Online Programming Lessons, Tutorials and Capstone Project guide
- Capstone Project Proposal Topics and Ideas
Table of Contents
List of topics for capstone project proposal.
In this article, our team has compiled a list of Capstone Project Proposal Topics and Ideas. The capstone projects listed below will assist future researchers in deciding which capstone project idea to pursue. Future researchers may find the information in this page useful in coming up with unique capstone project ideas.
The most crucial and initial step in your capstone project journey as a student or researcher is to choose a topic. You may fail if you choose a topic without giving it any thought. To begin, make sure you’re enthusiastic about the subject and confident that the research phase will not exhaust you. Second, make sure it’s in line with your curriculum and allows you to demonstrate your teacher what you’ve learned in class while also being practical. The right proposal outline is presented below, as well as a list of capstone themes or concepts that future researchers can employ.
- Background of the Study
- Reasons for choice of the project
In this paper, the researcher will narrow down the array of project options and select one that is more important. The researchers will then discuss the gaps and challenges they discovered, as well as why they chose this particular topic.
- Project Context
The target project context will be discussed in this section. The researchers will present the challenges, the goal, the beneficiaries and the time frame of the project. The researchers will clarify the context of the project and explain it in details.
- Objectives of the Study
- Importance of the Study
This section will state how the project will contribute to the chosen clients or beneficiaries. This will help the readers identify the impact of the project.
- Target Users/Beneficiary
The researchers will state in this section who are the target users of the project or beneficiaries. The researchers will state how each individuals or groups can benefit from the success of the project.
- Mobile Application and Wearable Devices for child protection
“Mobile Application and Wearable Devices for Child Protection,” the capstone project, is designed to keep children safe. The primary goal of the project is to create a wearable device that children may use in public settings. This wearable can be connected to a mobile device via bluetooth or wifi using an application. With the use of the app, parents can now simply track their children’s whereabouts and monitor their everyday activities.
- E-Visa Processing & Follow Up System
To enter a foreign country, one must be a visa holder. This will serve as proof of national origin as well as protection for the natives of foreign countries from terrorists. When traveling abroad, this is one of the prerequisites, and most people will go to a Visa National Center to complete the requirements and apply for a visa. This is a lengthy process that is inconvenient for both parties. The manual procedure will slow down the application process and the visa center’s response time. The capstone project, “E-Visa Processing and Follow Up System,” is an automated platform created exclusively for visa applications and related transactions. The manual system will be replaced with an electronic system as part of this project which is more fast, convenient and efficient.
- TrabahoFinder: Mobile and Web Application for Job Searching and Posting
One advantage that technology offers to people is job-seeking automation. Traditionally, job seekers manually and personally search for job offers and vacancies which is time-consuming and requires valuable effort. Job seekers visit agencies or companies to search if they are hiring. Employers also tend to broadcast job hiring through agencies or posters which is not efficient and will not reach job seekers promptly. Overall, the manual method is inefficient and needs to be developed.
- VRHome: a Virtual Reality Experience for Real Estate Industry
The capstone project, “Online Platform for Real-Estate Business,” aims to digitally alter the real-estate industry. The internet platform can reach a larger number of buyers and make transactions between the real estate agent and the client easier. The concept will eliminate the necessity for buyers to visit properties in person. Instead, they can tour and experience the properties virtually. The web platform may provide a competitive advantage over other real estate firms. The platform has the potential to attract a more serious and wealthy consumer.
- Development of Interactive Lesson Material for Biology using Virtual Reality
Books or printed materials are the traditional means of providing teaching resources to students in school. These materials also include the biology course materials. This technique necessitates students visiting academic facilities to obtain learning, which takes time and effort and is not always available. Biology, as a study of life and living things, necessitates a lot of hands-on exercises and experiments for students. The researchers will build and develop an Interactive Lesson Material for Biology utilizing Virtual Reality to help them progress and learn despite obstacles. This project is an interactive platform that allows biology students to learn in a virtual environment. This will give them the impression that they are learning in the real world.
- RFID Based Automatic Traffic Violation Ticketing
“RFID Based Automatic Traffic Violation Ticketing,” the capstone project’s title, is a program that will automate the process of issuing tickets to road users who have broken traffic rules. An RFID-based ticket will replace the paper-based ticket. This project will speed up ticket issuance while reducing traffic congestion. Because the cards are reusable, they are far more handy than the paper-based ticketing system. RFID cards are given out to the general people.
- FiestaMobile: Mobile Based Fiesta Celebration Information in the Philippines
The capstone project entitled “FiestaMobile: Mobile Based Fiesta Celebration Information in the Philippines” is an application that compiles the major festivals conducted in the country. The aim of this capstone project is to design and develop a mobile application that can be installed on both android and iOS mobile operating system. To be specific, the project is intended to develop an application that displays the information of festivals, when it will be held, major activities of the festival and many more. The application includes the general information of the festival, schedule of events or programme. In addition, the app has a notification module that notifies the user for the upcoming festival. The mobile application is connected to a web server where the updated information can be downloaded to the mobile app for offline viewing.
- KasalMo: Android Based Wedding Planner Application
- DroneSeed App: Drone Based Seeding Application Controlled by Mobile Devices
The capstone project, entitled “DroneSeed App” is a drone based seeding application controlled by mobile devices. The project will enable planting trees faster than human hands by using drones.
Nowadays, we are dealing with the reality that we are losing forest faster than nature is regenerating it due to wildfires. The Current methods which rely on manual labor to keep up with and maintain our forests are insufficient to keep up with and maintain our forests. There is a need of an effective system and strategy to quickly replant trees in forest for the benefit of the people and the community as a whole.
- Robotic Plant Disease Detector using Arduino with Android Application
Farmers are used to travelling around the farm and manually inspecting plants for diseases that could endanger others. The researchers saw an opportunity to give farmers with an IT-based solution to aid in the detection of plant diseases. The researchers proposed that the capstone project, “Robotic Plant Disease Detector Using Arduino with Android Application,” be designed and deployed. Farmers can use this project to screen for and identify plant diseases. It’s an Arduino-based robotic gadget that will be controlled by an Android app. The robotic plant disease detector will go about the farm, detecting plant illness and recording it automatically for tracking.
- Inventory of Supplies and Equipment with Transfer of Accountability Feature
Currently, the equipment monitoring and inventory are performed manually by the staff. A sheet of paper must be filled out for each piece of equipment in order to maintain track of the information. This manual system was discovered to have numerous flaws, including the loss of equipment records, equipment loss, in-out transaction records, and equipment misplacement. We computerized the procedure to make it more efficient.
It deals with different aspects of regular inspection of some storage things inside the stock room, and it provides a timeless process between the management and the borrower in the process of borrowing and returning the equipment’s from the management.
- Naive Fake News Detection and Classification Using Machine Learning
We can readily obtain information nowadays thanks to the Internet and other social media sites. However, the question is whether the data acquired is genuine and correct. Consumers are creating and sharing more information than ever before, some of it is deceptive and has no bearing on reality because of the widespread use of social media platforms. It is difficult to automatically classify a text article as misleading or disinformation. Even a domain expert must consider a variety of factors before deciding whether or not an article is true. We propose in this paper that we apply a machine learning strategy to classify Naive Fake News automatically.
- IOT Garbage Monitoring System
This Garbage Monitoring System will allow user to indicate the amount of trash inside the garbage bin through mobile application. An Ultrasonic Sensor will measure the depth of the garbage bin, detect the level of the garbage then compile that information to the Arduino, the Arduino will then compute this given information and send it as data to our mobile application. The Arduino will send this data via Bluetooth then the mobile application will receive this data and will proceed to show the status of the garbage bin to the user, giving a graphical view with a percentage value while also highlighting the garbage bin in color in order to show specific level.
- Employee Evaluation Encoding with Ranking and Succession Planning System
The project entitled Employee and Faculty Evaluation with Ranking and Succession Planning is a LAN based application designed and developed in Visual Basic and MS Access as the database.
Employee and faculty evaluation is one of the key functions of HR department or the human resource department; they are the one who conducts the evaluation for the faculty members and employees of the academic institution.The application was designed to run in a local setting or environment which means that the application runs on a peer to peer setup. The executable file and the database must reside on the same directory or folder then the directory will be shared in the network in order for the other computers to use the application.
- Mobile Based(Android and iOS) Board Exam Reviewer for Agriculture
The mobile based reviewer app for agriculture is another method for learners to study and review their lessons using their mobile devices. The said project is available in both Android and iOS devices, it was written in Framework 7 and Apache Cordova, it is a hybrid type of mobile development where in the HTML, CSS and JS files can be converted into a mobile application.
The application contains lecture materials in a form of text, pdf and video format about agriculture. Assessment for every lessons in a form of multiple choices is also one of the function of the mobile app. Scores and progress result are stored in the local storage of the device but the scores are also submitted to the instructor for monitoring purposes. The application can be used offline which means that the users can still open their lessons and take quizzes even if their device has no internet connection.
- Web and Mobile Crime Reporting Information Management System
The crime reporting system is a web and mobile based project which is a database driven information system that will allow the residents to report an incident with the use of internet, smartphone and a mobile application.
It is a web and mobile based application which will facilitate the queries and reports of crimes in the locality. The said project is available and accessible to the general public wherein they are allowed to report an incident or crime using their mobile devices that are connected to the internet. On the other end, the ICT department of the police station will verify first the validity of report before a response will be made. Crime records will be archived for future reporting purposes.
- Design and Implementation of Virtual Reality Systems for Driving Simulation
Traditionally, most driving schools require their students to complete real-world driving training. As technology progresses, driving schools may now use technology to simplify driving instruction, and the most practical method to do so is by adapting driving simulation. The capstone project, “Design and Implementation of Virtual Reality Systems,” is a novel technology that driving schools may employ to provide driving simulation to their pupils in a quick and efficient manner. The students will be placed in an artificial environment believed to be a valid substitute for one or more aspects of the actual driving experience.
- Voice Assistant For Visually Impaired
The capstone project, entitled “Voice Assistant Application for People with Vision Impairment” is an application designed to act as a voice assistant for individuals with vision impairment. The application will allow the user to access the most important features of their phones like messaging, dialer, call log, and other important features of the phone. The system will speak out the action performed by the user to let the user know the actions performed. The said project will assist visually impaired individuals to perform day-to-day tasks through smart means.
- Livestock Tracking and Monitoring Application using RFID Technology
- Vehicle Number Plate Recognition using Android
The proposed study entitled Vehicle Number Plate Recognition using Android System aimed to provide a system that would help them detect and recognize a vehicle through its plate number. This system will help in solving problems involving vehicles. This system is used in detecting stolen and searched vehicles. The plates that are detected by the system will be compared to the recorded vehicles. Also, the system will be very helpful in managing parking space. They can use the system as the basis of the entrance and exits of different vehicles in parking lots. Thus, this system is very helpful in many aspects.
- Computer Based Information of Herbal Plants and Medicinal Uses
This study was conducted to develop an Information system of herbal plants and medicinal usage. The system is a big help to respond and to answer the needs of the end users in terms of the scarcity of references and lack of resources for the researchers.
The developed system is capable for storing data and is responsible for quick accessibility and easy retrieval of data and information of Herbal plants and medicinal usage. Prior to the development, the system was designed with search menu options that allows user to view and search information using the herbal name. As it was consulted from the end-user, the herbal plants contains information which includes its corresponding name, local name, scientific name, herbal information.
22 . Online Transaction Fraud Detection using Backlogging on E-Commerce Website
The capstone project, “Online Transaction Fraud Detection using Backlogging on E-Commerce Website” is designed to restrict and block an attacker’s transaction using a real user’s credit card information. The system has been designed for transactions that exceed the customer’s existing transaction limit. We attempted to detect fraudulent transactions before they were completed.
- Evaluation of Academic Performance of Students
The capstone project entitled “Evaluation of Academic Performance of Students” allows academic institutions to monitor and gather data about the academic performance of students where decisions are derived to further improve the students learning outcomes.
Tracking and monitoring student’s performance serves a vital role in providing information that is used to assist students, teachers, administrators, and policymakers in making decisions that will further improve the academic performance of students. In the traditional way, the teachers and school administrators collect academic records of students and extract information from them to assess the students’ performance. The manual tracking and monitoring takes time and may encounter human errors resulting in obtaining incorrect information that will affect the decisions made. The changing factors in education have led to the quest on how to effectively and efficiently monitor student performance in educational institutions.
- Speaking System For Mute People Using Hand Gestures
It is extremely difficult for silent people to communicate their message to the general public. Communication becomes extremely difficult because most people are not skilled in hand sign language. The capstone project, “Speaking System for Mute Persons Using Hand Gestures,” is intended to assist mute people in communicating with regular people through hand motions and gestures. A hand motion reading system with motion and flex sensors, as well as a speaker unit, are used in the system. The technology that runs this system is battery operated.
- Smart Dustbin With IOT Notifications
Garbage has always been a concern in every town. The researchers proposed the creation of a Smart Dustbin with IOT Notifications to help solve the problem and reduce rubbish volume. This project will employ sensors to automate the dustbin. It will automatically open if it detects a clap or stomp of the feet. This is really beneficial in terms of reducing rubbish volume.
- IOT Irrigation Monitoring & Controller System
Farmers typically work on big plots of land to cultivate a variety of crops. It is not always possible for one person to keep constant monitoring of all of the fields. The capstone project, named “IOT Irrigation Monitoring and Controller System,” monitors and controls water supplies from afar. This system makes use of an IOT notion (Internet of Things).
Technology is credited as being the driver for change in a variety of businesses and institutions. The world has changed drastically thanks to information technology. It’s difficult to think of an industry or organization that hasn’t profited from technological developments. The most typical role of IT in these industries has been the automation of various procedures and transactions in order to increase efficiency and improve people’s overall experience and happiness. The capstone project ideas listed above will come in handy in a variety of industries. It will help in increasing operational efficiency as well as the services rendered to the people or the users of the project.
You may visit our Facebook page for more information, inquiries, and comments. Please subscribe also to our YouTube Channel to receive free capstone projects resources and computer programming tutorials.
Hire our team to do the project.
Related Topics and Articles:
- List of 55 Best IT Capstone Projects on Business Administration and Management
- List of 45 Best Nursing and Health Related IT Capstone Project
- Best 75 List of IT Capstone Project for Agriculture
- 70 Best Web-Based Capstone Projects in PHP and MySQL
- List of 100 Algorithm Based Capstone Project
- 30 Unique Capstone Project Topics for Information Technology
- Android Application Free Capstone Project
- PHP MySQL and Bootstrap Capstone Projects
- List of Capstone Project Titles for Information Technology
- Array in C# Video Tutorial and Source code
- IPO Model Conceptual Framework of Airline Ticket Reservation System
Petdroid android based exercise app with pet buddy, system module of salon management system in php, hospital management information system capstone project.
Recommended Capstone Project Proposal Format
This proposal format should work for almost any piece of original research, scholarship, or creative work. Depending on the needs of the project and the conventions of the discipline, faculty sponsors might request different information or additional details to confirm the project quality. Although there is no minimum length requirement for this proposal, it would be difficult to address the requirements in less than two single-spaced pages. Proposals that are more fully developed (e.g., literature review/methods) may also be used as the first draft of final papers to be submitted later!
Cover page with:
- Student Name
Project Summary A brief summary of the overall goal of the project and the final outcomes to be developed from the work.
Literature Review or Annotated Work to Support the Project Although the capstone is an original project it is certainly based on, or influenced by previous research, scholarship, or creative work in the field. To document the foundation for this work, proposals should include a minimum of five references that establish the significance and meaning of the proposed project.
Methods of Project Although the nature of the work will vary widely depending on the project to be completed, students must first provide a detailed description of the steps to be taken to complete the project. This is an opportunity for the student and advisor to ensure that the steps in the process from inception to completion are clearly identified in advance. For research projects, this will be the procedures and nature of the analysis. For an original creative activity, this might be the steps in the creative process to develop the final product.
Timeline From the initial development of the project (which could have begun even before the proposal) to the final sharing of the end products, the timeline should spell out target deadlines for pieces of the process to ensure timely completion.
Final Product Regardless of the format of the work, all students are expected to submit a final written report as part of their end product. The written report might be a major final paper itself but for other students, (e.g., creative work) the report might be more like an artist statement or reflection on the work completed. Although there is not formal page limit, almost all capstone papers will be 10+ pages in length but this is dependant on the discipline and the proposal (e.g., mathematical proof, brief research report with poster presentation for conference, 100 pages of a novel).
Dissemination All capstone work should be developed with a plan for dissemination - proposals should specify where this work can be shared. Students can share on campus at URCAS, RCW, or structured exhibitions, but everyone is encouraged to design their work to also share off campus in professional settings, at research conferences, or other public exhibitions.
References A reference list of work cited in the proposal must be included in whatever format is appropriate to the discipline.
Capstone Approval HNRS capstone credits cannot be added to the student schedule until the student has submitted the proposal to the Honors College Office with verification of support from the advisor (signature on the cover page next to name) or email from the advisor.
Criteria for Evaluation Although the Dean of Honors will record the final grade for the capstone project, the faculty advisor is the one to determine the grade. Students should clarify with their advisor how their final grade will be assigned!
Budget Although limited financial support for projects may be available from the Honors Office or other University sources, students are responsible for ensuring that they have adequate resources to complete their project before committing to the work. Please discuss the budget requirements with your advisor in advance!
Course Substitution It is possible to substitute a similar capstone project required in a major outside of Honors, but students that wish to petition for this must meet the same standards of the Honors Capstone. Petitions must be made with a proposal the semester in advance of the work. Please get approval from your advisor and Dean Camarena in advance to ensure this can be approved.
Capstone Project Form
Crimson Scholars Program:
2745 S. Espina St Las Cruces, NM 88003
Honors College P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3HON Las Cruces, NM 88003
- (575) 646-2005
- [email protected]
Connect With Us
- Scroll to Top
- Essay Writing
- Extended Essays
- IB Internal Assessment
- Theory of Knowledge
- Research Writing
- Assignment Help
- Capstone Projects
- College Application
- Online Class
Capstone Project Proposal: What It Is And How to Write One
by Antony W
January 2, 2023
What would be your reaction if you spent months carrying out a school project, only for it to be thrown out on grounds of being irrelevant, inadmissible, or downright outrageous? Not very happy, I would say. To avoid such scenarios and censor the type of projects being carried out, schools require that every student taking this kind of an assignment to submit a capstone project proposal first.
Every capstone project begins with a project proposal. It is submitted to your instructor or school panel that reviews and either approves or rejects it. Thus, you can also think of a proposal as a plan or project blueprint.
Given that the capstone project proposal is integral to your success in the whole thing, we at Help for Assessment are here to show you how to do it properly.
Our expertise in all forms of academic writing includes a specialty in capstone projects, which is why we’re the perfect people to help you. We will also do your capstone project proposal for you at very affordable prices. Visit our homepage to learn more about us and what we can do for you.
Back to the capstone project proposal guide. This article will cover all the main aspects of how to write it including:
- What is a capstone project proposal
- Qualities of a good capstone project proposal
- How to write a capstone project proposal
- Format of a capstone project proposal
What is a Capstone Project Proposal?
A capstone project proposal is a brief document that outlines what your capstone project is about, the steps you intend to follow while doing it, the resources you will need, and an outline of the project itself. It is more or less your blueprint for the entire project.
The purpose of a capstone project proposal is to help your instructor understand what your project is about. In the case where you are seeking assistance from the school such as funding or the use of school facilities, the proposal helps to convince them of why those resources should be allocated to you.
The proposal is also a big help to you as a student. Before you commit a lot of time and resources to the project, it forces you to take a look ahead at where you're going, what you want to achieve, and the investment you will need to put in to do that.
Capstone projects vary widely from discipline to discipline, but the proposal follows a standard format. Your instructor might provide you with a template and accompanying instructions, or they may not.
In any case, there are certain qualities you need to aim for if your proposal is to be successfully approved.
Qualities of a Good Capstone Project Proposal
The length of a good capstone project proposal should be between 1 and 4 pages.
Anything longer is discouraged unless your instructor says otherwise. Thus, refine it until it is concise, clear, and direct.
The information flow should be clear and logical. It should be a document that a person can scan through in minutes and get what you’re talking about.
Thus, present it in an easy to understand manner.
The person reviewing your proposal wants answers to questions such as:
What is your project about? How will you do it? What resources will you need, and how will you get them? Who will be involved?
Provide these answers simply and directly in your proposal and you stand a much better chance of impressing them. The content of the proposal should all aim toward this one goal.
The language you use should be convincing. Be confident about what you want to do, be enthusiastic, and share your enthusiasm.
Prove why you think the project will work and how relevant it is in your field.
Even though the proposal should be brief, include as much detail as is needed to support your points.
Format of a Capstone Project Proposal
This will be the same title you will use in the capstone project write-up, so take your time to craft a brief, direct, all-inclusive title for the proposal.
One way to come up with a good title is to write down the research problem as a question then craft your title in response to that question.
You should also try to make the title as intriguing as possible to get your readers interested in what you have to say.
In 150-200 words, describe what the project is about. Give the rationale for the project, i.e, why you think it is important and should be carried out.
Also, describe your methodology, analysis, and expected findings.
Think of the rationale as to the social implications of the project you are about to undertake.
How will it help the organization you work for or society at large? Describe the original contributions your project will have to the target group.
This is the problem statement of the project proposal. Give your thesis statement in one sentence, keeping in mind that it is the same statement you will use in the actual project write-up.
In the case of a project deliverable or creative project, describe the product you will develop, and the rationale behind it.
Describe what format your deliverable will be, e.g. a video, website, software, new curriculum, health or education program, policy paper, etc.
You should write a descriptive literature review of all the sources you have used and cited for your project proposal including books, online sources, and papers.
You can use these same sources in the project itself or choose to go for another set.
Explain how you intend to do what you want to do. Start with the method of inquiry which can include textual research, scientific experimentation, statistical data collection, qualitative study, or any other method.
Describe also, in detail, how this data will be gathered, processed, analyzed, and what resources or manpower will be needed to do this.
At the same time, explain the hypotheses and theoretical academic approaches in use which form the backbone of your project.
Detail the steps of your project and state when you expect to do what. This can usually be given in the form of a table with specific dates.
Also, state when you will be meeting with your supervisor/mentor and giving progress updates.
Description of the Final Product/Expected Results
For a research project, explain what results you expect based on existing data about the same.
For creative projects, describe what the final product will be, how you expect it to look like, and how it will work. How will it help/affect the target group? How will you evaluate its efficacy and success?
Such a project will also need specific documentation, usually called a rationale report or just a report. Describe such kind of documentation format.
Resources Needed Including Expected Budget
This is a crucial part. Give a detailed record of all the resources you expect or need to use in the course of your project.
If you need funding, give a breakdown of how the money will be used and how much in total is needed.
State how you expect it to be funded, either through school funding or external sponsorship.
In the same way, state what school resources you need. Laboratory access, data access, support by school personnel, computers, or machines belonging to the school or an outside entity, and everything in between.
This is a list of all the citations and sources used while writing the project proposal.
Tips on How To Write a Capstone Project Proposal
- The capstone project isn't meant to be a mere outline. Make it captivating by highlighting its real-world relevance and how it will benefit the target group. Use data where possible as proof.
- Say something about your motivation for choosing to carry out that particular project. Include some information about your background experience and why it qualifies you to carry it out. That way, your audience can connect with you and the project on a deeper level.
- Be very careful about the resources you wish to use. Restrict yourself to primary and secondary sources with a high academic credibility level. Doing so gives your project more merit.
- Follow the instructions supplied by your instructor faithfully. In many cases, you will be given a template or detailed guide about how you should format the proposal.
- Spend quality time on the title, hypotheses, and research problem. That way, your project will gain focus and have a clear scope.
- Quote sparing. Unless you have good reason to choose a quoted phrase rather than a paraphrase, stick to your own words but make sure you cite sources used.
- Review previous capstone projects and proposals done by students in your school to find out what is expected of you and get an idea on how to format your own.
Get Help With Your Capstone Project
Are you having trouble with your capstone project proposal? We strongly suggest that you get the experts involved. You cannot afford to fail at this stage because the entire project relies on it.
Let Help for Assessment handle your capstone project proposal for you and you will be assured of success.
Thanks to our student-friendly prices, you are assured of a deal of a lifetime. Check out our service page and grab our first-time discount before it is too late!
About the author
Antony W is a professional writer and coach at Help for Assessment. He spends countless hours every day researching and writing great content filled with expert advice on how to write engaging essays, research papers, and assignments.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
The Best 150 Capstone Project Topic Ideas
10 May 2022
❔What is a Capstone Project?
Capstone Project Ideas:
- 💾Computer Science
- 🎒High School Education
- 💻Information Technology
✅Capstone Writing: 10 Steps
The long path of research works ahead, and you can’t find any capstone project ideas that would be interesting and innovative? The task can seem even more challenging for you to feel all the responsibility of this first step. The top 150 capstone ideas presented below aim to make a choice not so effort-consuming.
With the list of the capstone project topics we've picked for you, you'll be covered in major subjects. Continue reading, and you'll get ideas for capstone projects in information technology, nursing, psychology, marketing, management, and more.
What is a Capstone Project?
Educational institutions use the capstone project to evaluate your understanding of the course on various parameters. For the students, the work on the project gives an excellent opportunity to demonstrate their presentation, problem-solving and soft skills. Capstone projects are normally used in the curriculum of colleges and schools. Also called a senior exhibition or a culminating project, these assignments are given to finish the academic course.
This assignment has several different objectives, among which are the following:
- to encourage independent planning,
- to learn to meet up deadlines,
- to practice a detailed analysis,
- to work in teams.
It's not that easy to pick the right capstone paper topic. The problem intensifies as each student or separate teams have to work on a single assignment which has to be unique. The best capstone project ideas may possibly run out. However, whatever topic you opt for, you’d better start your preparation and research on the subject as early as possible.
Need help with writing capstone project?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
Amazing Capstone Project Ideas for Nursing Course
Studying nursing is challenging, as it requires a prominent theoretical foundation and is fully practical at the same time. You should have to do thorough research and provide evidence for your ideas, but what to start with? The preparation for your capstone project in nursing won’t be so overwhelming if you make use of these capstone title ideas:
- Innovation and Improvement in Nursing
- Vaccination Chart Creation
- The Role of Nurses in Today's Society
- Shortage in Nursing and Its Effects on Healthcare
- Evidential Practices and Their Promotion in Nursing
- Global Changes in the Approach to Vaccination
- Top Emergency Practices
- Preventive Interventions for ADHD
- Quality of Nursing and Hospital Personnel Shifts: The Interrelation
- Ways to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Brand New Approaches in Diagnostics in the Nursing Field
- Diabetes Mellitus in Young Adults: Prevention and Treatment
- Healthcare in Ambulances: Methods of Improvement
- Postpartum Depression Therapy
- The Ways to Carry a Healthy Baby
Attractive Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
Computer science is so rapidly developing that you might easily get lost in the new trends in the sphere. Gaming and internet security, machine learning and computer forensics, artificial intelligence, and database development – you first have to settle down on something. Check the topics for the capstone project examples below to pick one. Decide how deeply you will research the topic and define how wide or narrow the sphere of your investigation will be.
- Cybersecurity: Threats and Elimination Ways
- Data Mining in Commerce: Its Role and Perspectives
- Programming Languages Evolution
- Social Media Usage: How Safe It Is?
- Classification of Images
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence in Insurance Cost Prediction
- Key Security Concerns of Internet Banking
- SaaS Technologies of the Modern Time
- Evolvement of Mobile Gaming and Mobile Gambling
- The Role of Cloud Computing and IoT in Modern Times
- Chatbots and Their Role in Modern Customer Support
- Computer Learning Hits and Misses
- Digitalization of Education
- Artificial Intelligence in Education: Perspectives
- Software Quality Control: Top Modern Practices
Build your thesis statement
This is AI-powered online tool that lets you create a thesis statement about any topic you need.
- Simple interface
- Works with any type of paper
- Absolutely free
- Unlimited attempts
Several High School Education Capstone Project Ideas for Inspiration
High school education is a transit point in professional education and the most valuable period for personal soft skills development. No wonder that the list of capstone project ideas in high school education involves rather various topics. They may range from local startup analysis and engineer’s career path to bullying problems. It’s up to you to use the chosen statement as the ready capstone project title or just an idea for future development.
- A Small Enterprise Business Plan
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Virtual Learning in Schools
- Space Tourism: The Start and Development
- Pros and Cons of Uniforms and Dress Codes
- What is Cyberbullying and How to Reduce It
- Becoming a Doctor: Find Your Way
- Career in Sports: Pros and Cons
- How to Eliminate the Risks of Peer Pressure
- Ensuring Better Behaviours in Classroom
- Cutting-Edge Technologies: NASA versus SpaceX
- The Reverse Side of Shyness
- Stress in High School and the Ways to Minimize It
- How to Bring Up a Leader
- Outdated Education Practices
- Learning Disabilities: What to Pay Attention to in Children’s Development
Capstone Project Topics in Information Technology – Search for Your Best
Information technology is a separate area developed on the basis of computer science, and it might be challenging to capture the differences between them. If you hesitate about what to start with – use the following topics for capstone project as the starting point for your capstone research topics.
- Types of Databases in Information Systems
- Voice Recognition Technology and Its Benefits
- The Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- Security Issues of VPN Usage
- Censorship in Internet Worldwide
- Problems of Safe and Secure Internet Environment
- The Cryptocurrency Market: What Are the Development Paths?
- Analytics in the Oil and Gas Industry: The Benefits of Big Data Utilization
- Procedures, Strengths and Weaknesses in Data Mining
- Networking Protocols: Safety Evaluation
- Implementation of Smart Systems in Parking
- Workplace Agile Methodology
- Manual Testing vs. Automated Testing
- Programming Algorithms and the Differences Between Them
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Cybersecurity
Psychology Capstone Project Ideas
Society shows increasing attention to mental health. The range of issues that influence human psychology is vast, and the choice may be difficult. You’ll find simple capstone project ideas to settle on in the following list.
- The Impact of Abortion on Mental Health
- Bipolar Disorder and Its Overall Effects on the Life Quality
- How Gender Influences Depression
- Inherited and Environmental Effects on Hyperactive Children
- The Impact of Culture on Psychology
- How Sleep Quality Influences the Work Performance
- Long- and Short-Term Memory: The Comparison
- Studying Schizophrenia
- Terrorist’s Psychology: Comprehension and Treatment
- The Reasons for Suicidal Behaviour
- Aggression in Movies and Games and Its Effects on Teenagers
- Military Psychology: Its Methods and Outcomes
- The Reasons for Criminal Behavior: A Psychology Perspective
- Psychological Assessment of Juvenile Sex Offenders
- Do Colours Affect The Brain?
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
Capstone Project Ideas for Management Course
Studying management means dealing with the most varied spheres of life, problem-solving in different business areas, and evaluating risks. The challenge starts when you select the appropriate topic for your capstone project. Let the following list help you come up with your ideas.
- Innovative Approaches in Management in Different Industries
- Analyzing Hotels Customer Service
- Project Manager: Profile Evaluation
- Crisis Management in Small Business Enterprises
- Interrelation Between Corporate Strategies and Their Capital Structures
- How to Develop an Efficient Corporate Strategy
- The Reasons For Under-Representation of Managing Women
- Ways to Create a Powerful Public Relations Strategy
- The Increasing Role of Technology in Management
- Fresh Trends in E-Commerce Management
- Political Campaigns Project Management
- The Risk Management Importance
- Key Principles in the Management of Supply Chains
- Relations with Suppliers in Business Management
- Business Management: Globalization Impact
Capstone Project Ideas for Your Marketing Course
Marketing aims to make the business attractive to the customer and client-oriented. The variety of easy capstone project ideas below gives you the start for your research work.
- How to Maximize Customer Engagement
- Real Businesses Top Content Strategies
- Creation of Brand Awareness in Online Environments
- The Efficiency of Blogs in Traffic Generation
- Marketing Strategies in B2B and B2C
- Marketing and Globalization
- Traditional Marketing and Online Marketing: Distinguishing Features
- How Loyalty Programs Influence Customers
- The Principles of E-Commerce Marketing
- Brand Value Building Strategies
- Personnel Metrics in Marketing
- Social Media as Marketing Tools
- Advertising Campaigns: The Importance of Jingles
- How to Improve Marketing Channels
- Habitual Buying Behaviours of Customers
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas
It’s difficult to find a more varied discipline than engineering. If you study it – you already know your specialization and occupational interest, but the list of ideas below can be helpful.
- How to Make a Self-Flying Robot
- How to Make Robotic Arm
- Biomass Fuelled Water Heater
- Geological Data: Transmission and Storage
- Uphill Wheelchairs: The Use and Development
- Types of Pollution Monitoring Systems
- Operation Principles of Solar Panels
- Developing a Playground for Children with Disabilities
- The Car with a Remote-Control
- Self-Driving Cars: Future or Fantasy?
- The Perspectives of Stair-Climbing Wheelchair
- Mechanisms of Motorized Chains
- How to Build a Car Engine
- Electric Vehicles are Environment-Friendly: Myth or Reality?
- The Use of Engineering Advancements in Agriculture
More than just a spell check
Editors on PapersOwl can edit your paper and give recommendations on how to improve your writing:
- Sentence structure
- Academic style
Capstone Project Ideas for MBA
Here you might read some senior capstone project ideas to help you with your MBA assignment.
- Management Strategies for Developing Countries Businesses
- New App Market Analysis
- Corporate Downsizing and the Following Re-Organization
- How to Make a Business Plan for a Start-Up
- Relationships with Stakeholders
- Small Teams: Culture and Conflict
- Organization Managing Diversity
- What to Pay Attention to in Business Outsourcing
- Business Management and Globalization
- The Most Recent HR Management Principles
- Dealing with Conflicts in Large Companies
- Culturally Differentiated Approaches in Management
- Ethical Principles in Top-Tier Management
- Corporate Strategy Design
- Risk Management and Large Businesses
Capstone Project Ideas for an Accounting Course
Try these ideas for your Capstone Project in Accounting – and get the best result possible.
- How Popular Accounting Theories Developed
- Fixed Assets Accounting System
- Accounting Principles in Information Systems
- Interrelation Between Accounting and Ethical Decision-Making
- Ways to Minimize a Company’s Tax Liabilities
- Tax Evasion and Accounting: Key Principles
- Auditing Firm Accounting Procedures
- A New Accounting Theory Development
- Accounting Software
- Top Three World Recessions
- Accounting Methods in Proprietorship
- Accounting Standards Globally and Locally
- Personal Finance and the Recession Effect
- Company Accounting: Managerial Principles and Functions
- Payroll Management Systems
Capstone Writing: 10 Essential Steps
Be it a senior capstone project of a high school pupil or the one for college, you follow these ten steps. This will ensure you’ll create a powerful capstone paper in the outcome and get the best grade:
- One of the tips to choose a topic that your professors would be interested in is picking a subject in the course of your classes. Make notes during the term and you will definitely encounter an appropriate topic.
- Opt for a precise topic rather than a general one. This concerns especially business subjects.
- Have your capstone project topic approved by your professor.
- Conduct a thorough information search before developing a structure.
- Don’t hesitate to do surveys; they can provide extra points.
- Schedule your time correctly, ensuring a large enough time gap for unpredictable needs.
- Never avoid proofreading – this is the last but not least step before submission.
- Stick up to the topic and logical structure of your work.
- Get prepared to present your project to the audience, learn all the essential points, and stay confident.
- Accept feedback open-mindedly from your teacher as well as your peers.
Preparation of a powerful capstone project involves both selection of an exciting topic and its in-depth examination. If you are interested in the topic, you'll be able to demonstrate to your professor a deep insight into the subject. The lists of ideas above will inspire you and prepare you for the successful completion of your project. Don’t hesitate to try them now!
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
I am Dr. Paulus, an experienced academic writer. I am efficient, hardworking, and very flexible. As a student, I majored in History and Management but will be more than happy to work on any other subject. I write everything from scratch and do a unique research for every project.
Readers also enjoyed
What is a capstone project.
Capstone Project Writing Guides 99 likes
How To Write A Capstone Project Outline: Steps and Example
Capstone Project Writing Guides 13 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
125 Best Capstone Project Ideas for Students
Updated 01 Feb 2023
What is the hardest part of writing a top-notch capstone project? You are going to face many pitfalls and difficulties as you are writing this academic paper but the hardest trial is awaiting you at the very beginning. Pushing yourself to start the work is the hardest part, and one of the most responsible steps here is to choose a good topic that will help to show your full potential. Choosing weak topics can lead to failure. Therefore, we have prepared a list of the best capstone project ideas to help you make the right choice! Need help writing a law essay? Hire our law essay writing service and get help from the best.
How To Choose Topic For Capstone Project?
The choice of a topic is a big and responsible step in writing any academic capstone project, so it is important not to make a fatal mistake. If you also feel stuck, we have a few effective tips to help you get started. A capstone project can be a tricky type of paper so you may need to find out how to buy assignments online .
First of all, keep in mind that the right topic will help you write an outstanding capstone paper and get a deserved high grade. Good topic ideas will give you a possibility to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you’ve gained through the course, so you should approach this step carefully. Then you should remember that a good theme should be valuable, relevant, and interesting (most importantly for you). Your theme should be specific. You can choose narrative speech topics on our site. Choosing a too broad one is not a good idea because it also has to be manageable. Finally, your theme should present a REAL problem, and your goal will be to develop solutions for it and support them with strong arguments.
Here are the main steps you should take to choose great topic ideas:
- Brainstorm to generate some interesting ideas or look for some examples online;
- Study relevant literature to see what researches were already conducted on your ideas and what information is available;
- Choose the most engaging idea to narrow your focus;
- Consult with your adviser.
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample crafted to your needs.
Ideas Of Capstone Project Topics For Students
If you are just about to start your own capstone project, we suggest you take a look at our list of top high school senior capstone project examples to help you find a good topic ideas example.
You can be interested: The 125 Descriptive Speech Topics : The Easiest Way Writing a Descriptive Essay
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas
- Gear based quick return mechanism
- Motorized chain mechanism
- Remote control car
- A robotic arm controlled with android
- Pedal-powered water purifier
- Development of electric hybrid motorcycle
- Solar panels and their directional control
- Red traffic light detector system
- Use of solar energy in our everyday life
- Advantages and disadvantages of electric energy
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Medical emergencies: a review of the best critical care practices
- Nursing Shortage
- Concept and evidence-based practices for nurse leaders
- Best practices for healthcare workers to deal with critical care patients and emergencies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- The role of nurse practitioner in primary care
- Point-of-care testing
- Patient-focused approach
- Pain management
- Asthma care and education for nurses
If you need help with any of these themes, you can turn to our service.
Information Technology Capstone Project Ideas
- Systems of object recognition
- Effective plans for IT emergency recovery
- Top practices for managing records and documents
- Stock management software systems
- Networking security issues
- All system for business decision-making purpose
- Intelligent systems of voice recognition
- Best practices for software quality assurance
- Challenges in computer security
Computer Science Capstone Project Ideas
- The best programming languages
- Image processing
- Cybersecurity: Designing a safe mobile app
- Designing an automated registration software
- The use of stock prediction with neural networks
- Designing a web-based survey system
- Use of smartphone interface for e-medical record and management systems
- Developing an automated system for market-based analysis
- Detection and classification of bacteria using an image
- The use of game theory for analyzing the algorithmst
MBA Capstone Project Ideas
- Define effective algorithms for determining consumer buying behavior
- Benefits of e-learning for professional certification
- Deep analysis of (choose a company) marketing strategies
- Compare and suggest branding strategies for customer engagement
- Analyze and compare retail product display ratio within the most successful US companies
- Definition of brand management and analysis of the best strategies
- Develop a marketing strategy and execution plan
- Analyze effective content marketing strategies that use social media
- Best practices for total quality administration
- Conduct an analysis of customer engagement for a chose company
Read also: 70 Best Sociology Research Topics
Accounting Capstone Project Ideas
- Efficient accounting systems for fixed assets and equipment
- Development of major accounting theories
- The role of ethical decision making
- Leases related accounting theories
- Accounting for sales and income
- Taxes related accounting theories
- Proprietorship accounting
- Financial stamen applications
- Income-related accounting theories
- Accounting theories for applied management
Management Capstone Project Ideas
- Evaluation of free clinic process
- The role of project management in effective political campaigns
- The practice of ethical thinking in administration
- Modern strategies for rate of return and capital investment
- The importance of conflict administration for big companies
- Development of an effective corporate strategy
- Problem thinking approach in business
- How does capital structure affects corporate strategy?
- Project management in promotion campaigns
- The importance of relationships with suppliers
Education Capstone Project Ideas
- Adapting project-based learning in schools
- Challenges and perspectives of education
- The effectiveness of co-teaching
- Social-emotional learning: strategies and standards
- Smartboard activities for students’ engagement
- Mindfulness practices for elementary students: meaning and strategies
- Challenges in the communication of students and teachers
- Virtual classroom: benefits and ways of adopting it at schools
- Advantages and disadvantages of e-learning
- Academic use of technology and social media in the classrooms
Marketing Capstone Project Ideas
- How does national culture help countries to promote exports?
- Channel development strategies
- Importance of customer relationship administration
- How to increase brand awareness?
- Effective administration techniques for e-commerce store
- The influence of toll-free phones on customers’ response to a promotion
- Modern trends in online marketing
- The effectiveness of online advertising
- How do loyalty programs influence customers?
- Green marketing: definition and major strategies
Hopefully, our list of sample ideas for capstone ideas helped you find inspiration for starting your own capstone project! Keep in mind the tips we gave you for choosing a suitable idea, and you will succeed!
What if you can’t complete your capstone paper ? Sometimes, even if you have chosen a brilliant capstone project idea, this does not mean that you are doomed to succeed. This is a complex task that not everyone can handle. However, we have a solution! EduBirdie.com helps students keep up with all of their academic assignments and get the highest grades with ease. Why choose EduBirdie.com? Because we have numerous benefits for you:
- Excellent quality;
- Only native speaking writers;
- Support 24/7;
- Pocket-friendly prices;
- 100% original papers;
- All types of assignments available including essay, research paper, dissertation proposal, capstone projects, and many others.
Submitting an A-worthy capstone project is simple with us, so, if you have faced any issues with writing your capstone papers, do not hesitate and use our writing service at EduBirdie.com!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Written by Julius Sim
As an experienced Data Analyst, Julius never stops analyzing things, which makes him a good writer who provides his share of analytical skills. As a responsible person with a strong civil position, he likes writing about social issues, healthy lifestyle, culture, volunteering, and education. Using his experience of being a leader in numerous student clubs, Julius likes sharing helpful tips to assist students and educators alike.
Related Blog Posts
100 education capstone project ideas to get you inspired.
A capstone project is one of the most important projects for all students. The final assignment is the summit of all of their hard work throughout ...
Our Best Picks Of Capstone Project Ideas for Information Technology
A capstone project, capstone experience, senior exhibition, or culminating project is an essential academic assignment for students. This culminati...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
Sample Capstone Project Proposal
Getting started .
Open annually between August through November, the HCDE online capstone proposal form is where you submit a project proposal. CAP members may submit more than one project idea, but please think about how many teams you will be able to support in total. The project description should be a straightforward, one-paragraph summary of the design brief or project challenge.
Before submitting your project, read the Capstone project guidelines .
Submit a Capstone Proposal
Example Project Proposals
- Sponsor: ABC User Experience Consultants
- Title: Designing Mobile Technologies for Environmental Sustainability
- Contact(s): Jane Doe, [email protected]
- Description: Design an object, interface, system, or service intended to support the idea of utilizing or consuming local resources rather than global resources, in a sustainable and environmentally efficient manner. Use methods of ethnography and contextual research to understand the problem space, and design a mobile phone application that supports, assists, enhances or otherwise benefits people interested in sustainability.
- Target User Group: Seattle residents
Example Usability-Focused Project
- Sponsor: Usability R’ Us
- Title: Evaluate and Redesign Awesome Airlines Website
- Contact(s): Bob Smith, [email protected]
- Description: Conduct an in-depth usability test of the current Awesome Airlines corporate website. Prepare a usability test plan, recruit 5-10 clients, and conduct the evaluation. Generate a list of recommended changes, and then provide design mock-ups for how those changes might be implemented into the existing website design to make it more usable.
- Target User Group: Awesome Airlines customers
Example User Research-Focused Project
- Sponsor: The User Research People
- Title: Determine Design Requirements for Home Sensing Project
- Contact(s): Alison Miller, [email protected]
- Description: The User Research People company is conducting user research for a client who is interested in building sensors for people to install in their home that will monitor appliance usage, record maintenance and repairs, and report any safety issues. Your task will be to conduct user research with homeowners to identify the design requirements and concerns with using such technology in their home and the provide mock-ups and sketches for ideas for different sensing solutions.
- Target User Group: Homeowners
How to Write a Capstone Project With Ease
How to Write a Capstone Project: Definition
A capstone project is an academic paper that serves as a summary of a student’s experience. This type of paper is written in the last year of middle or high school or as a part of a college or university course. It can be assigned for nursing, engineering, IT, business, and other courses.
How to Do a Capstone Project: What’s So Special About It?
A capstone project is another way to sum up skills and competencies the student has gained during the course. This kind of paper may be presented in various forms: case studies, research papers, surveys, outcome-based evaluation, focus groups, and more. The type and complexity will depend on the tutor’s requirements and course. The student needs to pick one of capstone project ideas related to the course or specialization and write a paper. Typically, a capstone project will be connected with the future specialization and require strong skills in teamwork, public speaking, and critical and analytical thinking.
How long is a capstone project? This will depend on the tutor’s requirements and usually is approximately forty pages long or more. You will be given plenty of time to write it.
Along with the writing process, students are frequently required to make a presentation (also known as a defense) of their project. The aim of such presentation is to improve public speaking skills and help students clearly express their thoughts. Along with a presentation, you will need to create a portfolio of your project that will accompany your presentation with additional materials and help the listener understand how you have come to your conclusions.
How to Write a Capstone Research Paper: Step by Step
1. Think of the topic. It is advisable to think about the topic from the very beginning of the program. Take notes and write down the ideas that come up during the classes. Think about the topics that interested you the most and seem manageable. Talk with your classmates or faculty members who have faced the topic before.
Focus on topics connected with your own experience and life. Think about situations where your knowledge from the course can be applied. Your capstone project should highlight the knowledge and skills you obtained during the course and how you can apply this in a prospective workplace. For example, it may be a business plan including a market investigation in a particular area, or the development of a new product or program aimed at a certain need.
2. Create a capstone project proposal. Before you start writing your paper, you will need to submit a proposal to your tutor. Usually it is a paper of 200 words or more. How to write a capstone proposal? Include the following points in your proposal:
- Tell about the topic you want to choose and why you want to write about this particular topic.
- Write about your experience or background in the particular topic.
- Highlight the scope of information available and sources.
- Tell about the research that you plan to do in your project and what methods you plan to use: analyze a certain process, pick certain products, etc.
- List the required workplace and human subject approvals.
- Set the aims that you wish to achieve with this project.
If you are required to write a broader proposal, you will need to develop a literature review and methodology that you plan to use in your writing. Make sure that you have included everything that will assure the tutor that you are interested in the topic and he or she will accept your proposal.
3. Gather information. Identify the sources and search for information related to your topic. Look through textbooks from your course; you can find a list of recommended literature and use it as a basis for your project. Create a folder on your computer and save all references and helpful links in one single place. Structure information in various files, name them appropriately, and add tags to ease the navigation. Highlight the key articles related to your topic that you will be discussing in the literature review section. Group the articles by categories.
4. Come up with a structure. The structure of every capstone project may vary. A clear structure will help you logically divide your work and concentrate on each part. Here you can see the typical structure of a capstone project:
- Title page.
- Literature review.
- Results and Discussion.
- Conclusion and Recommendations.
- References list.
5. Make a timetable. As a capstone is quite a voluminous paper, you will need to involve your time-planning skills. The best decision will be creating a calendar with tasks and deadlines. Correct the schedule over time, as one task you can complete faster, while the other one may take more time than you have planned. Use organizers in your phone or computer to keep track of your progress any time.
6. Get to the writing. The basis of your capstone project is the thesis statement. Come up with a strong thesis statement that is specific and narrow enough. If your thesis will be too broad, you won’t be able to cover all of the detail. You can write your project from any point you like; the only thing you need to remember is that the introduction is written last. You won’t be able to create a good introduction when you are not deep in the matter of the issue. Don’t forget to state the major problem (or issue) and list the limitations of the study.
In the literature review summarize your findings of the existing information on the topic. Make general conclusions and a brief analysis of each source that is valuable for your research. Keep being critical of the sources and note the gaps in the information. Add quotes to add value to your review, but don’t overuse it.
In the methods paragraph, analyze the process of your research. The reader should understand what you have done and how: collecting data, analysis, evaluation, etc. Justify the methods you chose and discuss the positive and negative sides of the chosen method.
In the results section, describe the data you received during the research. If you have statistics or other data, visualize it in tables and charts. Add descriptions and an interpretation of the data. In the conclusion, sum up your findings and make recommendations for further researches and applications. Find the connection of your results with the initial issue.
7. Proofread the text. Reread the first draft and make corrections. Firstly, look through all sections and make sure that they are complete and logically right. Cut sentences without meaning, and add important sentences so the text will be complete. When you will be done with the context, look through for incorrect grammar, typos, and other mistakes. Make sure that the tone of your work is totally academic. And at last, format the text in accordance with the requirements to make it look neat and well structured. Ask someone experienced in academic writing to look through your writing and ask for feedback.
8. Prepare for the defense. Most of the project should be defended before the project committee. The quality of your presentation will influence the evaluation of the whole project. Initially you will need to reveal the essence of your topic, discuss the project research, and tell about your findings. Along with your presentation, the committee usually asks questions connected with your research and findings. Usually, committee members are familiar with the text of your project, as they have already looked through your proposal and drafts, so keep in mind that your defense will look more like a discussion than a presentation itself.
Capstone Project Sample
Here you can read one of our capstone project examples for nursing. We have commented on this paper with essential notes that you need to consider while writing. The paper was written in APA style and can serve as a great example to follow, especially if you are writing a capstone project for the first time. Please, note that the capstone project sample may differ from your requirements; we are giving you only a general view on how a written capstone project looks. Also, you can buy essay online cheap and check out other capstone paper examples.
Click the images to see their full size.
Tips to Write a Capstone Paper
- Strictly follow the given instructions. If the tutor requires you to use a particular structure or to organize text using bullets – do it. All these recommendations are given to make your text readable.
- Make sure that you have applied the right structure. Capstone projects are usually voluminous and require a clear structure.
- Create a powerful thesis statement that will show you potential.
- Plan your time wisely. Create a time schedule for completing your paper.
- Pick reliable sources only. The quality of your work will depend on the sources you use.
- Pay attention to the layout. Follow the required style and format, as the presentation is vital.
- Stick to one single style of writing and tone. The paper should be written using an academic style of writing – avoid a narrative or personal style.
- Constantly contact your supervisor to make sure that you are going the right way.
Mistakes to Avoid in a Capstone Project
- Don’t pick the topic that requires tons of calculations or complex concepts. If you will need to make a presentation of your project, the listeners will get bored from the numbers.
- Avoid repetitions and self-plagiarism (copying parts of text from your previous researches).
- Don’t underestimate the meaning of a capstone project – it may be as important as a thesis or dissertation.
- Don’t use long sentences. Make your writing laconic and to the point. A capstone project doesn’t require narrative skills, only academic writing skills, and involves accurate sentences which present a certain idea.
- Don’t skip doing proper proofreading and editing. Even a single grammatical or punctuation error may spoil the impression from a good capstone project.
How to Choose Capstone Project Topics
Choosing a topic is crucial for your capstone project—it has to be interesting, engaging and at least be somehow connected with your interests or hobbies. If you are wondering why, just imagine you need to write 45 pages on a topic you feel deadly bored about. Is that convincing enough?
1) The difficulty with choosing a topic for your capstone project is that it actually can be related to two or even more disciplines, not only one. So take your time and think what has fascinated you during your studies the most. If you have some notes left from previous years, you can look them through (of course, if you have a habit of writing questions that come to your head during a lecture). This is still not a topic, but at least you will find the direction to move in.
2) Now it’s time to actually choose the topic . You have the field of studies – let’s lay, literature and language. What do you need to do here is have a quick look at what you have been studying the whole course and form a related topic. To make the task easier, ask your counselor to give you a list of topics or review the works written previously in your department. You can base your topic on those you’ve found or come up with a completely unique one, but remember that you need it to be confirmed by your project counselor.
3) Don’t be afraid of changes. In the process of the research, most students find that their topic doesn’t quite suit the scientific reality they encounter. For example, if your topic was “symbols in Celtic love poetry,” you initially find out that the Celts weren’t very fond of writing love poetry, and most of their poems were about battles, power and might. But don’t be afraid, as this doesn’t mean you have to conduct new research or something—simply adjust the topic. If you have found reasons why the Celts didn’t write about love, then your topic should include this important discovery. It will read like this “Main reasons for avoiding the love topic.”
Do you have a better idea on how to write a capstone project? Share your opinion in the comment section below. The best and most useful secrets will be added to the article.
We hope that our guide and tips have given you a basic understanding of how to write a capstone project. All of this information is general, as every capstone project depends on your department requirements and program. We wish you to write a capstone project with ease!
- High School Capstone Project Example
- Capstone Project Example: Virtual Brands
- Retirement Farewell Speech Example
- Farewell Speech Example
- Business Owner Farewell Speech Sample
- Receiving a Twenty Year Service Award
- Princeton Graduation Speech
- Never Giving up on a Dream
- Medical Student Graduation Speech
- Tribute Presentation Sample
- Greenpeace Organization
- Treatments of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Marketing Manager Speech Sample
- Demographic Policy and Abortion in China
- Causes of Teenage Drug Addiction
- Positive Effects of Classical Music
- Developing of Professional Skills of the Employees
- College Psychologist Speech
- How to Plan an International Trip
- Demonstrating a Marketing Plan for New Product Line
- Destructive Effects of GMO on Children
- Child Adoption Speech
- Become a Volunteer
- Why Videos Go Viral
- Party Planning for Children’s Birthday Parties
- Modern Relationship Problems Presentation Sample
- The Advantages of Jogging
- Let’s Become Vegetarians
- Killing Routines
Non-fiction review, creative review, business letters, academic letters, personal letters, essay writing, business writing, creative writing, research papers, writing tips, give your grades a boost.
Original papers by high quality experts
Free preview and unlimited revisions
The proposed study entitled Vehicle Number Plate Recognition using Android System aimed to provide a system that would help them detect and
Recommended Capstone Project Proposal Format · Cover page with: · Project Summary A brief summary of the overall goal of the project and the final outcomes to be
Format of a Capstone Project Proposal · Title · Abstract · Research Problem · Literature Review · Methodology/Project Design · Timeline · Description
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas · How to Make a Self-Flying Robot · How to Make Robotic Arm · Biomass Fuelled Water Heater · Geological Data
Home Surveillance and Automation · iPhone SMS Notification Systems · Using GSM Technologies for Detecting Theft · POS Apps and Their Use · Business
Best Capstone Engineering Project Ideas · Development of electric hybrid motorcycle · Solar panels and their directional control · Red traffic light detector
Example Project Proposals · Sponsor: Usability R' Us · Title: Evaluate and Redesign Awesome Airlines Website · Contact(s): Bob Smith, [email protected] · Description:
CAPSTONE PROJECT TITLE PROPOSAL ... This project is showing the store's grocery list, items and pricelist. This makes the owner of the store to make easier in
FB GROUP : (BS-IT) Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Helper https://www.facebook.com/groups/468527014782042275 Capstone Titl...
A capstone project is an academic paper that serves as a summary of a student's experience. This type of paper is written in the last year of middle or high