Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Database Management System Case Studies Case Study 1 Hospital Management System
Aim: XYZ hospital is a multi specialty hospital that includes a number of departments, rooms, doctors, nurses, compounders, and other staff working in the hospital. Patients having different kinds of ailments come to the hospital and get checkup done from the concerned doctors. If required they are admitted in the hospital and discharged after treatment. The aim of this case study is to design and develop a database for the hospital to maintain the records of various departments, rooms, and doctors in the hospital. It also maintains records of the regular patients, patients admitted in the hospital, the check up of patients done by the doctors, the patients that have been operated, and patients discharged from the hospital.
International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering
A database is a collection of data in an organized manner so that its content can easily be accessed, retrieved, managed and updated as per need. It is think of electronic filing system. DBMS (Database Management System) is the keeper of database facilitating the creation & maintenance of database. It Provides fast secure access to the data in the database. A database contains objects which
Journal of Medical Systems
The study examined the designing of a database management system for a health management organizations. It further probed into how this has impacted on the management efficiency and effectiveness of a health management organization. Secondary data were used for the study. The study made use of E-R Models to vividly examine how a viable database can be design. The study therefore, concluded that strategic design of a database can enhance Management Information System and effective record management for a Health Management Organizations. Key Words: Database, Health Management Organizations, organization performance
— Health institution requires quality data and information management to function effectively and efficiently. It is an understatement to say that many organizations, institutions or government agencies have become critically dependent on the use of database system for their successes especially in the hospital. This work aims at developing an improved hospital information management system using a function-based approach. An efficient HIMS that can be used to manage patient information and its administration is presented in this work. This is with the goal of eradicating the problem of improper data keeping, inaccurate reports, wastage of time in storing, processing and retrieving information faced by the existing hospital information system in order to improve the overall efficiency of the health institution. The system was developed with Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), and My Structured Query Language (MySQL). The new system was tested using data collected from Renewal Clinic, Ibadan, Nigeria was used as case study were the data for the research was collected and the system was tested. The system provides a vital platform of information storage and retrieval in hospitals.
Lippincott's Case Management
Annals of Medicine
Juan Carlos Agudelo-Agudelo
Biology of Reproduction
Eli Ben David
Defence Science Journal
hari om Verma
African Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
International Journal of Environmental Health Research
SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL OF TAN TRAO UNIVERSITY
BMC Health Services Research
Pediatric Exercise Science
Professor Mark De Ste Croix
The Journal of Asian Studies
Andrea V Zanella
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Digestive Disorders
Journal of Health and Medical Sciences
Journal of Archaeological Science
Ina Vanden Berghe
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2024
Case Studies Examples Scenarios Database System DBMS
Most of the time you see the case studies and scenario-based questions in the Database System (DBMS) paper. Keeping in view, I am sharing with you some of the case study base questions of the database course.
Examples of Case Studies and Scenarios questions from DBMS
- Examples of Case Studies and scenarios from the Database System.
- How you can make a database from the scenario mentioned below.
- How you can normalize the database tables from the case studies mentioned below.
- How to draw the Entity-relationship diagram from the given case study.
- How to draw the Data flow diagram from the case studies mentioned below.
- What database model is suitable for the case studies mentioned below.
- What kind of database users are suitable for the given case study.
- What kind of database redundancies and inconsistencies are possible in the given scenario.
- How You can write SQL Queries on the tables of the mentioned case study.
- Find the possible database keys from the tables of these case studies.
- Suggest the relationships among the tables of the given scenarios.
Vehicle information dissemination system for Cloud Android Project for BCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Gym and Fitness Management System Project IN C# for BCS BSIT MCS BSSE
HR Management System Project in C# and VB.NET for BCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Employees Attendance System via Fingerprint in C# and VB.NET for BCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Pharmacy Record Management System Project in PHP, ASP or C#.NET
Car information System using Android and Arduino final year Project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Agile File Master App final year project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Android Messenger App final year project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Android Call Recorder App final year project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Music Listening App final year project for BSCS BSIT MCS BSSE
Like mind matches Android application – Final year project for MCS
Financial Helper Using QR/Barcode Scanner Android Final year project for MCS BSCS BSSE
My Grocery List Mobile Application Project in Android
If you are still in reading the more case studies, then you can read 100+ case studies .
- Case Studies Examples Scenarios OOP
- History of Database System (DBMS)
- Leadership Case Studies MCQs
- Data Independence in DBMS (Database)
- 3 Tier Database Architecture in DBMS
- Client-server Database Architecture in DBMS
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Digital Logic and Design
- C Programming
- Data Structures
- Theory of Computation
- Compiler Design
- Computer Org and Architecture
- DBMS Tutorial - Database Management System
Basic of DBMS
- Introduction of DBMS (Database Management System) - Set 1
- History of DBMS
- Advantages of Database Management System
- Disadvantages of DBMS
- Application of DBMS
- Need for DBMS
- DBMS Architecture 1-level, 2-Level, 3-Level
- Difference between File System and DBMS
- Entity Relationship Model
- Introduction of ER Model
- Structural Constraints of Relationships in ER Model
- Difference between entity, entity set and entity type
- Difference between Strong and Weak Entity
- Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation in ER Model
- Recursive Relationships in ER diagrams
- Relational Model
- Introduction of Relational Model and Codd Rules in DBMS
- Types of Keys in Relational Model (Candidate, Super, Primary, Alternate and Foreign)
- Anomalies in Relational Model
- Mapping from ER Model to Relational Model
- Strategies for Schema design in DBMS
- Relational Algebra
- Introduction of Relational Algebra in DBMS
- Basic Operators in Relational Algebra
- Extended Operators in Relational Algebra
- SQL | Join (Inner, Left, Right and Full Joins)
- Join operation Vs Nested query in DBMS
- Tuple Relational Calculus (TRC) in DBMS
- Domain Relational Calculus in DBMS
- Functional Dependencies
- Functional Dependency and Attribute Closure
- Armstrong's Axioms in Functional Dependency in DBMS
- Equivalence of Functional Dependencies
- Canonical Cover of Functional Dependencies in DBMS
- Introduction of Database Normalization
- Normal Forms in DBMS
- First Normal Form (1NF)
- Second Normal Form (2NF)
- Boyce-Codd Normal Form (BCNF)
- Introduction of 4th and 5th Normal Form in DBMS
- The Problem of Redundancy in Database
- Database Management System | Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Lossless Decomposition in DBMS
- Lossless Join and Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Denormalization in Databases
- Transactions and Concurrency Control
- Concurrency Control in DBMS
- ACID Properties in DBMS
- Implementation of Locking in DBMS
- Lock Based Concurrency Control Protocol in DBMS
- Graph Based Concurrency Control Protocol in DBMS
- Two Phase Locking Protocol
- Multiple Granularity Locking in DBMS
- Polygraph to check View Serializability in DBMS
- Log based Recovery in DBMS
- Timestamp based Concurrency Control
- Dirty Read in SQL
- Types of Schedules in DBMS
- Conflict Serializability in DBMS
- Condition of schedules to View-equivalent
- Recoverability in DBMS
- Precedence Graph for Testing Conflict Serializability in DBMS
- Database Recovery Techniques in DBMS
- Starvation in DBMS
- Deadlock in DBMS
- Types of Schedules based Recoverability in DBMS
- Why recovery is needed in DBMS
- Indexing, B and B+ trees
- Indexing in Databases - Set 1
- Introduction of B-Tree
- Insert Operation in B-Tree
- Delete Operation in B-Tree
- Introduction of B+ Tree
- Bitmap Indexing in DBMS
- Inverted Index
- Difference between Inverted Index and Forward Index
- SQL Queries on Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes
- File Organization in DBMS - Set 1
- File Organization in DBMS | Set 2
- File Organization in DBMS | Set 3
DBMS Interview questions and Last minute notes
- Last Minute Notes - DBMS
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 2
DBMS GATE Previous Year Questions
- Database Management System - GATE CSE Previous Year Questions
- Database Management Systems | Set 2
- Database Management Systems | Set 3
- Database Management Systems | Set 4
- Database Management Systems | Set 5
- Database Management Systems | Set 6
- Database Management Systems | Set 7
- Database Management Systems | Set 8
DBMS Tutorial – Database Management System
Database Management System is a software or technology used to manage data from a database. Some popular databases are MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, etc. DBMS provides many operations e.g. creating a database, Storing in the database, updating an existing database, delete from the database. DBMS is a system that enables you to store, modify and retrieve data in an organized way. It also provides security to the database.
In this Database Management System tutorial you’ll learn basic to advanced topics like ER model, Relational Model, Relation Algebra, Normalization, File Organization, etc.
‘Recent Articles’ on DBMS !
- File Organization
- Advanced Topics
- Quick Links
- DBMS Introduction | Set 1
- DBMS Introduction | Set 2 (3-Tier Architecture)
- DBMS Architecture 2-level 3-level
- Need For DBMS
- Data Abstraction and Data Independence
- Database Objects
- Multimedia Database
- Use of DBMS in System Software
- Choice of DBMS | Economic factors
Entity Relationship Model :
- Enhanced ER Model
- Minimization of ER Diagram
- ER Model: Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation
- Recursive Relationships
Relational Model :
- Relational Model and CODD Rules
- Keys in Relational Model (Candidate, Super, Primary, Alternate and Foreign)
- Number of possible Superkeys
Relational Algebra :
- Basic Operators
- Extended Operators
- Inner Join vs Outer Join
- How to solve Relational Algebra Problems for GATE
- How to Solve Relational Algebra Problems for GATE
Functional Dependencies :
- Finding Attribute Closure and Candidate Keys using Functional Dependencies
- Armstrong’s Axioms in Functional Dependency
- Canonical Cover
- Normal Forms
- Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Lossless Join Decomposition
- LossLess Join and Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- How to find the Highest Normal Form of a Relation
- DBMS | Data Replication
Transactions and Concurrency Control :
- ACID Properties
- Concurrency Control -Introduction
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Graph Based Protocol
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Two Phase Locking (2-PL)-I
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Two Phase Locking (2-PL)-II
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Two Phase Locking (2-PL)-III
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Multiple Granularity Locking
- Concurrency Control Protocol | Thomas Write Rule
- Concurrency Control | Polygraph to check View Serializabilty
- DBMS | Log based recovery
- Timestamp Ordering Protocols
- Introduction to TimeStamp and Deadlock Prevention Schemes
- Conflict Serializability
- View Serializability
- How to test if two schedules are View Equal or not ?
- Recoverability of Schedules
- Precedence Graph for testing Conflict Serializabilty
- Transaction Isolation Levels in DBMS
- Database Recovery Techniques
Indexing, B and B+ trees :
- Indexing and its Types
- B-Tree | Set 1 (Introduction)
- B-Tree | Set 2 (Insert)
- B-Tree | Set 3 (Delete)
- B+ Tree (Introduction)
- Bitmap Indexing
- File Organization – Set 1
- File Organization – Set 2 (Hashing in DBMS)
- File Organization – Set 3
- File Organization – Set 4
Advanced Topics :
- Query Optimization
- How to store a password in database?
- Storage Area Networks
- Network attached storage
- Data Warehousing
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Characteristics and Functions of Data warehouse
- Difficulties of Implementing Data Warehouses
- Data Mining
- Data Mining | KDD process
- Data Mining | Sources of Data that can be mined
- ODBMS – Definition and overview
- Architecture of HBase
- Apache HBase
- Architecture and Working of Hive
- Apache Hive
- Difference between Hive and HBase
- SQL | Tutorials
- Quiz on SQL
DBMS practices questions :
- Database Management Systems | Set 1
- Database Management Systems | Set 9
- Database Management Systems | Set 10
- Database Management Systems | Set 11
Advantages of DBMS
There are some following reasons to learn DBMS:
- Organizing and management of data: DBMS helps in managing large amounts of data in an organized manner. It provides features like create, edit, delete, and read.
- Data Security: DBMS provides Security to the data from the unauthorized person.
- Improved decision-making: From stored data in the database we can generate graphs, reports, and many visualizations which helps in decision-making.
- Consistency: In a traditional database model all things are manual or inconsistent, but DBMS enables to automation of the operations by queries.
FAQs on Database Management System(DBMS)
Q.1 what is database.
A database is a collection of organized data which can easily be created, updated, accessed, and managed. Records are kept maintained in tables or objects. A tuple (row) represents a single entry in a table. DBMS manipulates data from the database in the form of queries given by the user.
Q.2 What are different languages present in DBMS?
DDL (Data Definition Language) : These are the collection of commands which are required to define the database. E.g., CREATE, ALTER, RENAME, TRUNCATE, DROP, etc. DML (Data Manipulation Language) : These are the collection of commands which are required to manipulate the data stored in a database. E.g., SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE, etc. DCL (Data Control Language) : These are the collection of commands which are dealt with the user permissions and controls of the database system. E.g, GRANT, and REVOKE. TCL (Transaction Control Language) : These are the collection of commands which are required to deal with the transaction of the database. E.g., COMMIT, ROLLBACK, and SAVEPOINT.
Q.3 What are the ACID properties in DBMS?
The full form of ACID is Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability these are the properties of DBMS that ensure a safe and secure way of sharing data among multiple users. A – Atomic: All changes to the data must be performed successfully or not at all. C – Consistent: Data must be in a consistent state before and after the transaction. I – Isolated: No other process can change the data while the transaction is going on. D – Durable: The changes made by a transaction must persist.
Q.4 What are the Advantages of DBMS?
The followings are the few advantages of DBMS : Data Sharing: Data from the same database can be shared by multiple users at the same time. Integrity: It allows the data stored in an organized and refined manner. Data Independence: It allows changing the data structure without changing the composition of executing programs. Data Security: DBMS comes with the tools to make the storage and transfer of databases secure and reliable. Authentication and encryption are the tools used in DBMS for data security.
Quick Links :
- Last Minutes Notes(LMNs) on DBMS
- Quizzes on DBMS !
- ‘Practice Problems’ on DBMS !
- DBMS interview questions | Set 1
- DBMS interview questions | Set 2
Please Login to comment...
Improve your coding skills with practice.
Database Management Systems Notes | PDF | B Tech 2021
- Post last modified: 9 July 2021
- Reading time: 26 mins read
- Post category: B Tech Study Material
Download Database Management Systems Notes PDF, syllabus for B Tech, BCA, MCA 2021. We provide complete database management systems pdf. Database Management Systems lecture notes include database management systems notes , database management systems book , database management systems courses, database management systems syllabus , database management systems question paper , MCQ, case study, database management systems interview questions and available in database management systems pdf form.
Database Management Systems subject are included in B Tech CSE, BCA, MCA, M Tech. So, students can able to download database management systems notes pdf .
Table of Content
- 1 Database Management Systems Syllabus
- 2 Database Management Systems PDF
- 3.1 What is Database Management Systems?
- 4 Database Management Systems Interview Questions
- 5 Database Management Systems Question Paper
- 6 Database Management Systems Book
Database Management Systems Notes can be downloaded in database management systems pdf from the below article
Database Management Systems Syllabus
Detailed database management systems syllabus as prescribed by various Universities and colleges in India are as under. You can download the syllabus in database management systems pdf form.
Introductory Concepts of DBMS : Introduction and application of DBMS, Data Independence, Database System Architecture – levels, Mapping, Database users and DBA, Entity-Relationship model, constraints, keys, Design issues, E-R Diagram, Extended E-R features- Generalization, Specialization, Aggregation, Translating E-R model into Relational model.
Relational Model : The relational Model, The catalogue, Types, Keys, Relational Algebra, Fundamental operations, Additional Operations, SQL fundamentals, DDL, DML, DCL PL/SQL Concepts, Cursors, Stored Procedures, Stored Functions, Database Integrity – Triggers.
Functional Dependencies : Non-loss Decomposition, First, Second, Third Normal Forms, Dependency Preservation, Boyce/Codd Normal Form, Multi-valued Dependencies and Fourth Normal Form, Join Dependencies and Fifth Normal Form.
Transaction Management : ACID properties, serializability of Transaction, Testing for Serializability and concurrency control, Lock based concurrency control (2PL, Deadlocks), Time stamping methods, Database recovery management.
Implementation Techniques : Overview of Physical Storage Media, File Organization, Indexing and Hashing, B+ tree Index Files, Query Processing Overview, Catalog Information for Cost Estimation, Selection Operation, Sorting, Join Operation, Materialized views, Database Tuning.
Database Management Systems PDF
Database management systems notes, what is database management systems.
Database Management System (DBMS) is a software for storing and retrieving users’ data while considering appropriate security measures. It consists of a group of programs which manipulate the database.
The DBMS accepts the request for data from an application and instructs the operating system to provide the specific data. In large systems, a DBMS helps users and other third-party software to store and retrieve data.
Database Management Systems Interview Questions
Some of the database management systems interview questions are mentioned below. You can download the QnA in database management systems pdf form.
- What is DBMS used for?
- What is meant by a Database?
- What is the purpose of normalization in DBMS?
- What are the different types of languages that are available in the DBMS?
- Explain the concepts of a Primary key and Foreign Key.
- What is the concept of sub-query in terms of SQL?
- What is the main difference between UNION and UNION ALL?
- Explain the concept of ACID properties in DBMS?
- What are the different levels of abstraction in the DBMS?
- What is the E-R model in the DBMS?
- What is meant by the trigger?
Database Management Systems Question Paper
If you have already studied the database management systems notes, now it’s time to move ahead and go through previous year database management systems question paper .
It will help you to understand question paper pattern and type of database management systems questions and answers asked in B Tech, BCA, MCA, M Tech database management systems exam. You can download the syllabus in database management systems pdf form.
Database Management Systems Book
Below is the list of database management systems book recommended by the top university in India.
- Abraham Silberschatz, Henry F. Korth, S. Sudharshan, “Database System Concepts”, 5th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2006
- Elmsari and Navathe, “Fundamentals of Database Systems”, 6th Ed., Pearson, 2013.
- C.J.Date, A.Kannan, S.Swamynathan, “An Introduction to Database Systems”, 8th Edition, Pearson Education, 2006.
- J. D. Ullman, “Principles of Database Systems”, 2nd Ed., Galgotia Publications, 1999. [R3] Vipin C. Desai, “An Introduction to Database Systems”, West Publishing Co.,
Download B Tech (CS) Study Material
Computer Networks Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Computer Networks Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Computer Networks Notes )
Computer Graphics Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Computer Graphics Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Computer Graphics Notes )
Operating System Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Operating System Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Operating System Notes )
Compiler Design Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Compiler Design Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Compiler Design Notes )
Data Structures Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Data Structures Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Data Structures Notes )
Digital Image Processing Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Digital Image Processing Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Digital Image Processing Notes )
Theory of Computation Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Theory of Computation Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Theory of Computation Notes )
Computer Organization and Architecture Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Computer Organization and Architecture Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Computer Organization and Architecture Notes )
Cloud Computing Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Cloud Computing Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Cloud Computing Notes )
Data Communication and Networking Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Data Communication and Networking Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Data Communication and Networking Notes )
Software Engineering Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Software Engineering Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Software Engineering Notes )
Web Technologies Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Web Technologies Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Web Technologies Notes )
Microprocessor and Microcontrollers Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Microprocessor and Microcontrollers Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Microprocessor and Microcontrollers Notes )
Design and Analysis of Algorithm Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Design and Analysis of Algorithm Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Design and Analysis of Algorithm Notes )
Operation Research Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Operation Research Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Operation Research Notes )
Database Management Systems Notes ✅  PDF – Download
Database Management Systems Notes  PDF, Syllabus, PPT, Book, Interview questions, Question Paper ( Download Database Management Systems Notes )
In the above article, a student can download database management systems notes for B Tech, BCA, MCA, M Tech . Database Management Systems lecture notes and study material includes database management systems notes , database management systems books , database management systems syllabus , database management systems question paper , database management systems case study , database management systems interview questions , database management systems courses in database management systems pdf form.
Go On, Share & Help your Friend
Did we miss something in B.Tech Computer Science Notes or You want something More? Come on! Tell us what you think about our post on Database Management Systems Notes | PDF, Syllabus, Book | B Tech 2021 in the comments section and Share this post with your friends.
You Might Also Like
Operation Research Notes | PDF, Syllabus | MBA, B Tech 2024
Theory of Computation Notes | PDF, Syllabus | B Tech 2021
Digital Image Processing Notes | PDF, Syllabus | B Tech 2021
How to download notes on geektonight, advanced java programming notes | pdf | b tech (2024), embedded system pdf | notes, syllabus | b tech (2024).
Data Communication and Networking Notes, PDF | B Tech (2024)
Wireless networks notes | pdf, syllabus | b tech 2021, digital communication notes | pdf, syllabus | b tech 2021, analog communication pdf | notes, syllabus b tech 2021.
Compiler Design Notes | PDF, Syllabus, Book | B Tech 2021
Microprocessor And Microcontroller Notes | PDF | B Tech 2021
This post has one comment.
Greetings, Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job, Keep it up. You can check out this article, might be of help 🙂
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
World's Best Online Courses at One Place
We’ve spent the time in finding, so you can spend your time in learning
Online Programming Lessons, Tutorials and Capstone Project guide
40 List of DBMS Project Topics and Ideas
A Capstone project is the last project of an IT degree program. It is made up of one or more research projects in which students create prototypes, services, and/or products. The projects are organized around an issue that needs to be handled in real-world scenarios. When IT departments want to test new ideas or concepts that will be adopted into their daily operations, they implement these capstone projects within their services.
In this article, our team has compiled a list of Database Management System Project Topics and Ideas. The capstone projects listed below will assist future researchers in deciding which capstone project idea to pursue. Future researchers may find the information in this page useful in coming up with unique capstone project ideas.
- Telemedicine Online Platform Database Design
“Telemedicine Online Platform” is designed to allow doctors to deliver clinical support to patients remotely. Doctors can communicate with their patients in real-time for consultations, diagnoses, monitoring, and medical supply prescriptions. The project will be developed using the SDLC method by the researchers. The researchers will also compile a sample of hospital doctors and patients who will act as study participants. A panel of IT specialists will review, test, and assess the project.
- Virtual and Remote Guidance Counselling System Database Design
Counseling is a vital component of a person’s life since it aids in the improvement of interpersonal relationships. Humans must cease ignoring this issue because it is essential for the development of mental wellness. The capstone project “Virtual and Remote Guidance Counselling System,” which covers the gap in giving counseling in stressful situations, was built for this reason. It answers to the requirement to fill in the gaps in the traditional technique and make it more effective and immersive in this way.
- COVID-19 Facilities Management Information System Database Design
COVID – 19 has put people in fear due to its capability of transmission when exposed to the virus. The health sectors and the government provide isolation facilities for COVID-19 patients to mitigate the spread and transmission of the virus. However, proper communication for the availability of the facilities is inefficient resulting to surge of patients in just one facility and some are transferred multiple times due to unavailability. The COVID-19 respondents must have an advance tools to manage the COVID-19 facilities where respondents can easily look for available facilities to cater more patients.
- Document Tracking System Database Design
The capstone project, “Document Tracking System” is purposely designed for companies and organizations that allow them to electronically store and track documents. The system will track the in/out of the documents across different departments. The typical way of tracking documents is done using the manual approach. The staff will call or personally ask for updates about the documents which are time-consuming and inefficient.
- Face Recognition Application Database Design
Technology has grown so fast; it changes the way we do our daily tasks. Technology has made our daily lives easier. The capstone project, entitled “Face Recognition Attendance System” is designed to automate checking and recording of students’ attendance during school events using face recognition technology. The system will work by storing the student’s information along with their photographs in a server and the system will detect the faces of the students during school events and match it and verify to record the presence or absence of the student.
- Digital Wallet Solution Database Design
The capstone project, named “Digital Wallet Solution,” is intended to allow people to store money online and make payments online. The digital wallet transactions accept a variety of currencies and provide a variety of payment gateways via which the user can pay for products and services. The system allows users to conduct secure and convenient online financial transactions. It will speed up payment and other financial processes, reducing the amount of time and effort required to complete them.
- Virtual Online Tour Application Database Design
The usage of technology is an advantage in the business industry, especially during this challenging pandemic. It allows businesses to continue to operate beyond physicality. The capstone project entitled “Virtual Online Tour Application” is designed as a platform to streamline virtual tours for clients. Any business industry can use the system to accommodate and provide their clients with a virtual experience of their business. For example, the tourist industry and real estate agencies can use the system to provide a virtual tour to their clients about the tourist locations and designs of properties, respectively.
- Invoice Management System Database Design
The researchers will create a system that will make it easier for companies to manage and keep track of their invoice information. The company’s sales records, payables, and total invoice records will all be electronically managed using this project. Technology is highly used for business operations and transactions automation. The capstone project, entitled “Invoice Management System” is designed to automate the management of the company’s invoice records. The said project will help companies to have an organized, accurate, and reliable record that will help them track their sales and finances.
- Vehicle Repair and Maintenance Management System Database Design
Information Technology has become an integral part of any kind of business in terms of automating business operations and transactions. The capstone project, entitled “Vehicle Repair and Maintenance Management System” is designed for vehicle repair and maintenance management automation. The said project will automate the vehicle garage’s operations and daily transactions. The system will automate operations such as managing vehicle repair and maintenance records, invoice records, customer records, transaction records, billing and payment records, and transaction records.
- Transcribe Medical Database Design
Information technology has made everything easier and simpler, including transcribing the medical diagnosis of patients. The capstone project, entitled “Medical Transcription Platform,” is designed to allow medical transcriptionists to transcribe audio of medical consultations and diagnose patients in a centralized manner. A medical transcriptionist is vital to keep accurate and credible medical records of patients and can be used by other doctors to know the patients’ medical history. The said project will serve as a platform where transcribed medical audios are stored for safekeeping and easy retrieval.
- Multi-branch Travel Agency and Booking System Database Design
The capstone project, entitled “Multi-Branch Travel Agency and Booking System,” is designed as a centralized platform wherein multiple travel agency branches are registered to ease and simplify inquiries and booking of travels and tour packages by clients. The said project will allow travel agencies to operate a business in an easy, fast manner considering the convenience and safety of their clients. The system will enable travel agencies and their clients to have a seamless online transaction.
- Pharmacy Stocks Management Database Design
The capstone project “Pharmacy Stocks Management System” allows pharmacies to manage and monitor their stocks of drugs electronically. The Pharmacy Stocks Management System will automate inventory to help ensure that the pharmacy has enough stock of medications and supplies to serve the needs of the patients.
- Loan Management with SMS Database Design
The capstone project entitled “ Loan Management System with SMS ” is an online platform that allows members to apply and request loan. In addition, they can also monitor their balance in their respective dashboard. Management of cooperative will review first the application for approval or disapproval of the request. Notification will be send through the SMS or short messaging service feature of the system.
- Service Call Management System Database Design
The capstone project, entitled ” Service Call Management System,” is designed to transform service calls to a centralized platform. The said project would allow clients to log in and lodge calls to the tech support if they encountered issues and difficulties with their purchased products. The tech support team will diagnose the issue and provide them with the necessary actions to perform via a call to solve the problem and achieve satisfaction.
- File Management with Approval Process Database Design
The File Management System provides a platform for submitting, approving, storing, and retrieving files. Specifically, the capstone project is for the file management of various business organizations. This is quite beneficial in the management and organization of the files of every department. Installation of the system on an intranet is possible, as is uploading the system to a live server, from which the platform can be viewed online and through the use of a browser.
- Beauty Parlor Management System Database Design
The capstone project entitled “Beauty Parlour Management System” is an example of transactional processing system that focuses on the records and process of a beauty parlour. This online application will help the management to keep and manage their transactions in an organize, fast and efficient manner.
- Exam Management System Database Design
Information technology plays a significant role in the teaching and learning process of teachers and students, respectively. IT offers a more efficient and convenient way for teachers and students to learn and assess learnings. The capstone project, “Exam Management System,” is designed to allow electronic management of all the information about the exam questions, courses and subjects, and teachers and students. The said project is an all-in-one platform for student exam management.
- Student and Faculty Clearance Database Design
The capstone project, entitled “Student and Faculty Clearance System,” is designed to automate students and faculty clearance processes. The approach is intended to make the clearance procedure easier while also guaranteeing that approvals are accurate and complete. The project works by giving every Department involved access to the application. The proposed scheme can eliminate the specified challenges, streamline the process, and verify the integrity and correctness of the data.
- Vehicle Parking Management System Database Design
The capstone project entitled “ Vehicle Parking Management System ” is an online platform that allows vehicle owners to request or reserve a slot for parking space. Management can accept and decline the request of reservation. In addition, payment option is also part of the system feature but is limited to on-site payment.
- Hospital Resources and Room Utilization Database Design
The capstone project, “Hospital Resources and Room Utilization Management System” is a system designed to streamline the process of managing hospital resources and room utilization. The said project is critical especially now that we are facing a pandemic, there is a need for efficient management of hospital resources and room management. The management efficiency will prevent a shortage in supplies and overcrowding of patients in the hospitals.
- Church Event Management System Database Design
The capstone project entitled “Church Event Management System” is designed to be used by church organizations in creating and managing different church events. The conventional method of managing church events is done manually where members of organizations will face difficulties due to physical barriers and time constraints.
- CrowdFunding Platform Database Design
Business financing is critical for new business ventures. In this study, the researchers concentrate on designing and developing a business financing platform that is effective for new startups. This capstone project, entitled “Crowdfunding Platform” is a website that allows entrepreneurs to campaign their new business venture to attract investors and crowdfund.
- Vehicle Franchising and Drivers Offense Software Database Design
The proposed software will be used to electronically process and manage vehicle and franchising and driver’s offenses. The proposed software will eliminate the manual method which involves a lot of paper works and consumes valuable amount of time. The proposed project will serve as a centralized platform was recording and paying for the offenses committed by the drivers will be processed. The system will quicken the process of completing transaction between the enforcers and the drivers. Vehicle franchising and managing driver offenses will be easy, fast and convenient using the system.
- Student Tracking Performance Database Design
The capstone project entitled “Student Academic Performance Tracking and Monitoring System” allows academic institutions to monitor and gather data about the academic performance of students where decisions are derived to further improve the students learning outcomes. Tracking and monitoring student’s performance serves a vital role in providing information that is used to assist students, teachers, administrators, and policymakers in making decisions that will further improve the academic performance of students.
- Webinar Course Management System Database Design
The capstone project, entitled “Webinar Course Management System,” is designed to automate managing webinar courses. The project aims to eliminate the current method, which is inefficient and inconvenient for parties involved in the webinar. A software development life cycle (SDLC) technique will be used by the researchers in order to build this project. They will gather a sample size of participating webinar members and facilitators to serve as respondents of the study.
- Online Birth Certificate Processing System with SMS Notification Database Design
The capstone project, “Online Birth Certificate Processing System with SMS Notification “ is an IT-based solution that aims to automate the process of requesting, verifying, and approving inquiries for original birth records. The system will eliminate the traditional method and transition the birth certificate processing into an easy, convenient, and efficient manner. The researchers will develop the project following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) technique.
- Food Donation Services Database Design
Information technology plays a significant role in automating the operations of many companies to boost efficiency. One of these is the automation of food donation and distribution management. “Food Donation Services,” the capstone project, is intended to serve as a platform for facilitating transactions between food groups, donors, and recipients. Food banks will be able to respond to various food donations and food assistance requests in a timely and effective manner as a result of the project.
- COVID Profiling Database Design
The capstone project “City COVID-19 Profiling System with Decision Support” is designed to automate the process of profiling COVID-19 patients. The project will empower local health officers in electronically recording and managing COVID-19 patient information such as symptoms, travel history, and other critical details needed to identify patients. Manual profiling is prone to human mistakes, necessitates a lot of paperwork, and needs too much time and effort from the employees.
- Evacuation Center Database Design
Calamities can have a significant impact on society. It may result in an enormous number of people being evacuated. The local government unit assigned evacuation centers to provide temporary shelter for people during disasters. Evacuation centers are provided to give temporary shelter for the people during and after a calamity. Evacuation centers can be churches, sports stadium community centers, and much more that are capable to provide emergency shelter.
- QR Code Fare Payment System Database Design
The capstone project, “QR Code Fare Payment System” is designed to automate the procedure of paying for a fare when riding a vehicle. Passengers will register in the system to receive their own QR code, which they will use to pay for their fares by scanning in the system’s QR code scanning page. The project will enable cashless fare payment.
- Web Based Psychopathology Diagnosis System Database Design
The capstone project entitled “Web-Based Psychopathology Diagnosis System” is designed for patients and medical staff in the field of psychopathology. The system will be a centralized platform to be used by patients and psychopathologists for consultations. The said project will also keep all the records electronically. Mental health is important. Each individual must give importance to their mental health by paying attention to it and seek medical advice if symptoms of mental disorders and unusual behavior occur.
- Service Marketplace System Database Design
The capstone project, “Services Marketplace System” is designed to serve as a centralized platform for marketing and inquiring about different services. The system will serve as a platform where different service providers and customers will have an automated transaction. Technology made it easier for people to accomplish daily tasks and activities. In the conventional method, customers avail themselves of services by visiting the shop that offers their desired services personally.
- Fish Catch System Database Design
The capstone project, entitled “Fish Catch Monitoring System” will automate the process of recording and monitoring fish catches. The said project is intended to be used by fisherman and fish markets to accurately record fish catches and will also keep the records electronically safe and secure.
- Complaints Handling Management System Free Template Database Design
The capstone project, “Complaint Handling Management System” is a system designed to help educational institutions to handle and manage complaints electronically. The system will improve the response time of the school’s management in addressing the complaints of the students, parents, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Senior Citizen Information System Free Template Database Design
The system will replace the manual method of managing information and records of the senior citizen to an electronic one. The system will serve as a repository of the record of the senior citizen within the scope of a specific local government unit. By using the system, paper works will be lessened and human errors in file handling will be avoided. The system is efficient enough to aid in managing and keeping the records of the senior citizens in the different barangay.
- Online and SMS-Based Salary Notification Database Design
The “Online and SMS Based Salary Notification” is a capstone project intended to be used by companies and employees to automate the process of notifying salary details. The application will work by allowing the designated company encoder to encode details of salary and the employees to log in to his/her account in the application and have access to the details of his/her salary. One of the beauties of being employed is being paid. Employers manage the employee’s salary and are responsible to discuss with the employees the system of the salary and deductions.
- Maternal Records Management Database Design
The capstone project, “Maternal Records Management System” is a system that automates the process of recording and keeping maternal records. The said project will allow maternity clinics to track and monitor their patients’ records from pregnancy to their baby’s immunization records.
- Online Complaint Management System Database Design
Online Complaint Management System is a capstone project that is design to serve as a platform to address complaints and resolve disputes. The system provides an online way of resolving problems faced by the public or people within the organization. The system will make complaints easier to coordinate, monitor, track and resolve.
- Online Donation Database Design
The capstone project , “Online Donation Platform for DSWD” is an online platform for giving and asking donations in the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). The system will be managed by the staffs of the DSWD to verify donors and legible beneficiaries electronically. The system will have an SMS feature to notify the donors and beneficiaries about the status of their request.
- OJT Timesheet Monitoring System using QR Code Database Design
The capstone project, “OJT Timesheet Monitoring System using QR Code” allows employer to automate timesheet of each trainee for easy monitoring. The system will be used by the on-the-job trainees to serve as their daily time in and out using the QR code generated by the system. The entire system will be managed by the administrator.
Technology is attributed with driving change in a wide range of enterprises and institutions. Because of information technology, the world has altered dramatically. It is difficult to imagine an industry or organization that has not benefited from technology advances. In these businesses, the most common role of IT has been to automate numerous procedures and transactions in order to increase efficiency and improve people’s overall experience and satisfaction. The aforementioned capstone project ideas will be useful in a range of sectors. It will aid in enhancing operational efficiency as well as the services provided to the project’s users.
You may visit our Facebook page for more information, inquiries, and comments. Please subscribe also to our YouTube Channel to receive free capstone projects resources and computer programming tutorials.
Hire our team to do the project.
Related Topics and Articles:
- List of Completed Capstone Projects with Source code
- 27 Free Capstone Project Ideas and Tutorials
- 16 Lists of Free Capstone Project Ideas in Flutter
- 39 Capstone Project Ideas for IT Related Courses
- 50+ Free Download Web Based System Template in Bootstrap
- COVID-19 Capstone and Research Free Project Ideas 2022
- Capstone Project Ideas for IT and IS January 2022
- Capstone Project Ideas for IT and IS December 2021
- IT and IS Capstone Project Free Resources November 2021
- List of 45 IT Capstone Project on Crime and Disaster Management
- QR Code Generator in PHP Free Source code and Tutorial
Backup mysql database on wamp, mysql tutorial – creating a table in mysql.
Taxi Mobile an Android Based Taxi Booking Application
Search code, repositories, users, issues, pull requests...
We read every piece of feedback, and take your input very seriously.
Use saved searches to filter your results more quickly.
To see all available qualifiers, see our documentation .
Here are 478 public repositories matching this topic..., samarth-p / college-erp.
A college management system built using Django framework. It is designed for interactions between students and teachers. Features include attendance, marks and time table.
- Updated Sep 5, 2023
PuneethReddyHC / online-shopping-system-advanced
- Updated Nov 23, 2023
PuneethReddyHC / online-shopping-system
- Updated Feb 14, 2024
syedibrahim / Pharmacy-Management-System
Java project using Swing and MySql for pharmacy management.
- Updated Dec 23, 2020
PuneethReddyHC / event-management
helps to register an users for on events conducted in college fests with simple logic with secured way
- Updated Nov 7, 2023
winston-dsouza / Online-Food-Ordering-System
Online Food Ordering And Order Retrieval System
- Updated Jul 31, 2023
thealoneprogrammer / Musical-World
DBMS Mini Project that basically designed for online music player
- Updated Nov 25, 2023
vinitshahdeo / Library-Management-System
[DBMS Project] An interactive web portal for automating various manual processes done by librarian.
- Updated Oct 2, 2020
niteshkumartiwari / B-Plus-Tree
Mini Database System using B+ Tree in C++ (Simple & Self-Explanatory Code)
- Updated Dec 24, 2022
Bharat-Reddy / Hostel-Management-System
A system built for hostel room allocation for our College(NIT Calicut) as a part of DBMS Course.
- Updated Mar 7, 2022
vaibhavverma9999 / Hotel-Management-System
- Updated Nov 23, 2021
Sid-149 / DBMS-Movie-Ticket-Booking-System
This repository contains the source code for Online Movie Ticket Booking System, which was a Mini Project for Database Management System (DBMS).
- Updated Jan 3, 2021
adityarverma / railway-management-system
Railway Management System website built as course project in DBMS subject,B.Tech. Used SQL , html ,css and php.
- Updated Nov 5, 2020
rutujar / Online-Food-Delivery
5th SEM DBMS Mini Project under VTU CBCS.
- Updated Feb 6, 2021
nikhilkeshava / online-course-registration-
online course registration by using html,css,js,and php and final year and engineering project - for demo
- Updated Jan 10, 2023
chandandas27 / Bank-Management-System
A Database project on Bank Management System using JavaFX and MySQL
- Updated Jan 25, 2020
kenil0811 / Library-management-system
a simple website for library management system
- Updated Nov 8, 2019
inboxpraveen / FIFA-18-Management-System
This repository contains the whole project. This project was intended to exhibit as a DBMS project but it can also act as a web development project as it includes complete front end and back end.
- Updated Jan 25, 2023
prashant333 / gym-management
Gym Management System provides an easy to use interface for the users and a database for the admin to maintain the records of gym members.
- Updated Mar 18, 2023
rafi007akhtar / CentralBank
Banking app written in Django.
- Updated Nov 8, 2020
Improve this page
Add a description, image, and links to the dbms-project topic page so that developers can more easily learn about it.
Curate this topic
Add this topic to your repo
To associate your repository with the dbms-project topic, visit your repo's landing page and select "manage topics."