive when considering the environmental demands, and combining seed results in the collection of immature materials and can damage the milkweed plants. A successful solution should (1) be mechanized, (2) minimize damage to milkweed plants, and (3) be scalable.
- Executive Leadership
- University Library
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Arts
- Ernest & Julio Gallo Management Program
- Division of Graduate Education
- Division of Undergraduate Education
- Office of the Chancellor
- Office of Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
- Equity, Justice and Inclusive Excellence
- External Relations
- Finance & Administration
- Physical Operations, Planning and Development
- Student Affairs
- Research and Economic Development
- Office of Information Technology
University of California, Merced 5200 North Lake Rd. Merced, CA 95343 Telephone: (209) 228-4400
- © 2023
- About UC Merced
- Site Feedback
Jump to navigation
Sample Project Proposal
Following is a sample project proposal that matches the fields required for submission. Your proposal can be as technical as this one, or more general. The student teams go through a rigorous customer requirement phase, so whatever you don’t include in your proposal will be fleshed out with your team at the start of the program.
Project Name: Metal Surface Quality Characterization
Course: Select appropriate academic year
Sponsor Company: & AA Engineering
Project Contacts: Select yourself or other contacts who will be working with student team
Project Type: Industry
Project Intellectual Property: Company Controlled
Project Citizenship Restriction: No
Project Scope: Shiny metal items such as high quality stainless steel knives and spatulas, and sink drains, can have their perfect mirror finish degraded by dishwasher detergents. This can be manifested in several ways like white hard water deposits (streaks and spots), etching causing a change in surface texture and roughness, loss of shine/gloss, and discolorations (like an oil stain on water). Measurement of these characteristics by traditional means such as glossmeters, spectrophotometers, profilometers, and digital imaging is challenging or not feasible due to the field of view required and (mostly) due to the extremely reflective nature of the surfaces.
Scope: (1) Work with AA Engineering scientists (optics/imaging, and chemists) to understand the current human visual grading system that is used. AA Engineering will supply samples of perfect items and items that have been degraded in various ways. (2) Evaluate existing off the shelf technology and see if it will be sufficient or if we need to design a custom system from simpler individual components. (3) Design optical or electronic setup to detect and quantify the shine, etching, and discoloration over the whole item (not just a small spot). (4) Build a prototype system, complete with optical, mechanical, and electrical diagrams. (5) If computer analysis of data or images is required, write computer software to control the equipment, capture the raw data, and turn the raw data into metrics that are meaningful to humans and correlate with human visual grades. (6) Test system on supplied metal items and iterate on previous steps until an optimal design is found. (7) Develop plans (including cost estimates) to turn the lab prototype into a standalone, compact, turnkey system that can be used in an AA Engineering lab. (8) Present results in a video conference and PowerPoint presentation to a group of AA Engineering scientists.
Additional Resources: AA Engineering will supply the metal items. Because of the remote company location, video conference room would be good for the university team to present the final report or interim progress reports to the sponsor.
Skills Requested : optical engineering, spectroscopy or color science, surface science, computer programming, image analysis, data analysis and visualization. Bonus knowledge: material science, chemistry, mechanical engineering, statistics, psychophysical/psychological studies.
Documents to Attach
- PDF schematic of three test items
- PDF article regarding current human visual grading systems
Sponsor Company: AA Engineering, Cincinnati, Ohio
Get started and sponsor a project now!
UA engineering students are ready to take your project from concept to reality.
Launch your project!
How to Write a Capstone Project With Ease
How to Write a Capstone Project: Definition
A capstone project is an academic paper that serves as a summary of a student’s experience. This type of paper is written in the last year of middle or high school or as a part of a college or university course. It can be assigned for nursing, engineering, IT, business, and other courses.
How to Do a Capstone Project: What’s So Special About It?
A capstone project is another way to sum up skills and competencies the student has gained during the course. This kind of paper may be presented in various forms: case studies, research papers, surveys, outcome-based evaluation, focus groups, and more. The type and complexity will depend on the tutor’s requirements and course. The student needs to pick one of capstone project ideas related to the course or specialization and write a paper. Typically, a capstone project will be connected with the future specialization and require strong skills in teamwork, public speaking, and critical and analytical thinking.
How long is a capstone project? This will depend on the tutor’s requirements and usually is approximately forty pages long or more. You will be given plenty of time to write it.
Along with the writing process, students are frequently required to make a presentation (also known as a defense) of their project. The aim of such presentation is to improve public speaking skills and help students clearly express their thoughts. Along with a presentation, you will need to create a portfolio of your project that will accompany your presentation with additional materials and help the listener understand how you have come to your conclusions.
How to Write a Capstone Research Paper: Step by Step
1. Think of the topic. It is advisable to think about the topic from the very beginning of the program. Take notes and write down the ideas that come up during the classes. Think about the topics that interested you the most and seem manageable. Talk with your classmates or faculty members who have faced the topic before.
Focus on topics connected with your own experience and life. Think about situations where your knowledge from the course can be applied. Your capstone project should highlight the knowledge and skills you obtained during the course and how you can apply this in a prospective workplace. For example, it may be a business plan including a market investigation in a particular area, or the development of a new product or program aimed at a certain need.
2. Create a capstone project proposal. Before you start writing your paper, you will need to submit a proposal to your tutor. Usually it is a paper of 200 words or more. How to write a capstone proposal? Include the following points in your proposal:
- Tell about the topic you want to choose and why you want to write about this particular topic.
- Write about your experience or background in the particular topic.
- Highlight the scope of information available and sources.
- Tell about the research that you plan to do in your project and what methods you plan to use: analyze a certain process, pick certain products, etc.
- List the required workplace and human subject approvals.
- Set the aims that you wish to achieve with this project.
If you are required to write a broader proposal, you will need to develop a literature review and methodology that you plan to use in your writing. Make sure that you have included everything that will assure the tutor that you are interested in the topic and he or she will accept your proposal.
3. Gather information. Identify the sources and search for information related to your topic. Look through textbooks from your course; you can find a list of recommended literature and use it as a basis for your project. Create a folder on your computer and save all references and helpful links in one single place. Structure information in various files, name them appropriately, and add tags to ease the navigation. Highlight the key articles related to your topic that you will be discussing in the literature review section. Group the articles by categories.
4. Come up with a structure. The structure of every capstone project may vary. A clear structure will help you logically divide your work and concentrate on each part. Here you can see the typical structure of a capstone project:
- Title page.
- Literature review.
- Results and Discussion.
- Conclusion and Recommendations.
- References list.
5. Make a timetable. As a capstone is quite a voluminous paper, you will need to involve your time-planning skills. The best decision will be creating a calendar with tasks and deadlines. Correct the schedule over time, as one task you can complete faster, while the other one may take more time than you have planned. Use organizers in your phone or computer to keep track of your progress any time.
6. Get to the writing. The basis of your capstone project is the thesis statement. Come up with a strong thesis statement that is specific and narrow enough. If your thesis will be too broad, you won’t be able to cover all of the detail. You can write your project from any point you like; the only thing you need to remember is that the introduction is written last. You won’t be able to create a good introduction when you are not deep in the matter of the issue. Don’t forget to state the major problem (or issue) and list the limitations of the study.
In the literature review summarize your findings of the existing information on the topic. Make general conclusions and a brief analysis of each source that is valuable for your research. Keep being critical of the sources and note the gaps in the information. Add quotes to add value to your review, but don’t overuse it.
In the methods paragraph, analyze the process of your research. The reader should understand what you have done and how: collecting data, analysis, evaluation, etc. Justify the methods you chose and discuss the positive and negative sides of the chosen method.
In the results section, describe the data you received during the research. If you have statistics or other data, visualize it in tables and charts. Add descriptions and an interpretation of the data. In the conclusion, sum up your findings and make recommendations for further researches and applications. Find the connection of your results with the initial issue.
7. Proofread the text. Reread the first draft and make corrections. Firstly, look through all sections and make sure that they are complete and logically right. Cut sentences without meaning, and add important sentences so the text will be complete. When you will be done with the context, look through for incorrect grammar, typos, and other mistakes. Make sure that the tone of your work is totally academic. And at last, format the text in accordance with the requirements to make it look neat and well structured. Ask someone experienced in academic writing to look through your writing and ask for feedback.
8. Prepare for the defense. Most of the project should be defended before the project committee. The quality of your presentation will influence the evaluation of the whole project. Initially you will need to reveal the essence of your topic, discuss the project research, and tell about your findings. Along with your presentation, the committee usually asks questions connected with your research and findings. Usually, committee members are familiar with the text of your project, as they have already looked through your proposal and drafts, so keep in mind that your defense will look more like a discussion than a presentation itself.
Capstone Project Sample
Here you can read one of our capstone project examples for nursing. We have commented on this paper with essential notes that you need to consider while writing. The paper was written in APA style and can serve as a great example to follow, especially if you are writing a capstone project for the first time. Please, note that the capstone project sample may differ from your requirements; we are giving you only a general view on how a written capstone project looks. Also, you can buy essay online cheap and check out other capstone paper examples.
Click the images to see their full size.
Tips to Write a Capstone Paper
- Strictly follow the given instructions. If the tutor requires you to use a particular structure or to organize text using bullets – do it. All these recommendations are given to make your text readable.
- Make sure that you have applied the right structure. Capstone projects are usually voluminous and require a clear structure.
- Create a powerful thesis statement that will show you potential.
- Plan your time wisely. Create a time schedule for completing your paper.
- Pick reliable sources only. The quality of your work will depend on the sources you use.
- Pay attention to the layout. Follow the required style and format, as the presentation is vital.
- Stick to one single style of writing and tone. The paper should be written using an academic style of writing – avoid a narrative or personal style.
- Constantly contact your supervisor to make sure that you are going the right way.
Mistakes to Avoid in a Capstone Project
- Don’t pick the topic that requires tons of calculations or complex concepts. If you will need to make a presentation of your project, the listeners will get bored from the numbers.
- Avoid repetitions and self-plagiarism (copying parts of text from your previous researches).
- Don’t underestimate the meaning of a capstone project – it may be as important as a thesis or dissertation.
- Don’t use long sentences. Make your writing laconic and to the point. A capstone project doesn’t require narrative skills, only academic writing skills, and involves accurate sentences which present a certain idea.
- Don’t skip doing proper proofreading and editing. Even a single grammatical or punctuation error may spoil the impression from a good capstone project.
How to Choose Capstone Project Topics
Choosing a topic is crucial for your capstone project—it has to be interesting, engaging and at least be somehow connected with your interests or hobbies. If you are wondering why, just imagine you need to write 45 pages on a topic you feel deadly bored about. Is that convincing enough?
1) The difficulty with choosing a topic for your capstone project is that it actually can be related to two or even more disciplines, not only one. So take your time and think what has fascinated you during your studies the most. If you have some notes left from previous years, you can look them through (of course, if you have a habit of writing questions that come to your head during a lecture). This is still not a topic, but at least you will find the direction to move in.
2) Now it’s time to actually choose the topic . You have the field of studies – let’s lay, literature and language. What do you need to do here is have a quick look at what you have been studying the whole course and form a related topic. To make the task easier, ask your counselor to give you a list of topics or review the works written previously in your department. You can base your topic on those you’ve found or come up with a completely unique one, but remember that you need it to be confirmed by your project counselor.
3) Don’t be afraid of changes. In the process of the research, most students find that their topic doesn’t quite suit the scientific reality they encounter. For example, if your topic was “symbols in Celtic love poetry,” you initially find out that the Celts weren’t very fond of writing love poetry, and most of their poems were about battles, power and might. But don’t be afraid, as this doesn’t mean you have to conduct new research or something—simply adjust the topic. If you have found reasons why the Celts didn’t write about love, then your topic should include this important discovery. It will read like this “Main reasons for avoiding the love topic.”
Do you have a better idea on how to write a capstone project? Share your opinion in the comment section below. The best and most useful secrets will be added to the article.
We hope that our guide and tips have given you a basic understanding of how to write a capstone project. All of this information is general, as every capstone project depends on your department requirements and program. We wish you to write a capstone project with ease!
- High School Capstone Project Example
- Capstone Project Example: Virtual Brands
- Retirement Farewell Speech Example
- Farewell Speech Example
- Business Owner Farewell Speech Sample
- Receiving a Twenty Year Service Award
- Princeton Graduation Speech
- Never Giving up on a Dream
- Medical Student Graduation Speech
- Tribute Presentation Sample
- Greenpeace Organization
- Treatments of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Marketing Manager Speech Sample
- Demographic Policy and Abortion in China
- Causes of Teenage Drug Addiction
- Positive Effects of Classical Music
- Developing of Professional Skills of the Employees
- College Psychologist Speech
- How to Plan an International Trip
- Demonstrating a Marketing Plan for New Product Line
- Destructive Effects of GMO on Children
- Child Adoption Speech
- Become a Volunteer
- Why Videos Go Viral
- Party Planning for Children’s Birthday Parties
- Modern Relationship Problems Presentation Sample
- The Advantages of Jogging
- Let’s Become Vegetarians
- Killing Routines
Non-fiction review, creative review, business letters, academic letters, personal letters, essay writing, business writing, creative writing, research papers, writing tips, give your grades a boost.
Original papers by high quality experts
Free preview and unlimited revisions
Masters Capstone Project Examples
What is inquiry based learning.
starting at just $22/page
Code of Ethics
Environmental radiation protection 2, msw level case study macro level, couldn't find the right masters capstone project example, pastoral couples family life challenges and possible interventions, evaluating the longevity of dmdd, evidence based practice on implementation on early sepsis detection, early detection of neonatal sepsis, radiation s, advantages and disadvantages of mammography, paypal accounting and financial analysis, paypal organization, literature review about radiation safety management in ct scan, environmental radiation protection, portfolio diversification, analysis uk mercosur trade agreement opportunities post brexit in the alcoholic beverage industry, independent student profile, computer science capstone, congruence model of organizational behavior, paypal company recommendations and conclusions, organizational structure, organizational diagnostic models [comparative analysis], organizational diagnostic model, paypal outline, paypal company, organizational system and processes, organizational diagnostic models, jfk medical center, artificial intelligence in accounting, business incorporation, steps to justify an information system initiative.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
The Best 150 Capstone Project Topic Ideas
10 May 2022
❔What is a Capstone Project?
Capstone Project Ideas:
- 💾Computer Science
- 🎒High School Education
- 💻Information Technology
✅Capstone Writing: 10 Steps
The long path of research works ahead, and you can’t find any capstone project ideas that would be interesting and innovative? The task can seem even more challenging for you to feel all the responsibility of this first step. The top 150 capstone ideas presented below aim to make a choice not so effort-consuming.
With the list of the capstone project topics we've picked for you, you'll be covered in major subjects. Continue reading, and you'll get ideas for capstone projects in information technology, nursing, psychology, marketing, management, and more.
What is a Capstone Project?
Educational institutions use the capstone project to evaluate your understanding of the course on various parameters. For the students, the work on the project gives an excellent opportunity to demonstrate their presentation, problem-solving and soft skills. Capstone projects are normally used in the curriculum of colleges and schools. Also called a senior exhibition or a culminating project, these assignments are given to finish the academic course.
This assignment has several different objectives, among which are the following:
- to encourage independent planning,
- to learn to meet up deadlines,
- to practice a detailed analysis,
- to work in teams.
It's not that easy to pick the right capstone paper topic. The problem intensifies as each student or separate teams have to work on a single assignment which has to be unique. The best capstone project ideas may possibly run out. However, whatever topic you opt for, you’d better start your preparation and research on the subject as early as possible.
Need help with writing capstone project?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
Amazing Capstone Project Ideas for Nursing Course
Studying nursing is challenging, as it requires a prominent theoretical foundation and is fully practical at the same time. You should have to do thorough research and provide evidence for your ideas, but what to start with? The preparation for your capstone project in nursing won’t be so overwhelming if you make use of these capstone title ideas:
- Innovation and Improvement in Nursing
- Vaccination Chart Creation
- The Role of Nurses in Today's Society
- Shortage in Nursing and Its Effects on Healthcare
- Evidential Practices and Their Promotion in Nursing
- Global Changes in the Approach to Vaccination
- Top Emergency Practices
- Preventive Interventions for ADHD
- Quality of Nursing and Hospital Personnel Shifts: The Interrelation
- Ways to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Brand New Approaches in Diagnostics in the Nursing Field
- Diabetes Mellitus in Young Adults: Prevention and Treatment
- Healthcare in Ambulances: Methods of Improvement
- Postpartum Depression Therapy
- The Ways to Carry a Healthy Baby
Attractive Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
Computer science is so rapidly developing that you might easily get lost in the new trends in the sphere. Gaming and internet security, machine learning and computer forensics, artificial intelligence, and database development – you first have to settle down on something. Check the topics for the capstone project examples below to pick one. Decide how deeply you will research the topic and define how wide or narrow the sphere of your investigation will be.
- Cybersecurity: Threats and Elimination Ways
- Data Mining in Commerce: Its Role and Perspectives
- Programming Languages Evolution
- Social Media Usage: How Safe It Is?
- Classification of Images
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence in Insurance Cost Prediction
- Key Security Concerns of Internet Banking
- SaaS Technologies of the Modern Time
- Evolvement of Mobile Gaming and Mobile Gambling
- The Role of Cloud Computing and IoT in Modern Times
- Chatbots and Their Role in Modern Customer Support
- Computer Learning Hits and Misses
- Digitalization of Education
- Artificial Intelligence in Education: Perspectives
- Software Quality Control: Top Modern Practices
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
Several High School Education Capstone Project Ideas for Inspiration
High school education is a transit point in professional education and the most valuable period for personal soft skills development. No wonder that the list of capstone project ideas in high school education involves rather various topics. They may range from local startup analysis and engineer’s career path to bullying problems. It’s up to you to use the chosen statement as the ready capstone project title or just an idea for future development.
- A Small Enterprise Business Plan
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Virtual Learning in Schools
- Space Tourism: The Start and Development
- Pros and Cons of Uniforms and Dress Codes
- What is Cyberbullying and How to Reduce It
- Becoming a Doctor: Find Your Way
- Career in Sports: Pros and Cons
- How to Eliminate the Risks of Peer Pressure
- Ensuring Better Behaviours in Classroom
- Cutting-Edge Technologies: NASA versus SpaceX
- The Reverse Side of Shyness
- Stress in High School and the Ways to Minimize It
- How to Bring Up a Leader
- Outdated Education Practices
- Learning Disabilities: What to Pay Attention to in Children’s Development
Capstone Project Topics in Information Technology – Search for Your Best
Information technology is a separate area developed on the basis of computer science, and it might be challenging to capture the differences between them. If you hesitate about what to start with – use the following topics for capstone project as the starting point for your capstone research topics.
- Types of Databases in Information Systems
- Voice Recognition Technology and Its Benefits
- The Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- Security Issues of VPN Usage
- Censorship in Internet Worldwide
- Problems of Safe and Secure Internet Environment
- The Cryptocurrency Market: What Are the Development Paths?
- Analytics in the Oil and Gas Industry: The Benefits of Big Data Utilization
- Procedures, Strengths and Weaknesses in Data Mining
- Networking Protocols: Safety Evaluation
- Implementation of Smart Systems in Parking
- Workplace Agile Methodology
- Manual Testing vs. Automated Testing
- Programming Algorithms and the Differences Between Them
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Cybersecurity
Psychology Capstone Project Ideas
Society shows increasing attention to mental health. The range of issues that influence human psychology is vast, and the choice may be difficult. You’ll find simple capstone project ideas to settle on in the following list.
- The Impact of Abortion on Mental Health
- Bipolar Disorder and Its Overall Effects on the Life Quality
- How Gender Influences Depression
- Inherited and Environmental Effects on Hyperactive Children
- The Impact of Culture on Psychology
- How Sleep Quality Influences the Work Performance
- Long- and Short-Term Memory: The Comparison
- Studying Schizophrenia
- Terrorist’s Psychology: Comprehension and Treatment
- The Reasons for Suicidal Behaviour
- Aggression in Movies and Games and Its Effects on Teenagers
- Military Psychology: Its Methods and Outcomes
- The Reasons for Criminal Behavior: A Psychology Perspective
- Psychological Assessment of Juvenile Sex Offenders
- Do Colours Affect The Brain?
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
Capstone Project Ideas for Management Course
Studying management means dealing with the most varied spheres of life, problem-solving in different business areas, and evaluating risks. The challenge starts when you select the appropriate topic for your capstone project. Let the following list help you come up with your ideas.
- Innovative Approaches in Management in Different Industries
- Analyzing Hotels Customer Service
- Project Manager: Profile Evaluation
- Crisis Management in Small Business Enterprises
- Interrelation Between Corporate Strategies and Their Capital Structures
- How to Develop an Efficient Corporate Strategy
- The Reasons For Under-Representation of Managing Women
- Ways to Create a Powerful Public Relations Strategy
- The Increasing Role of Technology in Management
- Fresh Trends in E-Commerce Management
- Political Campaigns Project Management
- The Risk Management Importance
- Key Principles in the Management of Supply Chains
- Relations with Suppliers in Business Management
- Business Management: Globalization Impact
Capstone Project Ideas for Your Marketing Course
Marketing aims to make the business attractive to the customer and client-oriented. The variety of easy capstone project ideas below gives you the start for your research work.
- How to Maximize Customer Engagement
- Real Businesses Top Content Strategies
- Creation of Brand Awareness in Online Environments
- The Efficiency of Blogs in Traffic Generation
- Marketing Strategies in B2B and B2C
- Marketing and Globalization
- Traditional Marketing and Online Marketing: Distinguishing Features
- How Loyalty Programs Influence Customers
- The Principles of E-Commerce Marketing
- Brand Value Building Strategies
- Personnel Metrics in Marketing
- Social Media as Marketing Tools
- Advertising Campaigns: The Importance of Jingles
- How to Improve Marketing Channels
- Habitual Buying Behaviours of Customers
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas
It’s difficult to find a more varied discipline than engineering. If you study it – you already know your specialization and occupational interest, but the list of ideas below can be helpful.
- How to Make a Self-Flying Robot
- How to Make Robotic Arm
- Biomass Fuelled Water Heater
- Geological Data: Transmission and Storage
- Uphill Wheelchairs: The Use and Development
- Types of Pollution Monitoring Systems
- Operation Principles of Solar Panels
- Developing a Playground for Children with Disabilities
- The Car with a Remote-Control
- Self-Driving Cars: Future or Fantasy?
- The Perspectives of Stair-Climbing Wheelchair
- Mechanisms of Motorized Chains
- How to Build a Car Engine
- Electric Vehicles are Environment-Friendly: Myth or Reality?
- The Use of Engineering Advancements in Agriculture
More than just a spell check
Editors on PapersOwl can edit your paper and give recommendations on how to improve your writing:
- Sentence structure
- Academic style
Capstone Project Ideas for MBA
Here you might read some senior capstone project ideas to help you with your MBA assignment.
- Management Strategies for Developing Countries Businesses
- New App Market Analysis
- Corporate Downsizing and the Following Re-Organization
- How to Make a Business Plan for a Start-Up
- Relationships with Stakeholders
- Small Teams: Culture and Conflict
- Organization Managing Diversity
- What to Pay Attention to in Business Outsourcing
- Business Management and Globalization
- The Most Recent HR Management Principles
- Dealing with Conflicts in Large Companies
- Culturally Differentiated Approaches in Management
- Ethical Principles in Top-Tier Management
- Corporate Strategy Design
- Risk Management and Large Businesses
Capstone Project Ideas for an Accounting Course
Try these ideas for your Capstone Project in Accounting – and get the best result possible.
- How Popular Accounting Theories Developed
- Fixed Assets Accounting System
- Accounting Principles in Information Systems
- Interrelation Between Accounting and Ethical Decision-Making
- Ways to Minimize a Company’s Tax Liabilities
- Tax Evasion and Accounting: Key Principles
- Auditing Firm Accounting Procedures
- A New Accounting Theory Development
- Accounting Software
- Top Three World Recessions
- Accounting Methods in Proprietorship
- Accounting Standards Globally and Locally
- Personal Finance and the Recession Effect
- Company Accounting: Managerial Principles and Functions
- Payroll Management Systems
Capstone Writing: 10 Essential Steps
Be it a senior capstone project of a high school pupil or the one for college, you follow these ten steps. This will ensure you’ll create a powerful capstone paper in the outcome and get the best grade:
- One of the tips to choose a topic that your professors would be interested in is picking a subject in the course of your classes. Make notes during the term and you will definitely encounter an appropriate topic.
- Opt for a precise topic rather than a general one. This concerns especially business subjects.
- Have your capstone project topic approved by your professor.
- Conduct a thorough information search before developing a structure.
- Don’t hesitate to do surveys; they can provide extra points.
- Schedule your time correctly, ensuring a large enough time gap for unpredictable needs.
- Never avoid proofreading – this is the last but not least step before submission.
- Stick up to the topic and logical structure of your work.
- Get prepared to present your project to the audience, learn all the essential points, and stay confident.
- Accept feedback open-mindedly from your teacher as well as your peers.
Preparation of a powerful capstone project involves both selection of an exciting topic and its in-depth examination. If you are interested in the topic, you'll be able to demonstrate to your professor a deep insight into the subject. The lists of ideas above will inspire you and prepare you for the successful completion of your project. Don’t hesitate to try them now!
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
I am Dr. Paulus, an experienced academic writer. I am efficient, hardworking, and very flexible. As a student, I majored in History and Management but will be more than happy to work on any other subject. I write everything from scratch and do a unique research for every project.
Readers also enjoyed
What is a capstone project.
Capstone Project Writing Guides 98 likes
How To Write A Capstone Project Outline: Steps and Example
Capstone Project Writing Guides 13 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
- Essay Writing
- Extended Essays
- IB Internal Assessment
- Theory of Knowledge
- Research Writing
- Literature Review
- Assignment Help
- Capstone Projects
- College Application
- Online Class
Capstone Project: Definition, Types, Structure, and Examples
by Antony W
September 5, 2021
If you're reading this, chances are that you're in your final year of school and the words "capstone project" have come up somewhere in your first or second semester.
You're probably looking for a quick score on the topic - what it's about, a project template, or even a sample. If so, you're in the right place.
Before we get into it, you' need to know that you're in the hands of consummate capstone project experts.
Help for Assessment is composed of scholars at all levels of academic achievement including Masters and Ph.D., all inspired and motivated to help students like you achieve their academic goals. The expertise and experience we have spans years. Even better, this combined academic expertise is placed at your disposal. If your capstone research project is already giving you goosebumps, we will do it for you from scratch including the project proposal, research, write up, and final review before submission.
Remember, you can trust Help for Assessment to complete your capstone project successfully and earn you top grades. All you have to do is order the service here on our service page.
In the meantime, let us explore the definition of the capstone project, types of projects for students, and a sample capstone project.
What Is a Capstone Project?
A capstone project in college is a final independent project undertaken in a program of study designed to assess the skills, knowledge, and expertise acquired by the student.
As the name suggests, it is the capstone or crowning achievement of academic life and the last class taken before graduation. It gives you the final credits required to pass the course, which is why every student must take the project.
Since it is designed to assess knowledge and skills gained in a particular discipline, capstone projects vary from school to school and discipline to discipline.
Such a project might involve something as simple as research on a topic, an evaluation of a new technique or method, development of a health program, research into a historical figure or event, or even composing a skit or theatre presentation.
No matter what kind of project you choose to undertake, the result is the same. You get to showcase your understanding of the coursework material learned and display your readiness to enter the professional world to start your career. It is a rewarding experience if done right, but can mess up your final year and possibly your graduation if you manage to mess it up.
Do you know that a successful capstone project also helps to land you lucrative jobs? That’s right, capstone projects are one of the ways potential employers find out just how learned, resourceful, and talented you are. Think of it as a kind of thesis.
Capstone projects are also called culminating projects, experience, senior exhibition, or other similar names. The project is usually self-directed, and most students find it a challenge to even come up with the right capstone project topic.
Capstone Project Vs. Thesis
A capstone project and a thesis are both very similar in that they represent a final effort from the student just before graduation.
They are done in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the course being undertaken. The comprehensive approach and assessment involved are very similar, and sometimes the structure and methodology might overlap.
Both also have to be reviewed and approved by the institution and will remain in the public domain after publishing.
However, there are some important differences.
- A thesis is purely academic while a capstone project focuses more on the practical preparation of the student for the real world/job market.
- A thesis is guided by a research question resulting in the addition of new knowledge to the field, while a capstone project is guided by the practical importance of the project to the field.
- A thesis involves academic research and analysis, while a capstone project can be anything including a dance or film.
- A thesis is expected to be original and authentic, while a capstone project will have more loose requirements. You can borrow another person’s capstone project ideas , so long as you demonstrate your own advancement in the field.
- A capstone project will usually only have a brief write-up or report, while a thesis generates a detailed, extensive writeup.
- The final presentation of a thesis, called a defense, is meant to prove and show that you have mastered the subject. You are supposed to be a mini-expert in the field. A capstone project presentation comes off as a kind of exhibition where you showcase your project without having to defend it.
Types of Capstone Projects
Capstone projects vary not just in the type of project, also in the level at which they are done.
There are projects for juniors and seniors in college as well as for postgraduate students.
Here are some examples of the forms of projects depending on the academic level.
- In-depth research projects.
- Developing the concept of a product, tool, or service.
Capstone projects can be conducted either individually or in a group.
However, the key thing is to make sure that the project proposal has been reviewed and approved by the instructor/panel/institution in charge before proceeding.
Senior Capstone Project
Senior projects are so called because they are done by high school students in their senior year.
Just like other projects, they represent a culmination of the coursework with an interdisciplinary application of knowledge and skills gained so far.
The project usually takes the better part of the final academic year and will have different parts to it, depending on the type of project chosen.
It will also require a presentation where the student(s) explain and describe the project to an audience, including their classmates.
Sample Capstone Project Outline
The write up for a project consists of several parts. However, even before starting the write-up, you need to do a few things:
- Come up with an idea for your project. What will be your subject matter, topic, or premise?
- Find sources for the project and review them beforehand to ensure that they will be of help to you.
- Come up with a step-by-step methodology for your project.
Using this information, you will then write a capstone project proposal for your project. It informs your instructor or review panel exactly what you intend to present so that they can approve or reject it.
Once approved, you can go on to the next stage. The final write-up has the following parts.
- A title page.
- Project outline.
- A description/abstract.
- Rationale/relevance/reason for doing the project.
- Objectives of the project.
- Research and analysis.
- Evaluation of results and findings.
- Conclusion and future work/suggestions.
- Bibliography/works cited/reference list.
Note that the project is carried out in stages. Once approved, you will need to be submitting weekly or monthly status reports to your supervisor. After the project report is submitted, you will also have to make a presentation about the whole project.
This brief outline is only meant to be a rough guide. We have a much more detailed article detailing how you can do your capstone project, including a project template.
Capstone Project Examples
Help for Assessment has extensive experience when it comes to capstone projects of all kinds.
Whether it’s a high school project, a college capstone, or a senior capstone project, you can trust us to carry it out successfully for you.
As proof, you can check out various capstone project samples here . (hyperlink to be inserted.)
Get Help With Your Capstone Project
Capstone projects in every level of school are a make or break it deal. Given that they complete the graduation credits required, it makes sense to leave this important part of your coursework to experts.
We are proud to offer you a guide on how to write a capstone project here . If you need help, you can take advantage of our capstone project writing service at affordable, student-friendly rates with amazing discounts.
Check it out here and make your order to experience excellence, peace of mind, and success thanks to our stellar services.
About the author
Antony W is a professional writer and coach at Help for Assessment. He spends countless hours every day researching and writing great content filled with expert advice on how to write engaging essays, research papers, and assignments.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
125 Best Capstone Project Ideas for Students
Updated 01 Feb 2023
What is the hardest part of writing a top-notch capstone project? You are going to face many pitfalls and difficulties as you are writing this academic paper but the hardest trial is awaiting you at the very beginning. Pushing yourself to start the work is the hardest part, and one of the most responsible steps here is to choose a good topic that will help to show your full potential. Choosing weak topics can lead to failure. Therefore, we have prepared a list of the best capstone project ideas to help you make the right choice! Need help writing a law essay? Hire our law essay writing service and get help from the best.
How To Choose Topic For Capstone Project?
The choice of a topic is a big and responsible step in writing any academic capstone project, so it is important not to make a fatal mistake. If you also feel stuck, we have a few effective tips to help you get started. A capstone project can be a tricky type of paper so you may need to find out how to buy assignments online .
First of all, keep in mind that the right topic will help you write an outstanding capstone paper and get a deserved high grade. Good topic ideas will give you a possibility to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you’ve gained through the course, so you should approach this step carefully. Then you should remember that a good theme should be valuable, relevant, and interesting (most importantly for you). Your theme should be specific. You can choose narrative speech topics on our site. Choosing a too broad one is not a good idea because it also has to be manageable. Finally, your theme should present a REAL problem, and your goal will be to develop solutions for it and support them with strong arguments.
Here are the main steps you should take to choose great topic ideas:
- Brainstorm to generate some interesting ideas or look for some examples online;
- Study relevant literature to see what researches were already conducted on your ideas and what information is available;
- Choose the most engaging idea to narrow your focus;
- Consult with your adviser.
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample crafted to your needs.
Ideas Of Capstone Project Topics For Students
If you are just about to start your own capstone project, we suggest you take a look at our list of top high school senior capstone project examples to help you find a good topic ideas example.
You can be interested: The 125 Descriptive Speech Topics : The Easiest Way Writing a Descriptive Essay
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas
- Gear based quick return mechanism
- Motorized chain mechanism
- Remote control car
- A robotic arm controlled with android
- Pedal-powered water purifier
- Development of electric hybrid motorcycle
- Solar panels and their directional control
- Red traffic light detector system
- Use of solar energy in our everyday life
- Advantages and disadvantages of electric energy
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Medical emergencies: a review of the best critical care practices
- Nursing Shortage
- Concept and evidence-based practices for nurse leaders
- Best practices for healthcare workers to deal with critical care patients and emergencies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- The role of nurse practitioner in primary care
- Point-of-care testing
- Patient-focused approach
- Pain management
- Asthma care and education for nurses
If you need help with any of these themes, you can turn to our service.
Information Technology Capstone Project Ideas
- Systems of object recognition
- Effective plans for IT emergency recovery
- Top practices for managing records and documents
- Stock management software systems
- Networking security issues
- All system for business decision-making purpose
- Intelligent systems of voice recognition
- Best practices for software quality assurance
- Challenges in computer security
Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
- The best programming languages
- Image processing
- Cybersecurity: Designing a safe mobile app
- Designing an automated registration software
- The use of stock prediction with neural networks
- Designing a web-based survey system
- Use of smartphone interface for e-medical record and management systems
- Developing an automated system for market-based analysis
- Detection and classification of bacteria using an image
- The use of game theory for analyzing the algorithmst
MBA Capstone Project Ideas
- Define effective algorithms for determining consumer buying behavior
- Benefits of e-learning for professional certification
- Deep analysis of (choose a company) marketing strategies
- Compare and suggest branding strategies for customer engagement
- Analyze and compare retail product display ratio within the most successful US companies
- Definition of brand management and analysis of the best strategies
- Develop a marketing strategy and execution plan
- Analyze effective content marketing strategies that use social media
- Best practices for total quality administration
- Conduct an analysis of customer engagement for a chose company
Read also: 70 Best Sociology Research Topics
Accounting Capstone Project Ideas
- Efficient accounting systems for fixed assets and equipment
- Development of major accounting theories
- The role of ethical decision making
- Leases related accounting theories
- Accounting for sales and income
- Taxes related accounting theories
- Proprietorship accounting
- Financial stamen applications
- Income-related accounting theories
- Accounting theories for applied management
Management Capstone Project Ideas
- Evaluation of free clinic process
- The role of project management in effective political campaigns
- The practice of ethical thinking in administration
- Modern strategies for rate of return and capital investment
- The importance of conflict administration for big companies
- Development of an effective corporate strategy
- Problem thinking approach in business
- How does capital structure affects corporate strategy?
- Project management in promotion campaigns
- The importance of relationships with suppliers
Education Capstone Project Ideas
- Adapting project-based learning in schools
- Challenges and perspectives of education
- The effectiveness of co-teaching
- Social-emotional learning: strategies and standards
- Smartboard activities for students’ engagement
- Mindfulness practices for elementary students: meaning and strategies
- Challenges in the communication of students and teachers
- Virtual classroom: benefits and ways of adopting it at schools
- Advantages and disadvantages of e-learning
- Academic use of technology and social media in the classrooms
Marketing Capstone Project Ideas
- How does national culture help countries to promote exports?
- Channel development strategies
- Importance of customer relationship administration
- How to increase brand awareness?
- Effective administration techniques for e-commerce store
- The influence of toll-free phones on customers’ response to a promotion
- Modern trends in online marketing
- The effectiveness of online advertising
- How do loyalty programs influence customers?
- Green marketing: definition and major strategies
Hopefully, our list of sample ideas for capstone ideas helped you find inspiration for starting your own capstone project! Keep in mind the tips we gave you for choosing a suitable idea, and you will succeed!
What if you can’t complete your capstone paper ? Sometimes, even if you have chosen a brilliant capstone project idea, this does not mean that you are doomed to succeed. This is a complex task that not everyone can handle. However, we have a solution! EduBirdie.com helps students keep up with all of their academic assignments and get the highest grades with ease. Why choose EduBirdie.com? Because we have numerous benefits for you:
- Excellent quality;
- Only native speaking writers;
- Support 24/7;
- Pocket-friendly prices;
- 100% original papers;
- All types of assignments available including essay, research paper, dissertation proposal, capstone projects, and many others.
Submitting an A-worthy capstone project is simple with us, so, if you have faced any issues with writing your capstone papers, do not hesitate and use our writing service at EduBirdie.com!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Written by Julius Sim
As an experienced Data Analyst, Julius never stops analyzing things, which makes him a good writer who provides his share of analytical skills. As a responsible person with a strong civil position, he likes writing about social issues, healthy lifestyle, culture, volunteering, and education. Using his experience of being a leader in numerous student clubs, Julius likes sharing helpful tips to assist students and educators alike.
Related Blog Posts
100 education capstone project ideas to get you inspired.
A capstone project is one of the most important projects for all students. The final assignment is the summit of all of their hard work throughout ...
Our Best Picks Of Capstone Project Ideas for Information Technology
A capstone project, capstone experience, senior exhibition, or culminating project is an essential academic assignment for students. This culminati...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
- Assignment Writing Service
- Homework Service
- Write My Essay
- Report Service
- Personal Statement Service
- Research Paper Service
- Speech Service
- College Essay Writing Service
- Our Writers
- Manage your orders
- Place your order instantly
Capstone Project Proposal Examples
Since the capstone project proposal’s topic depends directly on the field of study, there is a wide variety of topics to choose from. The student may wish to conduct independent research, volunteer work, create a product, conduct surveys, and analyze the market and/or environment. In any case, all of these tasks should relate to the course. The provided proposal examples should give an idea about the types of capstone project proposals:
- Business Study Proposal: evaluate the success of a chosen company. In this project, the suggested research is aimed to analyze the success rate of the chosen company during its latest fiscal year. The project will analyze the sales of the company and marketing information and compare it in order to understand the fluctuation of the product sales;
- Marketing: creating a product. The proposed project concerns the creation of a new product. One would provide a new product concept and suggest its marketing and advertising strategy in order to enter the market;
- Sociology: a public survey. The suggested research would concern a sociological analysis of the local population’s political opinions on the upcoming election.
- Social work and public administration: volunteering and internship. One aims to partake internship at a non-commercial governmental organization in order to gain valuable experience and knowledge;
- Computer science: developing a computer program. In the project proposal, one suggests developing an SEO-analysis software tool that would allow gathering marketing related information on the Internet.
- Book Review
- College Life Struggle
- Eminent Literature Personalities
- Essay Samples
- Historic Personalities
- Interesting Research Papers
- Interesting Stories
- Research Paper Examples
- Useful Tips
- Writing Tips
Our Unique Features
- 100% Moneyback Guarantee
- Plagiarism Free Guarantee
- Free revisions according to our Revision Policy
- Free title page
- Free bibliography & reference
- Free formatting (APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard and others)
- 24/7 Customer Support
Spend Less Time on Research!
Puzzling Over Your Essay? Leave It to professionals!
Check Out the Best Example of Capstone Project Proposal
What We Provide With Your Capstone Proposal
100% authenticity of the content is a must-have for every example of a capstone proposal. So, all projects presented here are created by top Ph.D. & MS experts and double-checked by expert proofreaders for originality & client requirements compliance.
The proper formatting, perfect grammar, clear style & structure are other signs of the highest capstone proposal example quality. And there are just additions to perfectly detailed capstone paper examples created by our experts in strict compliance with your instructions.
All personal and payment data is 100% confidential and fully encrypted to ensure the highest security and privacy of each of the capstone project proposal examples created. We also provide strict data policies, protecting private data use & disposal.
In case there is any issue, flaw, or controversy in the text of the ready capstone proposal, we are open to customer comments and are ready to make improvements. If the problem in writing a capstone proposal example is impossible to solve, we’ll make a refund.
Top Quality Assured For Each Capstone Proposal Example
Let us welcome you with a discount on your first order.
Please enter your email
Customers About Our Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example
Though I first got my paper with some minor typos, they corrected them the same day and were quick to answer. Thanks a lot!
At first, I didn’t believe someone could write my capstone paper and give such excellent quality! Great work!
The paper is well done and sent on time, thanks!
Thanks for being fast and accurate with revision!
I got a flawless project, very detailed and well-structured. Thank you so much!
Highly satisfied with the job.
Good! Extra star for quick reaction to my messages and additional revision.
Amazing job! Thanks for completing my project.
Highly satisfied with the results.
Great work, very kind support, and always on time. Thanks!
Thanks! My paper has been edited twice, and I’m satisfied with the quality. The price was also more affordable than I thought.
Need a Good Capstone Project Proposal Example? Get Their Help!
Meet our best writing experts, who have created excellent capstone project proposal examples for +50 various subjects.
I was enrolled in a doctorate program, which helped me build a practical career as an applied psychologist. Numerous events clued me in about the current issues concerning children’s and adults’ behavior. I want to share my knowledge with students earning the same degree, and I currently do it by being a part of this capstone proposal writing service.
When working with international IT companies, I realized I wanted to support future specialists and show them all the diversity of the IT area. So now I assist graduates with their practical case studies, writing a capstone proposal example in computer sciences, and improving their software-developing skills.
I’m a Botany and Anatomy tutor at the university, where I assist students in acquiring new experience in the biology area. It’ll help them become medical experts and researchers. So, I’ll do my best for learners to get good scores and improve their academic performance by writing the best paper examples deserving an A+ grade. And I’m also ready to create a great example of capstone project proposal individually!
Due to my work as a political journalist in leading news agencies, I’m well aware of the global political situation. Therefore, I can cope with any academic project & paper example related to this field, offer capstone project proposal help, and produce a favorable outcome.
Several years of experience as a CEO assistant and business development manager endowed me with time management and self-organization skills so that I can display more efficient performance in any business I need to deal with. Precise planning and congruency with deadlines, including those in capstone project proposal writing, are the key points in my production workflow.
Taking into account all the current health problems, it goes without saying that this system requires new specialists who will develop new prospective healthcare fields and present their own solution examples. By my side, I help future health science specialists conduct decent research and write outstanding capstone project proposal examples.
Definition and Example of Capstone Project Proposal
A capstone proposal is a paper that previews your capstone project example, outlining what it is about, the process you’ll use, and the resources you’ll need to achieve the desired results. It’s basically the blueprint for your project.
A student has to submit a capstone proposal to be assessed by their instructor or an academic panel before it eventually becomes a project example. The proposal is meant to tell them about your capstone project and the path you intend to take with your study. It serves as a blueprint and can either be approved or rejected by the instructor.
Due to the importance of this paper example, it’s good to know how to approach it. The best way to do it is to consult an example of capstone project proposal and learn what your instructor expects.
A Capstone Proposal Example for Any Type of Capstone Paper
There are different types of capstone proposal examples because of the different types of capstone projects students come across. Capstone projects vary according to discipline and academic level. F.e., some high school seniors have to deal with capstone proposals during their senior year. The paper is meant to culminate their coursework, showing their acquired skills and knowledge. College students will also encounter this task in their final years and at the postgraduate level.
Capstone proposal examples also vary according to the form they take. The most common type precedes in-depth research on a specific topic. Some capstone examples take the form of expositions and experiments, depending on the discipline. Thus, a student needs to know how to compose a capstone paper proposal. We have a capstone proposal example of any type of capstone a student may be working on to help get them on the right track.
Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example for Nursing Students
Nursing students are required to complete a capstone paper during the final year of their studies. It’s a requirement when they obtain a degree in nursing at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Students are required to submit capstone proposal examples that must be approved before one is allowed to conduct the study. So it’s advisable to work with your instructor to understand how to pick the right topic. A capstone proposal example can also guide you in picking a suitable subject matter. There are different areas you can choose to focus on, for example:
- Nursing Leadership
- Nursing training
- Quality of life
- Health care trends
- Health insurance
- Mental health
The above are just a few of the many areas you can focus on depending on your preference. After coming up with the right topic, feel free to consult our expertly composed nursing capstone project proposal example to guide you on what your work should resemble.
The Right Way to Utilize a Capstone Project Proposal Example
It’s understandable how demanding a capstone paper can be and why a student would seek an example for guidance. Some instructors are there to guide students, but others aren’t always available. So, it’s understandable to consult a capstone example.
Outlining the Capstone Project Proposal
Students should create proposal outlines & examples they are about to compose. The outline makes the process much easier and saves time. Students who use proposal examples also rarely get stuck when writing.
The sketch of a capstone project proposal is like a plan that highlights the paper’s various sections and what you intend to include in them. Like in the proposal example our experts created, the proposal sketch should encompass the following sections.
- Title: your brief capstone topic.
- Abstract: a description of what your capstone proposal will address and why it’s vital
- Research problem: the issue you intend to address with your capstone work.
- Review of literature: the scholarly works you’ve used working on the project, including book examples and credible journals.
- Capstone example methodology with explanations of how you’ll conduct the exploration
- Timeline: the timeframe for all the crucial steps you’ll take.
- Expected results: the outcomes you anticipate based on the current data.
- Resources: a record of funds, examples, and other resources that your research needs
- List of proposal references.
Expert Advice for Writing a Capstone Proposal
Before you commence crafting the proposal, you should first outline it. We have covered why that’s important. Here’re some other vital things to watch.
- Begin early. Start working early, and you’ll work under less pressure and have ample time to produce quality work.
- Don’t rush with the example topic. Pick the right subject matter in an area you’re interested in and consult your capstone instructor whenever possible.
- Make the proposal interesting. Showcase some real-life benefits & examples of your study and support them with adequate evidence.
- Help your audience understand your capstone research inspiration. What made you pick that specific scope & examples? Also, explain why you’re qualified to handle the exploration. It’ll make you connect with the audience.
- Choose the best sources. When choosing your examples & sources, watch out for their credibility, especially with online sources.
- Watch all specifications. Any instructions from your college instructor should be a top priority. Simple instructions can determine whether the proposal example is accepted.
- Use quotes sparingly. Don’t quote unless there’s a good reason not to paraphrase.
- Writing a capstone proposal isn’t that challenging when you are adequately prepared.
So, plan ahead, go through an example and approach the task confidently.
Advantages of Consulting a Sample Capstone Project Proposal
So, how do you benefit from using our capstone proposal example? First, every example is composed by a top capstone writer who understands what the instructors want to see.
Then, consulting a good proposal example helps save time. Time is usually a problem when dealing with complex and lengthy papers. Having a sample capstone project proposal helps reduce the time for composing the paper since it offers a clear picture of what the various segments & examples should contain. It thus makes you more confident about approaching the proposal task, increasing your speed.
Top-Quality Capstone Project Proposal Examples
We have a variety of capstone project proposal examples you can consult to guide you in crafting a quality proposal. Every example is written for your benefit by a fantastic team of writers.
Here’s a quality proposal examples.
Completing a capstone research proposal example is sometimes challenging, especially for students battling time constraints. Such situations warrant external assistance, which our experts are ready to provide. It’s an assignment you cannot afford to fail. So seek help from capstone research professionals to assist you in writing a perfect proposal example. Contact us, and we’ll get the best people on it at student-friendly rates.
- Data Science
- How it works Overview Job guarantee Payment options Scholarships
- Students Student Outcomes Student Stories Community
An Exemplary Data Science Capstone, Annotated
A question virtually all of my mentees have asked me is, “What makes a great first data science capstone project?” In this blog post, I’ll break down the first project from one of my previous mentees (Paul Brume), who used this project to land a job at Synthego while he was taking the course. (Congrats, Paul!)
First, about me: I’m Danny Wells. I’m a data scientist at the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy. I’ve been mentoring for Springboard for about 18 months and in that time have worked with more than 30 mentees, many of whom now have data-driven roles across the U.S.
Going in: you’re making a project for your data science portfolio
Let’s get this out of the way:
- Your resume (plus maybe a connection through your college roommate’s third cousin) will get you that first interview;
- and your sick knowledge of pandas, sklearn and Python will get you past a technical screen;
- but it’s your portfolio of data science projects that will get you that sweet, sweet data science job offer.
Your portfolio is your secret weapon to showing off what you can really do . At its best, your portfolio will give your prospective team and manager insight into how you think, how you ask questions, how you code, and how you present your results to a non-technical audience. It’s perfect for answering that innocuous (but critical) interview question:
“Tell me about a data science project you’ve worked on.”
So when you’re thinking about your first project, think about it in the context of something you want in your portfolio.
Paul was a consultant before starting in Springboard’s Data Science Career Track and knew he wanted a top-notch project to add to his portfolio that would show off his analysis skills plus his ability to present results professionally to non-experts. What he ultimately produced was an exceptional piece of work and became the cornerstone of Paul’s portfolio (and helped him land his job).
OK, let’s dive into Paul’s project.
One of the most important decisions when creating a data science project is the first one you’ll make:
What data should I work on?
If you’re initially stumped, don’t worry: this is hard! Below I’ve compiled some tips on how to choose data to set yourself up for an awesome project:
Data size : in general, there’s no such thing as a data set that’s “too small” or “too big.” But for your first project, having lots of rows and columns in your data is extremely helpful to make sure you can find results. In general, aim for:
- Have at least 50 columns
- Have at least 10x more rows than columns
Data topic : it might sound obvious, but you want the data you’re working on to be interesting to you. Interest is the key force behind the most important concept in data science : asking good questions . If you don’t care about a topic, it’s much, much harder to ask good questions about it.
Data availability : another no-brainer, but if we’ve learned anything from the internet, not everything is as it appears. So before you commit to your project, confirm you can get the data by downloading it and examining it using a tool like Excel . Does it look like you expect (or, you know, are all the column names in Russian)?
For Paul’s project, he was really interested in understanding the rise of peer-to-peer lending services , companies that take the bank out of the equation and let you directly lend to someone else. Luckily for Paul, one of the premier start-ups focused on peer-to-peer lending, Lending Club, has made a ton of data available (check it out here ). So without too much pain, Paul was able to download a data set with 42,540 rows and 143 columns. This is the perfect-size data set to start your project: large enough to be able to apply machine learning to, small enough that it can still fit (comfortably) in memory!
OK, so here’s a not-so-secret secret about data science: while the other-worldly predictive models and hyper-engaging data visualizations get all the love, most data scientists spend the majority of their time cleaning and wrangling data. It’s not that building models and visualizations aren’t what we all want to be doing, it’s just that most data is messy. Like, really messy.
Making messy data clean is the most important step before starting the data science process . Without cleaning, no amount of deep learning voodoo is ever going to move the needle of your machine learning predictor. Said a different way, garbage in, garbage out .
For Paul’s data wrangling process , he focused on two key areas:
- Cleaning up and getting rid of extraneous columns or columns that leak information from the future.
- Feature engineering—i.e., creating new features from the data present in his columns that he felt may add predictive power to his model.
Note, however, that each project is unique—for a different data set there could be extensive amounts of work even just getting data in a tabular format.
Or the data could come in a table but many of the columns are a mess—mixed data types, garbled strings, missing values.
Or maybe it’s tabular and clean, but requires extensive featurization to be able to build your predictive model.
Or… well, you get the picture. When it comes to data cleaning, it’s best to go in with an open mind as to what’s needed.
In Paul’s project, he spent a lot of time just getting comfortable with the data before he started cleaning it. Once he had a grasp on it, he did the perfect thing: made a plan of (data cleaning) attack, and executed on it!
I love Paul’s systematic approach here because too often data scientists approach data cleaning in a somewhat haphazard way—do a little here, a little there, throw away a few columns, change a few strings, and call it a day. This approach will get you going sooner, definitely. But it also could come back to bite you when you think you have a model with a 0.98 accuracy score, only to realize that a single (seemingly innocuous) column in your data is just a linear transformation of the feature you are trying to predict. Yikes!
Get To Know Other Data Science Students
Data Scientist at MachineMetrics
Data Scientist at Spin
Lead Solutions Manager at Hypergiant
OK, once your data is cleaned, what’s the next step? Rather than zoom into building a predictive model, spend some time exploring the data—hunt down patterns using your own intuition, and try to quantify them.
Why do this? Well, machine learning is great, but for the most part it can’t tell you why something is true. The only models that come close—linear and logistic regression —are so limited that they can often miss basic relationships. So until the rise of artificial general intelligence , exploring the data on your own can often uncover relationships and patterns that no amount of modeling would.
In Paul’s project, he approached data exploration in exactly the right way: with a question . Paul grokked that, while data exploration is by definition exploratory, it helps to have some sense of direction, and for data analysis, the direction is set by the question(s) you want to answer. In Paul’s case, the question was:
Where in the risk spectrum do Lending Club borrowers fall? That is, what makes a good (non-risky) lending club loan? What makes a risky one? And how does Lending Club account for these risk factors?
To approach this big question, Paul did what all great scientists do: he broke it down. So with the question above as his inspiration, Paul asked a series of other, smaller, more concrete questions:
- How does FICO score associate with the likelihood that a borrower will default on their loan?
- How does credit age associate with default likelihood, and is this risk independent or associated with FICO score?
- How does home mortgage status associate with default likelihood?
- How does annual income associate with default likelihood?
- How does employment history associated with default likelihood?
- How does requested loan size associate with default likelihood?
For each question, Paul made a series of plots to explore relationships within the data associated with that question, and upon finding a potential trend, quantified the likelihood that the trend was not due to chance by using frequentist statistics. For example, to explore the association between FICO score and default likelihood, Paul first visualized the distribution of FICO scores between individuals with fully paid vs. defaulted loans:
From this figure, Paul hypothesized that individuals with charged-off loans would have a lower credit score. To quantify this, Paul performed a t-test:
Building on this result, Paul next asked whether there was a truly linear relationship between FICO score and the likelihood of default. He binned FICO scores into six groups, and for each group calculated the likelihood of default:
Paul quantified this trend using a correlation test:
The p-value of zero and correlation of -1.0 emphasize the strength of this result. From these results, Paul concluded that FICO score was, in fact, an important predictor of risk of default.
Paul’s approach to answering questions during the exploratory analysis part of his project demonstrates a “can’t lose” five-step formula to great exploratory data analysis:
- “What factors are associated with likelihood of default on a loan?”
- “How does FICO score associate with likelihood of default?”
- In Paul’s case, he used a violin plot to examine difference in FICO score between default and fully paid, and used a scatter plot to examine the relationship between FICO score and default likelihood.
- Paul used a t-test to quantify the trend in the violin plot, and a Spearman correlation test to examine the correlation in his scatter plot.
- In Paul’s case, he began exploring the relationship between FICO score and other variables, such as employment length.
Iterate on the above three or four times, and baby, you got a data project for your portfolio going !
Now for the section we’ve all been waiting for. The term “machine learning” (or it’s more generic cousin “artificial intelligence”) get tossed around a lot these days and sometimes it can be confusing to understand what these tools actually do. In general, there are two large classes of machine learning:
Supervised machine learning methods use a set of training data to learn patterns and relationships between variables that enable an outcome (dependent) variable to be predicted.
Unsupervised machine learning methods look for patterns in data without an outcome variable—most often to identify clusters within the data that represent distinct (potentially as-of-yet unidentified) classes.
Paul wanted to build on the exploratory work he had done previously, so he decided to take a supervised machine learning approach . Using the tools of machine learning, Paul sought to build a predictor that would, from a given set of data about a potential borrower, predict whether that individual would ultimately default on their loan.
The first choice Paul had to make before he began his machine learning process was identifying which **metric** he should use. A metric, in the context of machine learning, is how well you measure the performance of your model. Typically, the larger the value, the better the model (but numerous exceptions to this exist). Different data sets and different questions lend themselves to different metrics.
Since there were far fewer cases of default borrowers compared to borrowers who paid off their entire loan, Paul had to confront that bane of data scientists everywhere: imbalanced classes . These occur when one class of the outcome variable is much more common than another. The challenge in these situations is that it can be very hard to accurately predict the lesser-represented class. To overcome this, Paul made a wise choice and decided to use the Area Under the Receiver Operator Characteristic Curve . I won’t go into detail about how the metric works (that’s what Wikipedia is for), but suffice to say, it is a great choice when confronting imbalanced classes.
With his metric decided upon, Paul chose his model. The process through which he did so is called “cross validation.” The idea is, first, split your data into N parts (called “folds”). Next, choose a method (say, logistic regression) and a set of parameters for that method, and then for each fold, train the model on the remaining N-1 folds, and finally, test it on the fold you left out.
Cross validation is important because it prevents overfitting , perhaps the most common (and often the hardest to overcome) error in all of data science.
In Paul’s case, the code he wrote to do cross validation looks like this:
For his logistic regression model, Paul decided to cross validate over two parameters:
C : the regularization parameter, essentially a penalty on adding new features to the model class_weight : how should different classes be weighted, essentially a modification of the AUROC metric which gives a higher reward/penalty for being correct/incorrect in certain cases.
When he deployed his cross validation to his data set, Paul identified the optimal parameter combinations as well as the AUROC for his test data set:
This value of AUROC = 0.696 is a substantial improvement over the initial model that Paul started with (not shown).
Lastly, notice the section “Confusion matrix.” A confusion matrix visualizes where a model was correct (true positives and true negatives, on the diagonal) and where it went wrong (false positives, lower left; false negatives, upper right). It can be visualized like this:
A confusion matrix is a great way to summarize the state of your model and to identify places for improvement. Here you can see that, while Paul’s model is correctly predicting the majority of both “Fully Paid” and “Charged Off” loans, it still could use some improvement in reducing false positives (lower left)—borrowers who were predicted to be charged off but who fully paid. See the rest of Paul’s article to see how he addressed this.
So, you’ve done it all:
- Acquired the data
- Cleaned the data
- Explored and visualized the data
- Modeled the data using machine learning
That’s enough, right?
It’s certainly a good start, but one area where I see many mentees come up short is the final step making their whole repo look and read professional . Paul was a consultant previously and did a great job with this, and there are a few things he did that I want to highlight:
- Lots (and LOTS) of good comments. The best part about Jupyter notebook is that it allows code, figures, and writing to live side by side. Take advantage of this! As you read through Paul’s notebooks, take a look at where and how he explains his work.
- Great figures . Rather than just spit out metric upon metric, Paul includes a confusion matrix for every cross validation procedure he does. This is extremely helpful as you’re browsing his repo, and also makes it more visually distinctive.
- Clean code . Trust me, the code here did not just appear out of Paul’s mind fully formed (wouldn’t that be nice!). Instead there were errors, bugs, huge text outputs, weird results that didn’t make sense, comments to himself about what to do next—all usual things when working on a notebook. BUT , for publishing, Paul went through and cleaned those all out.
- Well organized. Paul’s repo reads like a (really nerdy, data-driven) novel—it clearly and logically explains how we went from one step to the next. You can see how Paul thinks and understand why he is doing each step.
On whole, this step usually takes around 3-5 hours to complete—not that much after the 100+ hours you’ve put into a portfolio project. However, it is the most common step I see my mentees skipping, and substantially impacts the overall presentation of this work.
Summing it all up
Hopefully you can see now what a great (job-worthy!) project looks like, and can start working on one of your own. Since there was a lot of content, I’ll conclude with my top three tips for doing a great data science capstone project:
- Choose a good data set: a small, uninteresting, or otherwise hard-to-analyze data set will make it substantially harder to make a great project.
- Data cleaning
- Data exploration, visualization, and statistical analysis
- Data modeling with machine learning
- Finish clean : after you’ve done all the work, clean up the repo and make it professional—add comments and figures, organize the code, and remove any non-essential cells.
Once you have a few projects, consider making a website to host them (easy to do with SquareSpace or the like), posting them on Twitter, or including them as direct links in your LinkedIn profile. Your data science portfolio is on its way!
Since you’re here… Curious about a career in data science? Experiment with our free data science learning path , or join our Data Science Bootcamp , where you’ll only pay tuition after getting a job in the field. We’re confident because our courses work – check out our student success stories to get inspired.
Download our guide to becoming a data scientist in six months
Learn how to land your dream data science job in just six months with in this comprehensive guide.
Recommendation engines are getting smarter. but are we ready for the era of personalized entertainment.
How AI Is Being Used in 2023 (Examples From 14 Industries)
Real Talk With Machine Learning Engineers
- Data Analytics Bootcamp
- Data Science Bootcamp
- Data Engineering Bootcamp
- Machine Learning Bootcamp
- Software Engineering Bootcamp
- UI/UX Design Bootcamp
- UX Bootcamp
- Cyber Security Bootcamp
- Tech Sales Bootcamp
- Free Learning Paths
- E-books and Guides
- Career Assessment Test
- Student Outcomes
- Compare Bootcamps
- About the Company
- Become a Mentor
- Hire Our Students
- Student Beans
- Inclusion Scholarships
Online Programming Lessons, Tutorials and Capstone Project guide
IT Capstone Project with Proposal and Complete Documentation
The following capstone project consists of ready-made project proposal documentation and some have the complete documentation and source code.
Ready-made capstone proposal documentation includes the following topics:
- Introduction of the study
- Project Context
- Objectives of the Study
- Scope and Limitation
- Significance of the Study
Here are the list of Capstone Projects for Information Technology, Information Systems and Computer Science with ready-made documentation:
- WhatPix: Mobile Based Picture Guessing App
- Ticket on the Go: Mobile Based Event Ticketing App with Admin Panel
- Schedule Reminder Application using Hybrid App Development
- Patient Monitoring and Tracking System of Family Planning in the Community
- DictioLator: Web and Mobile Based Dialect Dictionary and Translator Application
- Bantay Baha: a Web and Mobile System with SMS and Push Notification
- Dynamic Barcode Based School Event Attendance System
- Arduino Based Alcohol Detector
- Geographical Information System for Poverty and Malnutrition
- Interactive Student Handbook for IOS and Android
- Product Locator Kiosk with Mobile Application Support
- Online Donation Platform for DSWD
- First Aid Knowledge Based Mobile Application
- Online Bus Booking and Reservation System
- Offline Java Tutorial for Android
- Web and Mobile Based Health and Nutrition Application
- Equipment Monitoring with Prechventive and Calibration Report Generation
- Person with Disability (PWD) Information System
- LPG Leak Detection and Auto-Off System with Online Monitoring and SMS Notification
- Cashier Queuing System with Web Push Notification
- Kiosk Based Bus Dispatch Viewing System
- Real-Time Fish Catch Monitoring with Decision Support System
- Farm Management Mobile Application with Admin Panel
- Business License Processing Management System
- Information Management System for 4Ps Beneficiary
- Web and Mobile Based Entrance Examination with SMS and Course Recommendation
- Web Based Employee Performance Management with Online Recruitment Module
- Mobile Application for NPK Content Analyser using Color Sensor Algorithm
- Student Academic Performance Tracking and Monitoring System
- Mobile Based Common Ailment Guide with Admin Panel
- Web Based ELearning for Science and Health
- RFID Based Attendance Monitoring System
- Bluetooth Based Door Lock with SMS support
- Barcode Based Truck Recognition and Monitoring System
- Web Based Dynamic Voting System with Mobile Application Support
- Housing Information Management with Mapping
The project entitled “Laundry Management System” is a database driven application that manages the records and transactions of the laundry shop. The said system helps smoothen and improvise the dry cleaners and laundry business management service workflow like laundry record-keeping, laundry billing, and report generation.
Advantages of the Laundry Management System can be classified into the following:
- Easy Navigation of the business process – records management, billing transaction and report generation is much easier to process
- Records Management – it is a database system which makes the records electronic, safe, reliable and fast.
- Report Generation – the system can provide real-time reports on billing and sales.
- Web Based Document Filing System
- Information System for Subdivision Home Owners
- Interactive Virtual Tour of School Campus
- Mobile Based Festival Information Application
- Herbal Identification App using Image Processing
- Mobile Based Instructional Material for Agriculture
- Sign Language Mobile App Instructional Material
- Mother Tongue Application
- The Engineering of the Knowledge Base of the Career Guidance Expert System
- An Implementation of Fuzzy Logic Algorithm in the Construction of Automatic Fish Feeding Mechanism
- Student Offense Management System of the Office of the Student Affairs and Discipline
- ISO Database System
- PME File Management and Monitoring System
- Cashless Transaction System
- Class Scheduling using Genetic Algorithm
Ready-made capstone project cost 4$(PHP200)
Ready Complete Documentation cost 40$(PHP2,000)
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.
- Abstract of Customer Satisfaction Survey Application
- Abstract of Lost and Found Information System
Inventory system in php and mysql user interface, top 40 free business related it capstone project, lan-based electronic medical record system.
- Essay Database >
- Essay Examples >
- Essays Topics >
- Essay on Immigration
Free Capstone Topic Proposal Capstone Project Example
Type of paper: Capstone Project
Topic: Immigration , Law , Migration , Crime , Criminal Justice , Government , Policy , Sanctuary
ORDER PAPER LIKE THIS
In response to the perceived growing problem of the influx of illegal immigrants, Congress passed the Illegal Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (IIRIRA). The IIRIRA was enacted to address the legal and illegal aspects of immigration. Signifcantly, the IIRIRA is an attempt to elminiate the ability of federal courts from reviewing agency decisions regarding the removal of aliens convicted of crimes (Medina, 1997, p. 1525). While a criminal alient could previously appeal an adverse agency decision to a federal court, the IIRIRA largely serves to prevent courts from granting such discretionary relief from agency removal orders (Medina, 1997, p. 1525). While immigration policy is usually a federal matter, a provision of the IIRIRA encourages cooperation between federal, state, and local law enforement in immigration enforcement (Larson, 2012, p. 815). The IIRIRA enables state and local governments to assist the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Custom Enforcement Agency in identifying illegal immigrants (Illegal Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, § 287(g)). In response to the IIRIRA, numerous US cities have adopted sanctuary policies. Cities such as Chicago, Illinois, San Francisco, California and Katy, Texas enacted these sanctuary policies to prevent police from inquiring about the immigration status of arrestees and to help prevent prosecution of undocumented immigrants in the United States. The problem with these sanctuary policies is that they have significant political, social and economic implications. There is inherent tension between federal immigration law and state sanctuary policies that bar police from inquiring about the legal status of aliens. For example, the IIRIRA expressly prevents government officials from “prohibit[ing], orrestrict[ing], any government entity or official from sending to, or receiving from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service information regarding the citizenship or immigration statusof any individual” (Illegal Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, § 642(a)). Because the federal immigration law and these state-enacted sanctuary policies are potentially in conflict with each other, the future of immigration law is unclear. A policy analysis will address the current and potential problems that these sanctuary policies have on the United States’ current illegal immigration dilemma and will propose feasible solutions as to what can be done to establish policies that are more consistent with the goals of federal immigration law.
Illegal Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, Pub.L. 104-208, 110 Stat. 3009-546 (1996). Larson, M.J. (2012). The right u.s. immigration enforcement solutioin: “Make haste slowly.” Medina, M.I. (1997). Judicial review—A nice thing? Article III, separation of powers and the illegal immigrant reform and immigrant responsibility act of 1996. Connecticut Law Review, 1525-1562.
Cite this page
Share with friends using:
Finished papers: 2098
This paper is created by writer with
If you want your paper to be:
Well-researched, fact-checked, and accurate
Original, fresh, based on current data
Eloquently written and immaculately formatted
275 words = 1 page double-spaced
Can't find a free sample that matches your requirements?
Subscribe to WowEssays Premium and get access to over 1 MILLION high-quality downloadable samples
GET ACCESS NOW
Password recovery email has been sent to [email protected]
Use your new password to log in
You are not register!
Short on a deadline?
Don't waste time. Get help with 11% off using code - GETWOWED
No, thanks! I'm fine with missing my deadline
Sample Capstone Project Proposal Getting Started Open annually between August through November, the HCDE online capstone proposal form is where you submit a project proposal. CAP members may submit more than one project idea, but please think about how many teams you will be able to support in total.
A capstone project proposal typically includes the following components: Title: The title should clearly and concisely summarize the project's main focus. Introduction: The introduction should provide background information on the project's topic and explain the project's purpose and goals.
SAMPLE Project Proposal - Software Capstone. Project Title: Business Process Applications for a Public Agency. The client is the SF Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). They are in the business of moving people in electrified rail cars, across a collective 122 miles of rail tracks around and in the city of San Francisco.
A capstone project proposal is a brief document that outlines what your capstone project is about, the steps you intend to follow while doing it, the resources you will need, and an outline of the project itself. It is more or less your blueprint for the entire project.
Sample Project Proposal. Following is a sample project proposal that matches the fields required for submission. Your proposal can be as technical as this one, or more general. The student teams go through a rigorous customer requirement phase, so whatever you don't include in your proposal will be fleshed out with your team at the start of ...
CapstoneWriting / Capstone Project Examples All samples Level High School College University Masters Categories Design, Analysis, and Critical Evaluation of Research Academic level: College Discipline: Statistics Paper format: APA Pages: 3 Order Similar View Sample starting at just $14/page Tracking the Battles for Environmental Justice
How to write a capstone proposal? Include the following points in your proposal: Tell about the topic you want to choose and why you want to write about this particular topic. Write about your experience or background in the particular topic. Highlight the scope of information available and sources.
The capstone project, entitled "Vehicle Franchise Application Management System", is a system designed to automate the process of applying for vehicle franchises. This project will eliminate the manual method which costs a valuable amount of time and effort and is also prone to human errors.
Masters Capstone Project Examples CapstoneWriting / Capstone Project Examples / Masters All samples Level Categories What is inquiry based learning Academic level: Masters Discipline: Education Paper format: APA Pages: 5 Order Similar View Sample starting at just $22/page Code of Ethics Academic level: Masters Discipline: Business Studies
Best capstone project examples by expert writers Our brilliance can only be proven if you see our capstone project examples with your own eyes. Samples Discover our prices Figure out the cost of the service supported by rock-solid guarantees. All clients passed Turnitin
Appendix G: Sample Proposal Project Cover Page ..... 18 Appendix H: Sample Capstone Project Cover Page ..... 19 . iii Introduction This handbook is designed to provide instructors, students, and mentors with resources to guide ... The final Capstone Project Proposal is worth 40% of the total grade.
Set up the structure for the headings and subheadings in the sample capstone project outline template. The number of titles and subheadings will depend on the nature of your paper. Split the headings and subheadings further. However, remember that you can make changes later on.
Check the topics for the capstone project examples below to pick one. Decide how deeply you will research the topic and define how wide or narrow the sphere of your investigation will be. Cybersecurity: Threats and Elimination Ways Data Mining in Commerce: Its Role and Perspectives Programming Languages Evolution Social Media Usage: How Safe It Is?
Capstone Project Examples Help for Assessment has extensive experience when it comes to capstone projects of all kinds. Whether it's a high school project, a college capstone, or a senior capstone project, you can trust us to carry it out successfully for you.
Management Capstone Project Ideas. Evaluation of free clinic process. The role of project management in effective political campaigns. The practice of ethical thinking in administration. Modern strategies for rate of return and capital investment. The importance of conflict administration for big companies.
The provided proposal examples should give an idea about the types of capstone project proposals: Business Study Proposal: evaluate the success of a chosen company. In this project, the suggested research is aimed to analyze the success rate of the chosen company during its latest fiscal year.
Abstract. This paper investigates epistemically unwarranted medical claims and methods at Bastyr University's Center for Natural Health and BU's satellite community clinics. Their context of ...
Top Quality Assured For Each Capstone Proposal Example Private Chat With the writer 14 days of revisions 24/7 support 30+ subjects All Samples 20% discount is waiting for you! Let us welcome you with a discount on your first order. Customers About Our Nursing Capstone Project Proposal Example Great work, very kind support, and always on time.
Since there was a lot of content, I'll conclude with my top three tips for doing a great data science capstone project: Choose a good data set: a small, uninteresting, or otherwise hard-to-analyze data set will make it substantially harder to make a great project. Include all of the following: Data cleaning.
The following capstone project consists of ready-made project proposal documentation and some have the complete documentation and source code. Ready-made capstone proposal documentation includes the following topics: Introduction of the study Project Context Objectives of the Study Scope and Limitation Significance of the Study
Free Capstone Topic Proposal Capstone Project Example. Type of paper: Capstone Project. Topic: Immigration, Law, Migration, Crime, Criminal Justice, Government, Policy, Sanctuary. Pages: 2. Words: 450. Published: 02/20/2023. ORDER PAPER LIKE THIS. In response to the perceived growing problem of the influx of illegal immigrants, Congress passed ...