- resume builder
- customer service
- resume search
- microsoft word
- resume services
- resume review
- hard skills
- soft skills
- resume objectives
- CV examples
- CV templates
- how to write a CV
- cover letter builder
- cover letter services
- cover letter templates
- cover letter formats
- how to write a cover letter
- LiveCareer »
- Resume Search »
- Senior Capstone Project
Senior Capstone Project resume example
- Montgomery Street , San Francisco , CA 94105
- H: (555) 432-1000
- [email protected]
- Date of Birth :
I am recent graduate of Purdue University seeking full time employment as a Automation Control Engineer. My coursework and experience relating to this position includes project management, machine vision systems, industrial controls, and automatic identification and data capture. I am a self starter that easily learns new technologies and ideas, has lead a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, and has worked with clients to find and implement solutions to their unique problems.
- Responsible for providing and implementing a solution to a quality inspection problem for an industry partner.
- Took responsibility for setting up meetings, meeting deadlines, and keeping the project on task as the team leader.
- Created alterations to existing Allen-Bradley PLC systems using RSLogix 500, existing ladder logic code, and electrical schematics.
- Interfaced a Banner camera in to the existing PLC system to perform in line production quality inspection, using common machine vision system tools.
- Altered an existing HMI display screen to add additional functionality to an already existing system.
- Design and implementation of electrical circuits for control and feedback of a solar powered food dehydrator.
- Reviewed and altered previous electrical designs and software to better suit the needs of the end system.
- PCB design, fabrication, and assembly with the goal of creating a design that can be mass manufactured.
- Assisted students with learning and developing concepts relating to 8-bit Atmel microcontroller programming.
- Taught students software and hardware debugging and troubleshooting techniques.
- Reviewed submitted coding homework assignments and reports for actual functionality and readability.
- Coursework in Wireless Electronics
- Coursework in Industrial Controls
- Coursework in Instrumenting and Data Collection
- Coursework in Automatic Identification and Data Capture
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions . As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
How this resume score could be improved?
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
- Purdue University
Job Titles Held:
- Research Assistant Intern
- Teaching Assistant: Embedded Digital Systems
- Bachelor of Science
work experience for a senior capstone project
Emergency Care Research Institute
West Chester, Pennsylvania
senior engineering capstone project
Greenville, North Carolina
project manager - capstone project internship
Jimale Technical Service LLC
You control your data
Choose type of cookies to accept
These cookies give you access to a customized experience of our products. Personalization cookies are also used to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing). We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
These cookies are placed by third-party companies to deliver targeted content based on relevant topics that are of interest to you. And allow you to better interact with social media platforms such as Facebook.
These cookies are essential for the Site's performance and for you to be able to use its features. For example, essential cookies include: cookies dropped to provide the service, maintain your account, provide builder access, payment pages, create IDs for your documents and store your consents.
To see a detailed list of cookies, click here .
- Resume Help
How to List Projects on a Resume (Work, Personal, Academic)
Listing projects on a resume can instantly boost your chances of job hunting success. See how both freelancers and regular workers can harness the power of projects.
As seen in:
Sending out the same old resume isn’t doing you any favors. Recruiters see hundreds of candidates for every job. Write a boring cookie-cutter resume, and you might as well just throw it in the trash.
What if… There was one easy addition to your resume. One that would instantly increase your chances of getting a job, and made you look more attractive to recruiters? You’d add it in a flash, right? Well, there is. All you need to do is list projects on your resume.
Read on and you’ll see:
- How writing a project-based resume is a job-winning tactic for freelancers.
- How to add projects to your work experience section or create a stand-alone section for an even bigger impact.
- How adding academic or school projects to your education section is a great idea if you’ve just graduated or you’re still studying.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here .
Create your resume now
Sample resume made with our builder— See more resume examples here .
Looking for more career advice? See:
- Certification & Licenses on a Resume
- How to Include Relevant Coursework in a Resume
- How to Put Internships on a Resume
- How to List Continuing Education on a Resume
- How to Put Phi Beta Kappa on a Resume
Interested in resume examples for specific positions? Check:
- Contractor Resume
- Construction Resume
- Consultant Resume
- Computer Science (CS) Resume
- Data Science Resume
- Research Assistant Resume
- Project Manager Resume
- Project Engineer Resume
- Program Manager Resume
- Construction Project Manager Resume
- IT Project Manager Resume
- Technical Resume
- Graphic Designer Resume
- Software Developer Resume
- Web Developer Resume
- Java Developer Resume
- Programmer Resume
- Self-Employed Resume
- Best Resume Samples for 500+ Jobs
How to list projects on a resume?
Projects can be listed on a resume below a job description as accomplishments. You can also list them in a separate section titled Projects, Personal Projects, and Academic Projects. Academic projects can be included in the education resume section. You can also create a project-oriented resume.
Now, let's get to the nitty-gritty of each approach—
Project-Based Resumes for Freelancers
In today’s gig economy a standard cookie-cutter resume doesn’t always work. For a freelance contractor, including all of your projects on a resume the old school way can cause problems.
The chronological format is the standard for resumes. It sets out your work experience by listing your most recent job first and working back from there in reverse chronological order .
Recruiters love it, because it’s easy to make sure your experience is relevant and job title matches the job description.
But picture this, you’re a tech freelancer going for a contract coding a cool Python project for a web application. Your Python skills are legendary, but you’re no one-trick pony. Your last gig on your resume is a Java project.
Problem is recruiters only spend seven seconds on each resume, so chances are they won’t bother scanning further than the first entry.
They’ll think you’re unqualified then move on to the next candidate.
Here’s how to list projects on your resume to stop that happening. Create a functional resume .
Here’s how to code it:
- Rename your resume work experience section as “Projects.”
- Input a single line of code by naming every project with a title like this:
- Number projects sequentially. Project 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Write a project name.
- Then include the company and your position.
- Next line, type “Duration:” and list how long you worked on the project—e.g. three months, six weeks etc.
- Third line, type “Technologies used:” and list the programming languages , etc. that you utilized.
- Finish with up to six bullet points about the project and what you contributed. Aim to keep your resume targeted to the job you want.
- Start each bullet point with a resume action word to make it pop.
- Use the PAR (Problem-Action-Result) formula to give your project description more impact.
- Include quantifiable accomplishments .
- Use past tense on your resume for projects you're done with.
- Include a summary of qualifications at the very top to bring together the most imporant talking points of the rest of your resume.
And when structuring your resume , remember it should only be one or two pages long.
Here’s an example of how to list projects on a resume:
Project-Based Resume Sample—Freelancers
Project 1: Updating fintechnews.com (Fintech News Inc.) Backend Developer
Duration: Three months
- Created a content management system serving as a client interface that reduced download times by 30%.
- Developed new admin panel, which improved internal operating efficiency by over 40%.
- Created comprehensive testing regime using RSpec to ensure bug-free code.
- Rebuilt entire website with up to date technologies and frameworks.
Remember this format works great for freelancers in other industries, too. Even if your whole work history is based on freelance projects you can still write a great resume.
A word of caution. Functional format resumes may not get through older ATS resume scans.
Chances are that freelancing gigs are reviewed by human decision-makers, so this isn’t an issue. But if you’ve decided to go for a full-time corporate job, it’s best to assume ATS will be used so stick to the more traditional chronological format.
See more: How to List Freelance Work on a Resume
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check . Start building a professional resume template here for free .
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
Adding Projects to a Resume—Traditional Employment
Projects aren’t just for freelancers. They’re a great resume addition for traditional types of employment, too.
One way to include projects in your resume is to highlight them in your work experience section.
- Write up your work experience section according to professional standards.
- After the last bullet point start a line with “Key Projects:”
- Then write one or two sentences per project, following the PAR formula.
- Use action words and accomplishment statements.
Here’s an example:
Projects on a Resume Sample—Work Experience Section
Systron Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Inside Sales Associate
- Performed an average of 90+ cold calls daily creating three new qualified prospects exceeding company average by 10%.
- Managed a $1 million pipeline that supported the creation of 50 new accounts.
- Sold SaaS and Cloud offering to key accounts including California State University, Ace Athetics and BMI, succeeding in reducing back-up time by 50%.
Key Projects: Worked with IT team to create a new web-based leads-generating system, resulting in closed sales increasing by 18% contributing to a $1.5 million increase in profits.
Those two extra lines really add some wow factor.
Alternatively, include projects as an additional resume detail .
Recruiters love extra sections, they’re like a delicious buttercream cake frosting for your resume. A regular old cake is good, but the frosting makes it great.
This is how to add a projects section to your resume:
- Give it the title “Key Projects” and add it as the last section of your resume, after your skills section .
- Write a single sentence showing off an impressive project win.
- Use the PAR formula, action words and accomplishment statements when presenting your project management skills .
- Mention the job title and employer you had at the time.
- Avoid including irrelevant experience to beef up your document (especially if it means going farther back on your resume than 10-15 years ).
Here’s how it would look on a resume.
Projects on a Resume Sample—Additional Section
- Spearheaded a cost-cutting project achieving a $50,000 dollar annual saving by replacing paper towels with hand dryers in all bathroom facilities as National Operations Manager with Redbridge Systems.
This approach is nice and flexible, too. You can target your resume for different jobs by simply swapping out different projects depending on what you’re applying for. Plus, it might help you deal with multiple positions with the same company on your resume .
Projects aren’t just for experienced professionals though.
For a complete guide on resume writing, check out: How to Write a Job-Winning Resume: Professional Guide
Adding Projects to Your Education Section
If you’re writing a recent college graduate resume or you’re still studying, you’ll know the feeling. Writing a resume without work experience is tough.
You can instantly add more credibility by putting college or academic projects on your resume.
Here’s how to put coursework projects on your education section:
- Write up your education section according to professional standards.
- Then underneath add a title e.g. “Programming Projects.”
- Follow with a brief description of the project e.g. “Coding a chat application in Java”
- Include when you completed the project. Do this by semester e.g. Fall 2018
- Finish with 2–3 sentences describing the projects, the skills you utilized and what was accomplished.
Here’s an example.
Projects on a Resume Sample—Education Section
B.S. in Computer Engineering
University of California, Riverside, CA
Coding a Chat Application in Java
- Created a group chat application using MulticastSocket (Java Platform SE 7) with additional capabilities for joining “groups” of other multicast hosts on the internet. Used Java’s RMI (Remote Method Invocation) to achieve encryption-decryption.
Student resumes will also benefit from including the following :
- Your currently pursued degree and expected graduation date
- GPA , making the dean's list , latin honors
- Interests (especially if they can be spun as projects)
Don't put your high school education on a resume if you're already in college though!
Pro Tip: You can also put personal projects on your resume. The candidate above could’ve created some coding projects in their spare time. Just follow the instructions above for adding a separate projects section to your resume and title it “Personal Projects.”
And that’s it. Projects on a resume for every situation.
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here. Here's what it may look like:
See more cover letter templates and start writing.
Adding projects is an easy way to make your resume stand out like a peacock at a penguin convention.
How to list projects on s resume:
- Use a projects-based resume if you're a freelancer or most of your work is projects-oriented.
- Add projects below each job description or as a separate additional section.
- Add academic projects to your education section if you're still in school of just graduated.
- Add personal projects as a stand-alone category, but be selective in what you list.
- Make sure all projects are tailored to the position you're applying for.
- Highlight most impressive projects as "Key Projects" below each job description or in a separate section.
Don't miss out on exclusive stories that will supercharge your career!
Get a weekly dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox
18+ Simple & Basic Resume Templates (That Are Easy to Use)
Not only do our simple resume templates please the recruiter's eye, but they are also ATS-scannable. Here's a selection of our best basic CV templates you can download now.
The Perfect Resume in 8 Easy Steps: Write & Download Now
Great skills? Amazing layout? Good work history section? What’s the secret behind a *perfect* resume? You’ve come to the right place to find out.
How to Improve Your Resume: 12 Easy Steps to Beef it Up
There’s always room for improvement. Learn our 12 best tips on how to improve your resume to make it one in a million.
Unsure where to put Capstone project in resume?
I am currently applying for marketing internships and revamping my resume. For my capstone class, my project was to help someone begin the process of running their own business. I would record all minutes for meetings, researched the target market and market trends, conducted a survey, and made recommendations based on findings. For the final, I wrote a 15 page report with all of my data and recommendations then had a 5 minute presentation to the client, classmates, and their clients.
My question is - Where should I report this? Would it be under experience or in education under the college?
Yep, seconding what u/honey_fungus said. Just create a projects section on your resume and write about what you did and the purpose of the project. Two things to note: one, make sure your resume doesn't go over a page; two, once you get some professional experience under your belt, if you have to omit your project to keep your resume at a page, do so! One page is the priority. Good luck! :)
Thank you! Would it be silly if that was the only project though? I’m not sure anything else I’ve done has been too noteworthy
I’ve seen some resumes where there is a section devoted to “Academic Projects” and people will describe notable projects/what class it was for/etc. Google a few examples and see if it would be fitting on your own resume
Your capstone project can be listed under both education and experience sections, depending on the focus you want to give to it.
If you want to highlight the education aspect of the project, you can list it under your college degree or major and include a brief description of the project and your role in it. This is a good way to showcase your academic skills, such as research and analysis, as well as your ability to work in a team and present your findings.
If you want to emphasize the hands-on experience you gained from the project, you can list it under a relevant work experience section. This will demonstrate your practical skills, such as project management and market research, and highlight the impact you had on the project's outcome. You can include details on the scope of the project, your responsibilities, and your achievements, such as presenting your findings to the client and classmates.
In both cases, it is essential to keep the language concise and clear, and avoid using technical jargon that may not be easily understood by a hiring manager.
It depends on your career objective and the focus you want to give to your capstone project, but both education and experience sections can be a good place to list your capstone project on your resume.
Capstone Project Team Leader resumes , made faster | professional
Create Your Own
Rocket Resume helps you get hired faster
Everything you need to edit your capstone project team leader resume, in one place, 10 minutes to edit your resume.
Our smart tools make editing a polished resume faster, so you can concentrate on landing that dream job
Use recruiter-approved bullet points
We'll suggest pre-written industry-specific text specifically aligned to every section of your resume
Over 2 million resume templates
Grab an existing template for your industry, or customize one so its just right for you
Edit your resume, get hired faster
Download your resume and share it directly with hiring managers
Edit your resume professionally with Rocket Resume
Use our recruiter-approved suggestions for free, professionally edit your resume with rocket resume, use our free recruiter-approved suggestions, search and browse resume content.
- College Majors
- Job Search Advice
This app has been developed with Alma better using React.GitHub repo: https://github.com/Jagannath04/Resume-BuilderHosted link:
The MPA Capstone Project is an excellent professional experience to highlight on your resume. It is a demonstration of the skills you have acquired at the
Capstone Project resume example · Washed, waxed and buffed the exterior of vehicles. · Dried car surfaces using air compressors and cloths. · Vacuumed car
Altered an existing HMI display screen to add additional functionality to an already existing system. Research Assistant Intern, 2017 to Current
Projects aren't just for freelancers. They're a great resume addition for traditional types of employment, too. One way to include projects in
Just create a projects section on your resume and write about what you did and the purpose of the project. Two things to note: one, make sure
Use Rocket Resume's Capstone Project Team Leader resume editor. Edit your resume now with our simple recruiter-approved resumes & templates.
Under each job description. You can highlight them under each job description, add them to a projects section on your resume or add them as part
With Zippia's resume builder, you can put together a modern-looking resume in less than 10 minutes. Just choose a resume template that suits
Build a Resume-Builder Web App and add it to your resume to get recognized !! Isn't that interesting? Let's get started then! Project Stages. This project